Skip to content

Schwartz, the #1 RT in the NFL

The Browns Board
54 23 1.4k
  • if he's the #1 RT in the league.........goes to show you how bad our RBs are or play-calling for that matter.

  • This whole thing, though, just makes our failures in the run game more frustrating. Passing, sure, I get it, but we should be able to run the ball with those guys.

  • Camp Schwartz accepts the honor.

    Two tackles who are premier and never a miss a sanap ... and we are blowing the opportunity.

    I think if we get McCown back in there we can still win a lot of football games this year. Laugh all you want, but I think we'll have a winning record in the second half of the season, this team has more talent that it is credited for. Pittsburgh is #1 on the hit list.

    Zombo

  • Z what the hell are you drinking or smoking these days? Yeah we should beat a banged up Pitt, but winning record in the second half? The D will have to go through transformation school for that to happen.

  • 7 games left, including this week against the steelers, vs ravens, vs 49ers, there's three very winnable games. We'll also host the bengals and steelers.

    going 4-3 isn't crazy.

  • Z what the hell are you drinking or smoking these days? Yeah we should beat a banged up Pitt, but winning record in the second half? The D will have to go through transformation school for that to happen.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Z what the hell are you drinking or smoking these days? Yeah we should beat a banged up Pitt, but winning record in the second half? The D will have to go through transformation school for that to happen.

    That is my hidden hope. I haven't completely written off the D yet.

    Zombo

  • Irving starts Sunday doesn't he, interesting to see how our first round O lineman does...

  • Irving starts Sunday doesn't he, interesting to see how our first round O lineman does...

    @londonbrown said:

    Irving starts Sunday doesn't he, interesting to see how our first round O lineman does...

    Yep, Bitonio's out. That one snuck under the radar.

  • Irving starts Sunday doesn't he, interesting to see how our first round O lineman does...

    @londonbrown said:

    Irving starts Sunday doesn't he, interesting to see how our first round O lineman does...

    Yeah, he is playing LG, maybe he has a good game. He certainly is going to make somebody expendable if he plays well, probably Mack.

    Zombo

  • Schwartz...

    ... and some where Ghoulie's head explodes...

  • @londonbrown said:

    Irving starts Sunday doesn't he, interesting to see how our first round O lineman does...

    Yeah, he is playing LG, maybe he has a good game. He certainly is going to make somebody expendable if he plays well, probably Mack.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Yeah, he is playing LG, maybe he has a good game. He certainly is going to make somebody expendable if he plays well, probably Mack.

    Zombo

    I hope you are right about Erving but wrong about Mack. Knee or leg injuries are tricky things and sometimes take more than a year to fully recover, especially when being tested by 300 + lb guys trying to knock you down. I still hold out hope that at least by next summer he has fully regained his All-Pro playing ability. A quarter step slower in this league may as well be a mile wide gap. At least this year so far gets him resigned with us.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Z what the hell are you drinking or smoking these days? Yeah we should beat a banged up Pitt, but winning record in the second half? The D will have to go through transformation school for that to happen.

    That is my hidden hope. I haven't completely written off the D yet.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    That is my hidden hope. I haven't completely written off the D yet.

    Zombo

    For that to happen.. O'neil needs to be reigned back.. Pettine needs to cut out the cute shit , and simplify the scheme , and just let them ball.

  • Not all is wrong with this team - or with the player development.

    PFF just today released their midseason All-Pro team.. and Schwartz is the #1 RT in all the land.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Not all is wrong with this team - or with the player development.

    PFF just today released their midseason All-Pro team.. and Schwartz is the #1 RT in all the land.

    So.............................the Browns have a GREAT LT, an All-Pro C and a top-rated RT AND THEY STILL CAN'T RUN THE BALL!!!!

    And people tell me the RBs don't suck.........................................

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Not all is wrong with this team - or with the player development.

    PFF just today released their midseason All-Pro team.. and Schwartz is the #1 RT in all the land.

