Skip to content

Talk To Your Kids About the SEC Myth

College Football Forum
331 16 13.6k
  • Uhh, the dbag QBs have been replaced by a really strong leader (and adequate on the field QB). Lack of team chemistry is the primary reason for the breakdown the last two years so there you go. The next big reason was youth on defense. We returned all but two starters on defense and there are probably about 5 first-two-day draft picks on it at least. Second year under a new DC (who is elite). New offensive coordinator who's not 15 years old and actually has some gravitas. New OL coach who is elite. I could go on. A better question is what hasn't changed. Most people don't watch much CFB outside of their own team. If you're one, that's ok.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Uhh, the dbag QBs have been replaced by a really strong leader (and adequate on the field QB). Lack of team chemistry is the primary reason for the breakdown the last two years so there you go. The next big reason was youth on defense. We returned all but two starters on defense and there are probably about 5 first-two-day draft picks on it at least. Second year under a new DC (who is elite). New offensive coordinator who's not 15 years old and actually has some gravitas. New OL coach who is elite. I could go on. A better question is what hasn't changed. Most people don't watch much CFB outside of their own team. If you're one, that's ok.

    Two first day draft picks means first rounders. You have Garrett....who else on that defense is 1st round worthy.

    Interested because with Philly playing so well it seems that the Browns draft pick from them could come much later than we had hoped.

  • @wargograw said:

    Uhh, the dbag QBs have been replaced by a really strong leader (and adequate on the field QB). Lack of team chemistry is the primary reason for the breakdown the last two years so there you go. The next big reason was youth on defense. We returned all but two starters on defense and there are probably about 5 first-two-day draft picks on it at least. Second year under a new DC (who is elite). New offensive coordinator who's not 15 years old and actually has some gravitas. New OL coach who is elite. I could go on. A better question is what hasn't changed. Most people don't watch much CFB outside of their own team. If you're one, that's ok.

    Two first day draft picks means first rounders. You have Garrett....who else on that defense is 1st round worthy.

    Interested because with Philly playing so well it seems that the Browns draft pick from them could come much later than we had hoped.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @the-gipper said:

    Two first day draft picks means first rounders. You have Garrett....who else on that defense is 1st round worthy.

    Interested because with Philly playing so well it seems that the Browns draft pick from them could come much later than we had hoped.

    I guess they won't be as many from The OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY selection of candidates this year as not that many will be Seniors or ready to come out early as underclassmen.

    Actually I don't watch these things as close as I used to do until it gets to between Halloween and Thanksgiving when you see which teams are really Final Four possibilities and which players are really Heisman or first round worthy.....unfortunately whether they come from the elite P5 conferences or not which seems to be a prerequisite.

    It's true though that the majority of blue chip players end up on the elite school rosters but it's fun to find those other smaller school gems out there.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    From CBS Sports: While Myles Garrett is ranked as their overall #1 prospect, they don't rate another A&M player as being more than a 3rd or 4th round pick:

    Myles Garrett: 1st round #1 overall

    Avery Genessey OT: 3-4th round

    Daeshon Hill DE: 4th

    Speedy Noll WR: 4th-5th

    Josh Reynolds WR 5th

    Justin Evans SS 6th

    Ricky Jones WR 6th

    (Just to compare: Ohio State also has 1 first round rated talent, but has 4 2d round rated talents, 2 3rd rounders, and a couple of 6th/7th rounders)

  • @wargograw said:

    Uhh, the dbag QBs have been replaced by a really strong leader (and adequate on the field QB). Lack of team chemistry is the primary reason for the breakdown the last two years so there you go. The next big reason was youth on defense. We returned all but two starters on defense and there are probably about 5 first-two-day draft picks on it at least. Second year under a new DC (who is elite). New offensive coordinator who's not 15 years old and actually has some gravitas. New OL coach who is elite. I could go on. A better question is what hasn't changed. Most people don't watch much CFB outside of their own team. If you're one, that's ok.

    Two first day draft picks means first rounders. You have Garrett....who else on that defense is 1st round worthy.

    Interested because with Philly playing so well it seems that the Browns draft pick from them could come much later than we had hoped.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Two first day draft picks means first rounders. You have Garrett....who else on that defense is 1st round worthy.

