Skip to content

The Dirty Dozen

The Browns Board
48 22 1.5k
  • Bill Romanowski

    Brian Urlacher

    Mike Singletary

    James Harrison

    The Soldier said:

    Bill Romanowski

    Brian Urlacher

    Mike Singletary

    James Harrison

    While this thread title is "The Dirty Dozen" I was not actually thinking or hoping that we would not get "dirty" players....

    Urlacher and Singletary: OK.

    The other two may make a "Dirtiest player Dozen" list.

  • Gene "Big Daddy" Lipscomb...

    One QB told the story that if Lipscomb ever offered a hand to help you off the ground after he knocked you down, do not take it... he would try to crush your hand.

  • Bo Jackson???

  • The Soldier said:

    Bill Romanowski

    Brian Urlacher

    Mike Singletary

    James Harrison

    While this thread title is "The Dirty Dozen" I was not actually thinking or hoping that we would not get "dirty" players....

    Urlacher and Singletary: OK.

    The other two may make a "Dirtiest player Dozen" list.

    @the-gipper said:

    While this thread title is "The Dirty Dozen" I was not actually thinking or hoping that we would not get "dirty" players....

    Urlacher and Singletary: OK.

    The other two may make a "Dirtiest player Dozen" list.

    I agree, somewhat. Romanowski was dirty. Harrison's hits may be considered dirty today, however, they are no dirtier than the classics (in their time) on your list.

  • Here is my list of the "Dirty Dozen", i.e. the Top 12 Badasses in NFL History. No order:

    Chuck Bednarik

    Jim Brown

    Dick Butkus

    Mean Joe Greene

    Deacon Jones

    Jack Lambert

    Dick Night Train Lane

    Ray Lewis

    Ronnie Lott

    Ray Nitschke

    Jack Tatum

    Lawrence Taylor

    For a Baker's Dozen include perhaps: Randy White

    Any other nominees?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is my list of the "Dirty Dozen", i.e. the Top 12 Badasses in NFL History. No order:

    Chuck Bednarik

    Jim Brown

    Dick Butkus

    Mean Joe Greene

    Deacon Jones

    Jack Lambert

    Dick Night Train Lane

    Ray Lewis

    Ronnie Lott

    Ray Nitschke

    Jack Tatum

    Lawrence Taylor

    For a Baker's Dozen include perhaps: Randy White

    Any other nominees?

    Gino Marchetti.. Jim Otto.. And I'm trying to think of the one nuthead that played for the colts .. Art Donovan... Reggie White, too...

  • @the-gipper said:

    While this thread title is "The Dirty Dozen" I was not actually thinking or hoping that we would not get "dirty" players....

    Urlacher and Singletary: OK.

    The other two may make a "Dirtiest player Dozen" list.

    I agree, somewhat. Romanowski was dirty. Harrison's hits may be considered dirty today, however, they are no dirtier than the classics (in their time) on your list.

    The Soldier said:

    I agree, somewhat. Romanowski was dirty. Harrison's hits may be considered dirty today, however, they are no dirtier than the classics (in their time) on your list.

    Maybe, I don't know. I avoided putting on the likes of Ben Davidson and Conrad Dobler and Hines Ward because of their reputation as dirty.

    I also left off the likes of Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Bob Lilly and some others.....though I did put in Joe Greene, who was about equal to those in terms of play.....but with a dirtier reputation.

  • Walter Payton....probably the nicest badass ever...

    Browns havent had too many legit badasses, but for a short while Don Rogers fit the bill.....

  • Walter Payton....probably the nicest badass ever...

    Browns havent had too many legit badasses, but for a short while Don Rogers fit the bill.....

    @mudfly said:

    Walter Payton....probably the nicest badass ever...

    Browns havent had too many legit badasses, but for a short while Don Rogers fit the bill.....

    and Eric Turner

  • What players on our team do you think have what it takes to be on a championship team? I would say Joe Thomas but other than that IDK, Thoughts?

  • What players on our team do you think have what it takes to be on a championship team? I would say Joe Thomas but other than that IDK, Thoughts?

    @medicineman said:

    What players on our team do you think have what it takes to be on a championship team? I would say Joe Thomas but other than that IDK, Thoughts?

    Any of them could be on a championship team.

    Tramon Williams WAS on the 2010 Packers team that won the title.

    The thing that really matters is if the Browns can find a championship caliber QB.

    Give us Aaron Rodgers and I say here that ALL of the Browns on this roster have what it takes to be on a Championship team.

  • How about Jack Youngblood

  • Gene "Big Daddy" Lipscomb...

    One QB told the story that if Lipscomb ever offered a hand to help you off the ground after he knocked you down, do not take it... he would try to crush your hand.

    @tour2ma said:

    Gene "Big Daddy" Lipscomb...

    One QB told the story that if Lipscomb ever offered a hand to help you off the ground after he knocked you down, do not take it... he would try to crush your hand.

    Saw him play. Big Daddy was a giant back then & may be the ONLY player I ever saw take Jimmy Brown down one on one. He was an athletic freak, but sadly, had many demons & died while still a young man.

    Mike

  • Here is my list of the "Dirty Dozen", i.e. the Top 12 Badasses in NFL History. No order:

    Chuck Bednarik

    Jim Brown

    Dick Butkus

    Mean Joe Greene

    Deacon Jones

    Jack Lambert

    Dick Night Train Lane

    Ray Lewis

    Ronnie Lott

    Ray Nitschke

    Jack Tatum

    Lawrence Taylor

    For a Baker's Dozen include perhaps: Randy White

    Any other nominees?

    @the-gipper said:

    Any other nominees?

    Erik Williams

  • John Riggins

  • Conrad Dobler

  • Conrad Dobler

    @canton-dawg said:

    Conrad Dobler

    Belongs in the "Dirtiest Player" HOF. As he said- stick you hand in my face, you're gonna get bit.

    Modern Day- Whines Hard would be a lock. Never missed an opportunity to blast a defender when he wasn't looking.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here is my list of the "Dirty Dozen", i.e. the Top 12 Badasses in NFL History. No order:

    Any other nominees?

    I would say Mike Ditka, Kenny Easley, Earl Cambell, Mark Bavaro.

    @manzier said:

    I would say Mike Ditka, Kenny Easley, Earl Cambell, Mark Bavaro.

    Most of you are missing the point. Those were great players, but not badass. There is a distinction. As great as Earl Campbell was, he was still a gentleman.

    Jack Ham and Jack Lambert equally good and both HOF'ers. The only distinction between the two is that Ham was never regarded as a badass.

    CB Deon Sanders not a badass, Rod Woodson was.

  • Walter Payton....probably the nicest badass ever...

    Browns havent had too many legit badasses, but for a short while Don Rogers fit the bill.....

    @mudfly said:

    Walter Payton....probably the nicest badass ever...

    Browns havent had too many legit badasses, but for a short while Don Rogers fit the bill.....

    Um...Frank Minnifield and Handford Dixon? Both badass IMO.

  • Conrad Dobler

    @canton-dawg said:

    Conrad Dobler

    Perennial #1 on the dirty survey.

  • All Time Browns Dirty Dozen

    Drunk and winging it:

    Lou Groza

    Gene Hickerson

    Jim Brown

    Walter Johnson

    Jerry Sherk

    Doug Dieken

    Eddie Johnson

    Don Rogers

    Mike Baab

    Eric Turner

    Josh Cribbs

    Karlos Dansby