Skip to content

The Final Solution?

The Browns Board
89 26 3.2k
  • Being how I hate running QBs this'll get me razzed big time, but one QB I like is Dak Prescott.

    Loved his guts and his size the last couple years, but not much else. This year the twice I've seen him, it looks like:

    - his mechanics are vastly improved;

    - his running is down; and

    - he's taking much better care of the ball... yet to throw an INT this season.

    Comparisons are dangerous, but he has the look of a bigger Russell Wilson.

    There is another QB that impressed me one game I happened upon, but I'll be damned if I can remember who or where... Wasn't any of the "name" QBs...

    ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @tour2ma said:

    There is another QB that impressed me one game I happened upon, but I'll be damned if I can remember who or where... Wasn't any of the "name" QBs...

    Thats the one I like to. Cant remember why or what he did. But damn he was good! πŸ˜‰

  • @tour2ma said:

    There is another QB that impressed me one game I happened upon, but I'll be damned if I can remember who or where... Wasn't any of the "name" QBs...

    Thats the one I like to. Cant remember why or what he did. But damn he was good! πŸ˜‰

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @manzier said:

    Thats the one I like to. Cant remember why or what he did. But damn he was good! πŸ˜‰

    LOL

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Commercial Break while Tour loses his mind πŸ˜‰

  • His running skills have been non existant. His decision making looks poor and his reads have likewise been poor. He's got great arm strength but looks pretty average otherwise. Third round sounds like a good place for him.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    His running skills have been non existant. His decision making looks poor and his reads have likewise been poor. He's got great arm strength but looks pretty average otherwise. Third round sounds like a good place for him.

    He reminds Me of JaMarcus Russell

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Ok were back and we will stick with "Can't remember why or what he did. But damn he was good." He sounds perfect for this Board & Browns.. We shall name him Savor!!

  • @mudfly said:

    yep....Im thinking later rounds too(4th-5th-etc).....even the 3rd sounds way too early for me......

    Too many immediate needs to waste a 3rd or higher on Cardale, but that's just my opinion.

    Mike

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @canton-mike said:

    Too many immediate needs to waste a 3rd or higher on Cardale, but that's just my opinion.

    Mike

    What's two positions we need more than a franchise quarterback?

  • ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #34

    "Dane Brugler, an NFL Draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said that thoughts of Jones losing NFL money this year are overblown, because in the eyes of the NFL, Jones is simply the same player he was at the end of last year.

    "I think he looks like the exact same player, and I think that's what NFL scouts see on tape as well -- a player who's still very raw," Brugler told Northeast Ohio Media Group on Tuesday night. "The physical traits are outstanding, but from a maturity standpoint as a passer, he's just still very unpolished and he's not really progressing at the rate you would want to see.""

    Looks like most NFL scouts haven't given up on Cardilly

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    His running skills have been non existant. His decision making looks poor and his reads have likewise been poor. He's got great arm strength but looks pretty average otherwise. Third round sounds like a good place for him.

    He reminds Me of JaMarcus Russell

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @nickers said:

    He reminds Me of JaMarcus Russell

    Save for being legally Retarded, like Russell.

  • @canton-mike said:

    Too many immediate needs to waste a 3rd or higher on Cardale, but that's just my opinion.

    Mike

    What's two positions we need more than a franchise quarterback?

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
    #36

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    What's two positions we need more than a franchise quarterback?

    Cardale is a long way from being a franchise QB

  • "Dane Brugler, an NFL Draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said that thoughts of Jones losing NFL money this year are overblown, because in the eyes of the NFL, Jones is simply the same player he was at the end of last year.

    "I think he looks like the exact same player, and I think that's what NFL scouts see on tape as well -- a player who's still very raw," Brugler told Northeast Ohio Media Group on Tuesday night. "The physical traits are outstanding, but from a maturity standpoint as a passer, he's just still very unpolished and he's not really progressing at the rate you would want to see.""

    Looks like most NFL scouts haven't given up on Cardilly

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @columbusking said:

    "Dane Brugler, an NFL Draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said that thoughts of Jones losing NFL money this year are overblown, because in the eyes of the NFL, Jones is simply the same player he was at the end of last year.

    "I think he looks like the exact same player, and I think that's what NFL scouts see on tape as well -- a player who's still very raw," Brugler told Northeast Ohio Media Group on Tuesday night. "The physical traits are outstanding, but from a maturity standpoint as a passer, he's just still very unpolished and he's not really progressing at the rate you would want to see.""

    Looks like most NFL scouts haven't given up on Cardilly

    Spoken like your true Avitar..

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    What's two positions we need more than a franchise quarterback?

