Paxton Lynch
-
Take him. Austin Davis is already under contract for 3 years, so there's our backup. Cut McCown and see if someone will trade their cheerleader squad for JFF.
Take him. Austin Davis is already under contract for 3 years, so there's our backup. Cut McCown and see if someone will trade their cheerleader squad for JFF.
Why would you cut McCown?
A solid veteran playing well under a friendly contract ... cut him!
Zombo
-
Was going to post this exact topic today. I spent some time yesterday and watched some of his highlights, and read a few scouting reports on him. He's definitely intriguing, but he appears to be pretty raw. I really like his size, arm strength, and insane athletic ability for someone of his stature, but something tells me he won't be ready to start year one, and that's what I think we need. Of course, I could be dead wrong, and I only know what I read about him yesterday, but I think there might be more pro ready qb's available to us. Unfortunately for us, there is no "great qb candidate" this year. I don't see a Winston or Mariota, do you guys?
-
Once more, none of our losses this season can be a laid at the feet of either quarterback.
Trade down for more second and third round players. Our track record is better with them.
WSS
-
Once more, none of our losses this season can be a laid at the feet of either quarterback.
Trade down for more second and third round players. Our track record is better with them.
WSS
.
Trade down for more second and third round players. Our track record is better with them.
WSS
Im starting to think we should just trade ALL our picks for proven players and stop trying to pick em.....better odds that way
-
.
Trade down for more second and third round players. Our track record is better with them.
WSS
Im starting to think we should just trade ALL our picks for proven players and stop trying to pick em.....better odds that way
-
.
Trade down for more second and third round players. Our track record is better with them.
WSS
Im starting to think we should just trade ALL our picks for proven players and stop trying to pick em.....better odds that way
-
-
Well not considering that there are plenty of guys looking for a paycheck who plan to coast for their last couple years in the league...
WSS
I said "proven"....not old and washed up.....
Dwayne Bowe disagrees.
Wasn't aware that we traded for Bowe.....(plus, see comment above)......
Example: We used a 4th to pick Mayle.....the Jets just used a 4th to get Brandon Marshall, NE used a 4th to get Randy Moss, Seattle used 4th & 5th for Marshawn Lynch, Jets got Percy Harvin for a 6th, Jimmy Graham just went to Seattle for a 4th.......
Last trade we made was a 7th for Andy Lee....(possibly one of our best players too).....
Cards recently got Carson Palmer for a 6th and 7th......etc etc etc....(there are many many more examples too)
Lots of good players can be had for a decent price....sure, some may not work out....but hows that draft been working for ya?....
Heck, if only we hit on 2 out of 5 trades, were are still better than our recent draft history......
-
Well we traded cap money for Bowe.
WSS
-
I see what you're saying, but my point about Dwayne Bowe was more about trading for 'proven' stars - just because they work in one place doesn't mean they're great elsewhere. Davone Bess is an example we (along with his blunts) got burnt on. Side note: stop picking up players from Miami.
I agree on Brandon Marshall, but there aren't many players who will be both available and proven quality. Carson Palmer was not 'proven' before going to AZ. Point is, assume the FAs we signed in the last year we traded a mid-round pick for. We signed them because they were 'proven' right?
-
I see what you're saying, but my point about Dwayne Bowe was more about trading for 'proven' stars - just because they work in one place doesn't mean they're great elsewhere. Davone Bess is an example we (along with his blunts) got burnt on. Side note: stop picking up players from Miami.
I agree on Brandon Marshall, but there aren't many players who will be both available and proven quality. Carson Palmer was not 'proven' before going to AZ. Point is, assume the FAs we signed in the last year we traded a mid-round pick for. We signed them because they were 'proven' right?
I see what you're saying, but my point about Dwayne Bowe was more about trading for 'proven' stars - just because they work in one place doesn't mean they're great elsewhere. Davone Bess is an example we (along with his blunts) got burnt on. Side note: stop picking up players from Miami.
