The Final Solution?
-
Hackenberg is terrible. He was graded the worst QB in D1 last year by PFF. The absolute worst. The hype is based on his recruiting ranking, size, starting as a true fish, and playing in a pro system. That's about it. Hell even I got sucked into it.
Tour, I'm no QB scout but I don't see any sort of Russell Wilson with Prescott at all.
-
What's two positions we need more than a franchise quarterback?
Cardale is a long way from being a franchise QB
Cardale is a long way from being a franchise QB
and alot closer to being a Retard.....IMO.
-
"Dane Brugler, an NFL Draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said that thoughts of Jones losing NFL money this year are overblown, because in the eyes of the NFL, Jones is simply the same player he was at the end of last year.
"I think he looks like the exact same player, and I think that's what NFL scouts see on tape as well -- a player who's still very raw," Brugler told Northeast Ohio Media Group on Tuesday night. "The physical traits are outstanding, but from a maturity standpoint as a passer, he's just still very unpolished and he's not really progressing at the rate you would want to see.""
Looks like most NFL scouts haven't given up on Cardilly
"Dane Brugler, an NFL Draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said that thoughts of Jones losing NFL money this year are overblown, because in the eyes of the NFL, Jones is simply the same player he was at the end of last year.
"I think he looks like the exact same player, and I think that's what NFL scouts see on tape as well -- a player who's still very raw," Brugler told Northeast Ohio Media Group on Tuesday night. "The physical traits are outstanding, but from a maturity standpoint as a passer, he's just still very unpolished and he's not really progressing at the rate you would want to see.""
Looks like most NFL scouts haven't given up on Cardilly
That's what you got from that? I don't know about others but it reads to me like "he wasn't really good last year, and hasn't really progressed this year"
-
"Dane Brugler, an NFL Draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said that thoughts of Jones losing NFL money this year are overblown, because in the eyes of the NFL, Jones is simply the same player he was at the end of last year.
"I think he looks like the exact same player, and I think that's what NFL scouts see on tape as well -- a player who's still very raw," Brugler told Northeast Ohio Media Group on Tuesday night. "The physical traits are outstanding, but from a maturity standpoint as a passer, he's just still very unpolished and he's not really progressing at the rate you would want to see.""
Looks like most NFL scouts haven't given up on Cardilly
That's what you got from that? I don't know about others but it reads to me like "he wasn't really good last year, and hasn't really progressed this year"
That's what you got from that? I don't know about others but it reads to me like "he wasn't really good last year, and hasn't really progressed this year"
Well further into the article it says last year Cardale was the 3rd best QB in the draft, which means he would have been taken in the 3rd Round, This year the same scout says Cardale is still the 4th best QB in the upcoming draft.
-
That's what you got from that? I don't know about others but it reads to me like "he wasn't really good last year, and hasn't really progressed this year"
Well further into the article it says last year Cardale was the 3rd best QB in the draft, which means he would have been taken in the 3rd Round, This year the same scout says Cardale is still the 4th best QB in the upcoming draft.
Well further into the article it says last year Cardale was the 3rd best QB in the draft, which means he would have been taken in the 3rd Round,
Really?......1 QB per round?.....I think most years the top 3 QB's are gonna easily be gone in the first......
-
Well further into the article it says last year Cardale was the 3rd best QB in the draft, which means he would have been taken in the 3rd Round,
Really?......1 QB per round?.....I think most years the top 3 QB's are gonna easily be gone in the first......
-
Just look at last years draft, the 3rd QB taken was taken in the 3rd Round. MOST years the top 3 QBs are taken quicker but we are talking about LAST YEAR not most years.
Gotcha.....didnt read it that way, but can see it now....

-
Being how I hate running QBs this'll get me razzed big time, but one QB I like is Dak Prescott.
Loved his guts and his size the last couple years, but not much else. This year the twice I've seen him, it looks like:
- his mechanics are vastly improved;
- his running is down; and
- he's taking much better care of the ball... yet to throw an INT this season.
Comparisons are dangerous, but he has the look of a bigger Russell Wilson.
There is another QB that impressed me one game I happened upon, but I'll be damned if I can remember who or where... Wasn't any of the "name" QBs...
Being how I hate running QBs this'll get me razzed big time, but one QB I like is Dak Prescott.
Loved his guts and his size the last couple years, but not much else. This year the twice I've seen him, it looks like:
- his mechanics are vastly improved;
- his running is down; and
- he's taking much better care of the ball... yet to throw an INT this season.
Comparisons are dangerous, but he has the look of a bigger Russell Wilson.
There is another QB that impressed me one game I happened upon, but I'll be damned if I can remember who or where... Wasn't any of the "name" QBs...
