Skip to content

Steeler Week

The Browns Board
381 45 11.2k
  • Lol...love all the Steeler hate.

    I'll take my team being hated over being laughed at any day.

    And so should you!

  • @canton-dawg said:

    The Browns are heading into Pitt with 7 starters out.

    Cry me a river.

    Not a single one in the same territory as any of ours. I'm also not crying. You'd get slaughtered with the steelers at full strength. You will just lose on Sunday now.

    @vagitron said:

    Not a single one in the same territory as any of ours.

    Haden and Whitner are both better than any Steelers DB.

    Hawkins is a push at the #2 wr spot.

    Robertson is playing better than any Steelers LB this year - go look at PFF. You may not like it, but that's objective reality.

    Other than those 4, you're correct!

    Similarly, other than the first-and-second-round picks that Farmer has blown, he's great at drafting.

  • W Why

    @vagitron said:

    In all seriousness i expect a good game against Cleveland. However no one here has earned the right to run their mouth. Your team sucks but in AFC North fashion finds a little extra for division games. Bell, Ben and Pouncey innthe lineup you get slaughtered. Jones under center with no bell and it will be a better game but you still lose. How are you even managing to run your mouth? Most of you want o fire letting already, nevermind one of the biggest issues with the browns is a complete and total lack of continuity. We are 5-4 with Ben missing 4 games already. We lost our all pro center early and just lost our all pro rb and still managed to beat a hot Oakland team without our star quarterback when it mattered most. Resilience. You are gonna fucking lose. Xoxo

    Typical stooler fan, acting like they themselves are scoring touchdowns on Sundays. You have just as much impact on the game Sunday as any of us have, so we all have an equal right to run our mouths.

    Besides the steelers have beat one opponent over .500, and lost to the Ravens and Chiefs . . . I wouldn't exactly call that "upper echelon" . . .

    @why said:

    Typical stooler fan, acting like they themselves are scoring touchdowns on Sundays. You have just as much impact on the game Sunday as any of us have, so we all have an equal right to run our mouths.

    Besides the steelers have beat one opponent over .500, and lost to the Ravens and Chiefs . . . I wouldn't exactly call that "upper echelon" . . .

    Ben - 4 1/2 missed

    Bell - 3 games missed

    Bryant - 4 games missed

    Pouncey - 8 games missed

    Beachum - 3 games

    Annnnnd we're 5-4. How would the Bengals being doing without Dalton? Browns fans only seem to see half the picture and hear after year you delusional pricks thinks you are super bowl bound and each year about half way through you're calling for your coach to be fired.

  • @vagitron said:

    Not a single one in the same territory as any of ours.

    Haden and Whitner are both better than any Steelers DB.

    Hawkins is a push at the #2 wr spot.

    Robertson is playing better than any Steelers LB this year - go look at PFF. You may not like it, but that's objective reality.

    Other than those 4, you're correct!

    Similarly, other than the first-and-second-round picks that Farmer has blown, he's great at drafting.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Haden and Whitner are both better than any Steelers DB.

    Hawkins is a push at the #2 wr spot.

    Robertson is playing better than any Steelers LB this year - go look at PFF. You may not like it, but that's objective reality.

    Other than those 4, you're correct!

    Hawkings is not better than Brown or Bryant sorry. Haden has been getting eaten alive. Link me to a recent pff if you subscribe, I don't. I also fail to see how any of those amount to Bell and Ben being injured. Ben is top 4 according to pff, I'm not sure on Bell but he has to be up there. We are 5-4 with Ben missing nearly half the season.
  • W Why

    @vagitron said:

    In all seriousness i expect a good game against Cleveland. However no one here has earned the right to run their mouth. Your team sucks but in AFC North fashion finds a little extra for division games. Bell, Ben and Pouncey innthe lineup you get slaughtered. Jones under center with no bell and it will be a better game but you still lose. How are you even managing to run your mouth? Most of you want o fire letting already, nevermind one of the biggest issues with the browns is a complete and total lack of continuity. We are 5-4 with Ben missing 4 games already. We lost our all pro center early and just lost our all pro rb and still managed to beat a hot Oakland team without our star quarterback when it mattered most. Resilience. You are gonna fucking lose. Xoxo

    Typical stooler fan, acting like they themselves are scoring touchdowns on Sundays. You have just as much impact on the game Sunday as any of us have, so we all have an equal right to run our mouths.