    So.............................the Browns have a GREAT LT, an All-Pro C and a top-rated RT AND THEY STILL CAN'T RUN THE BALL!!!!

    And people tell me the RBs don't suck.........................................

    @chicopee-john said:

    So.............................the Browns have a GREAT LT, an All-Pro C and a top-rated RT AND THEY STILL CAN'T RUN THE BALL!!!!

    And people tell me the RBs don't suck.........................................

    Mack maybe not an all-pro this year, but Bitonio may be capable of a pro bowl this year too.

    Also we have no servicable lead blockers and the TEs are shaky.

  • Zombo said:

    Yeah, he is playing LG, maybe he has a good game. He certainly is going to make somebody expendable if he plays well, probably Mack.

    Zombo

    I hope you are right about Erving but wrong about Mack. Knee or leg injuries are tricky things and sometimes take more than a year to fully recover, especially when being tested by 300 + lb guys trying to knock you down. I still hold out hope that at least by next summer he has fully regained his All-Pro playing ability. A quarter step slower in this league may as well be a mile wide gap. At least this year so far gets him resigned with us.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I hope you are right about Erving but wrong about Mack. Knee or leg injuries are tricky things and sometimes take more than a year to fully recover, especially when being tested by 300 + lb guys trying to knock you down. I still hold out hope that at least by next summer he has fully regained his All-Pro playing ability. A quarter step slower in this league may as well be a mile wide gap. At least this year so far gets him resigned with us.

    I was thinking more of his contract situation than anything else.

    Zombo

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I hope you are right about Erving but wrong about Mack. Knee or leg injuries are tricky things and sometimes take more than a year to fully recover, especially when being tested by 300 + lb guys trying to knock you down. I still hold out hope that at least by next summer he has fully regained his All-Pro playing ability. A quarter step slower in this league may as well be a mile wide gap. At least this year so far gets him resigned with us.

    I was thinking more of his contract situation than anything else.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I was thinking more of his contract situation than anything else.

    Anyone willing to pay him the money in 2016 will have to be banking on his "continued recovery" that we are forced to hope for.

    I don't see teams doing that.

  • Zombo said:

    I was thinking more of his contract situation than anything else.

    Anyone willing to pay him the money in 2016 will have to be banking on his "continued recovery" that we are forced to hope for.

    I don't see teams doing that.

    @tour2ma said:

    Anyone willing to pay him the money in 2016 will have to be banking on his "continued recovery" that we are forced to hope for.

    I don't see teams doing that.

    I feel like he will get better as the year goes on. I also feel like he doesn't really want to be in Cleveland. Just a hunch, but I think he moves on, and i think we let him.

    Zombo

  • @chicopee-john said:

    So.............................the Browns have a GREAT LT, an All-Pro C and a top-rated RT AND THEY STILL CAN'T RUN THE BALL!!!!

    And people tell me the RBs don't suck.........................................

    Mack maybe not an all-pro this year, but Bitonio may be capable of a pro bowl this year too.

    Also we have no servicable lead blockers and the TEs are shaky.

    @bbedward said:

    Mack maybe not an all-pro this year, but Bitonio may be capable of a pro bowl this year too.

    Also we have no servicable lead blockers and the TEs are shaky.

    So the RBs are just fine, right?

  • @bbedward said:

    Mack maybe not an all-pro this year, but Bitonio may be capable of a pro bowl this year too.

    Also we have no servicable lead blockers and the TEs are shaky.

    So the RBs are just fine, right?

    @chicopee-john said:

    So the RBs are just fine, right?

    No, we just cut the next Jim Brown. (Turbin)

  • The problem I have with these "individual" evaluations are an O-Line is more than individuals and one break down can greatly affect the outcome of the game. The metrics don't really take into account that 5 yard false start that puts the team in 3rd in 10 instead of 3rd and 5, takes you out of field goal range, when you're down 2 may cripple a team.