Let's talk about the Browns olinemen for a change
-
I have graded both Crow and Duke pretty well in PassPro. Neither has been perfect, but rarely did they miss seeing the blitzer they needed to pick up.
I don't know about Zeke and the ZBS. I like him, but so much of the time the zone read gets him the second level so quick and clean it's hard for me to see what he will do in a pro offense.
Then there are other times like Saturday when he popped thru a sliver of a crack in the line that made me go, "Oh Yeah..."
-
the lines. the lines.
anyone who knows football knows it's all about the lines....
(manziel dreams...chirp. chirp.)
-
Can anyone explain why our rb's get hit in the backfield so often? I'm not saying we have allstar caliber running backs, but at the same time, I don't know any that can be successful when they're getting drilled 3 yards back every other run. Is this the fault of our OL? Our play design? I don't have the stats on hand, and I'm not going to make any up, but I recently heard the percentage of times our backs got hit in the backfield and it was staggering (don't remember the specific percentage, and not sure how to find it).
Even when we are getting blown out, it seems like almost every run we try and sneak in gets abruptly snuffed out.
-
Again, my opinion, the Browns have been telegraphing rushes by running
on first down so consistently...
except they seemed to have broken from that the last game....
-
Again, my opinion, the Browns have been telegraphing rushes by running
on first down so consistently...
except they seemed to have broken from that the last game....
Again, my opinion, the Browns have been telegraphing rushes by running
on first down so consistently...
That would be on Flip.....the coordinator that keeps getting praise....even though he is predictable and bland as hell......and abandons whatever works every game......and gets uber conservative whenever he even sniffs a lead......and hasnt found a way to run the ball with one of the best lines in the league.....
I thought Shanny was a whiny worm, but at least he was creative and knew enough to stay with something when it was working.......
-
Again, my opinion, the Browns have been telegraphing rushes by running
on first down so consistently...
That would be on Flip.....the coordinator that keeps getting praise....even though he is predictable and bland as hell......and abandons whatever works every game......and gets uber conservative whenever he even sniffs a lead......and hasnt found a way to run the ball with one of the best lines in the league.....
I thought Shanny was a whiny worm, but at least he was creative and knew enough to stay with something when it was working.......
That would be on Flip.....the coordinator that keeps getting praise....even though he is predictable and bland as hell......and abandons whatever works every game......and gets uber conservative whenever he even sniffs a lead......and hasnt found a way to run the ball with one of the best lines in the league.....
I thought Shanny was a whiny worm, but at least he was creative and knew enough to stay with something when it was working.......
Our run game was pretty atrocious last year for pretty much every game after Mack went down - which was most of the season. We have Mack back now of course, but I'm not so sure that Mack was the reason our running game turned non-existent last year (at least not the whole reason)
Shanny ham also stuck with something when it wasn't working, so there's that

*edit*
And go ask on an Atlanta board what they think of Shanahan

-
That would be on Flip.....the coordinator that keeps getting praise....even though he is predictable and bland as hell......and abandons whatever works every game......and gets uber conservative whenever he even sniffs a lead......and hasnt found a way to run the ball with one of the best lines in the league.....
I thought Shanny was a whiny worm, but at least he was creative and knew enough to stay with something when it was working.......
Our run game was pretty atrocious last year for pretty much every game after Mack went down - which was most of the season. We have Mack back now of course, but I'm not so sure that Mack was the reason our running game turned non-existent last year (at least not the whole reason)
Shanny ham also stuck with something when it wasn't working, so there's that

*edit*
And go ask on an Atlanta board what they think of Shanahan

Our run game was pretty atrocious last year for pretty much every game after Mack went down - which was most of the season. We have Mack back now of course, but I'm not so sure that Mack was the reason our running game turned non-existent last year (at least not the whole reason)
Shanny ham also stuck with something when it wasn't working, so there's that

*edit*
And go ask on an Atlanta board what they think of Shanahan

Ha....well Im no shanny fan......and, in fact, was happy to see him go.....
Just saying that I dont think Flip is an improvement...........
-
Our run game was pretty atrocious last year for pretty much every game after Mack went down - which was most of the season. We have Mack back now of course, but I'm not so sure that Mack was the reason our running game turned non-existent last year (at least not the whole reason)
Shanny ham also stuck with something when it wasn't working, so there's that

*edit*
And go ask on an Atlanta board what they think of Shanahan

Ha....well Im no shanny fan......and, in fact, was happy to see him go.....
Just saying that I dont think Flip is an improvement...........
Ha....well Im no shanny fan......and, in fact, was happy to see him go.....
Just saying that I dont think Flip is an improvement...........
Different. Flip seems to have gotten a lot more out of Barnidge than Shanahanahanahanahan managed, for sure. Benjamin's production can be attributed to maturing as a player and recovering from injury, so no comparison there. Last year, at least, we had a semblance of a run game, even after mack's injury. We were disappointed to be 'only' getting 70-80 yards per game on the ground. Now we're frequently looking at 15-20 yard games total.
-
Can anyone explain why our rb's get hit in the backfield so often? I'm not saying we have allstar caliber running backs, but at the same time, I don't know any that can be successful when they're getting drilled 3 yards back every other run. Is this the fault of our OL? Our play design? I don't have the stats on hand, and I'm not going to make any up, but I recently heard the percentage of times our backs got hit in the backfield and it was staggering (don't remember the specific percentage, and not sure how to find it).
Even when we are getting blown out, it seems like almost every run we try and sneak in gets abruptly snuffed out.
Can anyone explain why our rb's get hit in the backfield so often? I'm not saying we have allstar caliber running backs, but at the same time, I don't know any that can be successful when they're getting drilled 3 yards back every other run. Is this the fault of our OL? Our play design? I don't have the stats on hand, and I'm not going to make any up, but I recently heard the percentage of times our backs got hit in the backfield and it was staggering (don't remember the specific percentage, and not sure how to find it).
Even when we are getting blown out, it seems like almost every run we try and sneak in gets abruptly snuffed out.
If you watched last nite's game, then you might remember a comment by Collinsworth after CJ Andersen broke a stretch ZBS run for a fairly long gain. It was about one blocker handling the Pat's NT and how "once a big man gets moving laterally, he becomes easier to handle." All true...
Whether it's our predictability or lack of respect for our pass-game or something else, our opponents' DL seem to attack our ZBS. Quite often at least one of our interior three succumb to that "attack", get pushed into our backfield and a TFL occurs.
-
I think the O Line's parts are greater than their sum.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login