    Besides the steelers have beat one opponent over .500, and lost to the Ravens and Chiefs . . . I wouldn't exactly call that "upper echelon" . . .

    @why said:

    Typical stooler fan, acting like they themselves are scoring touchdowns on Sundays. You have just as much impact on the game Sunday as any of us have, so we all have an equal right to run our mouths.

    Besides the steelers have beat one opponent over .500, and lost to the Ravens and Chiefs . . . I wouldn't exactly call that "upper echelon" . . .

    We are 5-4 with our franchise qb missing half the season. Your first statement is also a hilarious load of bs. Every fan gets invested in their team. I will be sure to police all your posts looking for the use of "we" in the future when talking about your shit team.

  • Crystal ball has the team correct this week, last week it was only right on the score....

    30-9 Browns

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Haden and Whitner are both better than any Steelers DB.

    Hawkins is a push at the #2 wr spot.

    Robertson is playing better than any Steelers LB this year - go look at PFF. You may not like it, but that's objective reality.

    Other than those 4, you're correct!

    Hawkings is not better than Brown or Bryant sorry. Haden has been getting eaten alive. Link me to a recent pff if you subscribe, I don't. I also fail to see how any of those amount to Bell and Ben being injured. Ben is top 4 according to pff, I'm not sure on Bell but he has to be up there. We are 5-4 with Ben missing nearly half the season.

    @vagitron said:

    Hawkings is not better than Brown or Bryant sorry. Haden has been getting eaten alive. Link me to a recent pff if you subscribe, I don't. I also fail to see how any of those amount to Bell and Ben being injured. Ben is top 4 according to pff, I'm not sure on Bell but he has to be up there. We are 5-4 with Ben missing nearly half the season.

    So.. you'll finish 8-8 with Ben back in the lineup.. now go douche yourself...

  • @vagitron said:

    Hawkings is not better than Brown or Bryant sorry. Haden has been getting eaten alive. Link me to a recent pff if you subscribe, I don't. I also fail to see how any of those amount to Bell and Ben being injured. Ben is top 4 according to pff, I'm not sure on Bell but he has to be up there. We are 5-4 with Ben missing nearly half the season.

    So.. you'll finish 8-8 with Ben back in the lineup.. now go douche yourself...

    @nickers said:

    So.. you'll finish 8-8 with Ben back in the lineup.. now go douche yourself...

    We play the stains and then get a bye. Ben may be back for Seattle. I've never seen a douche. I don't associate with stinky pussy.
  • @nickers said:

    So.. you'll finish 8-8 with Ben back in the lineup.. now go douche yourself...

    We play the stains and then get a bye. Ben may be back for Seattle. I've never seen a douche. I don't associate with stinky pussy.

    @vagitron said:

    We play the stains and then get a bye. Ben may be back for Seattle. I've never see a douche. I don't associate with stinky pussy.

    I really couldn't care less when the rapist comes back...We'll gladly take the challenge with, or without him... Your team is about as bad as the browns are so I wouldn't run around gloating like the pig tailed sissy you are.

  • @vagitron said:

    We play the stains and then get a bye. Ben may be back for Seattle. I've never see a douche. I don't associate with stinky pussy.

    I really couldn't care less when the rapist comes back...We'll gladly take the challenge with, or without him... Your team is about as bad as the browns are so I wouldn't run around gloating like the pig tailed sissy you are.

    @nickers said:

    I really couldn't care less when the rapist comes back...We'll gladly take the challenge with, or without him... Your team is about as bad as the browns are so I wouldn't run around gloating like the pig tailed sissy you are.

    Based on what dumb ass? Back up your bs with facts.

  • @nickers said:

    I really couldn't care less when the rapist comes back...We'll gladly take the challenge with, or without him... Your team is about as bad as the browns are so I wouldn't run around gloating like the pig tailed sissy you are.

    Based on what dumb ass? Back up your bs with facts.

    @vagitron said:

    Based on what dumb ass? Back up your bs with facts.

    I dont have to do jack you Moron...

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Haden and Whitner are both better than any Steelers DB.

    Hawkins is a push at the #2 wr spot.

    Robertson is playing better than any Steelers LB this year - go look at PFF. You may not like it, but that's objective reality.

    Other than those 4, you're correct!

