Skip to content

First Draft Pick Must be a QB - Paxton

The Browns Board
240 41 7.8k
  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #72

    i'm back and forth on Bosa now. On the one hand I don't want some kid here who didn't just disrespect the org, which would have been well deserved, but he shit on the city. He has to play for that 2nd contract though so he can't come here and fuck off. On the other hand....if we were to take him that would almost guarantee that we're moving to a 4-3 as I believe he's adamant that he's not going to be 5 tech or a cover OLB'er. He's willing to be a drop back DE who will play DT in Nascar situations. The legue would crucify the Browns and Pettine if we did something stupid with Bosa.

    That attitude though worries me, maybe he is a dipshit afterall.

  • @mudfly said:

    Dont question that at all.....the better players are picked first....and they are the most likely to go to the HOF.....

    I just said I dont "see an obvious HOFer" in this draft".....pretty simple.....and I dont see a slam dunk #1....

    Do you?....if so, who?

    Bosa seems to be the consensus best player per the reports I read....but slam dunk? Probably not. A team desperate for a QB could overide that choice.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @the-gipper said:

    Bosa seems to be the consensus best player per the reports I read....but slam dunk? Probably not. A team desperate for a QB could overide that choice.

    How desperate you have to be to take a quarterback at number one that probably shouldn't go until the second round?

    When you can have the best defensive player in the draft supposedly?

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    Bosa seems to be the consensus best player per the reports I read....but slam dunk? Probably not. A team desperate for a QB could overide that choice.

    How desperate you have to be to take a quarterback at number one that probably shouldn't go until the second round?

    When you can have the best defensive player in the draft supposedly?

    WSS

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @westside-steve said:

    How desperate you have to be to take a quarterback at number one that probably shouldn't go until the second round?

    When you can have the best defensive player in the draft supposedly?

    WSS

    They call that "Cleveland Desperate".

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #75

    yeah I don't see a 1st round overreach working out for us, especially when the defense needs basically tore up from the floor up.

  • @westside-steve said:

    How desperate you have to be to take a quarterback at number one that probably shouldn't go until the second round?

    When you can have the best defensive player in the draft supposedly?

    WSS

    They call that "Cleveland Desperate".

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    They call that "Cleveland Desperate".

    I don't think we are desperate for a quarterback.

    WSS

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    They call that "Cleveland Desperate".

    I don't think we are desperate for a quarterback.

    WSS

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @westside-steve said:

    I don't think we are desperate for a quarterback.

    WSS

    Not today. In the past, however...we've made some questionable draft day QB decisions.

  • @westside-steve said:

    How desperate you have to be to take a quarterback at number one that probably shouldn't go until the second round?

    When you can have the best defensive player in the draft supposedly?

    WSS

    They call that "Cleveland Desperate".

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    They call that "Cleveland Desperate".

    I was gonna say "Holmgren Desperate"...

    Merge?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #79

    I think anyone clamoring for Paxton #1 overall is taking the word of Kiper or McShay too much.

    Best to watch some tape for yourself.

  • I think anyone clamoring for Paxton #1 overall is taking the word of Kiper or McShay too much.

    Best to watch some tape for yourself.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @tiamat63 said:

    I think anyone clamoring for Paxton #1 overall is taking the word of Kiper or McShay too much.

    Best to watch some tape for yourself.

    At this point, Kiper has Bosa #1, Lynch #2.

    Again...is this just overreaching because Lynch is a QB....or does he really have the skills?

    Compare him to the guys that went 1-2 last year. Is he in that category? Or should he really have a mid 1st grade, but is overinflated because he is QB?

  • jiggy, you can take a look here at his game tape

    http://draftbreakdown.com/players/paxton-lynch/

    Nothing really jumps off the screen for me, except a lack of touch.

    M MedinaDawg wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @gftchris said:

    jiggy, you can take a look here at his game tape

    http://draftbreakdown.com/players/paxton-lynch/

    Nothing really jumps off the screen for me, except a lack of touch.

    I would urge you guys, if your seriously into the draft, to watch the highlights of every game he's played this year. It can be done in less that an hour. He has grown leaps-and-bounds this year and will continue to do that for whatever NFL team draft him because he has all of the attributes you look for in an NFL QB.

  • I like Goff over Lynch from limited I have seen of both.

