Skip to content

Broncos game

The Browns Board
166 34 4.3k
  • @browns52 said:

    i think mccown is doing the best he can given that we have no running game and a bad ol..i feel bad for the dude...he has his flaws but i think they are exacerbated by not having good enough players around him.. it's too bad...he's 36 and will be lucky to get out alive before this season is over..then there is johnny...what do we do there.Whoever drafted this guy whether it was the gm or the owner persuading the gm has really put this team in dire straits. Mccown is not the answer, we all know that. He'll be out of football quite soon at his age....tough sitiation in cleeeeeveeeetown...

    Our running game was the best it's been yesterday and the OL usually does pretty well in pass protection.

    Both interceptions were 100% McCown. Many sacks were 100% his fault too.

    @bbedward said:

    Our running game was the best it's been yesterday and the OL usually does pretty well in pass protection.

    Both interceptions were 100% McCown. Many sacks were 100% his fault too.

    Sometimes quarterbacks make mistakes. If you're expecting perfection from the QB position, especially against the #1 defense in the league, you're going to just be disappointed over and over again.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    We all get it-we have zero control of that product on the field and at the end of the day we are just fans. But Jesus Christ people stop accepting this at face value because it just isn't true. The conversation needs to focus on why this isn't happening..is it coaching, no franchise QB, an ancient curse that we need to sacrifice goats for to remove? I'm just tired of this narrative cause I'm 25 and I feel like I'm going to hear about "moral victories" until I'm dead.

    And what is the solution other than "accepting it"?? I guess you could buy the team and then you'd be in control. Or you could come here and bitch and moan and whine about it. Your choices are pretty simple...you can accept that it's just a game and you have no control over the outcome and hope for the best, or you can stop watching and stop spending your money. Bitching and moaning here isn't going to change the success or failures of the team.

    @mark-o said:

    Bitching and moaning here isn't going to change the success or failures of the team.

    Generational entitlement thinking. There is a whole group here who grew up at a time when everybody was a winner. Everybody gets to play. Everybody gets a trophy. There are no losers and kids should be shielded from anything bad.

    Now they are grown up and have no coping skills and feel entitled to win. Because it was always promised to them. And when they dont get what they want, crying whining and tantrums follow. Its pretty obvious.

  • @mark-o said:

    Bitching and moaning here isn't going to change the success or failures of the team.

    Generational entitlement thinking. There is a whole group here who grew up at a time when everybody was a winner. Everybody gets to play. Everybody gets a trophy. There are no losers and kids should be shielded from anything bad.

    Now they are grown up and have no coping skills and feel entitled to win. Because it was always promised to them. And when they dont get what they want, crying whining and tantrums follow. Its pretty obvious.

    @manzier said:

    Generational entitlement thinking. There is a whole group here who grew up at a time when everybody was a winner. Everybody gets to play. Everybody gets a trophy. There are no losers and kids should be shielded from anything bad.

    Now they are grown up and have no coping skills and feel entitled to win. Because it was always promised to them. And when they dont get what they want, crying whining and tantrums follow. Its pretty obvious.

    Could very well be. Hadn't really considered that but it's entirely possible. Being a fan of a team for many decades isn't easy. There are always going to be ups and downs. But, sticking by that team (in my opinion) does make the high points a whole lot higher.

  • @bbedward said:

    Our running game was the best it's been yesterday and the OL usually does pretty well in pass protection.

    Both interceptions were 100% McCown. Many sacks were 100% his fault too.

    Sometimes quarterbacks make mistakes. If you're expecting perfection from the QB position, especially against the #1 defense in the league, you're going to just be disappointed over and over again.

    @mark-o said:

    Sometimes quarterbacks make mistakes. If you're expecting perfection from the QB position, especially against the #1 defense in the league, you're going to just be disappointed over and over again.

    I don't, and I don't see any reason to believe Manziel would have been better - especially since he's been butter fingers.

    But many of the crucial mistakes were just dumb, it wasn't because the defense made a great play or anything.

  • @mark-o said:

    Bitching and moaning here isn't going to change the success or failures of the team.

    Generational entitlement thinking. There is a whole group here who grew up at a time when everybody was a winner. Everybody gets to play. Everybody gets a trophy. There are no losers and kids should be shielded from anything bad.

