Gruden
-
I get that, but are there "alcoholics" who don't drink privately? Who drink only in "enabled", party situations?
If yes, then "staying out of clubs" could be a significant step.
EDIT: Good point about the live-in coach.
I worked for a drug hotline for a very very short period of time.I get that, but are there "alcoholics" who don't drink privately? Who drink only in "enabled", party situations?
If yes, then "staying out of clubs" could be a significant step.
EDIT: Good point about the live-in coach.
it was a state program 4 hours a night 2 days a week drug hotline. Seriously.
Remember kids if you are taking acid and downers together do it from 6 until 8 Tuesday or Thursday!

Still real alcoholism, in the eyes of many programs, can be assigned to a number of different types of behavior.
I've worked with some, the whiskey in the morning and all day long kind of guy who never really seems shithammered.
I know people who have a combination alcohol and bipolar problem who can lay in bed drunk for days at a time or go weeks without a drink.
I've known people who will let one drink turned into 50 and completely lose self control.
I've known people that hide bottles around the house.
I would imagine there's a category for every possible way Bowe can fuck up your day, a few days or a life.
Then again we all know plenty of people who have been piss drunk every once in a while and act like assholes.
WSS
-
I am like this Gruden can Suck Manzgina Nutz all he wants. Unless he comes to Cleveland to coach he needs to shut the hell up.
-
Hell be our next coach.
-
Hell be our next coach.
Hell be our next coach.
The hell you say...
-
Hell be our next coach.
The hell you say...
-
He was dropping hints all game.
I'm only a little drunk.
He did seem more fired up than usual, and had some pretty strong opinions. While I don't agree with what you believe, I can see how you got there (being drunk and all).
-
One thing was clear last nite... hire Gruden and you can kiss all this accountability nonsense goodbye...
Did a little reading on why Jon was fired after 7 years in TB. The following pretty well captures the variety of reasons I found. The opening sentence makes him sound like the perfect coach for JFF...
Never has there been such a polarizing coach in Tampa Bay, partly because no coach here has ever mixed so many pretty good seasons with so many pretty bad ones. Gruden's backers will tell you he won a Super Bowl, and his bashers will tell you he hasn't been close to another one. His backers will tell you about three division titles, and his critics will tell you about three losing seasons. And so it has gone for most of Gruden's tenure.
If you are looking for evidence to support firing Gruden, there is plenty. His ballyhooed offense never got better, and young players did not seem to develop, and he changed quarterbacks the way some people change shirts.
After a while, you could predict the future. The Bucs were going to reinvent themselves every year, and it would always seem that 9-7 was in reach but 11-5 was never a possibility. The most frustrating thing was that next year never seemed to have more promise than the previous year.
In other words, it wasn't this season's collapse that doomed Gruden. It was the gnawing suspicion that next season wouldn't be much different.
-
Jon Gruden sounded like he wanted the browns job. I guess he and Haslem are tight too.
-
I haven't heard the broadcast, I was at the game. But from what all the radio guys have been saying this morning. Gruden RIPPED the entire orginization. So maybe he does want the job
-
I haven't heard the broadcast, I was at the game. But from what all the radio guys have been saying this morning. Gruden RIPPED the entire orginization. So maybe he does want the job
I haven't heard the broadcast, I was at the game. But from what all the radio guys have been saying this morning. Gruden RIPPED the entire orginization. So maybe he does want the job
I watched it this morning, and skipped some talking, but the gist was "man Cleveland has so much potential, there are good players here, Manziel can be a great QB, everything's in place for someone to come in and make it work, this place is gonna explode when that happens"
Whether he seemed excited and enthused by the challenge or was just selling it for TV value I'm not sure.
-
I was saying it in the Tavern last night. Gruden honestly seemed like he was lobbying for a job next year.
I don't see why he'd ever leave his cushy broadcasting job, but there were multiple hints that he could. The fact that there's tons of articles out there about it only reinforce that we're not alone in seeing it.
-
wow Gruden said that? That actually does sound like a pitch. I was skeptical when I saw the thread title. Well, he's one of maybe 2-3 guys I would be ok with if we let Pettine go. The league will understand if we let Pettine go for a guy like Gruden. The league will not understand if we Chud Pettine. Please understand what happens if we fire Pettine and spend the offseason begging for a replacement. You only let Pettine go if you have his replacement virtually signed and sealed.
-
I'm paraphrasing, but that's what I took away from it, and unlike some (TCPO) I wasn't drunk at the time

-
I was saying it in the Tavern last night. Gruden honestly seemed like he was lobbying for a job next year.
I don't see why he'd ever leave his cushy broadcasting job, but there were multiple hints that he could. The fact that there's tons of articles out there about it only reinforce that we're not alone in seeing it.
I don't see why he'd ever leave his cushy broadcasting job,
cause he's still young. He can always go back to it if things don't work out. I still like Pettine and would be willing to give him a few more years, but Gruden actually does run imo a better defense that would fit our personnel better. I think Grudens defense would also fit a certain #1 prospect better.
-
I'd take Gruden over Cowher who is older and already won the SB.
-
I'm paraphrasing, but that's what I took away from it, and unlike some (TCPO) I wasn't drunk at the time

I'm paraphrasing, but that's what I took away from it, and unlike some (TCPO) I wasn't drunk at the time

Yeah he was selling himself pretty hard, it seemed. He mentioned his ties with Haslam, he mentioned how he likes Manziel, he mentioned how he empathizes with the fanbase, he mentioned that he just did not understand why our running game was so poor.
Add to that he's from the area, stayed with Manziel over the summer, and this article and there's at least a small percentage chance that it's possible.
I may be a conspiracy theorist and jump to conclusions pretty quickly, but damn if this one doesn't at least seem plausible. But then again, I have a James Davis Browns jersey because I believed he was the nest big thing.
-
I'd take Gruden over Cowher who is older and already won the SB.
I'd take Gruden over Cowher who is older and already won the SB.
Doesn't Gruden also have a SB?
-
Tim-linky no worky
-
For those of you clamoring for Gruden though, don't be naΓ―ve that he's going to turn this group of guys into a playoff team. Yes he would retain some, but there would be a major redo.....AGAIN. So in two years we'd be right back here and Walter would be screaming to fire this Gruden cunt who's been in the commentators box for years and doesn't understand the league's moved on from his concepts that worked 15 years ago blah blah blah blah blah
I am tired of this song and dance every year.
-
Tim-linky no worky
Tim-linky no worky
Sorry. Fixed.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login