Cardale
-
I'm an IU fan and am watching the game.. Haven't watched a lot of OSU...but what on earth do you guys see in Cardale? I like his size but what else? Throws an ugly ball. GO Hoosiers! (forgive me)
I'm an IU fan and am watching the game.. Haven't watched a lot of OSU...but what on earth do you guys see in Cardale? I like his size but what else? Throws an ugly ball. GO Hoosiers! (forgive me)
When he had the pass protection last year's line gave him - he looked like a great QB leading his team to a National Championship. Film doesn't lie.
When he doesn't have good protection he can Dr Kevorkian a drive as easily as Brandon Weeden, and that ain't good. Speaking of Weeden, if a team doesn't protect their starting QB - they could get sentenced to a backup QB like Brandon Weeden.
Moral of the story, good things come to teams that protect their QB.
-
Sure looked like #1 when they destroyed Alabama, Wisconsin and Oregon last year.
Same team, same coaches (almost). Let the bitches bitch. They bitch when things are good, they bitch when things are bad.
Sure looked like #1 when they destroyed Alabama, Wisconsin and Oregon last year.
Same team, same coaches (almost). Let the bitches bitch. They bitch when things are good, they bitch when things are bad.
There's a pretty critical error in your "same coaches" statement. It appears to be making somewhat of a difference.
-
Sure looked like #1 when they destroyed Alabama, Wisconsin and Oregon last year.
Same team, same coaches (almost). Let the bitches bitch. They bitch when things are good, they bitch when things are bad.
There's a pretty critical error in your "same coaches" statement. It appears to be making somewhat of a difference.
There's a pretty critical error in your "same coaches" statement. It appears to be making somewhat of a difference.
Where's the error? I said almost.
-
I'm an IU fan and am watching the game.. Haven't watched a lot of OSU...but what on earth do you guys see in Cardale? I like his size but what else? Throws an ugly ball. GO Hoosiers! (forgive me)
I'm an IU fan and am watching the game.. Haven't watched a lot of OSU...but what on earth do you guys see in Cardale? I like his size but what else? Throws an ugly ball. GO Hoosiers! (forgive me)
Cardale has come back to earth. If you think he throws an ugly ball- you're nuts.
Forget Cardale - Zeke Elliott was incredible! My wife asked how come they keep showing the same replay of #15. I had to tell her those were all different runs that had the exact same outcome: Touchdown Ohio State.
Elliot bailed out the Bucks today. They're still not playing like the #1 team in the Nation- but if they keep on winning....
Ohio State has a target on them- they keep getting- and will get- the opposition's best effort.
-
There's a pretty critical error in your "same coaches" statement. It appears to be making somewhat of a difference.
Where's the error? I said almost.
Where's the error? I said almost.
Because to even say "almost" is an error. 33% of the critical coaches are gone. That number is too high to say "same coaches," even with an almost tacked on. It's not as if teams lose both coordinators pretty often so to hold on to win is a victory.
-
I think JT is a better all around QB. and I applaud his attitude when he knows he could start anywhere else.
-
What the hell does last year have to do with it? I'm talking now. They don't look like No. 1 to me.
-
I'm an IU fan and am watching the game.. Haven't watched a lot of OSU...but what on earth do you guys see in Cardale? I like his size but what else? Throws an ugly ball. GO Hoosiers! (forgive me)
Cardale has come back to earth. If you think he throws an ugly ball- you're nuts.
Forget Cardale - Zeke Elliott was incredible! My wife asked how come they keep showing the same replay of #15. I had to tell her those were all different runs that had the exact same outcome: Touchdown Ohio State.
Elliot bailed out the Bucks today. They're still not playing like the #1 team in the Nation- but if they keep on winning....
Ohio State has a target on them- they keep getting- and will get- the opposition's best effort.
-
I'm an IU fan and am watching the game.. Haven't watched a lot of OSU...but what on earth do you guys see in Cardale? I like his size but what else? Throws an ugly ball. GO Hoosiers! (forgive me)
Cardale has come back to earth. If you think he throws an ugly ball- you're nuts.
