Skip to content

WEED

Political Discussion
241 25 6.2k
  • A couple of hundred years ago, people thought slavery was cool.

    And 100 years ago people thought alcohol should be illegal.

    Neither worked out so well

    @browns149 said:

    A couple of hundred years ago, people thought slavery was cool.

    And 100 years ago people thought alcohol should be illegal.

    Neither worked out so well

    So the slavery reference is just so far out no response is necessary. Did you actually smoke a few one hitters before your comparison to slavery??
  • @browns149 said:

    A couple of hundred years ago, people thought slavery was cool.

    And 100 years ago people thought alcohol should be illegal.

    Neither worked out so well

    So the slavery reference is just so far out no response is necessary. Did you actually smoke a few one hitters before your comparison to slavery??

    @jcam222 said:

    Neither of which are relevant to 99% of this discussion.

    Some people think slavery is relevant to every conversation.

    Alcohol probably is related, to be fair I love drinking and don't smoke weed but weed isn't more dangerous than alcohol.

    Both should be legal.

  • A couple of hundred years ago, people thought slavery was cool.

    And 100 years ago people thought alcohol should be illegal.

    Neither worked out so well

    @browns149 said:

    A couple of hundred years ago, people thought slavery was cool.

    And 100 years ago people thought alcohol should be illegal.

    Neither worked out so well

    The irony is that today the weed proponents are attacking alcohol to prop up their vice of choice.

    WSS

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I don't give a fuck if it becomes legal or not. I can't be swayed by sob stories or magical tales of super medicine pot. I smoked a lot of pot in my day I know what it does. And I know whether it's legal or not legal it's simple to procure.

    And...

    I'm tired of potheads talking down to everyone about how fuckin great pot is.

    This fucking right here, almost makes me not want it to be legal. Simply so I can laugh at those, whom... like the OP clown, are casual smokers that stand on the backs of people that carry the burden of disease that weed can help alleviate its effects of.

    You scream medical benefits for those in need yet most who want it legal just want to blaze; They suffer not from ailments, but it sure helps looking like they give a damn.

    @tiamat63 said:

    You scream medical benefits for those in need yet most who want it legal just want to blaze;

    More like they want their blazing to be legal... and it should be.

  • And here we go on this ride again...

  • other than pain relief - how exactly does pot cure cancer?

    (cancer treatment going out of business sounds like a cure is imminent)

    and the vote is tuesday right?

    @fairhooker11 said:

    other than pain relief - how exactly does pot cure cancer?

    (cancer treatment going out of business sounds like a cure is imminent)

    and the vote is tuesday right?

    I can tell you this- If a drug company really had a pill to cure cancer- it would be on the market tomorrow. Pfizer (viagra) and Lilly (cialis) have made BILLIONS on those pills- didya know the US retail on cialis is around $42 bucks a pill? do the math bucko.

    @browns149 said:

    A couple of hundred years ago, people thought slavery was cool.

    And 100 years ago people thought alcohol should be illegal.

    Neither worked out so well

    If the Medical Marijuana crowd says pot helps them by being stoned all day- go for it. Disclaimer- I have no problems with pot legalization. If you like the high it gives you- party on- I don't anymore. I would worry if your kid got a hold of a handful of pot gummies or decided those brownies were pretty tasty. The other issue I have is- (and I said it in PG's thread) it's not particularly hard to turn weed into some high octane hallucinogenic stuff.

    Hey- so really, why should we stop at pot? If you can grow weed plants- why can't I grow some cocoa plants, or maybe a few opium poppies? Mushroom cultivation. Psilocybin is really fun. Peyote? I'm pretty sure Jimi Hendrix wrote "Purple Haze" while he was on mescaline. Plenty of people are dying every day from heroin ODs- maybe if we just gave them access to the stuff- minus the fentanyl laced product- they'd still be alive.

  • Explain why pot should be illegal but alcohol legal... Go!

  • Explain why pot should be illegal but alcohol legal... Go!

    @mld-woody said:

    Explain why pot should be illegal but alcohol legal... Go!

    We are talking about issue 2 and issue 3 dimwit

    WSS

  • @fairhooker11 said:

    other than pain relief - how exactly does pot cure cancer?

    (cancer treatment going out of business sounds like a cure is imminent)

    and the vote is tuesday right?