    Now they are grown up and have no coping skills and feel entitled to win. Because it was always promised to them. And when they dont get what they want, crying whining and tantrums follow. Its pretty obvious.

    @manzier said:

    Generational entitlement thinking. There is a whole group here who grew up at a time when everybody was a winner. Everybody gets to play. Everybody gets a trophy. There are no losers and kids should be shielded from anything bad.

    Now they are grown up and have no coping skills and feel entitled to win. Because it was always promised to them. And when they dont get what they want, crying whining and tantrums follow. Its pretty obvious.

    I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible, but seriously what in the literal fuck are you talking about? How does anything you just said correlate to expecting and wanting a team you root for to win, and not on a yearly basis for your entire existence on planet Earth be below average? Also, here's a little mind fuck for you: if you think the generation is this way, who raised them to have that attitude? Ding Ding Ding, your generation! The irony when I hear this statement is incredible.

    Look fellas, I understand the product we watch on Sunday is controlled without my input in the slightest. But having the outlook of "we played hard" is ridiculous and breeds a losing environment. In fact, what I'm saying is the opposite to what you wrote. Yeah, it might be "bitching and moaning" but how can you possibly have a positive attitude about it too? We all obviously love the Browns but there's gotta be a complete 180 to the whole process of the Browns organization.

    I love the loyalty fans have here, it's awesome in a sense. I will be a Browns fan until the day they plant me in the ground, and you'll always see me in my tattered Browns garb on Sundays (including a sweatshirt from my dad from 1981). But you bet your sweet ass I wouldn't spend $1 to buy a ticket right now or buy a $100+ jersey. I'm one person but that's how we can actually show we're unhappy. It sucks, I know it does but something has to change. You older guys have to realize I have literally seen one good year of Browns football (using playoffs as a metric here) since I've been on the Earth. How can I not have this feeling? Even though it was heartbreak city at least you guys likely saw some championship games and consistent winners.

  • @manzier said:

    Generational entitlement thinking. There is a whole group here who grew up at a time when everybody was a winner. Everybody gets to play. Everybody gets a trophy. There are no losers and kids should be shielded from anything bad.

    Now they are grown up and have no coping skills and feel entitled to win. Because it was always promised to them. And when they dont get what they want, crying whining and tantrums follow. Its pretty obvious.

    I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible, but seriously what in the literal fuck are you talking about? How does anything you just said correlate to expecting and wanting a team you root for to win, and not on a yearly basis for your entire existence on planet Earth be below average? Also, here's a little mind fuck for you: if you think the generation is this way, who raised them to have that attitude? Ding Ding Ding, your generation! The irony when I hear this statement is incredible.

    Look fellas, I understand the product we watch on Sunday is controlled without my input in the slightest. But having the outlook of "we played hard" is ridiculous and breeds a losing environment. In fact, what I'm saying is the opposite to what you wrote. Yeah, it might be "bitching and moaning" but how can you possibly have a positive attitude about it too? We all obviously love the Browns but there's gotta be a complete 180 to the whole process of the Browns organization.

    I love the loyalty fans have here, it's awesome in a sense. I will be a Browns fan until the day they plant me in the ground, and you'll always see me in my tattered Browns garb on Sundays (including a sweatshirt from my dad from 1981). But you bet your sweet ass I wouldn't spend $1 to buy a ticket right now or buy a $100+ jersey. I'm one person but that's how we can actually show we're unhappy. It sucks, I know it does but something has to change. You older guys have to realize I have literally seen one good year of Browns football (using playoffs as a metric here) since I've been on the Earth. How can I not have this feeling? Even though it was heartbreak city at least you guys likely saw some championship games and consistent winners.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Also, here's a little mind fuck for you: if you think the generation is this way, who raised them to have that attitude? Ding Ding Ding, your generation! The irony when I hear this statement is incredible.

    Yeah, it might be "bitching and moaning" but how can you possibly have a positive attitude about it too? How can I not have this feeling?

