Gruden
-
I was saying it in the Tavern last night. Gruden honestly seemed like he was lobbying for a job next year.
I don't see why he'd ever leave his cushy broadcasting job, but there were multiple hints that he could. The fact that there's tons of articles out there about it only reinforce that we're not alone in seeing it.
-
wow Gruden said that? That actually does sound like a pitch. I was skeptical when I saw the thread title. Well, he's one of maybe 2-3 guys I would be ok with if we let Pettine go. The league will understand if we let Pettine go for a guy like Gruden. The league will not understand if we Chud Pettine. Please understand what happens if we fire Pettine and spend the offseason begging for a replacement. You only let Pettine go if you have his replacement virtually signed and sealed.
-
I'm paraphrasing, but that's what I took away from it, and unlike some (TCPO) I wasn't drunk at the time

-
I was saying it in the Tavern last night. Gruden honestly seemed like he was lobbying for a job next year.
I don't see why he'd ever leave his cushy broadcasting job, but there were multiple hints that he could. The fact that there's tons of articles out there about it only reinforce that we're not alone in seeing it.
I don't see why he'd ever leave his cushy broadcasting job,
cause he's still young. He can always go back to it if things don't work out. I still like Pettine and would be willing to give him a few more years, but Gruden actually does run imo a better defense that would fit our personnel better. I think Grudens defense would also fit a certain #1 prospect better.
-
I'd take Gruden over Cowher who is older and already won the SB.
-
I'm paraphrasing, but that's what I took away from it, and unlike some (TCPO) I wasn't drunk at the time

I'm paraphrasing, but that's what I took away from it, and unlike some (TCPO) I wasn't drunk at the time

Yeah he was selling himself pretty hard, it seemed. He mentioned his ties with Haslam, he mentioned how he likes Manziel, he mentioned how he empathizes with the fanbase, he mentioned that he just did not understand why our running game was so poor.
Add to that he's from the area, stayed with Manziel over the summer, and this article and there's at least a small percentage chance that it's possible.
I may be a conspiracy theorist and jump to conclusions pretty quickly, but damn if this one doesn't at least seem plausible. But then again, I have a James Davis Browns jersey because I believed he was the nest big thing.
-
I'd take Gruden over Cowher who is older and already won the SB.
I'd take Gruden over Cowher who is older and already won the SB.
Doesn't Gruden also have a SB?
-
Tim-linky no worky
-
For those of you clamoring for Gruden though, don't be naΓ―ve that he's going to turn this group of guys into a playoff team. Yes he would retain some, but there would be a major redo.....AGAIN. So in two years we'd be right back here and Walter would be screaming to fire this Gruden cunt who's been in the commentators box for years and doesn't understand the league's moved on from his concepts that worked 15 years ago blah blah blah blah blah
I am tired of this song and dance every year.
-
Tim-linky no worky
Tim-linky no worky
Sorry. Fixed.
-
I'd take Gruden over Cowher who is older and already won the SB.
Doesn't Gruden also have a SB?
Doesn't Gruden also have a SB?
Yes, Tampa Bay, 2002
And "Chucky" is only 52 years old.......many NFL HCs have gotten their first job at a younger age than that.
-
-
I wouldn't want Gruden picking the groceries.
Many big name guys have that requirement
-
uh hell yeah I want gruden picking his talent. I want pettine picking the talent if he stays. I want a Browns team that isn't passed down from one feckless regime to the next. I want a team built around one guys philosophy, sink or swm....win or lose. We at least then know where the responsibility lies.
-
If a Gruden or a Cowher wanted full control? Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out Farmer!
-
precisely
-
Dick Vermeil left the both after many many years and won a SB. And he was older then Gruden
-
I know he won't or can't come out and say it directly. But if Gruden wants the job. BUH-BYE Pettine and Farmer
-
precisely
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login