Skip to content

Joe Thomas

The Browns Board
180 46 5.9k
  • So, we should just trade away our most talented players in an effort to get better???

    I dont think thats ever happened in the history of the league....

    Really, who trades away a sure shot HOFer?.....especially one who loves his team and wants to stay??

    And the contract doesnt matter(not a waste).....its not like we are cash strapped or need it for some better talent thats in waiting....

    @mudfly said:

    So, we should just trade away our most talented players in an effort to get better???

    I dont think thats ever happened in the history of the league....

    Herschel *cough* Walker *cough* 😉

  • Delete this thread. It didn't happen.

  • Gip, you do realize who it is your use of the "movie thing" puts you in the company of... don't you?

    And no, it's not WestSideSteve...

    @tour2ma said:

    Gip, you do realize who it is your use of the "movie thing" puts you in the company of... don't you?

    And no, it's not WestSideSteve...

    I'm not saying that I'd take the deal, but just a first and second from a team I don't believe will be nearly as good next year will be reasonably good picks.

    Wait.....

    It just occurred to me if they are making a Super Bowl run in 2015 and the addition of Joe Thomas would bring them closer. Therefore they will draft low in 2016.

    Never mind.

    I could have just deleted this but wanted to admit my error

    🙂

    WSS

  • @tour2ma said:

    Gip, you do realize who it is your use of the "movie thing" puts you in the company of... don't you?

    And no, it's not WestSideSteve...

    I'm not saying that I'd take the deal, but just a first and second from a team I don't believe will be nearly as good next year will be reasonably good picks.

    Wait.....

    It just occurred to me if they are making a Super Bowl run in 2015 and the addition of Joe Thomas would bring them closer. Therefore they will draft low in 2016.

    Never mind.

    I could have just deleted this but wanted to admit my error

    🙂

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I'm not saying that I'd take the deal, but just a first and second form a team I don't believe will be nearly as good next year will be reasonably good picks.

    Wait.....

    It just occurred to me if they are making a Super Bowl run in 2015 and the addition of Joe Thomas would bring them closer. Therefore they will draft low in 2016.

    Never mind.

    I could have just deleted this but wanted to admit my error

    🙂

    WSS

    Noble.

  • @baconhound said:

    Bitonio is T2 OL player and Thomas is T9 for penalties at 7 & 5 respectively.

    Yet we have the second rated line in the entire league.

    Funny...

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Yet we have the second rated line in the entire league.

    Funny...

    So Duke Johnson sucks. He's averaging 3.2 ypc behind the second rated OL in the league. PFF have their ratings and unfortunately so do the fans. Watching every game other than the second half of week one I can't remember three consecutive quarters where I felt our OL was dominating or imposing their will on the DL. Some view sabermetrics as the end all be all I tend to look at rush yards per game and yards per carry. The same way we all measure our defense against the run. We don't grade out each play, we are don't give credit to the 15 times a game the other team is held under 3 ypc we care about the 30 yard breakout run.

    But as Browns fans, myself included, we tend to see what we want.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Yet we have the second rated line in the entire league.

    Funny...

    So Duke Johnson sucks. He's averaging 3.2 ypc behind the second rated OL in the league. PFF have their ratings and unfortunately so do the fans. Watching every game other than the second half of week one I can't remember three consecutive quarters where I felt our OL was dominating or imposing their will on the DL. Some view sabermetrics as the end all be all I tend to look at rush yards per game and yards per carry. The same way we all measure our defense against the run. We don't grade out each play, we are don't give credit to the 15 times a game the other team is held under 3 ypc we care about the 30 yard breakout run.

    But as Browns fans, myself included, we tend to see what we want.

    @baconhound said:

    So Duke Johnson sucks. He's averaging 3.2 ypc behind the second rated OL in the league. PFF have their ratings and unfortunately so do the fans. Watching every game other than the second half of week one I can't remember three consecutive quarters where I felt our OL was dominating or imposing their will on the DL. Some view sabermetrics as the end all be all I tend to look at rush yards per game and yards per carry. The same way we all measure our defense against the run. We don't grade out each play, we are don't give credit to the 15 times a game the other team is held under 3 ypc we care about the 30 yard breakout run.