    I dont disagree about who created it. It not the cause that is the problem. Its the result. It is what it is. Hey we all have that bad feeling, Its not about being disappointed or feeling let down. Its about handling it like a mature adult, instead of a 5 year old. Thats all. And all the whining is like being in a room full of screaming babies. Annoying as fuck. Now carry on with the bitch fest because we all love reading it and you are in the lead.

  • @manzier said:

    Generational entitlement thinking. There is a whole group here who grew up at a time when everybody was a winner. Everybody gets to play. Everybody gets a trophy. There are no losers and kids should be shielded from anything bad.

    Now they are grown up and have no coping skills and feel entitled to win. Because it was always promised to them. And when they dont get what they want, crying whining and tantrums follow. Its pretty obvious.

    I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible, but seriously what in the literal fuck are you talking about? How does anything you just said correlate to expecting and wanting a team you root for to win, and not on a yearly basis for your entire existence on planet Earth be below average? Also, here's a little mind fuck for you: if you think the generation is this way, who raised them to have that attitude? Ding Ding Ding, your generation! The irony when I hear this statement is incredible.

    Look fellas, I understand the product we watch on Sunday is controlled without my input in the slightest. But having the outlook of "we played hard" is ridiculous and breeds a losing environment. In fact, what I'm saying is the opposite to what you wrote. Yeah, it might be "bitching and moaning" but how can you possibly have a positive attitude about it too? We all obviously love the Browns but there's gotta be a complete 180 to the whole process of the Browns organization.

    I love the loyalty fans have here, it's awesome in a sense. I will be a Browns fan until the day they plant me in the ground, and you'll always see me in my tattered Browns garb on Sundays (including a sweatshirt from my dad from 1981). But you bet your sweet ass I wouldn't spend $1 to buy a ticket right now or buy a $100+ jersey. I'm one person but that's how we can actually show we're unhappy. It sucks, I know it does but something has to change. You older guys have to realize I have literally seen one good year of Browns football (using playoffs as a metric here) since I've been on the Earth. How can I not have this feeling? Even though it was heartbreak city at least you guys likely saw some championship games and consistent winners.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible, but seriously what in the literal fuck are you talking about? How does anything you just said correlate to expecting and wanting a team you root for to win, and not on a yearly basis for your entire existence on planet Earth be below average? Also, here's a little mind fuck for you: if you think the generation is this way, who raised them to have that attitude? Ding Ding Ding, your generation! The irony when I hear this statement is incredible.

    Look fellas, I understand the product we watch on Sunday is controlled without my input in the slightest. But having the outlook of "we played hard" is ridiculous and breeds a losing environment. In fact, what I'm saying is the opposite to what you wrote. Yeah, it might be "bitching and moaning" but how can you possibly have a positive attitude about it too? We all obviously love the Browns but there's gotta be a complete 180 to the whole process of the Browns organization.

    I love the loyalty fans have here, it's awesome in a sense. I will be a Browns fan until the day they plant me in the ground, and you'll always see me in my tattered Browns garb on Sundays (including a sweatshirt from my dad from 1981). But you bet your sweet ass I wouldn't spend $1 to buy a ticket right now or buy a $100+ jersey. I'm one person but that's how we can actually show we're unhappy. It sucks, I know it does but something has to change. You older guys have to realize I have literally seen one good year of Browns football (using playoffs as a metric here) since I've been on the Earth. How can I not have this feeling? Even though it was heartbreak city at least you guys likely saw some championship games and consistent winners.

    Good post. I haven't been a fan for that long but I can certainly appreciate the frustration of so many losing seasons. 99% of people here just want the team to win, we all react differently when it doesn't happen.
  • I can have a positive attitude about it because that's how I choose to view things. I'm not going to let a football game affect my life. I want the team to win and I sit here and watch every game, planning my Sundays around Browns game but when its over, I move on and watch the other games.

    I choose to see the positives and that the team seems to be improving and we are still a few players away from being one of the good teams. Right now, we're an average team that plays hard and competes. I've seen enough blowouts in the last 16 years to be able to appreciate that at least the games are competitive.

    I understand some people are pissed after losses and thats their right....but the "fans" I have no patience for are the ones who come here posting to fire the coach at halftime of a game we would end up winning or the ones who come in here after a loss and say "I'm done"...or "im not watching anymore". But then they're right back here again next week. Jesus...grow the fuck up....

