Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Tribe Board
  3. Hafner blast

Hafner blast

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Tribe Board
6 Posts 3 Posters 790 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Oldcrow1945 Oldcrow1945O
    • 1k Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    He hit his first one of Spring training tonight. Smashed a hanging curve over the left center wall.

    I'm watching the Tribe as I write. Crowe stroked a single to left and ended up scoring on a Choo sac fly.

    Brady stroked a single that same innings. So did Marte

    Pavano started out shakey but looks like he has settled in.

    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote! - "Ben Franklin"
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Masters ?
      • Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      ? Masters wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Had another blast today. Timing is coming around for Pronk

      Oldcrow1945O 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • ? Guest

        Had another blast today. Timing is coming around for Pronk

        Oldcrow1945 Oldcrow1945O
        • 1k Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by Oldcrow1945
        #3

        Masters said:

        Had another blast today. Timing is coming around for Pronk

        HEY, HEY!!! Great news! Now I'm feeling better.

        Could you imagine if he would have season numbers along these lines? .292 Average. 36 HR's. 128 RBI.

        With Sizemore, Derosa, Victor, Choo, Peralta and Garko hitting around him?

        But what is even more exciting to me is the thought of Laporta and a back to Form Hafner hitting next to or even close to each other. I hope it happens soon. Laporta needs to go to Triple A and show them that they just can't keep him down.

        Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote! - "Ben Franklin"
        ? 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945

          Masters said:

          Had another blast today. Timing is coming around for Pronk

          HEY, HEY!!! Great news! Now I'm feeling better.

          Could you imagine if he would have season numbers along these lines? .292 Average. 36 HR's. 128 RBI.

          With Sizemore, Derosa, Victor, Choo, Peralta and Garko hitting around him?

          But what is even more exciting to me is the thought of Laporta and a back to Form Hafner hitting next to or even close to each other. I hope it happens soon. Laporta needs to go to Triple A and show them that they just can't keep him down.

          Masters ?
          • Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          ? Masters wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @oldcrow1945 said:

          HEY, HEY!!! Great news! Now I'm feeling better.

          Could you imagine if he would have season numbers along these lines? .292 Average. 36 HR's. 128 RBI.

          With Sizemore, Derosa, Victor, Choo, Peralta and Garko hitting around him?

          But what is even more exciting to me is the thought of Laporta and a back to Form Hafner hitting next to or even close to each other. I hope it happens soon. Laporta needs to go to Triple A and show them that they just can't keep him down.

          It will be quite the lineup and even w/o Pronk is. Right now it is penciled in as

          Grady

          DeRosa

          Jhonny P

          Hafner

          Martinez

          Choo

          Francisco

          Garko

          Asdrubal

          I am not as excited about Leporta and am not sold on him. Even less after seeing him at spring training. When I looked at him, he still looks like a college player. Not to mention he two hopped balls from the outfield to the cutoff man. I think Brantley will be the better player out of that deal. I think Mills will end up getting to the Tribe big league roster before Leporta does.

          ClevelandFanForLifeC 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • ? Guest

            @oldcrow1945 said:

            HEY, HEY!!! Great news! Now I'm feeling better.

            Could you imagine if he would have season numbers along these lines? .292 Average. 36 HR's. 128 RBI.

            With Sizemore, Derosa, Victor, Choo, Peralta and Garko hitting around him?

            But what is even more exciting to me is the thought of Laporta and a back to Form Hafner hitting next to or even close to each other. I hope it happens soon. Laporta needs to go to Triple A and show them that they just can't keep him down.

            It will be quite the lineup and even w/o Pronk is. Right now it is penciled in as

            Grady

            DeRosa

            Jhonny P

            Hafner

            Martinez

            Choo

            Francisco

            Garko

            Asdrubal

            I am not as excited about Leporta and am not sold on him. Even less after seeing him at spring training. When I looked at him, he still looks like a college player. Not to mention he two hopped balls from the outfield to the cutoff man. I think Brantley will be the better player out of that deal. I think Mills will end up getting to the Tribe big league roster before Leporta does.

            ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 2k Posts
            • 100 Reputation
            ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Masters said:

            Grady

            DeRosa

            Jhonny P

            Hafner

            Martinez

            Choo

            Francisco

            Garko

            Asdrubal

            there is no way that martinez bats 5th. i heard yesterday that he wants to put hafner at 3, victor at 4 and jhonny at 5. expect to see that.

            once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
            ? 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife

              Masters said:

              Grady

              DeRosa

              Jhonny P

              Hafner

              Martinez

              Choo

              Francisco

              Garko

              Asdrubal

              there is no way that martinez bats 5th. i heard yesterday that he wants to put hafner at 3, victor at 4 and jhonny at 5. expect to see that.

              Masters ?
              • Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              ? Masters wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @clevelandfanforlife said:

              there is no way that martinez bats 5th. i heard yesterday that he wants to put hafner at 3, victor at 4 and jhonny at 5. expect to see that.

              I was surprised to see it too. I figure Vic batting 3 or 4. But that is what baseball tonight listed last night in the AL central review, after talkig with Wedge.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

              Register Login
              Reply
              • Reply as topic
              Log in to reply
              • Oldest to Newest
              • Newest to Oldest
              • Most Votes


              Theme
              • System
              • Light
              • Dark
              The Browns Board Terms Privacy

              The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Forums
              • Recent
              • Popular
              • Users
              • Donate