Forget Cardale - Zeke Elliott was incredible! My wife asked how come they keep showing the same replay of #15. I had to tell her those were all different runs that had the exact same outcome: Touchdown Ohio State.
Elliot bailed out the Bucks today. They're still not playing like the #1 team in the Nation- but if they keep on winning....
Ohio State has a target on them- they keep getting- and will get- the opposition's best effort.
Cardale has come back to earth. If you think he throws an ugly ball- you're nuts.
Elliot bailed out the Bucks today. They're still not playing like the #1 team in the Nation- but if they keep on winning....
Ohio State has a target on them- they keep getting- and will get- the opposition's best effort.
I'm not worried about the talent at the QB position if Cardale struggles - you have an All Conference talent to replace him. Even Andrew Luck plays Santa Claus to defenses when he doesn't get protected as depicted in 2 of Indy's losses.
This is going to sound outrageous on a day Elliott did what he did; BUT I'm more worried about the difference in offensive line this year. They replaced 4 starters from last year and the pass protection and run blocking has been very inconsistent. In particular, if you look at where all 3 of Elliott's long TD runs began - they came off the left edge. Then it was up to him to outrun pursuit and he did. Last year, it looked like Elliott could break off long runs inside or outside (left or right). That's what I think has changed most.
-
State's offense has struggled so far this season and I wonder how much of that is due to losing their offensive coordinator Tom Herman? On the positive side for the Browns maybe it will end the foolish talk of "fail for Cardale".
-
C. Jones ranks 88 in QB rating with a 46.2 rating. Your leaders #2. C. Kessler USC 91.9 #6. Kevin Hogan STAN. 85.9 #9.Paxton Lynch MEM. 81.8 #12.C. Cook MSU 80.6 #13 thur #19 Kyle Allen A&M, J. Goff CAL, T. Boykin TCU, Dak Prescott MSST, Seth Russell BAY. and Matt Johnson BGSU all have rankings of 77.0 to 80.0. It's not Fail for Cardell. It's Wide Open for what you got in the NFL JM? Tick Tock!!
-
Cardale has come back to earth. If you think he throws an ugly ball- you're nuts.
Elliot bailed out the Bucks today. They're still not playing like the #1 team in the Nation- but if they keep on winning....
Ohio State has a target on them- they keep getting- and will get- the opposition's best effort.
I'm not worried about the talent at the QB position if Cardale struggles - you have an All Conference talent to replace him. Even Andrew Luck plays Santa Claus to defenses when he doesn't get protected as depicted in 2 of Indy's losses.
This is going to sound outrageous on a day Elliott did what he did; BUT I'm more worried about the difference in offensive line this year. They replaced 4 starters from last year and the pass protection and run blocking has been very inconsistent. In particular, if you look at where all 3 of Elliott's long TD runs began - they came off the left edge. Then it was up to him to outrun pursuit and he did. Last year, it looked like Elliott could break off long runs inside or outside (left or right). That's what I think has changed most.
I'm not worried about the talent at the QB position if Cardale struggles - you have an All Conference talent to replace him. Even Andrew Luck plays Santa Claus to defenses when he doesn't get protected as depicted in 2 of Indy's losses.
This is going to sound outrageous on a day Elliott did what he did; BUT I'm more worried about the difference in offensive line this year. They replaced 4 starters from last year and the pass protection and run blocking has been very inconsistent. In particular, if you look at where all 3 of Elliott's long TD runs began - they came off the left edge. Then it was up to him to outrun pursuit and he did. Last year, it looked like Elliott could break off long runs inside or outside (left or right). That's what I think has changed most.
The Bucks returned 4 starters from last year.
Decker, Elflein, Boren and Price.
-
I'm an IU fan and am watching the game.. Haven't watched a lot of OSU...but what on earth do you guys see in Cardale? I like his size but what else? Throws an ugly ball. GO Hoosiers! (forgive me)
I'm an IU fan and am watching the game.. Haven't watched a lot of OSU...but what on earth do you guys see in Cardale?
