Skip to content

***Official Browns @ Chargers Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
119 36 5.4k
  • It's getting to the point where I'm holding my breathe every time McCown drops back.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @wargograw said:

    It's getting to the point where I'm holding my breathe every time McCown drops back.

    He had a solid 1st half but still holds onto the ball way too long. I get the idea of a coverage sack but if the defense gives you 4 second on a blitz you gotta get rid of the ball.

  • dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by
    #26

    They're not showing the Browns game here in Columbus. So I have to watch it on the NFL Redzone channel. Unfortunately, they aren't showing much of it. Has McCown thrown any interceptions in the game? I see the score is tied at halftime.

  • B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Well since there are no positive comments here....

    Duke Johnson looks good today. Breakout game so far. Benjamin still reliable.

    Not too many positives with the defense other than Desir playing pretty well. Still no pass rush outside of the first two series. Kruger has only 2 moves.. bull rush or trying to beat defender around the edge. Neither has worked all season...

  • They're not showing the Browns game here in Columbus. So I have to watch it on the NFL Redzone channel. Unfortunately, they aren't showing much of it. Has McCown thrown any interceptions in the game? I see the score is tied at halftime.

    B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @dawg2fan said:

    They're not showing the Browns game here in Columbus. So I have to watch it on the NFL Redzone channel. Unfortunately, they aren't showing much of it. Has McCown thrown any interceptions in the game? I see the score is tied at halftime.

    One fumble and he is standing in the pocket too long on most plays. Playing as well as one would expect him to though..

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Duke definitely looks great today. Hats off to him.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Browns have looked ok, not good, not bad.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Don't get the boner over Johnson, Crow seems like a tough fast back

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Maybe because you're basing it on one catch? Crow's been bad all year. If he put a whole season together, he would be my favorite player.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Red zone execution and maybe calls leave a lot to be desired.

  • Maybe because you're basing it on one catch? Crow's been bad all year. If he put a whole season together, he would be my favorite player.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @wargograw said:

    Maybe because you're basing it on one catch? Crow's been bad all year. If he put a whole season together, he would be my favorite player.

    Crow averaged 4.1 a carry with 8 TDs last season behind the line that kept Manziel from being Montana. O line play has been poor this year but my original point is the organization seems to talk about Johnson as if he is Tomlinson and while I like his pass catching and speed in space he doesn't seem like that 5'9 210 frame will hold up.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    The more and more I watch this team I think the problem is all in scheme and play-calling. Blitzes never get to the QB, plays are scripted on offense. That TD Rivers just threw was common fucking sense based on an obvious scheme.

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #36

    our d is trash, but that was a nice sack

  • @wargograw said:

    Maybe because you're basing it on one catch? Crow's been bad all year. If he put a whole season together, he would be my favorite player.

    Crow averaged 4.1 a carry with 8 TDs last season behind the line that kept Manziel from being Montana. O line play has been poor this year but my original point is the organization seems to talk about Johnson as if he is Tomlinson and while I like his pass catching and speed in space he doesn't seem like that 5'9 210 frame will hold up.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @baconhound said:

    Crow averaged 4.1 a carry with 8 TDs last season behind the line that kept Manziel from being Montana. O line play has been poor this year but my original point is the organization seems to talk about Johnson as if he is Tomlinson and while I like his pass catching and speed in space he doesn't seem like that 5'9 210 frame will hold up.

    Ok last year is last year. I don't think anyone here was displeased with Isaiah last year. And certainly no one has called DJ the next LT.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #38

    OLine play has NOT been terrible - go read all of Tour's threads. Schwartz is a top 10, arguably top5 RT in the league. Lowest graded OL has actually been Mack.

    The problem is the overall scheme and the playcalling.. ZBS is just not as usable as it was in the past.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    They're actually showing this game on channel 10 in Tampa! I am actually watching the game! Our defense looks better.but field goals in the red zone won't cut it against Rivers.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    I'm 100% convinced I could a pen in my dog's mouth and call a better defensive scheme than O'Neill. Defense should be ABSOLUTELY embarrassed. The Chargers literally have two healthy WR's and three rookie OL and we get this garbage.

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #41

    This is garbage.

  • B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    15 years later and the browns still can't defend screen passes and short crossing routes... Should be a prerequisite to a coaching position...

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Wow! That was too easy! Everyone on the line and nobody looking for the pass? Time is running out they better do something down by 8.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    McCown has thrown for 315 yards and they have 19 points?