Skip to content

Pettine satisfied with our effort

The Browns Board
110 33 3.4k
  • @stillmotion said:

    if we hire an experienced GM or experienced head coach i'll feel a lot better.

    how experienced were pettine, farmer, even o'neil at their jobs before they came here?

    Not very, but I have a thing about former players becoming GM's. I think they have a greater chance of success than just random suits.

    Farmer doesn't have much GM experience, but he was a player for three years, a scout for three years, and director of pro personnel for six years before coming to Cleveland - all jobs that require evaluation of talent and building a roster.

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Not very, but I have a thing about former players becoming GM's. I think they have a greater chance of success than just random suits.

    Farmer doesn't have much GM experience, but he was a player for three years, a scout for three years, and director of pro personnel for six years before coming to Cleveland - all jobs that require evaluation of talent and building a roster.

    I'm not willing to completely cast out Farmer yet, i'm just exploring the possibility that he might suck at his job.

  • Zombo said:

    There's a chance neither Farmer or Pet are good at their job.

    Z

    There's a chance, but restarting with a new GM and a new coaching staff is much harder than restarting with just a new coaching staff.

    Go find a coach that can win with these players, or promote Flip up and see. A firesale is just another reset.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    There's a chance, but restarting with a new GM and a new coaching staff is much harder than restarting with just a new coaching staff.

    Go find a coach that can win with these players, or promote Flip up and see. A firesale is just another reset.

    Seems to me that the talent on the field is an even bigger problem than how they are coached.

    Compare Cincys roster to ours talent-wise, remember how many picks Lombardi et al handed over to Farmer and tell me how we got here.

    We are worse at every position Farmer has adressed with the exception of 32 year old Karlos Dansby.

    Z

  • B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Look I'm fine with dumping the coaching staff after the season on Pettine's time management gaffes alone.. But saying he is satisfied with the players' effort IS NOT the same as being satisfied with the score or outcome of the game. Saying there was no effort would lose the locker room and that is about the only thing he has left.. Could have been a subtle shot at Farmer for the roster he has to work with too. Who knows..

  • Look I'm fine with dumping the coaching staff after the season on Pettine's time management gaffes alone.. But saying he is satisfied with the players' effort IS NOT the same as being satisfied with the score or outcome of the game. Saying there was no effort would lose the locker room and that is about the only thing he has left.. Could have been a subtle shot at Farmer for the roster he has to work with too. Who knows..

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Look I'm fine with dumping the coaching staff after the season on Pettine's time management gaffes alone.. But saying he is satisfied with the players' effort IS NOT the same as being satisfied with the score or outcome of the game. Saying there was no effort would lose the locker room and that is about the only thing he has left.. Could have been a subtle shot at Farmer for the roster he has to work with too. Who knows..

    You were satisfied with the players effort? He didn't have to say there was no effort, but to say he was absolutely satisfied with it is absolutely ridiculous.

    sorry bro, but it was a sorry pathetic performance.

    if he was satisfied I guess we couldn't of given much more effort then, right?

    Our team couldn't of put up much more than 3 points, right?

    If Pettine was satisfied with that effort than what kind of effort is he NOT satisfied with? Would he be satisfied with getting beat 63-0 at home too?

    After you get your ass kicked like that by a division rival you don't say something like that.

    I think we could of put more effort, the coaches and the players. If he truly doesn't believe that, get him the fuck out of Cleveland.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Bring on Gruden after we beat the stoolers week 17

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Maybe Pettine already knew he was going to get fired and just really decided to fuck with all of us by saying that.

  • @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Look I'm fine with dumping the coaching staff after the season on Pettine's time management gaffes alone.. But saying he is satisfied with the players' effort IS NOT the same as being satisfied with the score or outcome of the game. Saying there was no effort would lose the locker room and that is about the only thing he has left.. Could have been a subtle shot at Farmer for the roster he has to work with too. Who knows..

    You were satisfied with the players effort? He didn't have to say there was no effort, but to say he was absolutely satisfied with it is absolutely ridiculous.

    sorry bro, but it was a sorry pathetic performance.

    if he was satisfied I guess we couldn't of given much more effort then, right?

    Our team couldn't of put up much more than 3 points, right?

    If Pettine was satisfied with that effort than what kind of effort is he NOT satisfied with? Would he be satisfied with getting beat 63-0 at home too?

    After you get your ass kicked like that by a division rival you don't say something like that.

    I think we could of put more effort, the coaches and the players. If he truly doesn't believe that, get him the fuck out of Cleveland.

    B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @stillmotion said:

    You were satisfied with the players effort? He didn't have to say there was no effort, but to say he was absolutely satisfied with it is absolutely ridiculous.

    sorry bro, but it was a sorry pathetic performance.

    if he was satisfied I guess we couldn't of given much more effort then, right?