    But as Browns fans, myself included, we tend to see what we want.

    Wasn't it you who was shitting over using passer rating and YPG as metrics for successful QB's?

  • So, we should just trade away our most talented players in an effort to get better???

    I dont think thats ever happened in the history of the league....

    Really, who trades away a sure shot HOFer?.....especially one who loves his team and wants to stay??

    And the contract doesnt matter(not a waste).....its not like we are cash strapped or need it for some better talent thats in waiting....

    @mudfly said:

    Really, who trades away a sure shot HOFer?.....especially one who loves his team and wants to stay??

    For the first time I read the "wants to stay" and wondered why...

  • @baconhound said:

    So Duke Johnson sucks. He's averaging 3.2 ypc behind the second rated OL in the league. PFF have their ratings and unfortunately so do the fans. Watching every game other than the second half of week one I can't remember three consecutive quarters where I felt our OL was dominating or imposing their will on the DL. Some view sabermetrics as the end all be all I tend to look at rush yards per game and yards per carry. The same way we all measure our defense against the run. We don't grade out each play, we are don't give credit to the 15 times a game the other team is held under 3 ypc we care about the 30 yard breakout run.

    But as Browns fans, myself included, we tend to see what we want.

    Wasn't it you who was shitting over using passer rating and YPG as metrics for successful QB's?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Wasn't it you who was shitting over using passer rating and YPG as metrics for successful QB's?

    Quite the opposite I was praising Mccown for Rating, Yards per Game as top 10 QB stats.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Wasn't it you who was shitting over using passer rating and YPG as metrics for successful QB's?

    Quite the opposite I was praising Mccown for Rating, Yards per Game as top 10 QB stats.

    @baconhound said:

    Quite the opposite I was praising Mccown for Rating, Yards per Game as top 10 QB stats.

    Oh, okay. I couldn't remember who it was.

  • @baconhound said:

    How many teams draft 20 first round picks consecutively and end up with one who actually contributes to the team for five years?

    Patriots let Welker, Ty Law, Vinateri, Revis, Asanta Samuel & Seymour all go when they were All Pro caliber

    Even more reason not to trade him....lets see, team misses on every first round pick, almost every year....

    So, lets trade our best player for another shot at screwing up the draft.....hey, odds are good well hit with that pick too 😉

    And every team lets players "go" in FA, including the Browns(and Pats, amazing)....Call me when they trade their best player.....

    Your logic..."that we arent good, so we dont need good players".....just doesn't work...

    And the idea that trading a GREAT player so you can draft a PROSPECT is also a very very bad idea....

    @mudfly said:

    Even more reason not to trade him....lets see, team misses on every first round pick, almost every year....

    So, lets trade our best player for another shot at screwing up the draft.....hey, odds are good well hit with that pick too 😉

    And every team lets players "go" in FA, including the Browns(and Pats, amazing)....Call me when they trade their best player.....

    Your logic..."that we arent good, so we dont need good players".....just doesn't work...

    And the idea that trading a GREAT player so you can draft a PROSPECT is also a very very bad idea....

    i hear ya, but i think i would leave the trade decision up to joe..he has his money. There does not seem to be a superbowl in the immediate future of this organization. He needs to ask himself what is more important at this point...Playing for a championship or playing to make the fans happy by staying in cleveland and going nowhere as far as playoffs and championships....

  • I think I would use Joe Thomas as an example. Next penalty on #73 I call time out and say why don't u sit out the rest of this series Joe.

  • I think I would use Joe Thomas as an example. Next penalty on #73 I call time out and say why don't u sit out the rest of this series Joe.

    @cdl15 said:

    I think I would use Joe Thomas as an example. Next penalty on #73 I call time out and say why don't u sit out the rest of this series Joe.