    I can tell you this- If a drug company really had a pill to cure cancer- it would be on the market tomorrow. Pfizer (viagra) and Lilly (cialis) have made BILLIONS on those pills- didya know the US retail on cialis is around $42 bucks a pill? do the math bucko.

    @browns149 said:

    A couple of hundred years ago, people thought slavery was cool.

    And 100 years ago people thought alcohol should be illegal.

    Neither worked out so well

    If the Medical Marijuana crowd says pot helps them by being stoned all day- go for it. Disclaimer- I have no problems with pot legalization. If you like the high it gives you- party on- I don't anymore. I would worry if your kid got a hold of a handful of pot gummies or decided those brownies were pretty tasty. The other issue I have is- (and I said it in PG's thread) it's not particularly hard to turn weed into some high octane hallucinogenic stuff.

    Hey- so really, why should we stop at pot? If you can grow weed plants- why can't I grow some cocoa plants, or maybe a few opium poppies? Mushroom cultivation. Psilocybin is really fun. Peyote? I'm pretty sure Jimi Hendrix wrote "Purple Haze" while he was on mescaline. Plenty of people are dying every day from heroin ODs- maybe if we just gave them access to the stuff- minus the fentanyl laced product- they'd still be alive.

    @hoorta said:

    I can tell you this- If a drug company really had a pill to cure cancer- it would be on the market tomorrow. Pfizer (viagra) and Lilly (cialis) have made BILLIONS on those pills- didya know the US retail on cialis is around $42 bucks a pill? do the math bucko.

    no kidding? say.... do you think that if an affordable cancer cure came around, big pharma would squash it before it made it to market? pill or not? do tell Richie C

    If the Medical Marijuana crowd says pot helps them by being stoned all day- go for it. Disclaimer- I have no problems with pot legalization. If you like the high it gives you- party on- I don't anymore. I would worry if your kid got a hold of a handful of pot gummies or decided those brownies were pretty tasty. The other issue I have is- (and I said it in PG's thread) it's not particularly hard to turn weed into some high octane hallucinogenic stuff.

    Hey- so really, why should we stop at pot? If you can grow weed plants- why can't I grow some cocoa plants, or maybe a few opium poppies? Mushroom cultivation. Psilocybin is really fun. Peyote? I'm pretty sure Jimi Hendrix wrote "Purple Haze" while he was on mescaline. Plenty of people are dying every day from heroin ODs- maybe if we just gave them access to the stuff- minus the fentanyl laced product- they'd still be alive.

  • Explain why pot should be illegal but alcohol legal... Go!

    @mld-woody said:

    Explain why pot should be illegal but alcohol legal... Go!

    Don't care

  • @mld-woody said:

    Explain why pot should be illegal but alcohol legal... Go!

    We are talking about issue 2 and issue 3 dimwit

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    We are talking about issue 2 and issue 3 dimwit

    WSS

    Of course you are....

    Whatever makes you feel superior.

  • noah1.jpg

  • Sisky hit the head on the nail. Good going bro. Nice post.

  • Explain why pot should be illegal but alcohol legal... Go!

    @mld-woody said:

    Explain why pot should be illegal but alcohol legal... Go!

    Ah the old go to argument. My brother did it why can't I mentality. Not all , but much of the discussion revolves around issue 2 AND 3. In your way of thinking I'd ask " if I can homebrew beer why can't I homegrow legal weed"? It's more of a rights issue to me. I'm the context of actual medical use I'm 100% in favor and the controlled farms and quality assurance therein make sense. For Rec use I am undecided however positively against edibles. Don't like the smoke? Use a vaporizer then the edibles are marketed at and dangerous for kids. Lastly if rec weed is legalized you should stand up for your rights to grow as well as support an open market. In Colorado a legal aged individual can Grow 6 plants at a time. Anyone can put together a business plan and submit for licensing to open a farm. Michigan has close to the same process. I'm simply saying stand up for your rights. Don't let these people use your desire to legalize to get rich over your rights.
  • @browns149 said:

    A couple of hundred years ago, people thought slavery was cool.

    And 100 years ago people thought alcohol should be illegal.

    Neither worked out so well

    The irony is that today the weed proponents are attacking alcohol to prop up their vice of choice.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    The irony is that today the weed proponents are attacking alcohol to prop up their vice of choice.

    WSS

    It's true, but I'm sure you understand the hypocrisy about legality of alchohol versus illegality of marijuana. I don't think alchohol should be illegal but I could definitely see why some would argue it should be. Alchohol overdose is possible, and you're reckless and dangerous to others long before you reach that point.

