Skip to content

Joe Smith

The Tribe Board
5 5 737
  • Wow....He looked solid tonight! His movement is just sick!

    A funny thing happened tonight.....Shoppach set up way outside and Smith missed badly....the ball started out and even fooled Shoppach who had to reach back across the plate to the inside to catch it.......The break on the ball was fantastic. The Ump blew the call. Called it a ball and the ball ended up almost down the middle. The plate umpire talked to Carl Willis after the inning and it was obvious he was telling him he had missed the call. I think the pitch surprised everyone.

    Another arm that will solidify this bullpen.

  • Wow....He looked solid tonight! His movement is just sick!

    A funny thing happened tonight.....Shoppach set up way outside and Smith missed badly....the ball started out and even fooled Shoppach who had to reach back across the plate to the inside to catch it.......The break on the ball was fantastic. The Ump blew the call. Called it a ball and the ball ended up almost down the middle. The plate umpire talked to Carl Willis after the inning and it was obvious he was telling him he had missed the call. I think the pitch surprised everyone.

    Another arm that will solidify this bullpen.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Wow....He looked solid tonight! His movement is just sick!

    A funny thing happened tonight.....Shoppach set up way outside and Smith missed badly....the ball started out and even fooled Shoppach who had to reach back across the plate to the inside to catch it.......The break on the ball was fantastic. The Ump blew the call. Called it a ball and the ball ended up almost down the middle. The plate umpire talked to Carl Willis after the inning and it was obvious he was telling him he had missed the call. I think the pitch surprised everyone.

    Another arm that will solidify this bullpen.

    championship

  • Wow....He looked solid tonight! His movement is just sick!

    A funny thing happened tonight.....Shoppach set up way outside and Smith missed badly....the ball started out and even fooled Shoppach who had to reach back across the plate to the inside to catch it.......The break on the ball was fantastic. The Ump blew the call. Called it a ball and the ball ended up almost down the middle. The plate umpire talked to Carl Willis after the inning and it was obvious he was telling him he had missed the call. I think the pitch surprised everyone.

    Another arm that will solidify this bullpen.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Wow....He looked solid tonight! His movement is just sick!

    A funny thing happened tonight.....Shoppach set up way outside and Smith missed badly....the ball started out and even fooled Shoppach who had to reach back across the plate to the inside to catch it.......The break on the ball was fantastic. The Ump blew the call. Called it a ball and the ball ended up almost down the middle. The plate umpire talked to Carl Willis after the inning and it was obvious he was telling him he had missed the call. I think the pitch surprised everyone.

    Another arm that will solidify this bullpen.

    Hah! I saw that. The few Mets fans I know were sick to lose this guy.

    Beanpot

  • @oldcrow1945 said:

    Wow....He looked solid tonight! His movement is just sick!

    A funny thing happened tonight.....Shoppach set up way outside and Smith missed badly....the ball started out and even fooled Shoppach who had to reach back across the plate to the inside to catch it.......The break on the ball was fantastic. The Ump blew the call. Called it a ball and the ball ended up almost down the middle. The plate umpire talked to Carl Willis after the inning and it was obvious he was telling him he had missed the call. I think the pitch surprised everyone.

    Another arm that will solidify this bullpen.

    Hah! I saw that. The few Mets fans I know were sick to lose this guy.

    Beanpot

    @beanpot said:

    Hah! I saw that. The few Mets fans I know were sick to lose this guy.

    Beanpot

    I'd just be sick if I was a Mets fan...lol

    Seems like a running theme with this offseason. Mets fans are sick over CLE snagging Smith and Cubs fans are sick over CLE snagggin DeRosa.

  • @oldcrow1945 said:

    Wow....He looked solid tonight! His movement is just sick!

    A funny thing happened tonight.....Shoppach set up way outside and Smith missed badly....the ball started out and even fooled Shoppach who had to reach back across the plate to the inside to catch it.......The break on the ball was fantastic. The Ump blew the call. Called it a ball and the ball ended up almost down the middle. The plate umpire talked to Carl Willis after the inning and it was obvious he was telling him he had missed the call. I think the pitch surprised everyone.

    Another arm that will solidify this bullpen.

    Hah! I saw that. The few Mets fans I know were sick to lose this guy.

    Beanpot

    @beanpot said:

    Hah! I saw that. The few Mets fans I know were sick to lose this guy.

    Beanpot

    How many of them would trade Putz back for him though?

    I'm just hoping he can give us some consistent 1-2-3 innings. I love, love Perez-Lewis-Wood...but I don't like counting on all 5 starters to get us to the 7th inning. Haven't seen enough of Smith yet, but if he's as good as advertised and Betancourt (the bullpen's Cliff Lee) bounces back...this could be our biggest strength outside of center field.