  • I can have a positive attitude about it because that's how I choose to view things. I'm not going to let a football game affect my life. I want the team to win and I sit here and watch every game, planning my Sundays around Browns game but when its over, I move on and watch the other games.

    I choose to see the positives and that the team seems to be improving and we are still a few players away from being one of the good teams. Right now, we're an average team that plays hard and competes. I've seen enough blowouts in the last 16 years to be able to appreciate that at least the games are competitive.

    I understand some people are pissed after losses and thats their right....but the "fans" I have no patience for are the ones who come here posting to fire the coach at halftime of a game we would end up winning or the ones who come in here after a loss and say "I'm done"...or "im not watching anymore". But then they're right back here again next week. Jesus...grow the fuck up....

    @mark-o said:

    I can have a positive attitude about it because that's how I choose to view things. I'm not going to let a football game affect my life. I want the team to win and I sit here and watch every game, planning my Sundays around Browns game but when its over, I move on and watch the other games.

    I choose to see the positives and that the team seems to be improving and we are still a few players away from being one of the good teams. Right now, we're an average team that plays hard and competes. I've seen enough blowouts in the last 16 years to be able to appreciate that at least the games are competitive.

    I understand some people are pissed after losses and thats their right....but the "fans" I have no patience for are the ones who come here posting to fire the coach at halftime of a game we would end up winning or the ones who come in here after a loss and say "I'm done"...or "im not watching anymore". But then they're right back here again next week. Jesus...grow the fuck up....

    Yeah, I respect all that and I disdain the people you describe at the end there too which to be fair will never be me. I try my hardest to view the positives but after a decade of a dedicated football fandom it's really, really hard to do that at least for me. I know the worst always comes before the best but damn. It's over though and it does make it easier to not dwell it on much past Monday morning.

    @manzier said:

    I dont disagree about who created it. It not the cause that is the problem. Its the result. It is what it is. Hey we all have that bad feeling, Its not about being disappointed or feeling let down. Its about handling it like a mature adult, instead of a 5 year old. Thats all. And all the whining is like being in a room full of screaming babies. Annoying as fuck. Now carry on with the bitch fest because we all love reading it and you are in the lead.

    I don't see how providing a critical, thought-out typed out response is acting like a 5 year old but hey..

  • @mark-o said:

    I can have a positive attitude about it because that's how I choose to view things. I'm not going to let a football game affect my life. I want the team to win and I sit here and watch every game, planning my Sundays around Browns game but when its over, I move on and watch the other games.

    I choose to see the positives and that the team seems to be improving and we are still a few players away from being one of the good teams. Right now, we're an average team that plays hard and competes. I've seen enough blowouts in the last 16 years to be able to appreciate that at least the games are competitive.

    I understand some people are pissed after losses and thats their right....but the "fans" I have no patience for are the ones who come here posting to fire the coach at halftime of a game we would end up winning or the ones who come in here after a loss and say "I'm done"...or "im not watching anymore". But then they're right back here again next week. Jesus...grow the fuck up....

    Yeah, I respect all that and I disdain the people you describe at the end there too which to be fair will never be me. I try my hardest to view the positives but after a decade of a dedicated football fandom it's really, really hard to do that at least for me. I know the worst always comes before the best but damn. It's over though and it does make it easier to not dwell it on much past Monday morning.

    @manzier said:

    I dont disagree about who created it. It not the cause that is the problem. Its the result. It is what it is. Hey we all have that bad feeling, Its not about being disappointed or feeling let down. Its about handling it like a mature adult, instead of a 5 year old. Thats all. And all the whining is like being in a room full of screaming babies. Annoying as fuck. Now carry on with the bitch fest because we all love reading it and you are in the lead.

    I don't see how providing a critical, thought-out typed out response is acting like a 5 year old but hey..

    @jrb12711 said:

    I don't see how providing a critical, thought-out typed out response is acting like a 5 year old but hey..

    There have been very very few of those in the last 20 hours since the game ended.

  • @mark-o said:

    I can have a positive attitude about it because that's how I choose to view things. I'm not going to let a football game affect my life. I want the team to win and I sit here and watch every game, planning my Sundays around Browns game but when its over, I move on and watch the other games.