    LoL

  • @baconhound said:

    Quite the opposite I was praising Mccown for Rating, Yards per Game as top 10 QB stats.

    Oh, okay. I couldn't remember who it was.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Oh, okay. I couldn't remember who it was.

    And I don't want this to be a "bash Joe Thomas" thread. Joe is great and the teams woes aren't his fault. I just want to be practical. If you think Farmer is competent then give him as many picks as you can over the next 2 years to build his vision. If you don't fire Ray Ray keep all your players and let the next guy lay out his plan.

    The Browns are the organization who franchised tag their fucking kicker twice.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Oh, okay. I couldn't remember who it was.

    And I don't want this to be a "bash Joe Thomas" thread. Joe is great and the teams woes aren't his fault. I just want to be practical. If you think Farmer is competent then give him as many picks as you can over the next 2 years to build his vision. If you don't fire Ray Ray keep all your players and let the next guy lay out his plan.

    The Browns are the organization who franchised tag their fucking kicker twice.

    @baconhound said:

    The Browns are the organization who franchised tag their fucking kicker twice.

    Dawson is probably wishing he had never left.

  • @baconhound said:

    The Browns are the organization who franchised tag their fucking kicker twice.

    Dawson is probably wishing he had never left.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Dawson is probably wishing he had never left.

    10-14 with San Fran, Browns 9-15

    Salary $4.1 million vs $3 million

    California weather vs Cleveland weather

    Organizational History

    Thinking he is glad he left.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Dawson is probably wishing he had never left.

    10-14 with San Fran, Browns 9-15

    Salary $4.1 million vs $3 million

    California weather vs Cleveland weather

    Organizational History

    Thinking he is glad he left.

    @baconhound said:

    10-14 with San Fran, Browns 9-15

    Salary $4.1 million vs $3 million

    California weather vs Cleveland weather

    Organizational History

    Thinking he is glad he left.

    I'm sure Phil is having a great time kicking those moral victory field goals in front of 5000 fans.

    The niners organization is a tire fire and one of the few places currently worse than Cleveland.

  • @baconhound said:

    10-14 with San Fran, Browns 9-15

    Salary $4.1 million vs $3 million

    California weather vs Cleveland weather

    Organizational History

    Thinking he is glad he left.

    I'm sure Phil is having a great time kicking those moral victory field goals in front of 5000 fans.

    The niners organization is a tire fire and one of the few places currently worse than Cleveland.

    @canton-dawg said:

    I'm sure Phil is having a great time kicking those moral victory field goals in front of 5000 fans.

    The niners organization is a tire fire and one of the few places currently worse than Cleveland.

    Currently but they are three years removed from the Superbowl and two years from NFC Championship

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I'm sure Phil is having a great time kicking those moral victory field goals in front of 5000 fans.

    The niners organization is a tire fire and one of the few places currently worse than Cleveland.

    Currently but they are three years removed from the Superbowl and two years from NFC Championship

    @baconhound said:

    Currently but they are three years removed from the Superbowl and two years from NFC Championship

    Which makes things that much worse. They no longer have the HC that was the root of their success. Benched their $60 million QB. Built a brand new stadium 2-1/2 hours away from San Fran, and can't put asses in the seat. Not to mention the majority of their talented players either jumped ship or retired. Hell, if I wasn't a Browns fan I would almost feel sorry for them.

  • @baconhound said:

    Quite the opposite I was praising Mccown for Rating, Yards per Game as top 10 QB stats.

    Oh, okay. I couldn't remember who it was.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Oh, okay. I couldn't remember who it was.

    I'm thinking TacoBell...

  • @baconhound said:

    The Browns are the organization who franchised tag their fucking kicker twice.

    Dawson is probably wishing he had never left.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Dawson is probably wishing he had never left.

    not really, at least he played in a superbowl...his career is just about done anyway and if he was still here, he never would have stepped foot on a superbowl turf.