Skip to content

Farmer pressy

The Browns Board
40 23 1.8k
  • Ok....now that Ive recovered from the JT scare.....gotta a few thoughts on the Ray Farmer pressy....

    And, I will stress that I have backed Ray all the way 100%........but we havent seen him since his suspension, which I felt was a bit like hiding.....and now....WOW....he came off really really bad.....

    1) He was sweating like a pig at a bbq.....

    2) He came off as arrogant, defensive and fairly condescending....really a bad look....

    3) He accepted zero culpability for "anything".....nada.....and barely acknowledged we weren't doing well

    4) Basically said good players, playing good....just not winning,,,

    5) No changes needed...

    6) and, amazingly, he said that there is not 1 personnel decision he's made alone(ie: responsible for)....its a "group" thing....

    You know.....I didnt like it.....not one bit.....blech......

    and I truly believe he was on the verge of trading Jt, which tells me a lot.....and I dont like that either...

    Just a bad look for his first time up this year.....

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Ray-Farmer-press-conference---113/018fa93a-2d08-40f0-952a-4679b55ffecc

  • Lots of "we", over and over again. "We as a group selected each and every player here". "Everyone thinks I select players, but it's we". Seems like a guy who is trying to place the blame all around. I also didn't like his demeanor, and I'm not buying for a second that he and Pet are on the same page, not 1 second.

    He was asked if he thought "was there enough talent on the field to stop the run", and instead of answering it, he squirmed around like a politician, without really saying a word.

  • Lots of "we", over and over again. "We as a group selected each and every player here". "Everyone thinks I select players, but it's we". Seems like a guy who is trying to place the blame all around. I also didn't like his demeanor, and I'm not buying for a second that he and Pet are on the same page, not 1 second.

    He was asked if he thought "was there enough talent on the field to stop the run", and instead of answering it, he squirmed around like a politician, without really saying a word.

    @d-bone said:

    Lots of "we", over and over again. "We as a group selected each and every player here". "Everyone thinks I select players, but it's we". Seems like a guy who is trying to place the blame all around.

    I also didn't like his demeanor, and I'm not buying for a second that he and Pet are on the same page, not 1 second.

    Yep, this assclown won't take the blame for anything.

    I don't think Farmer and Pet are on the same page either. Rumor has the textgate fiasco was basically a power play by Farmer, attempting to undermine Pettine.

  • I don't like him from the start. He said during the 2014 draft after Josh Gordon's suspension was publicized that he was not going to "veer from the plan" Meaning he was not going to draft a wide receiver. No matter what! This guy has serious issues besides being an arrogant, stubborn, Know-it-all.

    He's a control freak! That's why he was texting Shanahan during games.

    Get rid of this ego maniac before he sets us back another five years!

    Farmer had four first round picks and failed. He chased a damn good offensive coordinator to Atlanta and is a human wrecking ball.

    PEEEEEUUUUUUUUU

  • Ok....now that Ive recovered from the JT scare.....gotta a few thoughts on the Ray Farmer pressy....

    And, I will stress that I have backed Ray all the way 100%........but we havent seen him since his suspension, which I felt was a bit like hiding.....and now....WOW....he came off really really bad.....

    1) He was sweating like a pig at a bbq.....

    2) He came off as arrogant, defensive and fairly condescending....really a bad look....

    3) He accepted zero culpability for "anything".....nada.....and barely acknowledged we weren't doing well

    4) Basically said good players, playing good....just not winning,,,

    5) No changes needed...

    6) and, amazingly, he said that there is not 1 personnel decision he's made alone(ie: responsible for)....its a "group" thing....

    You know.....I didnt like it.....not one bit.....blech......

    and I truly believe he was on the verge of trading Jt, which tells me a lot.....and I dont like that either...

    Just a bad look for his first time up this year.....

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Ray-Farmer-press-conference---113/018fa93a-2d08-40f0-952a-4679b55ffecc

    @mudfly said:

    Ok....now that Ive recovered from the JT scare.....gotta a few thoughts on the Ray Farmer pressy....

    And, I will stress that I have backed Ray all the way 100%........but we havent seen him since his suspension, which I felt was a bit like hiding.....and now....WOW....he came off really really bad.....

    1) He was sweating like a pig at a bbq.....

    2) He came off as arrogant, defensive and fairly condescending....really a bad look....

