Skip to content

2016 DRAFT who's your boy?

The Browns Board
92 31 2.8k
  • Bosa and Elliott I'd be happy with, depending on where we pick. But it's all gonna come down to what Johnny can do in the next six games, and whether we need to take a QB.

  • 69, Garrett ain't no top 5 pick anymore. Not at the moment.

    @wargograw said:

    69, Garrett ain't no top 5 pick anymore. Not at the moment.

    Every team now schemes for him in 3 ways. First and foremost, extremely short passing game to get the ball out within 2 seconds or less. 2nd double and triple team and 3rd run a lot against our sorry LB crew up the middle. They also try to roll out to the other side a lot and throw/run off that. They do similar things to Bosa now too (without the sorry LB statement), but it does not appear to be hurting his draft stock. Bosa has a better D crew to work with right now than does Garrett, and frankly not near the caliber of opponent week to week. He'll go high anyway. So I'll stand by my top 5 and likely top 3.

  • As you can imagine dont get to see much college ball here but that Treadwell WR looks a stud, I very much doubt we'd take a WR that high though.

  • As you can imagine dont get to see much college ball here but that Treadwell WR looks a stud, I very much doubt we'd take a WR that high though.

    @londonbrown said:

    As you can imagine dont get to see much college ball here but that Treadwell WR looks a stud, I very much doubt we'd take a WR that high though.

    Have you seen *any* coverage? I don't remember any even for the playoffs.

  • @londonbrown said:

    As you can imagine dont get to see much college ball here but that Treadwell WR looks a stud, I very much doubt we'd take a WR that high though.

    Have you seen *any* coverage? I don't remember any even for the playoffs.

    @gftchris said:

    Have you seen *any* coverage? I don't remember any even for the playoffs.

    Yeah I have a bit as I have BT/ESPN.

    I also have an android box with Kodi on now and all the US Sports channels are on there, best £40 I've ever spent!

  • It's on BT? OK, interesting. I have Sky, so don't get as much. I use Mobdro which gets US channels though.

  • Yeah BT show college games every Saturday. Modbro looks similar to what I use, hadn't heard of it til now.

  • Bosa's TFL stats I did not know, and they are mind blowing. So not only is he one of the most elite pass rushers over the past few years but he actually has the most TFL's by a defensive player than anyone in college the last few years? Did I read that right? I mean I knew he had absolute textbook form holding lineman off of him and getting to the runner, I just didn't realize he led everybody. Wow. A run stopping DE/DL? Also potentially can be used as a dropback DE or hybrid OLB'er in a zone....don't they call these kids 5 tools or something? I mean this fucker is ridiculous.

    We cannot let this dude land in the north somewhere other than Cleveland.

  • @mark-o said:

    Too early to answer this question..not that I'd have a real serious opinion one way or another. But we have to wait and see what the next 6 (hopefully) games bring from Johnny to know whether he's the guy for next year or if we're looking for a QB.

    Best case scenario in my opinion....Johnny plays well each week, some ups and downs are to be expected but he puts up good numbers and makes good decisions and we win a few, 3-3 is not a ridiculous expectation. If he plays well, regardless of the record, we don't need a QB in round 1 next year and we can draft a QB eating linebacker from jerkwater A&M.

    LOL-well my A&M has crappy LB's so please don't get them from there. Now 2017 with DE Garrett is a totally different story. Find a way to trade up for him.

    I'd have no problem with Bosa, but if he is gone then Treadwell for sure. Elliott will go in the 1st, but Henry is a big power back with breakaway speed we should take early 2nd round regardless of who we take in the 1st (unless it's Elliott). This team desperately needs a big powerful straitaway back to put fear in LB's and open up JM's PA options.

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL-well my A&M has crappy LB's so please don't get them from there. Now 2017 with DE Garrett is a totally different story. Find a way to trade up for him.

    I'd have no problem with Bosa, but if he is gone then Treadwell for sure. Elliott will go in the 1st, but Henry is a big power back with breakaway speed we should take early 2nd round regardless of who we take in the 1st (unless it's Elliott). This team desperately needs a big powerful straitaway back to put fear in LB's and open up JM's PA options.

    We are done drafting fucking Alabama RBs in the first round.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    LOL-well my A&M has crappy LB's so please don't get them from there. Now 2017 with DE Garrett is a totally different story. Find a way to trade up for him.

    I'd have no problem with Bosa, but if he is gone then Treadwell for sure. Elliott will go in the 1st, but Henry is a big power back with breakaway speed we should take early 2nd round regardless of who we take in the 1st (unless it's Elliott). This team desperately needs a big powerful straitaway back to put fear in LB's and open up JM's PA options.

    We are done drafting fucking Alabama RBs in the first round.

    @the-gipper said:

    We are done drafting fucking Alabama RBs in the first round.

    GB did just fine with Lacy and Henry has a lot more in common with him than he does with "Tiny" Richardson.