    Interested because with Philly playing so well it seems that the Browns draft pick from them could come much later than we had hoped.

    I didn't say two first day. I said five first-two-day, meaning 1st and 2nd round picks. Garrett, Hall, Evans, Watts, and at least one in a future year.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Two first day draft picks means first rounders. You have Garrett....who else on that defense is 1st round worthy.

    Interested because with Philly playing so well it seems that the Browns draft pick from them could come much later than we had hoped.

    I didn't say two first day. I said five first-two-day, meaning 1st and 2nd round picks. Garrett, Hall, Evans, Watts, and at least one in a future year.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    I didn't say two first day. I said five first-two-day, meaning 1st and 2nd round picks. Garrett, Hall, Evans, Watts, and at least one in a future year.

    Uhm, well, perhaps....but right now, CBS doesn't agree with you. They see Garrett as the only above round 3 pick for 2017. Of course it is way early.

    Guys that are not on the radar get reevaluated even after the season. Look at Wentz....nowhere at all rated near a 1st round pick this early last year....he becomes #2 overall....and looking good so far.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Our last three games have been on ESPN and they've been talking up McShay's big board, which I don't see anywhere online.

    Anyway, walterfootball.com has Evans and Watts both in the second round. Daeshon Hall, just give it time. He's a 3.5 year starter, really long, pretty solid pass rusher.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Want McShay you'll probably have to pay, but they will give you teasers and sample freebies:

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2016/insider/story/_/id/15452051/cleveland-browns-headline-todd-mcshay-way-too-early-2017-mock-draft-nfl-draft

    Like the BROWNS early mock picks.

  • Our last three games have been on ESPN and they've been talking up McShay's big board, which I don't see anywhere online.

    Anyway, walterfootball.com has Evans and Watts both in the second round. Daeshon Hall, just give it time. He's a 3.5 year starter, really long, pretty solid pass rusher.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Our last three games have been on ESPN and they've been talking up McShay's big board, which I don't see anywhere online.

    Anyway, walterfootball.com has Evans and Watts both in the second round. Daeshon Hall, just give it time. He's a 3.5 year starter, really long, pretty solid pass rusher.

    I only care about them if they could be possible picks by the Browns. The Browns last foray into drafting a player from A&M was a disaster, fair to say?

  • @wargograw said:

    Our last three games have been on ESPN and they've been talking up McShay's big board, which I don't see anywhere online.

    Anyway, walterfootball.com has Evans and Watts both in the second round. Daeshon Hall, just give it time. He's a 3.5 year starter, really long, pretty solid pass rusher.

    I only care about them if they could be possible picks by the Browns. The Browns last foray into drafting a player from A&M was a disaster, fair to say?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    I only care about them if they could be possible picks by the Browns. The Browns last foray into drafting a player from A&M was a disaster, fair to say?

    OMG I actually had to actually think about that for a minute or two 😆

    All the wheeling and dealing going on and the picks kept going lower and lower in the first round to #22 which was Brady Quinn's spot also. I hear some NFL teams are still considering him now, LA?

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    NOW Gipper listens to the CBS Sports Draft Analysts...

  • NOW Gipper listens to the CBS Sports Draft Analysts...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @mld-woody said:

    NOW Gipper listens to the CBS Sports Draft Analysts...

    I have been referencing the CBS draft prospect list on here since you have been in diapers. (you are out of diapers, no?)

    I have also used such historical entities like Street and Smiths, Athlons and others before there was an internet.

  • Our last three games have been on ESPN and they've been talking up McShay's big board, which I don't see anywhere online.

    Anyway, walterfootball.com has Evans and Watts both in the second round. Daeshon Hall, just give it time. He's a 3.5 year starter, really long, pretty solid pass rusher.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @wargograw said:

    Our last three games have been on ESPN and they've been talking up McShay's big board, which I don't see anywhere online.

    Anyway, walterfootball.com has Evans and Watts both in the second round. Daeshon Hall, just give it time. He's a 3.5 year starter, really long, pretty solid pass rusher.

    I saw it's your birthday today, hope you had a good one -but- 25, whoa I thought you were much older like thirty-something. Not bad youngster! 😉
  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Thanks boss!

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Sarcasm attempt?