Skip to content

Who would you want to coach us next year? Try to be somewhat realistic

The Browns Board
78 37 2.4k
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #51

    See what Texas W. is doing in my avatar. That is my reaction to that.

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #52

    I'd love Sumlin.

    Anything is better than that bald idiot thats' coaching the team now

  • Jimmy Haslam should hire Kevin Sumlin Texas AM coach Outside of Saban he is regarded as one of the best college coaches available.He would cordinate his offense around Manziel skill set.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @hunter48 said:

    he is regarded as one of the best college coaches available

    By who?.......he's available?.....I didnt even know he was leaving.....

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #54

    I kind of want an NFL coach. Not a college coach.

  • I'd love Sumlin.

    Anything is better than that bald idiot thats' coaching the team now

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @walterwhite said:

    I'd love Sumlin.

    If that's not "all in" for JM, then I do not know what could be.

    Can't wait to have Ag and war weigh in on this...

  • H hunter48 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    Jimmy Haslam should hire Kevin Sumlin of Texas Am. Outside of Saban he is one of the best college coaches out there. He would mold the off. to Manziel skill set.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #57

    sumlin............

    just threw up in my mouth.

    are the majority on this board under the age of 15 and i didn't know it?

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #58

    No

    Long answer Hell no. πŸ˜†

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #59

    Man, I just listened to the radio interviews of Tabor, O'Neil, and Difilipo and I can't stand them. The one guy I didn't mind was Difilipo, but that's IT. Listening to O'Neil is like hearing fingernails scratch down a chalkboard at maximum volume. He sounds arrogant, angry that he's talking about his subpar unit, and doesn't provide ANY insight. Hell, if you listen to O'Neil, you'd think his team is 11-0. At no time did he take any responsibility for the poor play, he deflected questions about why we have NO SACKS, and the media wasn't letting him off the hook. At one time a reporter flat out asked him, "If you take away the Titans game, your defense has had 9 sacks in 10 games. Why is that?" O'Neil said that he doesn't value sacks, and QB pressures and hits are just as valuable to him. Well shit O'Neil, if you're going by pressures and hits, then your defense STILL SUCKS. Sorry for the pointless rant, but screw that guy.

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #60

    Pet still hasn't called out his boy O'Neil. Why is this? O'Neil will be his ticket out of town if he can't fix this D or get someone else in there.

  • No

    Long answer Hell no. πŸ˜†

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @texasag1969 said:

    No

    Long answer Hell no. πŸ˜†

    lol... no one can ever question your Browns loyalty again...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    No

    Long answer Hell no. πŸ˜†

    lol... no one can ever question your Browns loyalty again...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... no one can ever question your Browns loyalty again...

    Now if they would just listen to me about Henry! LOL! πŸ˜†

  • @texasag1969 said:

    No

    Long answer Hell no. πŸ˜†

    lol... no one can ever question your Browns loyalty again...

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... no one can ever question your Browns loyalty again...

    @texasag1969 said:

    Now if they would just listen to me about Henry! LOL! πŸ˜†

    What are you two old geezers doing here? πŸ™‚

  • @tour2ma said:

    lol... no one can ever question your Browns loyalty again...

    @texasag1969 said:

    Now if they would just listen to me about Henry! LOL! πŸ˜†

    What are you two old geezers doing here? πŸ™‚

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @canton-dawg said:

    What are you two old geezers doing here? πŸ™‚

    Laughing to keep from crying???

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #65
    post-28000-0-40555400-1449262270_thumb.jpeg
  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #66

    Sumlin sucks. He is far from whatever title Walter or whoever it was put on him. One of the best college coaches? Not a chance. All he is is a recruiter and a motivator, and he's really not all that good at either one. Regardless, the recruiting goes by the wayside in an NFL job and, again, he ain't that good at motivating. So he brings to the table nothing. He was completely hands-off on the offense when Johnny was here too. So please, no.

    Then again, as an A&M fan, if Jimmy Haslam wants to bail us out of the horrible contract we gave him and pay the $20MM buyout, be my guest.

  • @tour2ma said:

    lol... no one can ever question your Browns loyalty again...

    @texasag1969 said:

    Now if they would just listen to me about Henry! LOL! πŸ˜†

    What are you two old geezers doing here? πŸ™‚

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @canton-dawg said:

    What are you two old geezers doing here? πŸ™‚

    Looking out for the Browns πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

    Canada%20Geese.jpg
  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #68

    I don't care who coaches next year as long as...

    I want a coach that will try any and everything in their power to win.

    A coach that coaches with passion and inspires grown men to follow him into battle.

    I want a coach that is willing to think outside the box.

    A coach that is honest and believes that we are going to win every game.

    I want a coach that doesn't say, "Well, we battled" after each and every loss.

    A coach that will not except losing and is willing to step outside his comfort zone and not hinder his team with blatant bias.

    I want a coach that learns from HIS mistakes and takes responsibility.

  • I don't care who coaches next year as long as...

    I want a coach that will try any and everything in their power to win.

    A coach that coaches with passion and inspires grown men to follow him into battle.

    I want a coach that is willing to think outside the box.

    A coach that is honest and believes that we are going to win every game.

    I want a coach that doesn't say, "Well, we battled" after each and every loss.

    A coach that will not except losing and is willing to step outside his comfort zone and not hinder his team with blatant bias.

    I want a coach that learns from HIS mistakes and takes responsibility.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @poeticg said:

    I don't care who coaches next year as long as...

    I want a coach that will try any and everything in their power to win.

    A coach that coaches with passion and inspires grown men to follow him into battle.

    I want a coach that is willing to think outside the box.

    A coach that is honest and believes that we are going to win every game.

    I want a coach that doesn't say, "Well, we battled" after each and every loss.

    A coach that will not except losing and is willing to step outside his comfort zone and not hinder his team with blatant bias.

    I want a coach that learns from HIS mistakes and takes responsibility.

    POG, this may be your best post ever. Well said.

    Mike

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #70

    Actually, a coach that excepts losing would be pretty solid. Undefeated every year baby!