    Hawkings is not better than Brown or Bryant sorry. Haden has been getting eaten alive. Link me to a recent pff if you subscribe, I don't. I also fail to see how any of those amount to Bell and Ben being injured. Ben is top 4 according to pff, I'm not sure on Bell but he has to be up there. We are 5-4 with Ben missing nearly half the season.

    @vagitron said:

    Hawkings is not better than Brown or Bryant sorry.

    Yeah Stephen Hawking can't walk let alone play football at a competitive level, Andrew Hawkins is pretty good though.

  • @vagitron said:

    Hawkings is not better than Brown or Bryant sorry.

    Yeah Stephen Hawking can't walk let alone play football at a competitive level, Andrew Hawkins is pretty good though.

    @columbusking said:

    Yeah Stephen Hawking can't walk let alone play football at a competitive level, Andrew Hawkins is pretty good though.

    Auto correct. Andrew Hawkins is a run of the mill slot receiver. If he were so great he would still be a Bengal. Hes never had more than 850 yards in any given season and he wouldn't crack the starting lineup on the steelers.

  • @vagitron said:

    Based on what dumb ass? Back up your bs with facts.

    I dont have to do jack you Moron...

    @nickers said:

    I dont have to do jack you Moron...

    Right because you never do, you just spew and watch your team lose.

  • The Soldier said:

    Steelers have starting center, starting running back and starting quarterback out.

    Now, we have a chance.

    Throw in their starting left tackle and starting corner. No reason to lose next week.

    @kent said:

    Throw in their starting left tackle and starting corner. No reason to lose next week.

    You do know their starting wr put up over 200 yards?

    @browns52 said:

    i wish, but i wouldn't bet on it. The quick slants to brown and bubble screens to brown will do us in. We still have not figured out how to stop those damn quick slants since the chargers game. They still have better weapons than us even without bell and roethlisberger...

    Yeah- get Brown & Bryant out of the game too, and we have a chance.

    @vagitron said:

    I'm not bragging. The steelers are better and you are fucking delusional. It's so comical how quickly a few of you can turn a thread around. People are talking about big Ben and his "boo boo's" and assuming it's going to be a walk in the park when the browns haven't proven they can hang with anyone in the upper echelon in their current state.

    You forgot the Browns took Denver to overtime, and would have won the damn game if McCown hadn't played like a Clown in OT.

  • @kent said:

    Throw in their starting left tackle and starting corner. No reason to lose next week.

    You do know their starting wr put up over 200 yards?

    @browns52 said:

    i wish, but i wouldn't bet on it. The quick slants to brown and bubble screens to brown will do us in. We still have not figured out how to stop those damn quick slants since the chargers game. They still have better weapons than us even without bell and roethlisberger...

    Yeah- get Brown & Bryant out of the game too, and we have a chance.

    @vagitron said:

    I'm not bragging. The steelers are better and you are fucking delusional. It's so comical how quickly a few of you can turn a thread around. People are talking about big Ben and his "boo boo's" and assuming it's going to be a walk in the park when the browns haven't proven they can hang with anyone in the upper echelon in their current state.

    You forgot the Browns took Denver to overtime, and would have won the damn game if McCown hadn't played like a Clown in OT.

    @hoorta said:

    You do know their starting wr put up over 200 yards?

    Yeah- get Brown & Bryant out of the game too, and we have a chance.

    You forgot the Browns took Denver to overtime, and would have won the damn game if McCown hadn't played like a Clown in OT.

    There is something wrong with Peyton Manning. They are undefeated because that defense and the panthers just totally ran the train. Any given Sunday which is why I expect a tough game Sunday.

  • Ordinarily, I'm super pumped about playing the Steelers. Remember last year? How much fun were those two games? I know we lost the first one, but to see us come back and almost take it...man...what a difference a year makes. This year, I hardly care anymore, and that's not me. I used to get pumped up, text all my friends, read every sliver of information about the game...and now...it's like it doesn't even matter.

    Jim Donovan, Browns announcer, made an interesting statement the other day on our radio show. He said Mike Pettine is in "job security mode", and he's trying to make the record "look a little cleaner". In other words, Pettine wants to win as many games as possible, despite the need to play some of our younger players to see what they can do. You want my guess? If McCown can even pick up a football, he'll play this weekend. And I think this because I agree with Donovan. Pettine will do anything he can to win a game or two and make the record look as good as possible so MAYBE Haslam won't can him.