How about Lynch? is it from Memphis St. Has them undefeated. A lot a people are looking at him.
-
Too many immediate needs to waste a 3rd or higher on Cardale, but that's just my opinion.
Mike
What's two positions we need more than a franchise quarterback?
What's two positions we need more than a franchise quarterback?
We need a nasty OLB who scares the offense. I'd pick an Eric Turner type as well and just keep going with McCown at QB for another year.
-
What's two positions we need more than a franchise quarterback?
We need a nasty OLB who scares the offense. I'd pick an Eric Turner type as well and just keep going with McCown at QB for another year.
We need a nasty OLB who scares the offense. I'd pick an Eric Turner type as well and just keep going with McCown at QB for another year.
Turner was a Strong Safety I believe. How do you judge if someone is "nasty"......unless they have like the names of Butkus or Tatum or Lott or Nitschke on their back.
-
We need a nasty OLB who scares the offense. I'd pick an Eric Turner type as well and just keep going with McCown at QB for another year.
Turner was a Strong Safety I believe. How do you judge if someone is "nasty"......unless they have like the names of Butkus or Tatum or Lott or Nitschke on their back.
Turner was a Strong Safety I believe. How do you judge if someone is "nasty"......unless they have like the names of Butkus or Tatum or Lott or Nitschke on their back.
yes....LB and Safety are two positions I think are more of need than QB at this point. We need players in those 2 positions that scare the opposition offense. Guys that the QB comes to line and has to look to see where they are before they snap the ball.
-
Turner was a Strong Safety I believe. How do you judge if someone is "nasty"......unless they have like the names of Butkus or Tatum or Lott or Nitschke on their back.
yes....LB and Safety are two positions I think are more of need than QB at this point. We need players in those 2 positions that scare the opposition offense. Guys that the QB comes to line and has to look to see where they are before they snap the ball.
yes....LB and Safety are two positions I think are more of need than QB at this point. We need players in those 2 positions that scare the opposition offense. Guys that the QB comes to line and has to look to see where they are before they snap the ball.
That works fine for me.
Are you saying that none of our LBs and none of our Safeties have those attributes?
Of course, the rules prohibit a lot of the "nastiness" that used to be exhibited by LBs and Safeties. You have to think of that as a factor.
-
yes....LB and Safety are two positions I think are more of need than QB at this point. We need players in those 2 positions that scare the opposition offense. Guys that the QB comes to line and has to look to see where they are before they snap the ball.
That works fine for me.
Are you saying that none of our LBs and none of our Safeties have those attributes?
Of course, the rules prohibit a lot of the "nastiness" that used to be exhibited by LBs and Safeties. You have to think of that as a factor.
That works fine for me.
Are you saying that none of our LBs and none of our Safeties have those attributes?
Of course, the rules prohibit a lot of the "nastiness" that used to be exhibited by LBs and Safeties. You have to think of that as a factor.
I don't think they really do at this point.
-
Being how I hate running QBs this'll get me razzed big time, but one QB I like is Dak Prescott.
Loved his guts and his size the last couple years, but not much else. This year the twice I've seen him, it looks like:
- his mechanics are vastly improved;
- his running is down; and
- he's taking much better care of the ball... yet to throw an INT this season.
Comparisons are dangerous, but he has the look of a bigger Russell Wilson.
There is another QB that impressed me one game I happened upon, but I'll be damned if I can remember who or where... Wasn't any of the "name" QBs...
How about Lynch? is it from Memphis St. Has them undefeated. A lot a people are looking at him.
I think we're OK at Safety... and to a degree intimidating Safeties have been legislated out of the game.
OLB? No... we are not near where we need to be.
How about Lynch? is it from Memphis St. Has them undefeated. A lot a people are looking at him.
Haven't seen Memphis St. this year...
I knew at the time I should have written the name down.
-
The small school guy I like this year will be ... Brandon Doughty from Western Kentucky. His pre-draft stuff can make or break his draft stock, but right now he is on the rise.
The big school guy I like the most right now is Kevin Hogan from Stanford. I particularly like the fact that Stanford runs a pro-style system, which as we continue to see is rare but provides great benefits to a QB making the transition to the NFL.
Many of the early top guys, Hackenberg, Cook, Jones, Goff, Kessler, all seem overrated to me...
Right now, there is no sure-fire top QB. Actually, it's hard to even imagine any of these guys being top 10 worthy...
-
i;m not suggesting drafting a QB next year.....but i'm not a coach or a GM so wtf do i know?
pass rusher and big tall WR pleez.
-
i;m not suggesting drafting a QB next year.....but i'm not a coach or a GM so wtf do i know?
pass rusher and big tall WR pleez.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login