    Our team couldn't of put up much more than 3 points, right?

    If Pettine was satisfied with that effort than what kind of effort is he NOT satisfied with? Would he be satisfied with getting beat 63-0 at home too?

    After you get your ass kicked like that by a division rival you don't say something like that.

    I think we could of put more effort, the coaches and the players. If he truly doesn't believe that, get him the fuck out of Cleveland.

    Reread my post and try again. I said nothing about being satisfied personally. What we witnessed was an absolute shit show. I'm giving you a valid reason why Pettine may have said what he did.. I never said his logic was correct.

  • @stillmotion said:

    You were satisfied with the players effort? He didn't have to say there was no effort, but to say he was absolutely satisfied with it is absolutely ridiculous.

    sorry bro, but it was a sorry pathetic performance.

    if he was satisfied I guess we couldn't of given much more effort then, right?

    Our team couldn't of put up much more than 3 points, right?

    If Pettine was satisfied with that effort than what kind of effort is he NOT satisfied with? Would he be satisfied with getting beat 63-0 at home too?

    After you get your ass kicked like that by a division rival you don't say something like that.

    I think we could of put more effort, the coaches and the players. If he truly doesn't believe that, get him the fuck out of Cleveland.

    Reread my post and try again. I said nothing about being satisfied personally. What we witnessed was an absolute shit show. I'm giving you a valid reason why Pettine may have said what he did.. I never said his logic was correct.

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by stillmotion
    #31

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Reread my post and try again. I said nothing about being satisfied personally. What we witnessed was an absolute shit show. I'm giving you a valid reason why Pettine may have said what he did.. I never said his logic was correct.

    I said nothing about you being satisfied personally either, the first line was sarcasm, and I was just pointing out how I thought what he said was completely illogical and how he's obviously already lost the locker room. We're on the same team though and no reason to argue. Didn't mean to make it look like i was taking a shot at you but i'm just really frustrated with coach uncle fester.

  • Browns1216B Browns1216 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Promote Flip to head coach, bring in Bernie Kosar as OC

  • From the post game presser


    On if he was satisfied with the Browns’ effort:


    “Was I satisfied? Absolutely. Pull up the film and find me a guy that didn’t play hard and then go in the locker room and ask him if he played hard. That’s one thing: I thought our guys were flying around, but I give them some credit, too. It’s a good football team.”


    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #33

    @stillmotion said:

    From the post game presser

    On if he was satisfied with the Browns’ effort:

    “Was I satisfied? Absolutely. Pull up the film and find me a guy that didn’t play hard and then go in the locker room and ask him if he played hard. That’s one thing: I thought our guys were flying around, but I give them some credit, too. It’s a good football team.”

    LOL, they were flying in the wrong direction, or getting beat on pass routes. FWIW, your coaching effort sucks. Mike, you need to get sent to coaching rehab for that crappy effort we witnessed today. Your time management at the end of the first half was High School- again.

    I'm satisfied the you're not NFL HC material. so go back to PA and coach HS.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    He should be fired tomorrow if Jimmy has any brains. Interim coach for he rest of the year, what the fuck difference does it make now.

    Exactly- if you saw that shot of the Browns bench at the end of the game- your coach is supposed to be your "leader" obvious the team only thinks their leader is leading them down a dark trip into a sewer.

  • @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Reread my post and try again. I said nothing about being satisfied personally. What we witnessed was an absolute shit show. I'm giving you a valid reason why Pettine may have said what he did.. I never said his logic was correct.

    I said nothing about you being satisfied personally either, the first line was sarcasm, and I was just pointing out how I thought what he said was completely illogical and how he's obviously already lost the locker room. We're on the same team though and no reason to argue. Didn't mean to make it look like i was taking a shot at you but i'm just really frustrated with coach uncle fester.

    B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @stillmotion said:

    I said nothing about you being satisfied personally either, the first line was sarcasm, and I was just pointing out how I thought what he said was completely illogical and how he's obviously already lost the locker room. We're on the same team though and no reason to argue. Didn't mean to make it look like i was taking a shot at you but i'm just really frustrated with coach uncle fester.

    Fair enough. At this point, I'm not sure who would want to be in charge of this nightmare of an organization.

  • @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Reread my post and try again. I said nothing about being satisfied personally. What we witnessed was an absolute shit show. I'm giving you a valid reason why Pettine may have said what he did.. I never said his logic was correct.

