Gruden
-
I know he won't or can't come out and say it directly. But if Gruden wants the job. BUH-BYE Pettine and Farmer
-
precisely
-
gruden won a SB with tony dungees team, after picking his own talent, tampa steadily declined and chucky was fired
-
Hell yeah let Gruden be HC...GM...he can pick the cheerleaders too!!!
Just get him signed NOW!!!!! GO BROWNS
-
gruden won a SB with tony dungees team, after picking his own talent, tampa steadily declined and chucky was fired
gruden won a SB with tony dungees team, after picking his own talent, tampa steadily declined and chucky was fired
Maybe he can win a SB with Farmers talllllllllllllllllllll
I couldn't finish the sentence without aborting
-
gruden won a SB with tony dungees team, after picking his own talent, tampa steadily declined and chucky was fired
Let's get Tony Dungy then maybe in a few years we can fire him for gruden. Seems legitgruden won a SB with tony dungees team, after picking his own talent, tampa steadily declined and chucky was fired
-
I have the opinion that it take a NAME to get player to play here and legitimize the organization. Some will say we had Holmgren didn't work out so getting an established name isn't guaranteed. But Holmgren was done. His heart and being is still in seattle.
If that name is Gruden, Cowher, Dungy, get out the check book and get them here. This team needs to be legitimized. I think Haslam wants to do that. But it will require the right people here. No more no names and rookie GM"s or coaches. -
I still have my "Chucky" doll.
If Grude was pitching I didn't catch it. He sounded extremely negative about the defense. At one point he said: "I have no idea what type of defense their running"
I would take Gruden but don't see it happening to Cleveland. They never have had the football Gods on their side. Not since Modell fired Paul Brown. The guy who invented football as we know it.
-
Did not recognize the defense because he is not a Defensive Coach? Kiffin ran the Tampa 2 for Jon-boy just as he did for Tony.
And Jon was never the GM at TB (or OAK for that matter). But he did manage to fight with McKay, the GM who traded for Jon, when he arrived in TB until he finally pushed him out in favor of his old OAK GM. But only after McKay helped land the vet offensive players that put TB on the path to their SB.
-
Yeah fuck gruden. We've got...mike pettine!
-
Besides drive the bus that Dungy gased up for him to the super bowl. What's he ever done?? Besides getting fired and leaving a franchise competing with the browns for leagues worst. Oh these fickle browns fans thinking lightening in a bottle gonna walk into Berea.
-
Besides drive the bus that Dungy gased up for him to the super bowl. What's he ever done?? Besides getting fired and leaving a franchise competing with the browns for leagues worst. Oh these fickle browns fans thinking lightening in a bottle gonna walk into Berea.
Besides drive the bus that Dungy gased up for him to the super bowl. What's he ever done?? Besides getting fired and leaving a franchise competing with the browns for leagues worst. Oh these fickle browns fans thinking lightening in a bottle gonna walk into Berea.
I guess something with a bottle don't count
-
Besides drive the bus that Dungy gased up for him to the super bowl. What's he ever done?? Besides getting fired and leaving a franchise competing with the browns for leagues worst. Oh these fickle browns fans thinking lightening in a bottle gonna walk into Berea.
Besides drive the bus that Dungy gased up for him to the super bowl. What's he ever done?? Besides getting fired and leaving a franchise competing with the browns for leagues worst. Oh these fickle browns fans thinking lightening in a bottle gonna walk into Berea.
Totally. We've got mike pettine and the leagues most expensive defense what more do we need?
-
I don't know, I've always liked Gruden. Especially his QB camps. Qb's respect the man, he has a was of talking, like an eccentric uncle that keeps your attention. He bring passion and that is at least one thing that Pettine lacks. I would endorse Gruden as Head Coach, at least it'd be entertaining...
-
This has probably been posted, but just in case:
-
Gruden makes a reported $6.5 mill a year from ESPN, in what might be the best job on planet earth. If Gruden is the guy many people want, they better hope he still has that burning desire to coach, because I sure wouldn't leave that job he has, LOL.
If Gruden is hired, who does he bring in as coordinators? Who would be the GM? The general feeling I'm getting is that Ray Farmer SHOULD be gone as well, or is he a guy that just needs more time? We're going to have a VERY high pick this year, which obviously means we're going to have a high second round pick (a pick that should/could start). Does Haslam really want this guy in charge of another draft?
The first thing I would do if I was the new coach is I would reach out to Josh Gordon. I would publicly say that the Browns are committed to Gordon, and we have a plan for ensuring his compliance to league rules. I would do EVERYTHING in the world to get Josh Gordon back in a Browns uniform. We are a disaster in the red zone, we have too many tiny wr's, and we lack big play ability. We need Gordon as much as he needs us. Gordon is not Blackmon from Jacksonville. I truly believe (for some reason) that we're going to see Gordon play again, and he's going to play well for us.
-
This has probably been posted, but just in case:
This has probably been posted, but just in case:
I am as frustrated as any other Browns fan right now but I am still of the belief Pettine should get another year to turn the team around. Even in the article the author states he also believes Pettine should get one more year:
"I still believe Pettine deserves another year to turn the Browns around. But if Haslam blows up the front office and coaching staff again he should push hard for Gruden."
-
I completely see both sides of the argument. Obviously nobody is asking ME what I think in the Browns organization, LOL, but SOMETHING has to change...I just don't know what. I honestly do believe the team needs more talent, but from what I've seen in the NFL, GM's tend to outlast coaches. Perhaps I'm wrong. God forbid Pettine get a first round player that makes a damn impact.
-
Gruden makes a reported $6.5 mill a year from ESPN, in what might be the best job on planet earth. If Gruden is the guy many people want, they better hope he still has that burning desire to coach, because I sure wouldn't leave that job he has, LOL.
If Gruden is hired, who does he bring in as coordinators? Who would be the GM? The general feeling I'm getting is that Ray Farmer SHOULD be gone as well, or is he a guy that just needs more time? We're going to have a VERY high pick this year, which obviously means we're going to have a high second round pick (a pick that should/could start). Does Haslam really want this guy in charge of another draft?
The first thing I would do if I was the new coach is I would reach out to Josh Gordon. I would publicly say that the Browns are committed to Gordon, and we have a plan for ensuring his compliance to league rules. I would do EVERYTHING in the world to get Josh Gordon back in a Browns uniform. We are a disaster in the red zone, we have too many tiny wr's, and we lack big play ability. We need Gordon as much as he needs us. Gordon is not Blackmon from Jacksonville. I truly believe (for some reason) that we're going to see Gordon play again, and he's going to play well for us.
Gruden makes a reported $6.5 mill a year from ESPN, in what might be the best job on planet earth. If Gruden is the guy many people want, they better hope he still has that burning desire to coach, because I sure wouldn't leave that job he has, LOL.
He might, maybe he just loves coaching that much. He could probably go back to broadcasting in 2 years when he gets fired anyway.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login