Skip to content

Broncos game

The Browns Board
166 34 4.3k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Add that Offensive has been our unexpected strength despite issues in the middle of our O-line and besides a red zone target, where is the need? QB? Maybe, but not a settled question yet. And even if it was, who is the answer?

    Hopefully Gordon stays clean and becomes a reliable big target next year.

    We used to be talking about Mack's replacement assuming he'd be opting out, but given his performance it seems like him opting out may be less likely.

    @bbedward said:

    Hopefully Gordon stays clean and becomes a reliable big target next year.

    We used to be talking about Mack's replacement assuming he'd be opting out, but given his performance it seems like him opting out may be less likely.

    lol... even I wasn't going to bring up Gordon... but when he was right we also skipped the whole red zone thing more than a couple times.

    Mack... yeah... painful route to retaining him perhaps, but can hope two-years after he returns to form.

  • @hoorta said:

    Like dead last in run defense isn't an embarrassment. As it stands, the defense is a train wreck. Have only played one decent game this year- and that was against the Titans.

    This is addressed to Mik- the Natives are getting tired of "moral Victories".

    Inquiring minds want to know why getting rid of guys like TJ Ward, D'quell Jackson, Jaball Sheard, Buster Skrine, and 1\2the defensive line improved things.

    Jackson? Seriously? How many plays did that guy make? I watched the whole game last night and he was same out of position dude that he always was in Cleveland. Skrine I think was a money decision. He got paid more than the Browns were willing to give him. I thought he improved last year after being pretty much a train wreck the previous season. Sheard I liked but seemed to get hurt a lot.

    @mark-o said:

    Jackson? Seriously? How many plays did that guy make? I watched the whole game last night and he was same out of position dude that he always was in Cleveland. Skrine I think was a money decision. He got paid more than the Browns were willing to give him. I thought he improved last year after being pretty much a train wreck the previous season. Sheard I liked but seemed to get hurt a lot.

    dqwell has 41 total sacks up to this point. Dansby has 23. Almost doubling him.

  • This is dqwells 2nd year in Indy, some of you guys said he was finished last year.

  • @mark-o said:

    Jackson? Seriously? How many plays did that guy make? I watched the whole game last night and he was same out of position dude that he always was in Cleveland. Skrine I think was a money decision. He got paid more than the Browns were willing to give him. I thought he improved last year after being pretty much a train wreck the previous season. Sheard I liked but seemed to get hurt a lot.

    dqwell has 41 total sacks up to this point. Dansby has 23. Almost doubling him.

    @clevfan4life said:

    dqwell has 41 total sacks up to this point. Dansby has 23. Almost doubling him.

    I'm assuming you mean tackles because 41 sacks through 6 games would have destroyed the single season sack total by 20 with 10 games to play. Dqwell always had a lot of tackles...how many of them are 8 yards downfield?

  • @mark-o said:

    Jackson? Seriously? How many plays did that guy make? I watched the whole game last night and he was same out of position dude that he always was in Cleveland. Skrine I think was a money decision. He got paid more than the Browns were willing to give him. I thought he improved last year after being pretty much a train wreck the previous season. Sheard I liked but seemed to get hurt a lot.

    dqwell has 41 total sacks up to this point. Dansby has 23. Almost doubling him.

    @clevfan4life said:

    dqwell has 41 total sacks up to this point. Dansby has 23. Almost doubling him.

    Thats not a good stat. ....Dansby is miles ahead of Jackson in every single career stat...including sacks..

    DQ has only 15 sacks in his entire career and Dansby is the one that has 41. Dansby has 18 ints and 5 TD to DQ's 8 &1. Dansby also has 300 more tackles and more forced fumbles and more recovered fumbles too. Tackles for loss? Dansby has 76 for -149 yds.....DQ has 32 for -69 yds....

    So, definitely the right move to dump Jackson for Dansby.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    dqwell has 41 total sacks up to this point. Dansby has 23. Almost doubling him.

