Schwartz, the #1 RT in the NFL
-
who was it...that referred to him as "garbage" ?
-
Not all is wrong with this team - or with the player development.
PFF just today released their midseason All-Pro team.. and Schwartz is the #1 RT in all the land.
why is then the majority of McCowns kill shots have come from the right side? Can't all be on Greco. I dunno about these PFF people. I smell bullshit. I've seen Schwartz give real mean looks to edge rushers as they wheeled around him untouched on their way to dropping bombs on our QB that defensive players routinely masturbate to the prospect of.
why is then the majority of McCowns kill shots have come from the right side? Can't all be on Greco. I dunno about these PFF people. I smell bullshit. I've seen Schwartz give real mean looks to edge rushers as they wheeled around him untouched on their way to dropping bombs on our QB that defensive players routinely masturbate to the prospect of.
Not all sacks are due to olineman mistakes. Coverage sacks and QB Holding onto the ball too long contribute as well..
-
why is then the majority of McCowns kill shots have come from the right side? Can't all be on Greco. I dunno about these PFF people. I smell bullshit. I've seen Schwartz give real mean looks to edge rushers as they wheeled around him untouched on their way to dropping bombs on our QB that defensive players routinely masturbate to the prospect of.
Not all sacks are due to olineman mistakes. Coverage sacks and QB Holding onto the ball too long contribute as well..
Not all sacks are due to olineman mistakes. Coverage sacks and QB Holding onto the ball too long contribute as well..
Yeah, seems to me McCown has all day to throw, then still doesn't. There's only so long even a great OL can hold of 4-5 pass rushers, let alone a strong blitz. Couple with our 'all-star' cast of wide receivers - hint, play a relatively deep safety so as not to get 'banjamined' and they'll struggle to get open - and you can see why sacks come that aren't a product of bad OL play.
I'm more confused about rushing though, since we seem to not be able to run the ball.
-
if he's the #1 RT in the league.........goes to show you how bad our RBs are or play-calling for that matter.
-
This whole thing, though, just makes our failures in the run game more frustrating. Passing, sure, I get it, but we should be able to run the ball with those guys.
-
Camp Schwartz accepts the honor.
Two tackles who are premier and never a miss a sanap ... and we are blowing the opportunity.
I think if we get McCown back in there we can still win a lot of football games this year. Laugh all you want, but I think we'll have a winning record in the second half of the season, this team has more talent that it is credited for. Pittsburgh is #1 on the hit list.
Zombo
-
Z what the hell are you drinking or smoking these days? Yeah we should beat a banged up Pitt, but winning record in the second half? The D will have to go through transformation school for that to happen.
-
7 games left, including this week against the steelers, vs ravens, vs 49ers, there's three very winnable games. We'll also host the bengals and steelers.
going 4-3 isn't crazy.
-
Z what the hell are you drinking or smoking these days? Yeah we should beat a banged up Pitt, but winning record in the second half? The D will have to go through transformation school for that to happen.
Z what the hell are you drinking or smoking these days? Yeah we should beat a banged up Pitt, but winning record in the second half? The D will have to go through transformation school for that to happen.
That is my hidden hope. I haven't completely written off the D yet.
Zombo
-
Irving starts Sunday doesn't he, interesting to see how our first round O lineman does...
-
Irving starts Sunday doesn't he, interesting to see how our first round O lineman does...
Irving starts Sunday doesn't he, interesting to see how our first round O lineman does...
Yep, Bitonio's out. That one snuck under the radar.
-
Irving starts Sunday doesn't he, interesting to see how our first round O lineman does...
Irving starts Sunday doesn't he, interesting to see how our first round O lineman does...
Yeah, he is playing LG, maybe he has a good game. He certainly is going to make somebody expendable if he plays well, probably Mack.
Zombo
-
Irving starts Sunday doesn't he, interesting to see how our first round O lineman does...
Yeah, he is playing LG, maybe he has a good game. He certainly is going to make somebody expendable if he plays well, probably Mack.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Yeah, he is playing LG, maybe he has a good game. He certainly is going to make somebody expendable if he plays well, probably Mack.
Zombo
I hope you are right about Erving but wrong about Mack. Knee or leg injuries are tricky things and sometimes take more than a year to fully recover, especially when being tested by 300 + lb guys trying to knock you down. I still hold out hope that at least by next summer he has fully regained his All-Pro playing ability. A quarter step slower in this league may as well be a mile wide gap. At least this year so far gets him resigned with us.
-
Z what the hell are you drinking or smoking these days? Yeah we should beat a banged up Pitt, but winning record in the second half? The D will have to go through transformation school for that to happen.
That is my hidden hope. I haven't completely written off the D yet.
Zombo
-
Not all is wrong with this team - or with the player development.
PFF just today released their midseason All-Pro team.. and Schwartz is the #1 RT in all the land.
Not all is wrong with this team - or with the player development.
PFF just today released their midseason All-Pro team.. and Schwartz is the #1 RT in all the land.
So.............................the Browns have a GREAT LT, an All-Pro C and a top-rated RT AND THEY STILL CAN'T RUN THE BALL!!!!
And people tell me the RBs don't suck.........................................
-
Not all is wrong with this team - or with the player development.
PFF just today released their midseason All-Pro team.. and Schwartz is the #1 RT in all the land.
So.............................the Browns have a GREAT LT, an All-Pro C and a top-rated RT AND THEY STILL CAN'T RUN THE BALL!!!!
And people tell me the RBs don't suck.........................................
So.............................the Browns have a GREAT LT, an All-Pro C and a top-rated RT AND THEY STILL CAN'T RUN THE BALL!!!!
And people tell me the RBs don't suck.........................................
Mack maybe not an all-pro this year, but Bitonio may be capable of a pro bowl this year too.
Also we have no servicable lead blockers and the TEs are shaky.
-
Zombo said:
Yeah, he is playing LG, maybe he has a good game. He certainly is going to make somebody expendable if he plays well, probably Mack.
Zombo
I hope you are right about Erving but wrong about Mack. Knee or leg injuries are tricky things and sometimes take more than a year to fully recover, especially when being tested by 300 + lb guys trying to knock you down. I still hold out hope that at least by next summer he has fully regained his All-Pro playing ability. A quarter step slower in this league may as well be a mile wide gap. At least this year so far gets him resigned with us.
I hope you are right about Erving but wrong about Mack. Knee or leg injuries are tricky things and sometimes take more than a year to fully recover, especially when being tested by 300 + lb guys trying to knock you down. I still hold out hope that at least by next summer he has fully regained his All-Pro playing ability. A quarter step slower in this league may as well be a mile wide gap. At least this year so far gets him resigned with us.
I was thinking more of his contract situation than anything else.
Zombo
-
I hope you are right about Erving but wrong about Mack. Knee or leg injuries are tricky things and sometimes take more than a year to fully recover, especially when being tested by 300 + lb guys trying to knock you down. I still hold out hope that at least by next summer he has fully regained his All-Pro playing ability. A quarter step slower in this league may as well be a mile wide gap. At least this year so far gets him resigned with us.
I was thinking more of his contract situation than anything else.
Zombo
-
Zombo said:
I was thinking more of his contract situation than anything else.
Anyone willing to pay him the money in 2016 will have to be banking on his "continued recovery" that we are forced to hope for.
I don't see teams doing that.
Anyone willing to pay him the money in 2016 will have to be banking on his "continued recovery" that we are forced to hope for.
I don't see teams doing that.
I feel like he will get better as the year goes on. I also feel like he doesn't really want to be in Cleveland. Just a hunch, but I think he moves on, and i think we let him.
Zombo
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login