    3) He accepted zero culpability for "anything".....nada.....and barely acknowledged we weren't doing well

    4) Basically said good players, playing good....just not winning,,,

    5) No changes needed...

    6) and, amazingly, he said that there is not 1 personnel decision he's made alone(ie: responsible for)....its a "group" thing....

    You know.....I didnt like it.....not one bit.....blech......

    and I truly believe he was on the verge of trading Jt, which tells me a lot.....and I dont like that either...

    Just a bad look for his first time up this year.....

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Ray-Farmer-press-conference---113/018fa93a-2d08-40f0-952a-4679b55ffecc

    Well, Farmer basically told the world AND Joe Thomas that there is not organizational support for him. In short, they wanted to move him but could not.

    If I'm Joe Thomas, I'm not overly thrilled about any of this: first, being shopped and, second, not going to a bona fide Superbowl contender.

    Farmer did the - almost - impossible. He Fucked up a wet dream.

  • I'm not willing to crucify him yet.

    I'm also not willing to call Shanahan a good offensive coordinator, not better than DeFilip IMO.

    Calling Shelton and Erving busts are both premature statements at this point - still half a season left.

  • And I think Denver called and we listened, I don't think we were shopping JT

  • I basically agree with everything bbedward says, so I'll just let him do the talking for Camp Patience.

    Mudfly too, but not so much on this topic. And LBC Mike.

    And usally Tour and Marko.

    Amazingly, the On The Rag people were drawn to the On The Rag thread.

    Z

  • Agree with Zombo and bbedward. It's the organization's due diligence to listen to all trade offers. Everyone's been crucifying Farmer for the Erving pick, if we'd gotten a first and an elite linebacker for Thomas (which Denver refused earlier in the season) Erving would've replaced Thomas. The team would've been better off IMO, how many holding penalties has Thomas cost us this season for such an established player? How many games has this "elite" offensive line won us this season?

    If I recall this organization has always stated players are chosen by consensus, go dig up some of those old press conferences so Farmer wasn't shifting blame to anyone.

  • Really, a person not taking responsibilty for his actions. How novel. Isnt that the american way?

  • Agree with Zombo and bbedward. It's the organization's due diligence to listen to all trade offers. Everyone's been crucifying Farmer for the Erving pick, if we'd gotten a first and an elite linebacker for Thomas (which Denver refused earlier in the season) Erving would've replaced Thomas. The team would've been better off IMO, how many holding penalties has Thomas cost us this season for such an established player? How many games has this "elite" offensive line won us this season?

    If I recall this organization has always stated players are chosen by consensus, go dig up some of those old press conferences so Farmer wasn't shifting blame to anyone.

    @mddawg said:

    Agree with Zombo and bbedward. It's the organization's due diligence to listen to all trade offers. Everyone's been crucifying Farmer for the Erving pick, if we'd gotten a first and an elite linebacker for Thomas (which Denver refused earlier in the season) Erving would've replaced Thomas. The team would've been better off IMO, how many holding penalties has Thomas cost us this season for such an established player? How many games has this "elite" offensive line won us this season?

    If I recall this organization has always stated players are chosen by consensus, go dig up some of those old press conferences so Farmer wasn't shifting blame to anyone.

    That would be a huge gamble attempting to replace a HOF'er with an unproven rookie.

    NFL insider Albert Breer was on the Bull &Fox show today, and point blank said "it's well known around the NFL that Ray Farmer is in over his head."

    I don't need Breer to tell me that, just look at his body of work.

  • @mddawg said:

    Agree with Zombo and bbedward. It's the organization's due diligence to listen to all trade offers. Everyone's been crucifying Farmer for the Erving pick, if we'd gotten a first and an elite linebacker for Thomas (which Denver refused earlier in the season) Erving would've replaced Thomas. The team would've been better off IMO, how many holding penalties has Thomas cost us this season for such an established player? How many games has this "elite" offensive line won us this season?

    If I recall this organization has always stated players are chosen by consensus, go dig up some of those old press conferences so Farmer wasn't shifting blame to anyone.

    That would be a huge gamble attempting to replace a HOF'er with an unproven rookie.

    NFL insider Albert Breer was on the Bull &Fox show today, and point blank said "it's well known around the NFL that Ray Farmer is in over his head."

    I don't need Breer to tell me that, just look at his body of work.

    @canton-dawg said:

    That would be a huge gamble attempting to replace a HOF'er with an unproven rookie.

