Skip to content

Thursday Night Football

The Browns Board
37 20 1.6k
  • Well to be fair they set the schedule back in April.

    But it's the same teams all the time.

    Steelers

    Ravens

    Cowboys

    Patriots

    Broncos (seriously, all the time with them)

    Who am I missing?

  • what a dick post.

    @miktoxic said:

    what a dick post.

    I second that.

    Sublowmi.

    WSS

  • There's no reason for us Browns fans to not like Hoyer. I was hoping when he came in he would light it up, just because it's nice to see a Clevelander succeed and he didn't really wrong us in any way.

    He looked WAY better than Mallett anyway, except for the bad pick. I also caught him miss that wide open Deandre Hopkins on his signature overthrow.

    Mallett was throwing a temper tantrum because he got banged up and they wouldn't let him back in for the drive.

  • Yeah that game is gonna be a little different this year unless the heavenly choir of angels decides to step in on our behalf. That's gonna be one of our more ugly games this year.

  • Nothing wrong with liking Hoyer.

    But that pick in that situation simply cannot happen.

    Add in the reality that he's the worst possible teammate -- and you have a guy who is not a starter in the league, he's just a very capable backup. We know who he is.

  • Nothing wrong with liking Hoyer.

    But that pick in that situation simply cannot happen.

    Add in the reality that he's the worst possible teammate -- and you have a guy who is not a starter in the league, he's just a very capable backup. We know who he is.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Nothing wrong with liking Hoyer.

    But that pick in that situation simply cannot happen.

    Add in the reality that he's the worst possible teammate -- and you have a guy who is not a starter in the league, he's just a very capable backup. We know who he is.

    I don't know, I'd go out on a limb and say Mallet is a worse teammate.

    Did you see him pouting like a big bitch after he got pulled?

  • I'll use this thread to make a point that's been on my mind.

    Why don't they not have any prime time games week 1 then for the following 16 games, every team gets one TNF game, one SNF game, and one MNF game.

    If the NFL is so concerned about fairness, they should make this happen.

    @wargograw said:

    I'll use this thread to make a point that's been on my mind.

    Why don't they not have any prime time games week 1 then for the following 16 games, every team gets one TNF game, one SNF game, and one MNF game.

    If the NFL is so concerned about fairness, they should make this happen.

    I think the NFL is most concerned about ratings. JMO.

  • They just mentioned on TNF

    ...how on a Thursday last year Hoyer led us over the Bungles and it took us to 6-3...doesn't that seem like eons ago?? ugh.

    So much has changed in a year.

    @cvcanedy said:

    So much has changed in a year.

    Looks about the same to me.....this time last year we had only played one complete game, which was game 2 against the Saints....and our record was just one game better(due to a game that we played well for one half)....

    so, if not for that one half of good football in Tenn, I see us right were we were last year.......3 bad games....1 good game...

    @unsympathetic said:

    Nothing wrong with liking Hoyer.

    But that pick in that situation simply cannot happen.

    Add in the reality that he's the worst possible teammate --

    Mallett looked pretty pouty on the sidelines.....talk about mishandling a QB situation.....Obrien is creating a monster....

    Mallett and Hoyer....arms folded - scouling - not talking.....kind of reminds me of Hoyer and Johnny last year....

  • Why don't they not have any prime time games week 1 then for the following 16 games, every team gets one TNF game, one SNF game, and one MNF game.

    Can someone translate this to english?

  • The issue of relatively better or worse is focused on the incorrect issue --- Obrien isn't creating anything that wasn't already there. Neither one of them is a starter. Someone has to start, yes, but that doesn't make them a solution.

    Perhaps the Squeelers will give them a 7th for Mallett because he's better than QBDK at the backup position.. but neither of them are starters, regardless of their current contract.

  • Had he not been hurt, I think Savage would be Houston's starter now. He was the project QB/long-term hope on their current roster.

    I think Mallet was brought in to be the bridge (with possible starter upside) to Savage (or whomever) and Hoyer was to be "the veteran" backup.

    But Savage is hurt and O'Brien has made Pet's mishandling of our 2014 QBs look like genius.

    And as a bonus Romeo is trying to do the same for O'Neil...

  • I feel bad for Bill O'Brien. I honestly like the guy. He just can't win for losing with either of those QB's and his team makes stupid mistakes.

    Did you see him on the sideline when Kareem Jackson committed that absolutely dumb as fuck pass interference? Or when Hopkins threw the ball at the Colts defenders? He has a talented, immature team. He needs to let Watt slap the dogshit out of every single player out there.