    I choose to see the positives and that the team seems to be improving and we are still a few players away from being one of the good teams. Right now, we're an average team that plays hard and competes. I've seen enough blowouts in the last 16 years to be able to appreciate that at least the games are competitive.

    I understand some people are pissed after losses and thats their right....but the "fans" I have no patience for are the ones who come here posting to fire the coach at halftime of a game we would end up winning or the ones who come in here after a loss and say "I'm done"...or "im not watching anymore". But then they're right back here again next week. Jesus...grow the fuck up....

    Yeah, I respect all that and I disdain the people you describe at the end there too which to be fair will never be me. I try my hardest to view the positives but after a decade of a dedicated football fandom it's really, really hard to do that at least for me. I know the worst always comes before the best but damn. It's over though and it does make it easier to not dwell it on much past Monday morning.

    @manzier said:

    I dont disagree about who created it. It not the cause that is the problem. Its the result. It is what it is. Hey we all have that bad feeling, Its not about being disappointed or feeling let down. Its about handling it like a mature adult, instead of a 5 year old. Thats all. And all the whining is like being in a room full of screaming babies. Annoying as fuck. Now carry on with the bitch fest because we all love reading it and you are in the lead.

    I don't see how providing a critical, thought-out typed out response is acting like a 5 year old but hey..

    @jrb12711 said:

    I don't see how providing a critical, thought-out typed out response is acting like a 5 year old but hey..

    It was you who stepped up to the plate after my post. How about the possibility that I wasnt even talking about you? A whole decade of fandom? Must be rough. Id say you are entitled to a winning team now that you've put in all that time.

  • yeah the "fire pettine" guys are on my last nerve. As Browns fans how on earth can you be so myopic to not understand what firing another coach after a short stint will do to our franchise for years to come. HOW? If you really want to see a procession of d2 or d3 coaches that only come here to scrounge a couple wins so they can pad their resume to a D1 school, than by all means let's fire Pettine right now...why wait?

    Can't wait to see the vaunted 6-1-4 defense run with dime personnel that worked for some schmuck in some Northern Michigan HS and thinks boy no one will see this coming in the NFL.

    can't wait

  • I can have a positive attitude about it because that's how I choose to view things. I'm not going to let a football game affect my life. I want the team to win and I sit here and watch every game, planning my Sundays around Browns game but when its over, I move on and watch the other games.

    I choose to see the positives and that the team seems to be improving and we are still a few players away from being one of the good teams. Right now, we're an average team that plays hard and competes. I've seen enough blowouts in the last 16 years to be able to appreciate that at least the games are competitive.

    I understand some people are pissed after losses and thats their right....but the "fans" I have no patience for are the ones who come here posting to fire the coach at halftime of a game we would end up winning or the ones who come in here after a loss and say "I'm done"...or "im not watching anymore". But then they're right back here again next week. Jesus...grow the fuck up....

    @mark-o said:

    I'm not going to let a football game affect my life. I want the team to win and I sit here and watch every game, planning my Sundays around Browns game but when its over, I move on and watch the other games.

    Exactly how I spend my Sundays...... The Browns are at least competitive this season, and for the most part, the games have been exciting, but in the end we just aren't good enough.

    At least we haven't run that fake punt that the Colts ran............ If we ever do, I'll be starting an "I hate this team thread" before the tackle is completed.

  • @mark-o said:

    I'm not going to let a football game affect my life. I want the team to win and I sit here and watch every game, planning my Sundays around Browns game but when its over, I move on and watch the other games.

    Exactly how I spend my Sundays...... The Browns are at least competitive this season, and for the most part, the games have been exciting, but in the end we just aren't good enough.

    At least we haven't run that fake punt that the Colts ran............ If we ever do, I'll be starting an "I hate this team thread" before the tackle is completed.

    @d-bone said:

    Exactly how I spend my Sundays...... The Browns are at least competitive this season, and for the most part, the games have been exciting, but in the end we just aren't good enough.

    Which is why it was a surprisingly good day in the Tavern until it looked like the loss was inevitable and the haters and negative asswipes decided to show up at that point. But, good thing is, some of them will not be back. 🙂

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Like I posted in the other thread. Aaron Rodgers is struggling, bigtime.