    NFL insider Albert Breer was on the Bull &Fox show today, and point blank said "it's well known around the NFL that Ray Farmer is in over his head."

    I don't need Breer to tell me that, just look at his body of work.

    This. Get Farmer out of here. Keep Pettine. He's keeping us close with a pretty much talentless roster.

  • Don't know how he still has a job but must be very good at kissing ass.

  • I watched the whole thing. To me he came off as someone who just read the Bill Parcels handbook of football relations: "I'm not telling you anything. I'm not giving you anything. We're not changing anything, and if we did, I wouldn't tell you."

    I'm Ok with that.

    Pettine is more personable but he doesn't give up much either.

    If we were winning we'd love these guys.

    Season's half over, Let's see what the next 8 games bring.

    Z

  • I have defended Farmer for the most part, but I didn't care for his explanations today. Farmer's position was created to be the deciding factor after the debates end. Maybe he's not being totally forward when asked those questions. But if he's not making the final decisions, and he's in the position to be accountable for the results because of his title (and paycheck), he's an idiot.

  • We want to win. I think we are good, just not finishing. Guys need time to get better....Hello you fucking stink

  • Ok....now that Ive recovered from the JT scare.....gotta a few thoughts on the Ray Farmer pressy....

    And, I will stress that I have backed Ray all the way 100%........but we havent seen him since his suspension, which I felt was a bit like hiding.....and now....WOW....he came off really really bad.....

    1) He was sweating like a pig at a bbq.....

    2) He came off as arrogant, defensive and fairly condescending....really a bad look....

    3) He accepted zero culpability for "anything".....nada.....and barely acknowledged we weren't doing well

    4) Basically said good players, playing good....just not winning,,,

    5) No changes needed...

    6) and, amazingly, he said that there is not 1 personnel decision he's made alone(ie: responsible for)....its a "group" thing....

    You know.....I didnt like it.....not one bit.....blech......

    and I truly believe he was on the verge of trading Jt, which tells me a lot.....and I dont like that either...

    Just a bad look for his first time up this year.....

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Ray-Farmer-press-conference---113/018fa93a-2d08-40f0-952a-4679b55ffecc

    @mudfly said:

    1) He was sweating like a pig at a bbq.....

    Next time bring a mop...

    There was a lot of "been working hard... am working hard... will keep working hard". I flashed to sessions with folks I ended up firing. That was the troubling language to me.

    @bbedward said:

    And I think Denver called and we listened, I don't think we were shopping JT

    Same here...

    Zombo said:

    Amazingly, the On The Rag people were drawn to the On The Rag thread.

    May have stumbled onto something there, Z... thread bait.

  • Farmer: "How do we fix it? We Continue to do the exact same thing we've been doing".

  • Trying hard to think back to Ray's intro and 2014 appearances. I'm not sure his demeanor has changed all that much.

    What's changed is the context.

    So what came off as "determined" 20(?) months, 12 months and 6 months ago is now coming off as "stubborn" or "detached"...

  • "Do we have enough talent to stop the run better"? Farmer - Doesn't even say yes, just flip flops the question.

    "Do we have enough talent to do better"? Farmer - "I think so".

    I hope he thinks right.

    I think the problem to Pettine/Farmer's approach is they are so stubborn with the "The hardest worker will earn the spot", that we'll end up with a bunch of mediocre players who practice hard and don't have enough talent for us to win. Plenty of Allstars have attitude problems, it's how you deal with them. Someway, Somehow, Belichick was able to keep Randy Moss in check and have him put up a record season. If Pettine and Farmer would of had Randy Moss, would they of benched him because he didn't "Earn" the spot by working the hardest in practice?

    This is definitely why Gilbert, Manziel, and even Bowe haven't played much at all. Who knows if Bowe will be better than the WR play we've seen? Paying him 9 mil and not playing him because he didn't "earn" the spot seems childish to me though....

    Pettine is too stubborn and I don't think he likes Johnny at all. Mccown is playing well, but clearly, Pettine plays mad favorites.

    He's not as bad of coach as you are making him out all to be. He's just stubborn and too soft to Fire O'Neil who clearly can't make defensive calls because he wants to bring his buddy along for the ride.

    Flip is doing a good job, but also, we need to be better with the "flow of the game" and ride the hot hand with players like duke last week.

    The cowboys road mcfadden the week before last and he killed it. Hopefully they quit being stubborn and try harder to win instead of being "right" and rewarding players who "earn the spot in practice".