Skip to content

Joe Thomas

The Browns Board
180 46 5.9k
  • Wouldn't have been comfortable with a front office on the hot seat making this move. Woulda had to been a slam dunk and since it doesn't sound like any offer was I am pleased.

  • I think I'm just going to keep the headline the way it is to freak out some people.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I think I'm just going to keep the headline the way it is to freak out some people.

    Zombo

    worked on me

  • I think I'm just going to keep the headline the way it is to freak out some people.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I think I'm just going to keep the headline the way it is to freak out some people.

    Mission accomplished...

    From the other side... How does Denver quibble over our 3rd vs. our 4th?

    Back on our side... How do we even consider a late first and a late second for JT and a 4th?

  • Farmer said it wasn't that close to being done....in fact, basically denied the discussion at all.

  • Zombo said:

    I think I'm just going to keep the headline the way it is to freak out some people.

    Zombo

    worked on me

    @browns1216 said:

    worked on me

    Ya, seems kinda mean now ... I will update it.

    Zombo

  • The fact that no good sob even would consider our best player should be grounds to be canned. And I to read the headline and almost lost my lunch.

  • Honestly, I'm a little bummed that he didn't get traded to Denver or another playoff bound team.. JT has been such a great player his entire career and a class act; he deserves to win something, and he sure as shit isn't going to win with the Browns anytime soon.

    In a way, he sort of reminds me of the horse from "Animal Farm". He'll be loyal to the Browns cause until he physically can't play anymore, then we'll ship him off to the glue factory in Jacksonville or Oakland or San Francisco for like a 4th rounder or something.

  • Honestly, I'm a little bummed that he didn't get traded to Denver or another playoff bound team.. JT has been such a great player his entire career and a class act; he deserves to win something, and he sure as shit isn't going to win with the Browns anytime soon.

    In a way, he sort of reminds me of the horse from "Animal Farm". He'll be loyal to the Browns cause until he physically can't play anymore, then we'll ship him off to the glue factory in Jacksonville or Oakland or San Francisco for like a 4th rounder or something.

    @jbluhm86 said:

    Honestly, I'm a little bummed that he didn't get traded to Denver or another playoff bound team.. JT has been such a great player his entire career and a class act; he deserves to win something, and he sure as shit isn't going to win with the Browns anytime soon.

    In a way, he sort of reminds me of the horse from "Animal Farm". He'll be loyal to the Browns cause until he physically can't play anymore, then we'll ship him off to the glue factory in Jacksonville or Oakland or San Francisco for like a 4th rounder or something.

    The Browns have enough overall talent to be a playoff contender. They are missing a few key pieces.

    The Browns problems are in the FO and coaching....not the on field talent.....except the most important position: QB

  • Im out....

    Fuck them

    @mudfly said:

    Im out....

    Fuck them

    @mudfly said:

    Im out....

    Fuck them

    i guess they don't like little johnny now that we lost our left tackle who protects the qb..i think they want chonnie dead.....this team needs to move to london or toronto...someone in the f.o. needs to go on ebay immediately...

  • cool....didnt get done. This tells you something about what we would have given up thomas for though.....maybe denver wanted a third instead, or maybe we wanted to not give up the fourth but a 5th. Something like that.

    @tacosman said:

    cool....didnt get done. This tells you something about what we would have given up thomas for though.....maybe denver wanted a third instead, or maybe we wanted to not give up the fourth but a 5th. Something like that.

    @bbedward said:

    JT hasn't been traded, it was a premature ejaculation.

    /thread

    what's the difference...denver or some other team will probably get him after the season anyway and we ain't going to no playoffs just because he is still here....

  • @tacosman said:

    cool....didnt get done. This tells you something about what we would have given up thomas for though.....maybe denver wanted a third instead, or maybe we wanted to not give up the fourth but a 5th. Something like that.

    @bbedward said:

    JT hasn't been traded, it was a premature ejaculation.