Not sure who "you guys" are, because i think most people here have a realistic view of Cardale, while only a few went off the deep end on the Fail for Cardale binge(very few, actually)........But I think those people that are enamored with him as an NFL prospect see the perfect size, a monster arm, a National Championship and an 8-0 record.....
And OSU fans?.... just see wins and support whatever QB is playing.....because all 3 are pretty good.....
-
My dumb opinion? Cardale is more a TE in the pros, as far as contributing soon. He throws a beautiful throw, you often
just don't know where it's going as far as accuracy. He's one of those kids who has come a long way,
been growing up... will be more a developmental qb in the pros.
Why? I suppose his mechanics suck, because of the inaccuracy shown in the last game. They fooled him badly
at times, in a spread offense - that will hinder his progress in the NFL.
Cardale, I think so far, is a whole lot more Jamesis Winston who started out struggling in the NFL.
The two, Winston and Cardale, are impressive qbs in college, but the NFL is a hugely different deal.
Neither one of them has the NFL-ready skills and NFL QB mental makeup like Cam Newton has shown at every level in college,
in different systems. Just my impressions - remember, I said they were dumb from the gitgo.....

-
State's offense has struggled so far this season and I wonder how much of that is due to losing their offensive coordinator Tom Herman? On the positive side for the Browns maybe it will end the foolish talk of "fail for Cardale".
State's offense has struggled so far this season and I wonder how much of that is due to losing their offensive coordinator Tom Herman? On the positive side for the Browns maybe it will end the foolish talk of "fail for Cardale".
This is the biggest problem BY FAR and just goes to show how important coaching can be. Herman was a genius play caller and the current OC staff just aren't. Pretty simple to me though-if you don't trust Cardale to throw the football put Barrett in.
-
State's offense has struggled so far this season and I wonder how much of that is due to losing their offensive coordinator Tom Herman? On the positive side for the Browns maybe it will end the foolish talk of "fail for Cardale".
This is the biggest problem BY FAR and just goes to show how important coaching can be. Herman was a genius play caller and the current OC staff just aren't. Pretty simple to me though-if you don't trust Cardale to throw the football put Barrett in.
This is the biggest problem BY FAR and just goes to show how important coaching can be. Herman was a genius play caller and the current OC staff just aren't. Pretty simple to me though-if you don't trust Cardale to throw the football put Barrett in.
I said the same thing about how easy it is to replace Cardale with an All Conference talent at QB.
I still think the offensive line can get way more consistent especially if they return 4 starters from last year (which I got backwards earlier on). As I said, it seems strange saying that after the 2nd half Elliott had - but the reality is those 3 long TD runs went around the fanny of LT. It wasn't like the rest of Indiana's front was nearly that owned reminding us there's still some inconsistency. That doesn't help the play calling while they miss somebody that was really good at it last year.
Keep in mind, they still managed to get beat by somebody they should have beaten at home in 2014 though. Lucky for them it was early enough into the season to where it didn't keep them from becoming #1 when it mattered most.
-
OSU is still number 1, no doubt.
It's not MSU, TCU, Ole Miss, or Bama. It HAS to still be OSU at this point.
-
Cardale threw a pretty touch pass near beginning of their first TD drive. Something like a 15 or 20 yd crossing route as I remember.
I still see a raw, Big Ben clone who stands in and surveys the field. Only question is whether he's reading D's or looking for open guys. Appeared to be the latter on the INT he threw. But you can bet he's working hard or else Urban would not be riding him.
Bottom Line: same potential as last year at a falling price.
As for ranking... no... not looking like #1, but...
#2 Michigan St. did not show well enough to unseat us.
#3 Ole Miss got skunked.
#4 and 5, TCU and Baylor, both won big and will be on our heels, but until the committee meets we're safe.
#6 and lower... not leap-frogging TCU and Baylor.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