    Guess they need to draft a qb?

    I don't think so. They are just missing a few key pieces of their offense.

    Same coach, same qb... now think about that.

    yeah but Aaron Rodgers is a super bowl winning proven QB. Is that on our team somewhere and I didn't realize it?

    @clevfan4life said:

    yeah but Aaron Rodgers is a super bowl winning proven QB. Is that on our team somewhere and I didn't realize it?

    no he's not on our team as well as the offensive and defensive skill positional players he had on the superbowl winning teams.

    like to know how many teams in this league have the same quandry?

    prob like 31.

  • @d-bone said:

    Exactly how I spend my Sundays...... The Browns are at least competitive this season, and for the most part, the games have been exciting, but in the end we just aren't good enough.

    Which is why it was a surprisingly good day in the Tavern until it looked like the loss was inevitable and the haters and negative asswipes decided to show up at that point. But, good thing is, some of them will not be back. 🙂

    @mark-o said:

    Which is why it was a surprisingly good day in the Tavern until it looked like the loss was inevitable and the haters and negative asswipes decided to show up at that point. But, good thing is, some of them will not be back. 🙂

    It was a good day yesterday. When the 2/3/4 morons came in, I happily left (after getting in a couple nice shots) jumped on my mountain bike, and had a great Sunday. A win would've been awesome, but I'm well past letting the Browns dictate how I feel after the final whistle blows.... I did that enough in the 80's to last a lifetime. I took those two horrific losses with me for months........ Never again.

    I'll be in NorCal visiting my daughter at her college next week, so I won't be in the Tavern........ Have a good game, and boot out those crybabies early and often!

  • @manzier said:

    Generational entitlement thinking. There is a whole group here who grew up at a time when everybody was a winner. Everybody gets to play. Everybody gets a trophy. There are no losers and kids should be shielded from anything bad.

    Now they are grown up and have no coping skills and feel entitled to win. Because it was always promised to them. And when they dont get what they want, crying whining and tantrums follow. Its pretty obvious.

    Could very well be. Hadn't really considered that but it's entirely possible. Being a fan of a team for many decades isn't easy. There are always going to be ups and downs. But, sticking by that team (in my opinion) does make the high points a whole lot higher.

    @mark-o said:

    Could very well be. Hadn't really considered that but it's entirely possible. Being a fan of a team for many decades isn't easy. There are always going to be ups and downs. But, sticking by that team (in my opinion) does make the high points a whole lot higher.

    And we had high points when? 1985-1989?

  • @mark-o said:

    Could very well be. Hadn't really considered that but it's entirely possible. Being a fan of a team for many decades isn't easy. There are always going to be ups and downs. But, sticking by that team (in my opinion) does make the high points a whole lot higher.

    And we had high points when? 1985-1989?

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    And we had high points when? 1985-1989?

    The Tennessee game was a high point this year for me because I was there and saw a win. Beating the Bengals on TNF last season was a high point. So were the wins over Cincy and Buffalo in 2013, probably again because I was there for both games. 2007 was fun (after the opener). The year we made the playoffs was fun until we gagged the Steelers game.

    All depends on your definition of "high points" I suppose.

  • fwiw. I thought it was a great game. Fun to watch. Lots of excitement. Which is the reason I watch. I like football. Just hated the ending. The rest of my day? It was awesome.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    And we had high points when? 1985-1989?

    The Tennessee game was a high point this year for me because I was there and saw a win. Beating the Bengals on TNF last season was a high point. So were the wins over Cincy and Buffalo in 2013, probably again because I was there for both games. 2007 was fun (after the opener). The year we made the playoffs was fun until we gagged the Steelers game.

    All depends on your definition of "high points" I suppose.

    @mark-o said:

    The Tennessee game was a high point this year for me because I was there and saw a win. Beating the Bengals on TNF last season was a high point. So were the wins over Cincy and Buffalo in 2013, probably again because I was there for both games. 2007 was fun (after the opener). The year we made the playoffs was fun until we gagged the Steelers game.

    All depends on your definition of "high points" I suppose.

    Don't forget beating the defending SB champion Giants & Saints.