    I'm assuming you mean tackles because 41 sacks through 6 games would have destroyed the single season sack total by 20 with 10 games to play. Dqwell always had a lot of tackles...how many of them are 8 yards downfield?

    @mark-o said:

    I'm assuming you mean tackles because 41 sacks through 6 games would have destroyed the single season sack total by 20 with 10 games to play. Dqwell always had a lot of tackles...how many of them are 8 yards downfield?

    OK, Dansby is an upgrade- but we're still not getting it done on rush defense. Dead last in total rush yards, and only San Diego is giving up more YPC- 5.4 to the Browns 5.0- yeah, we're pretty average in pass defense, because teams know they can run at will on us.

    Need I mention Manning was barely touched the entire game? Another area that was supposed to be addressed in the off season that is woefully lacking to date.

    Something is terribly wrong- and it needs to be fixed fast.

    & I'd still like to know what Farmer was thinking when he brought in a useless to date Dwayne Bowe. If DB is here just to collect a paycheck- he's doing a great job of it. I'll give Pettine credit for this much- if you're the best player- you're going to get the playing time.

  • I'll take a shot, h...

    1. Dansby may be no better of a tackler than DQ when he has a blocker in his lap.

    2. Could be Bowe still works out great, but doesn't exactly have the fire to play.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    dqwell has 41 total sacks up to this point. Dansby has 23. Almost doubling him.

    I'm assuming you mean tackles because 41 sacks through 6 games would have destroyed the single season sack total by 20 with 10 games to play. Dqwell always had a lot of tackles...how many of them are 8 yards downfield?

    @mark-o said:

    I'm assuming you mean tackles because 41 sacks through 6 games would have destroyed the single season sack total by 20 with 10 games to play. Dqwell always had a lot of tackles...how many of them are 8 yards downfield?

    lmfao, yeah I meant tackles. Holy shit that would be a ridiculous stat through 6 games. Derp

  • @clevfan4life said:

    dqwell has 41 total sacks up to this point. Dansby has 23. Almost doubling him.

    Thats not a good stat. ....Dansby is miles ahead of Jackson in every single career stat...including sacks..

    DQ has only 15 sacks in his entire career and Dansby is the one that has 41. Dansby has 18 ints and 5 TD to DQ's 8 &1. Dansby also has 300 more tackles and more forced fumbles and more recovered fumbles too. Tackles for loss? Dansby has 76 for -149 yds.....DQ has 32 for -69 yds....

    So, definitely the right move to dump Jackson for Dansby.

    @mudfly said:

    Thats not a good stat. ....Dansby is miles ahead of Jackson in every single career stat...including sacks..

    DQ has only 15 sacks in his entire career and Dansby is the one that has 41. Dansby has 18 ints and 5 TD to DQ's 8 &1. Dansby also has 300 more tackles and more forced fumbles and more recovered fumbles too. Tackles for loss? Dansby has 76 for -149 yds.....DQ has 32 for -69 yds....

    So, definitely the right move to dump Jackson for Dansby.

    you're talking career right? cause hasn't DQ outplayed Dansby for the last two years? And by quite substantial margins?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    dqwell has 41 total sacks up to this point. Dansby has 23. Almost doubling him.

    I'm assuming you mean tackles because 41 sacks through 6 games would have destroyed the single season sack total by 20 with 10 games to play. Dqwell always had a lot of tackles...how many of them are 8 yards downfield?

    @mark-o said:

    . Dqwell always had a lot of tackles...how many of them are 8 yards downfield?

    At this point i'd take that. Dansby doesn't look like he's making tackles anywhere. I mean Dansby is getting washed out of every single gap right before the runner comes through. I don't get it, even avg LB'ers find the right gaps more than 1 or 2 times a game. It would be one thing if Dansby found the right gaps but not making the tackles, but not finding the runner as many times as he does is disturbing. That's what middle linebackers do since HS. We don't have anybody that sniffs the run. Fuck Teo was meeting our RB's on our side of the ball even if he didn't always make the tackle.....that's called instinctively diagnosing the play and acting on it.