    Pot should be legal because of lack of medical research into what really is an interesting plant scientifically, the cost of the war on drugs, the incarceration rate for pot offenders, and cash flow going to cartels instead of our country. If not for that, there are plenty of reasons that have been rehashed 1000 times on this forum.. like the hypocrisy of legal alchohol and illegal pot.

  • @westside-steve said:

    We are talking about issue 2 and issue 3 dimwit

    WSS

    Of course you are....

    Whatever makes you feel superior.

    @mld-woody said:

    Of course you are....

    Whatever makes you feel superior.

    Well I am actually superior so...

    😁

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    The irony is that today the weed proponents are attacking alcohol to prop up their vice of choice.

    WSS

    It's true, but I'm sure you understand the hypocrisy about legality of alchohol versus illegality of marijuana. I don't think alchohol should be illegal but I could definitely see why some would argue it should be. Alchohol overdose is possible, and you're reckless and dangerous to others long before you reach that point.

    Pot should be legal because of lack of medical research into what really is an interesting plant scientifically, the cost of the war on drugs, the incarceration rate for pot offenders, and cash flow going to cartels instead of our country. If not for that, there are plenty of reasons that have been rehashed 1000 times on this forum.. like the hypocrisy of legal alchohol and illegal pot.

    @blowe said:

    It's true, but I'm sure you understand the hypocrisy about legality of alchohol versus illegality of marijuana. I don't think alchohol should be illegal but I could definitely see why some would argue it should be. Alchohol overdose is possible, and you're reckless and dangerous to others long before you reach that point.

    Pot should be legal because of lack of medical research into what really is an interesting plant scientifically, the cost of the war on drugs, the incarceration rate for pot offenders, and cash flow going to cartels instead of our country. If not for that, there are plenty of reasons that have been rehashed 1000 times on this forum.. like the hypocrisy of legal alchohol and illegal pot.

    Sure I see the hypocrisy. I think if booze was invented today it would never get by the FDA.

    WSS

  • Explain why pot should be illegal but alcohol legal... Go!

    @mld-woody said:

    Explain why pot should be illegal but alcohol legal... Go!

    It's not a question of why it should be illegal Woody- it's about the best way to make it legal. Granting a "monopoly" probably isn't the best way to go. I was going to vote "yes" I'm having second thoughts. Pretty sure in Colorado- and for sure in Alaska, anyone can apply of a grow permit. Sounds a little more democratic no? By a long shot, legalization isn't going to eliminate the illegal trade. Just checked pricing in Colorado, weed runs an average of $200 an ounce. Won't be too hard to undercut the legal stores.

    @jcam222 said:

    Ah the old go to argument. My brother did it why can't I mentality. Not all , but much of the discussion revolves around issue 2 AND 3. In your way of thinking I'd ask " if I can homebrew beer why can't I homegrow legal weed"? It's more of a rights issue to me. I'm the context of actual medical use I'm 100% in favor and the controlled farms and quality assurance therein make sense. For Rec use I am undecided however positively against edibles. Don't like the smoke? Use a vaporizer then the edibles are marketed at and dangerous for kids. Lastly if rec weed is legalized you should stand up for your rights to grow as well as support an open market. In Colorado a legal aged individual can Grow 6 plants at a time. Anyone can put together a business plan and submit for licensing to open a farm. Michigan has close to the same process. I'm simply saying stand up for your rights. Don't let these people use your desire to legalize to get rich over your rights.

    ^+1- this. 🙂

    Though I don't really have a problem with recreational use- if that's what floats your boat. I've said before- if you have legal pot, well- aspiring kitchen chemists can turn it into some really hallucinogenic stuff without much problem. The recipes are out there on the 'Net, if you bother to look them up.

    As Cal pointed out- there's plenty of underage drinking. Apparently there's plenty of underage smoking going on in states where it's legal. Not sure if that's a good idea.

  • other than pain relief - how exactly does pot cure cancer?

    (cancer treatment going out of business sounds like a cure is imminent)

    and the vote is tuesday right?

    @fairhooker11 said:

    other than pain relief - how exactly does pot cure cancer?

    (cancer treatment going out of business sounds like a cure is imminent)

    and the vote is tuesday right?

    start here:

    nov 3rd...whatever day that is.