    Winning games is obviously what it's all about, but not when you're 2-7 and completely out of any post season aspirations. Pettine needs to forget about starting McCown, playing Bademosi ahead of Desir and Gilbert, and has to figure out a way to get Erving into the game. We need to play our young guys so they can get real experience and so we can see what we have in them. Pettine will be tempted to start McCown because all of the sudden, this looks like a winnable game. Big Ben and Bell are both out, and we all know how the Steelers looked with Vick and Jones playing.

    Play Manziel. Play Erving. And play Gilbert. It's not about winning right now, it's about building for the future. We are a bad football team, and nobody will deny it. During the past three games, we've been outscored 55-3 in the second half...that is not a typo. We don't get off the field on 3rd down, we don't have any play makers that can score, and we don't have anyone that can get to the quarterback with any regularity. It is what it is.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Ordinarily, I'm super pumped about playing the Steelers. Remember last year? How much fun were those two games? I know we lost the first one, but to see us come back and almost take it...man...what a difference a year makes. This year, I hardly care anymore, and that's not me. I used to get pumped up, text all my friends, read every sliver of information about the game...and now...it's like it doesn't even matter.

    Jim Donovan, Browns announcer, made an interesting statement the other day on our radio show. He said Mike Pettine is in "job security mode", and he's trying to make the record "look a little cleaner". In other words, Pettine wants to win as many games as possible, despite the need to play some of our younger players to see what they can do. You want my guess? If McCown can even pick up a football, he'll play this weekend. And I think this because I agree with Donovan. Pettine will do anything he can to win a game or two and make the record look as good as possible so MAYBE Haslam won't can him.

    Winning games is obviously what it's all about, but not when you're 2-7 and completely out of any post season aspirations. Pettine needs to forget about starting McCown, playing Bademosi ahead of Desir and Gilbert, and has to figure out a way to get Erving into the game. We need to play our young guys so they can get real experience and so we can see what we have in them. Pettine will be tempted to start McCown because all of the sudden, this looks like a winnable game. Big Ben and Bell are both out, and we all know how the Steelers looked with Vick and Jones playing.

    Play Manziel. Play Erving. And play Gilbert. It's not about winning right now, it's about building for the future. We are a bad football team, and nobody will deny it. During the past three games, we've been outscored 55-3 in the second half...that is not a typo. We don't get off the field on 3rd down, we don't have any play makers that can score, and we don't have anyone that can get to the quarterback with any regularity. It is what it is.

    You're preaching to the choir. Looking at the schedule, maybe only the Ravens and 49ers games look winnable, if you're not wearing those rose colored glasses. An extra game here and there IMO won't be enough to save Mike's job if the defense continues to play like crap. Pettine said with the 10 days off, the coaches were going to go into evaluation mode. I hope Mike can evaluate that his defense positively sucks swampwater, and he needs to take it over. There has to be an evaluation as to why we're being outscored by a humongous margin in the second half. Farmer needs to send Bowe packing and bring up a young guy who actually wants to play football.

  • @nickers said:

    I dont have to do jack you Moron...

    Right because you never do, you just spew and watch your team lose.

    @vagitron said:

    Right because you never do, you just spew and watch your team lose.

    And you just spew garbage... Still waiting for lazy ass to show us some great research..I.E. Links...But you never do because your an arrogant , low life prick.

  • @vagitron said:

    Right because you never do, you just spew and watch your team lose.

    And you just spew garbage... Still waiting for lazy ass to show us some great research..I.E. Links...But you never do because your an arrogant , low life prick.

    @nickers said:

    And you just spew garbage... Still waiting for lazy ass to show us some great research..I.E. Links...But you never do because your an arrogant , low life prick.

    Links to what? I can provide all the links you want but a lot of the time I dont see a reason to go through the effort. A lot of you just fluff if it off if it goes against your belief structure.

  • Zombo said:

    Ya, we need another QB that holds teams to ten points.

    Zombo

    or a defense that can put up 31 points.

    The Soldier said:

    or a defense that can put up 31 points.

    In games McCown has taken the majority of the snaps, we have scored 28,27,27,33,26,6, and 20

    That is 5-2 if the defense holds the opponent to 25 points, and 6-1 if the defense holds the opponent to 19 points.

    But it is 1-6 because the defense sucks.

    McCown is the least of our problems.

    If you think we are losing because Hoyer is better than McCown, you are sadly mistaken.

    I suggest you watch one of the football games.

    Zombo