  • I feel bad for Bill O'Brien. I honestly like the guy. He just can't win for losing with either of those QB's and his team makes stupid mistakes.

    Did you see him on the sideline when Kareem Jackson committed that absolutely dumb as fuck pass interference? Or when Hopkins threw the ball at the Colts defenders? He has a talented, immature team. He needs to let Watt slap the dogshit out of every single player out there.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I feel bad for Bill O'Brien. I honestly like the guy. He just can't win for losing with either of those QB's and his team makes stupid mistakes.

    Did you see him on the sideline when Kareem Jackson committed that absolutely dumb as fuck pass interference? Or when Hopkins threw the ball at the Colts defenders? He has a talented, immature team. He needs to let Watt slap the dogshit out of every single player out there.

    Yeah that was painful to watch when Hopkins threw the ball. Guys gonna get an ulcer.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Nothing wrong with liking Hoyer.

    But that pick in that situation simply cannot happen.

    Add in the reality that he's the worst possible teammate -- and you have a guy who is not a starter in the league, he's just a very capable backup. We know who he is.

    I don't know, I'd go out on a limb and say Mallet is a worse teammate.

    Did you see him pouting like a big bitch after he got pulled?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I don't know, I'd go out on a limb and say Mallet is a worse teammate.

    Did you see him pouting like a big bitch after he got pulled?

    My thoughts exactly. They kept showing him because he had such a bitchy attitude..

  • I'll use this thread to make a point that's been on my mind.

    Why don't they not have any prime time games week 1 then for the following 16 games, every team gets one TNF game, one SNF game, and one MNF game.

    If the NFL is so concerned about fairness, they should make this happen.

    @wargograw said:

    I'll use this thread to make a point that's been on my mind.

    Why don't they not have any prime time games week 1 then for the following 16 games, every team gets one TNF game, one SNF game, and one MNF game.

    If the NFL is so concerned about fairness, they should make this happen.

    Because it's all about RATINGS, not fairness. This is the Browns first Monday night game in years- because they've sucked in that time frame

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I don't know, I'd go out on a limb and say Mallet is a worse teammate.

    Did you see him pouting like a big bitch after he got pulled?

    My thoughts exactly. They kept showing him because he had such a bitchy attitude..

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    My thoughts exactly. They kept showing him because he had such a bitchy attitude..

    Mallett was playing a good game and just had to miss a couple plays because of an injury. I can't say I'd be a ray of sunshine if my coach pulled that on me either. You can play the "hot hand" at some positions but QB isn't one of them.

  • @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    My thoughts exactly. They kept showing him because he had such a bitchy attitude..

    Mallett was playing a good game and just had to miss a couple plays because of an injury. I can't say I'd be a ray of sunshine if my coach pulled that on me either. You can play the "hot hand" at some positions but QB isn't one of them.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Mallett was playing a good game and just had to miss a couple plays because of an injury. I can't say I'd be a ray of sunshine if my coach pulled that on me either. You can play the "hot hand" at some positions but QB isn't one of them.

    I thought he was scoreless with an interception until Hoyer came in and started dropping dimes.

  • @wargograw said:

    I'll use this thread to make a point that's been on my mind.

    Why don't they not have any prime time games week 1 then for the following 16 games, every team gets one TNF game, one SNF game, and one MNF game.

    If the NFL is so concerned about fairness, they should make this happen.

    Because it's all about RATINGS, not fairness. This is the Browns first Monday night game in years- because they've sucked in that time frame

    @hoorta said:

    Because it's all about RATINGS, not fairness. This is the Browns first Monday night game in years- because they've sucked in that time frame

    I get it. But there's plenty of money that the league loses for the sake of fairness in other aspects.

  • I'll use this thread to make a point that's been on my mind.

    Why don't they not have any prime time games week 1 then for the following 16 games, every team gets one TNF game, one SNF game, and one MNF game.

    If the NFL is so concerned about fairness, they should make this happen.

    @wargograw said:

    I'll use this thread to make a point that's been on my mind.

    Why don't they not have any prime time games week 1 then for the following 16 games, every team gets one TNF game, one SNF game, and one MNF game.

    If the NFL is so concerned about fairness, they should make this happen.

    They're not concerned with fairness, they're only concerned with a few "core" teams like Green Bay, NE, Pittsburgh, the NFC East and Denver. Just watch all the pregame shows, these are the teams that get all the air time.

    That being said, with the draft structure and salary cap, it shouldn't be hard to dig out of the doldrums and become a "core" team.

  • Fairness? This is a money making business. They don't give a flying fuck about fairness.