    I said nothing about you being satisfied personally either, the first line was sarcasm, and I was just pointing out how I thought what he said was completely illogical and how he's obviously already lost the locker room. We're on the same team though and no reason to argue. Didn't mean to make it look like i was taking a shot at you but i'm just really frustrated with coach uncle fester.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @stillmotion said:

    I said nothing about you being satisfied personally either, the first line was sarcasm, and I was just pointing out how I thought what he said was completely illogical and how he's obviously already lost the locker room. We're on the same team though and no reason to argue. Didn't mean to make it look like i was taking a shot at you but i'm just really frustrated with coach uncle fester.

    If it's sarcasm, then use pink or italics... no one can read your mind.

    All you have to do to trump Pet's statement is name a player that laid down today... so name one. Would also give you a leg up on your unsupported "lost the locker room" claim.

  • From the post game presser


    On if he was satisfied with the Browns’ effort:


    “Was I satisfied? Absolutely. Pull up the film and find me a guy that didn’t play hard and then go in the locker room and ask him if he played hard. That’s one thing: I thought our guys were flying around, but I give them some credit, too. It’s a good football team.”


    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @stillmotion said:

    From the post game presser

    On if he was satisfied with the Browns’ effort:

    “Was I satisfied? Absolutely. Pull up the film and find me a guy that didn’t play hard and then go in the locker room and ask him if he played hard. That’s one thing: I thought our guys were flying around, but I give them some credit, too. It’s a good football team.”

    C'MON MAN.........

  • Bring on Gruden after we beat the stoolers week 17

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @bbedward said:

    Bring on Gruden after we beat the stoolers week 17

    we ain't beating the stoolers and gruden is not leaving his cushy job...he'd be an idiot...

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    So if the effort was good, then the coaching was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    They tried really hard, but the scheme failed us, right?

  • @stillmotion said:

    I said nothing about you being satisfied personally either, the first line was sarcasm, and I was just pointing out how I thought what he said was completely illogical and how he's obviously already lost the locker room. We're on the same team though and no reason to argue. Didn't mean to make it look like i was taking a shot at you but i'm just really frustrated with coach uncle fester.

    If it's sarcasm, then use pink or italics... no one can read your mind.

    All you have to do to trump Pet's statement is name a player that laid down today... so name one. Would also give you a leg up on your unsupported "lost the locker room" claim.

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by stillmotion
    #39

    @tour2ma said:

    If it's sarcasm, then use pink or italics... no one can read your mind.

    All you have to do to trump Pet's statement is name a player that laid down today... so name one. Would also give you a leg up on your unsupported "lost the locker room" claim.

    But could anybody be satisfied with it? That's why it's sarcasm. Dwayne Bowe laid down, resting from the sidelines, thinking about his cash money, and laughing at the UDFA pettine played.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Bowe? He was inactive. Name someone that fucking played...

  • So if the effort was good, then the coaching was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    They tried really hard, but the scheme failed us, right?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @browns149 said:

    So if the effort was good, then the coaching was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Well, that is the ultimate follow up question: Well, Mike, if the effort is good ... is the scheme bad or are the players not good enough?

  • Zombo said:

    So maybe he can be salvaged. But he ain't helping us now.

    Hopefully the next staff makes him into a player.

    Because getting thrown around like a rag doll at guard never translates to Center or Tackle.

    He has the body type and experience of a tackle. He's not an interior lineman.

    But yes, hopefully the next staff does make him a player. That's the problem with this staff - they were given talent and they can't use them. Farmer did his job, the rest of the staff didn't.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He has the body type and experience of a tackle. He's not an interior lineman.

    But yes, hopefully the next staff does make him a player. That's the problem with this staff - they were given talent and they can't use them. Farmer did his job, the rest of the staff didn't.

    Really? IIRC, Erving was playing center in college.

    @tour2ma said:

    Bowe? He was inactive. Name someone that fucking played...

    OK Tour- if that was maximum effort, you can only draw three conclusions:

    1) The talent is horrible.

    2) the coaching is horrible.

    3) Both of the above.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He has the body type and experience of a tackle. He's not an interior lineman.

    But yes, hopefully the next staff does make him a player. That's the problem with this staff - they were given talent and they can't use them. Farmer did his job, the rest of the staff didn't.

    Really? IIRC, Erving was playing center in college.

    @tour2ma said:

    Bowe? He was inactive. Name someone that fucking played...

    OK Tour- if that was maximum effort, you can only draw three conclusions:

    1) The talent is horrible.

    2) the coaching is horrible.

    3) Both of the above.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @hoorta said:

    OK Tour- if that was maximum effort, you can only draw three conclusions:

    1) The talent is horrible.

    2) the coaching is horrible.

    3) Both of the above.

    That's what I was thinking. If great effort leads to a 34pt ass kicking, then all that remains is the people in the organization suck.