Joe Thomas
-
Wait, was this another "Fans quote gossip monger media statements as fact" thing again?
To quote Bob Dylan......"When will we ever learn..."
Mike
-
Wait, was this another "Fans quote gossip monger media statements as fact" thing again?
To quote Bob Dylan......"When will we ever learn..."
Mike
Wait, was this another "Fans quote gossip monger media statements as fact" thing again?
To quote Bob Dylan......"When will we ever learn..."
Mike
How is it any different than "fan doesn't like (so-and-so), he should be fired?"
-
I didn't understand the rationale behind this idea anyway. Why trade a elite LT that wants to be on your team? Glad you guys got to keep your guy.
-
I didn't understand the rationale behind this idea anyway. Why trade a elite LT that wants to be on your team? Glad you guys got to keep your guy.
I didn't understand the rationale behind this idea anyway. Why trade a elite LT that wants to be on your team? Glad you guys got to keep your guy.
I think it was more of a "Denver's talking so we'll listen" not like we were actively shopping him.
Everybody is expendable for the right price, luckily we're smart enough to value him high (though who wouldn't be)
-
I didn't understand the rationale behind this idea anyway. Why trade a elite LT that wants to be on your team? Glad you guys got to keep your guy.
I think it was more of a "Denver's talking so we'll listen" not like we were actively shopping him.
Everybody is expendable for the right price, luckily we're smart enough to value him high (though who wouldn't be)
I think it was more of a "Denver's talking so we'll listen" not like we were actively shopping him.
Everybody is expendable for the right price, luckily we're smart enough to value him high (though who wouldn't be)
Makes sense. I guess I assumed he was actively being shopped aggressively. ESPN likes to throw around assumptions lol. Good for Browns fans that the Browns stuck to their asking price.
-
Wait, was this another "Fans quote gossip monger media statements as fact" thing again?
To quote Bob Dylan......"When will we ever learn..."
Mike
How is it any different than "fan doesn't like (so-and-so), he should be fired?"
How is it any different than "fan doesn't like (so-and-so), he should be fired?"
I posted an apology that I over reacted to what I SAW that angered me. Totally different than quoting the medias bullshit.
-
Wouldn't care if they traded Thomas. It appears by the time they get the QB and WRs they need he'll be long in the tooth and expensive.
-
How is it any different than "fan doesn't like (so-and-so), he should be fired?"
I posted an apology that I over reacted to what I SAW that angered me. Totally different than quoting the medias bullshit.
I posted an apology that I over reacted to what I SAW that angered me. Totally different than quoting the medias bullshit.
Quoting a verified ESPN reporter is bullshit. You are right.
-
I posted an apology that I over reacted to what I SAW that angered me. Totally different than quoting the medias bullshit.
Quoting a verified ESPN reporter is bullshit. You are right.
Quoting a verified ESPN reporter is bullshit. You are right.
OMG! I didn't realize a VERIFIED Espn reporter is totally credible!! LMAO
-
Wouldn't care if they traded Thomas. It appears by the time they get the QB and WRs they need he'll be long in the tooth and expensive.
Wouldn't care if they traded Thomas. It appears by the time they get the QB and WRs they need he'll be long in the tooth and expensive.
Wouldn't care if they traded Thomas. It appears by the time they get the QB and WRs they need he'll be long in the tooth and expensive.
great point...this team is soooooo far from being a playoff contender. If they ever do become one, joe will be old and we will probably need to find another lt.We just can't sync up when we get a couple pieces together...we simply cannot find the other parts needed to become a whole. We always have 2 or 3 probowlers and then we go thru 8-9 seasons of bullshit football because we can't find the other parts and meanwhile those 2-3, 3-4 good players start getting old and have to be replaced. And the whole cycle starts over again...it's crazy...
-
Joe Thomas is not an elite run blocker. Id say hes an average at best run blocker on a team who that has to run the ball to be competitive.
Joe Thomas is not an elite run blocker. Id say hes an average at best run blocker on a team who that has to run the ball to be competitive.
He's a good,not average, run blocker and an elite pass blocker.
Elite pass blocker is the most important quality for the blind side tackle to have.
-
Baloney. Just last year, he was the best run blocker. Give the rest of us a break from the nonsense already.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/cleveland_browns_joe_thomas.html
"The season will end with an eighth consecutive trip to the Pro Bowl for No. 73. He's not only ProFootballFocus.com's highest-rated tackle, but its top-rated offensive player. He's performed at a high level while undergoing the biggest schematic chance of his career.
New offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan prefers a wide-zone blocking scheme for his run game. Thomas estimates the Browns ran such plays maybe five times a season in past years. They employed it about 20 times a game this campaign.
How did it impact Thomas? Best known for his pass protection, he's the NFL's top-rated, run-blocking tackle, according to ProFootballFocus.
"There's a reason that he's one of, if not, the best to play the position," Shanahan said."
-
I said good, maybe great or excellent would be a better word

Bottom line is he's really, really good and many non-savvy people underrate what he brings to the table.
-
Quoting a verified ESPN reporter is bullshit. You are right.
OMG! I didn't realize a VERIFIED Espn reporter is totally credible!! LMAO
OMG! I didn't realize a VERIFIED Espn reporter is totally credible!! LMAO
Actually, they are. The list of verified news personnel is perpetually curated on social media sites for this exact reason.
I get that you're old, but at least plead ignorance when it comes to that there newfangled social mediums. Things are different nowadays, pop pop.
-
Baloney. Just last year, he was the best run blocker. Give the rest of us a break from the nonsense already.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/cleveland_browns_joe_thomas.html
"The season will end with an eighth consecutive trip to the Pro Bowl for No. 73. He's not only ProFootballFocus.com's highest-rated tackle, but its top-rated offensive player. He's performed at a high level while undergoing the biggest schematic chance of his career.
New offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan prefers a wide-zone blocking scheme for his run game. Thomas estimates the Browns ran such plays maybe five times a season in past years. They employed it about 20 times a game this campaign.
How did it impact Thomas? Best known for his pass protection, he's the NFL's top-rated, run-blocking tackle, according to ProFootballFocus.
"There's a reason that he's one of, if not, the best to play the position," Shanahan said."
"The season will end with an eighth consecutive trip to the Pro Bowl for No. 73. He's not only ProFootballFocus.com's highest-rated tackle, but its top-rated offensive player. He's performed at a high level while undergoing the biggest schematic chance of his career."
Well that scheme was the ZBS which is a lot like pass blocking...
As said he's an elite pass blocker with excellent technique. The ZBS gave him angles to make blocks... suited him perfectly. He is a very good run blocker that the ZBS makes better.
It's power blocking that is not Joe's thing... It's not like he's a powderpuff, but he's no roadgrader either.
-
Agreed - Joe is no roadgrader, but I figure there is no roadgrader in the NFL,
who can also do what Joe does. Surely the abilities are mutually exclusive.
-
LoL
-
Trade Joe Thomas crowd = Looney.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
