McCown To Start Vs. Steelers If Healthy
-
The guy who's mommy didn't want him playing for Cleveland? PassBlake Bortles started last year. They're still losing but he throws a ton to Robinson and Hurns! Derek Carr is getting better and Cooper and Crabtree are both scoring touchdowns. No matter who starts for the Browns next year they'd better get some weapons. I'm sick of watching all the players we passed on become NFL studs. Why couldn't the Browns at least have drafted Devin Smith from Ohio State. They got Mayle and let him go!
-
But Devin Smith is low in the pecking order. I was throwing a name out. Someone that would eventually be the number 1. You have to draft someone. I said Smith cuz he's going to be good down the road as Marshall @ Decker get older.
We didn't have to take them in the 1st round but Mayle isn't even on the team and Haslam was bragging about Mayle last August!
-
-
McCown probably does give us the best chance to win, but wouldn't it also be nice to see what Manziel can do with a full week of practice as the starter AND all of our WR's healthy? How is the kid supposed to get any better from the pocket if he doesn't get game experience? And why doesn't Pettien acknowledge this? I don't get it. And get Duke Johnson the damn ball.
-
McCown probably does give us the best chance to win, but wouldn't it also be nice to see what Manziel can do with a full week of practice as the starter AND all of our WR's healthy? How is the kid supposed to get any better from the pocket if he doesn't get game experience? And why doesn't Pettien acknowledge this? I don't get it. And get Duke Johnson the damn ball.
McCown probably does give us the best chance to win,.....How is the kid supposed to get any better from the pocket if he doesn't get game experience? And why doesn't Pettien acknowledge this? I don't get it. ......
Pettine has said....over and over again.....its his job to win on Sunday. Period.
Why would he care to develop a guy for next year, if he's gonna get fired for losing this year?.....I dont get that....
-
But Pettine has not been given any indication he WILL be fired. If Manziel plays, struggles at first, but then looks better and better to close the year...I think that gives Pettine the best chance to come back. And frankly, it's not the OFFENSE that has gotten Pettine in this mess. Pettine needs to start Johnny and fix his awful defense if he wants to come back.
-
At this point it's moot- Pettine clearly favors McCown so we'll see him out there for the rest of the season if healthy. I think in this whole thread both sides of the argument have valid points, but it'll come out in the wash by the end of the season how the organization feels about coaches and their decisions.
-
We have McCown for a couple more years anyway.
I love McCown just for the effort he's put in. He's played pretty well, lots of good, some bad - but the guy is a great leader no doubt. Sometimes it looks like he's the only one that wants to play on the field.
What's the status on Haden and Whitner? I'd expect at least Whitner to clear the concussion protocol in 2 weeks time.
-
LOL he'd be making more difference than the POS Blowe- and be a damnsite cheaper to boot.
But what kind of difference?
Disappointing Devin Smith may have cost Jets a game
http://nypost.com/2015/11/13/disappointing-devin-smith-may-have-cost-jets-a-game/
On the bright side he is 6'1...
-
We have McCown for a couple more years anyway.
I love McCown just for the effort he's put in. He's played pretty well, lots of good, some bad - but the guy is a great leader no doubt. Sometimes it looks like he's the only one that wants to play on the field.
What's the status on Haden and Whitner? I'd expect at least Whitner to clear the concussion protocol in 2 weeks time.
-
Can't believe Haden is still out....it wasn't a HUGE blow to the head. More awkward than anything. Idk.....not saying he's faking anything, but something has been off about him all season. All the way down to his demeanor.
-
-
Can't believe Haden is still out....it wasn't a HUGE blow to the head. More awkward than anything. Idk.....not saying he's faking anything, but something has been off about him all season. All the way down to his demeanor.
Can't believe Haden is still out....it wasn't a HUGE blow to the head. More awkward than anything. Idk.....not saying he's faking anything, but something has been off about him all season. All the way down to his demeanor.
It's ok.....Desir has been playing better anyhow.....I say we just roll with him for now, cause an injured Haden hasn't got it done yet...
And no Bademosi please.....justin time gilbert is ready to go....
And, if Pettine plays Gaines ahead of him, I think I might just lose my mind....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login