    Cardale is a long way from being a franchise QB

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @canton-mike said:

    Cardale is a long way from being a franchise QB

    What's two positions we need more than a franchise qb?

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Hackenberg is terrible. He was graded the worst QB in D1 last year by PFF. The absolute worst. The hype is based on his recruiting ranking, size, starting as a true fish, and playing in a pro system. That's about it. Hell even I got sucked into it.

    Tour, I'm no QB scout but I don't see any sort of Russell Wilson with Prescott at all.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    What's two positions we need more than a franchise quarterback?

    Cardale is a long way from being a franchise QB

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @canton-mike said:

    Cardale is a long way from being a franchise QB

    and alot closer to being a Retard.....IMO.

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Two guys Im keeping an eye on are Paxton Lynch from Memphis and Carson Wentz from North Dakota St.

  • "Dane Brugler, an NFL Draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said that thoughts of Jones losing NFL money this year are overblown, because in the eyes of the NFL, Jones is simply the same player he was at the end of last year.

    "I think he looks like the exact same player, and I think that's what NFL scouts see on tape as well -- a player who's still very raw," Brugler told Northeast Ohio Media Group on Tuesday night. "The physical traits are outstanding, but from a maturity standpoint as a passer, he's just still very unpolished and he's not really progressing at the rate you would want to see.""

    Looks like most NFL scouts haven't given up on Cardilly

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @columbusking said:

    "Dane Brugler, an NFL Draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said that thoughts of Jones losing NFL money this year are overblown, because in the eyes of the NFL, Jones is simply the same player he was at the end of last year.

    "I think he looks like the exact same player, and I think that's what NFL scouts see on tape as well -- a player who's still very raw," Brugler told Northeast Ohio Media Group on Tuesday night. "The physical traits are outstanding, but from a maturity standpoint as a passer, he's just still very unpolished and he's not really progressing at the rate you would want to see.""

    Looks like most NFL scouts haven't given up on Cardilly

    That's what you got from that? I don't know about others but it reads to me like "he wasn't really good last year, and hasn't really progressed this year"

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Kevin Hogan please

  • @columbusking said:

    "Dane Brugler, an NFL Draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said that thoughts of Jones losing NFL money this year are overblown, because in the eyes of the NFL, Jones is simply the same player he was at the end of last year.

    "I think he looks like the exact same player, and I think that's what NFL scouts see on tape as well -- a player who's still very raw," Brugler told Northeast Ohio Media Group on Tuesday night. "The physical traits are outstanding, but from a maturity standpoint as a passer, he's just still very unpolished and he's not really progressing at the rate you would want to see.""

    Looks like most NFL scouts haven't given up on Cardilly

    That's what you got from that? I don't know about others but it reads to me like "he wasn't really good last year, and hasn't really progressed this year"

    ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @gftchris said:

    That's what you got from that? I don't know about others but it reads to me like "he wasn't really good last year, and hasn't really progressed this year"

    Well further into the article it says last year Cardale was the 3rd best QB in the draft, which means he would have been taken in the 3rd Round, This year the same scout says Cardale is still the 4th best QB in the upcoming draft.

  • @gftchris said:

    That's what you got from that? I don't know about others but it reads to me like "he wasn't really good last year, and hasn't really progressed this year"

    Well further into the article it says last year Cardale was the 3rd best QB in the draft, which means he would have been taken in the 3rd Round, This year the same scout says Cardale is still the 4th best QB in the upcoming draft.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @columbusking said:

    Well further into the article it says last year Cardale was the 3rd best QB in the draft, which means he would have been taken in the 3rd Round,

    Really?......1 QB per round?.....I think most years the top 3 QB's are gonna easily be gone in the first......

  • @columbusking said:

    Well further into the article it says last year Cardale was the 3rd best QB in the draft, which means he would have been taken in the 3rd Round,

    Really?......1 QB per round?.....I think most years the top 3 QB's are gonna easily be gone in the first......

    ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @mudfly said:

    Really?......1 QB per round?.....I think most years the top 3 QB's are gonna easily be gone in the first......

    Just look at last years draft, the 3rd QB taken was taken in the 3rd Round. MOST years the top 3 QBs are taken quicker but we are talking about LAST YEAR not most years.

  • @mudfly said:

    Really?......1 QB per round?.....I think most years the top 3 QB's are gonna easily be gone in the first......

    Just look at last years draft, the 3rd QB taken was taken in the 3rd Round. MOST years the top 3 QBs are taken quicker but we are talking about LAST YEAR not most years.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @columbusking said:

    Just look at last years draft, the 3rd QB taken was taken in the 3rd Round. MOST years the top 3 QBs are taken quicker but we are talking about LAST YEAR not most years.

    Gotcha.....didnt read it that way, but can see it now....πŸ˜‰