    /thread

    what's the difference...denver or some other team will probably get him after the season anyway and we ain't going to no playoffs just because he is still here....

    @browns52 said:

    what's the difference...denver or some other team will probably get him after the season anyway and we ain't going to no playoffs just because he is still here....

    He's not hurting our chances of going to the playoffs.

    I think JT is pretty safe unless he wants out or we get a really high price for him. Denver was calling because their starting LT is on IR but our price was too high.

    Their interest will be way lower in the off season.

  • Zombo said:

    I think I'm just going to keep the headline the way it is to freak out some people.

    Mission accomplished...

    From the other side... How does Denver quibble over our 3rd vs. our 4th?

    Back on our side... How do we even consider a late first and a late second for JT and a 4th?

    @tour2ma said:

    Mission accomplished...From the other side... How does Denver quibble over our 3rd vs. our 4th?Back on our side... How do we even consider a late first and a late second for JT and a 4th?

    We should've sweetened the deal by throwing in Dwayne Bowe.

  • @browns1216 said:

    worked on me

    Ya, seems kinda mean now ... I will update it.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Ya, seems kinda mean now ... I will update it.

    The "NOT" helped a little...

    @jbluhm86 said:

    In a way, he sort of reminds me of the horse from "Animal Farm". He'll be loyal to the Browns cause until he physically can't play anymore, then we'll ship him off to the glue factory in Jacksonville or Oakland or San Francisco for like a 4th rounder or something.

    Not everyday we get and Orwell allusion 'round these parts...

  • Wait, was this another "Fans quote gossip monger media statements as fact" thing again?

    To quote Bob Dylan......"When will we ever learn..."

    Mike

  • Wait, was this another "Fans quote gossip monger media statements as fact" thing again?

    To quote Bob Dylan......"When will we ever learn..."

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Wait, was this another "Fans quote gossip monger media statements as fact" thing again?

    To quote Bob Dylan......"When will we ever learn..."

    Mike

    How is it any different than "fan doesn't like (so-and-so), he should be fired?"

  • I didn't understand the rationale behind this idea anyway. Why trade a elite LT that wants to be on your team? Glad you guys got to keep your guy.

  • I didn't understand the rationale behind this idea anyway. Why trade a elite LT that wants to be on your team? Glad you guys got to keep your guy.

    @harry-taintsniffer said:

    I didn't understand the rationale behind this idea anyway. Why trade a elite LT that wants to be on your team? Glad you guys got to keep your guy.

    I think it was more of a "Denver's talking so we'll listen" not like we were actively shopping him.

    Everybody is expendable for the right price, luckily we're smart enough to value him high (though who wouldn't be)

  • @harry-taintsniffer said:

    I didn't understand the rationale behind this idea anyway. Why trade a elite LT that wants to be on your team? Glad you guys got to keep your guy.

    I think it was more of a "Denver's talking so we'll listen" not like we were actively shopping him.

    Everybody is expendable for the right price, luckily we're smart enough to value him high (though who wouldn't be)

    @bbedward said:

    I think it was more of a "Denver's talking so we'll listen" not like we were actively shopping him.

    Everybody is expendable for the right price, luckily we're smart enough to value him high (though who wouldn't be)

    Makes sense. I guess I assumed he was actively being shopped aggressively. ESPN likes to throw around assumptions lol. Good for Browns fans that the Browns stuck to their asking price.

  • If you are Joe Thomas.. How happy are you right now? 🤔

  • @canton-mike said:

    Wait, was this another "Fans quote gossip monger media statements as fact" thing again?

    To quote Bob Dylan......"When will we ever learn..."

    Mike

    How is it any different than "fan doesn't like (so-and-so), he should be fired?"

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    How is it any different than "fan doesn't like (so-and-so), he should be fired?"

    I posted an apology that I over reacted to what I SAW that angered me. Totally different than quoting the medias bullshit.