  • I think it's safe to say that we're going to have a top five pick. Honestly, we could easily have the #1 or #2 pick, as I don't see too many games we can win, and Johnny simply doesn't have the running game or viable weapons to help him score touchdowns. Johnny made some progress, but he's going to struggle more this year. Defensive coordinators will be all over him once more tape is available, and we'll have to adjust on the fly. And adjusting on the fly, isn't exactly what our team is good at.

    So let's say we have the #4 pick, just as an example. I do like Bosa, and I like how disruptive he is. But the guy I really like and think has the most upside is my alma mater's very own Jalen Ramsey. He's a playmaking machine, and I think he can be a force in the NFL. I expect him to move to safety, but he might remain at corner. Regardless, he's an excellent blitzer, tackler, and is prone for big plays. I completely realize that taking a safety/corner that high seems nuts, and maybe it is...but he's the guy I want. And I want him BADLY.

    Is Josh Gordon back? Can he finally keep his head out of his ass? A betting man would say no, but there's always a chance. If we cut ties with him, which makes no sense, maybe we look at Laquon Treadwell at WR? 6'2 and plays bigger than his size. A true #1 WR option, which is what this team so desperately needs.

    I'd rather have a healthy Josh Gordon, but we all know too well the risks he brings.

  • @the-gipper said:

    We are done drafting fucking Alabama RBs in the first round.

    GB did just fine with Lacy and Henry has a lot more in common with him than he does with "Tiny" Richardson.

    @texasag1969 said:

    GB did just fine with Lacy and Henry has a lot more in common with him than he does with "Tiny" Richardson.

    Let the Cowboys or someone draft him then.

  • Bosa sounds like the real deal! We need this guy on our defense! I'm so hoping Manziel is our QB so we can focus on developing depth and picking up real talent this Draft. We need a RB and WR. How do you guys rate Elliot and Treadwell?

  • Not sure it's a given that Bosa will declare early. He might want to stick around and play a year with his brother who'll be a freshman. Supposedly his kid bro is better.

  • Paxton Lynch

    Connor Cook

    Joey Bosa

  • Nate Sudfeld QB from Indiana

    The mean ass LB from Mississippi,Ndgecge?

  • Zeke

    Jones

    Spence

  • Nate Sudfeld QB from Indiana

    The mean ass LB from Mississippi,Ndgecge?

    @bob806 said:

    Nate Sudfeld QB from Indiana

    The mean ass LB from Mississippi,Ndgecge?

    Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Ole Miss

  • @bob806 said:

    Nate Sudfeld QB from Indiana

    The mean ass LB from Mississippi,Ndgecge?

    Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Ole Miss

    @texasag1969 said:

    Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Ole Miss

    Thank you. This guy is a stud, and would immediately be a presence (I did think he was an LB).

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Ole Miss

    Thank you. This guy is a stud, and would immediately be a presence (I did think he was an LB).

    @bob806 said:

    Thank you. This guy is a stud, and would immediately be a presence (I did think he was an LB).

    He has played a lot of DT too I think this year. Some questions about motivation and off field stuff though. Browns don't need either of those.

    From Charlie Campbell-Walterfootball.com:

    Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Ole Miss

    image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Mississippi_logo.gif

    Mississippi_logo.gif

    Another defensive lineman? Well, the Rams signed Nick Fairley to a 1-year contract, and Michael Brockers is nearing the end of his deal. Here's an interior-defensive line talent to help fill the void at one spot. Nkemdiche next to Aaron Donald could be a nightmare for offenses. Nkemdiche has off-the-field issues, but the Rams have been willing to work with players with those concerns.

    Nkemdiche (6-4, 296) has a tremendous skill set with the speed and agility of a linebacker. For the NFL, there is no doubt that he has the ability to be a disruptive presence at the point of attack. NFL sources say that while Nkemdiche has a great skill set, he isn't a natural pass-rusher, and that can be seen in his sack production. He consistently breaks into the backfield, but rarely ever finishes a play. Part of the reason for that is he has poor awareness. I've spoken with GMs who share my opinion that Nkemdiche is one of the most overrated players in this draft class.

    This season, Nkemdiche has 17 tackles, 5.5 for a loss and 1.5 sacks, plus he caught a 31-yard touchdown pass. Nkemdiche recorded 35 tackles with two sacks in 2014. He flashed, but lacked consistency. As a freshman, Nkemdiche totaled 34 tackles with two sacks and eight tackles for a loss. He has a total 5.5 sacks in his collegiate career.

    Multiple teams have told me that they have off-the-field concerns with Nkemdiche. One team said he has serious baggage. Another said that Nkemdiche loves the limelight and wants to be a movie star. They'd like to see him have the desire to dominate on the field.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Interesting take by BR says we get rid of Farmer and take Treadwell as #1 overall. I'd think we would trade down a bit if we want him as top pick for us.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2590328-2016-nfl-mock-draft-1st-round-predictions-for-top-prospects