I agree on Brandon Marshall, but there aren't many players who will be both available and proven quality. Carson Palmer was not 'proven' before going to AZ. Point is, assume the FAs we signed in the last year we traded a mid-round pick for. We signed them because they were 'proven' right?
We have signed old cast offs in hindsight, Tramon Williams has been useless since about week three
-
Right....and in the last 2 years we signed Whitner, Hawkins, Dansby, Williams, Starks, Austin, Hartline, Barnidge, Coons & McCown....who are all contributing.....
and we also signed Bowe &Tate, who busted.....(so....about an 80% plus hit rate).....
Now, compare that to our last 2 drafts......
I guess, bottom line, we can all come up with FA's that haven't worked out....Bess and Bowe being the most obvious busts.....but for every bad FA we have signed, I can show you 5 or more bad draft picks....to me, players that have excelled in the league might just be better bet than prospects....
So....2 really bad FA signings compared to 20 consecutive blown drafts....you can pick your poison, I guess, but Im game to try something new...cause repeating the same mistake over and over and over again doesnt seem to be working too well.....
-
I say we cut Farmer and draft long armed 6'5" De'Runnya Wilson out off Miss. State who had either 1st downs or TD's on 70% of his pass receptions in 2014.
-
I see what you're saying, but my point about Dwayne Bowe was more about trading for 'proven' stars - just because they work in one place doesn't mean they're great elsewhere. Davone Bess is an example we (along with his blunts) got burnt on. Side note: stop picking up players from Miami.
I agree on Brandon Marshall, but there aren't many players who will be both available and proven quality. Carson Palmer was not 'proven' before going to AZ. Point is, assume the FAs we signed in the last year we traded a mid-round pick for. We signed them because they were 'proven' right?
We have signed old cast offs in hindsight, Tramon Williams has been useless since about week three
We have signed old cast offs in hindsight, Tramon Williams has been useless since about week three
Ahh....but he's playing better than the one we paid a high first round pick for....and we paid nothing....right?
and, EASILY, playing the best of all our CB's......leads the team in every positive stat....
-
I say we cut Farmer and draft long armed 6'5" De'Runnya Wilson out off Miss. State who had either 1st downs or TD's on 70% of his pass receptions in 2014.
I say we cut Farmer and draft long armed 6'5" De'Runnya Wilson out off Miss. State who had either 1st downs or TD's on 70% of his pass receptions in 2014.
Those stats will *definitely* transfer to the NFL. Also, we should go get Connor Shaw, who never lost a game and had a TD:INT ratio of 26:1 or something...
-
I say we cut Farmer and draft long armed 6'5" De'Runnya Wilson out off Miss. State who had either 1st downs or TD's on 70% of his pass receptions in 2014.
I say we cut Farmer and draft long armed 6'5" De'Runnya Wilson out off Miss. State who had either 1st downs or TD's on 70% of his pass receptions in 2014.
Wait one cotton picking second......are you actually recommending a player that isnt from A&M?......I guess miracles DO happen....

-
It's a possibility.
As staunch of a supporter as I've been of this regime, I have the feeling we'll have a new coach and GM soon. So, in that thinking, I say we promote Scheiner, keep Flip, draft Lynch, and fucking let it ride.
-
I say we cut Farmer and draft long armed 6'5" De'Runnya Wilson out off Miss. State who had either 1st downs or TD's on 70% of his pass receptions in 2014.
Those stats will *definitely* transfer to the NFL. Also, we should go get Connor Shaw, who never lost a game and had a TD:INT ratio of 26:1 or something...
-
We HAVE to get a franchise QB or we go absolutely nowhere with
this team. I don't know if it is Goff. Lynch,Cook,or whomever but we
need a QB. A good QB lifts the rest of the team.I haven't seen Lynch
play but he is rising in the scouting reports I have read. I have seen
Cook play quite a few games and he is impressive. Very accurate
passer.I 've seen Goff only twice and he didn't overwhelm me but
neither did David Carr when I only saw him in a few games.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login