    If they decide to give up on Manziel, QB should be the pick. The question then is which one.

    And I get that there plenty of problems with the roster -- but removing their coaching stuff (Especially every person involved with their defense), could help.

    Defensive coordinator candidates shouldn't be hard to find. Perry Fewell did a nice job with NYG as DC for a period. Hes the DB coach for Redskins. Their personnel (from my understanding) has been injured, and subpar talent-wise, but they're not playing so poorly.

    M MedinaDawg wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @mike-h said:

    I like Goff over Lynch from limited I have seen of both.

    If they decide to give up on Manziel, QB should be the pick. The question then is which one.

    And I get that there plenty of problems with the roster -- but removing their coaching stuff (Especially every person involved with their defense), could help.

    Defensive coordinator candidates shouldn't be hard to find. Perry Fewell did a nice job with NYG as DC for a period. Hes the DB coach for Redskins. Their personnel (from my understanding) has been injured, and subpar talent-wise, but they're not playing so poorly.

    Goff, IMHO, has regressed this year. He is far too light, especially for our division. CAL's been trying to bulk him up for years and they just couldn't add much weight to his frame. At 6'4" 210lbs., I don't think he can take the hits he will absorb in the NFL. He certainly is no "cold-weather QB" either.

  • Biggest areas of need are LB and WR.

    Unless there's a sure fire elite QB (and I don't see any) the Browns need to field any offers for that #1 pick.

    Let's just hope we have someone other than Farmer picking.

    M MedinaDawg wrote on last edited by MedinaDawg
    #83

    @canton-dawg said:

    Biggest areas of need are LB and WR.

    Unless there's a sure fire elite QB (and I don't see any) the Browns need to field any offers for that #1 pick.

    Let's just hope we have someone other than Farmer picking.

    I completely and respectfully disagree. If they don't grab Paxton Lynch (because he's not viewed as being "elite", at the moment) you need to draft another elite player. You don't get that player by trading down. If he's elite (like Bosa), you take him. I'd like to see the backlash, for the next decade, of not drafting Bosa (again if we pass on Lynch) and him turning into the monster he's expected to be.

    Talk of drafting a WR high in the draft is perplexing. Are people forgeting we have Gordon coming back, a true elite receiver. Pair him with Benjamin, Hartline, and Barnidge, and we have a nice looking group of receivers. I'd count Pryor into the group. They need to invest everything they've got into his development. Heck, 6'5" and runs a 4.38? Teach him how to run routes and create separation. I'd love to see teams trying to cover our intermediate receivers when you have Benjamin and Pryor drawing coverge deep with sub-4.4 speed.

  • I think anyone clamoring for Paxton #1 overall is taking the word of Kiper or McShay too much.

    Best to watch some tape for yourself.

    M MedinaDawg wrote on last edited by MedinaDawg
    #84

    @tiamat63 said:

    I think anyone clamoring for Paxton #1 overall is taking the word of Kiper or McShay too much.

    Best to watch some tape for yourself.

    I've watched tape of every game he played last year and this year. I don't get where you assume that just because someone's clamoring for Lynch, they're just listening to Kiper or McShay I doubt you have watched all of the tapes, or even one of them. You can do it in an hour or so. Your willingness to bash someone just because they think Lynch shoiuld be our #1 pick is both baffling and revealing of your nature,

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by wargograw
    #85
  • @mike-h said:

    I like Goff over Lynch from limited I have seen of both.

    If they decide to give up on Manziel, QB should be the pick. The question then is which one.

    And I get that there plenty of problems with the roster -- but removing their coaching stuff (Especially every person involved with their defense), could help.

    Defensive coordinator candidates shouldn't be hard to find. Perry Fewell did a nice job with NYG as DC for a period. Hes the DB coach for Redskins. Their personnel (from my understanding) has been injured, and subpar talent-wise, but they're not playing so poorly.

    Goff, IMHO, has regressed this year. He is far too light, especially for our division. CAL's been trying to bulk him up for years and they just couldn't add much weight to his frame. At 6'4" 210lbs., I don't think he can take the hits he will absorb in the NFL. He certainly is no "cold-weather QB" either.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @medinadawg said:

    Goff, IMHO, has regressed this year. He is far too light, especially for our division. CAL's been trying to bulk him up for years and they just couldn't add much weight to his frame. At 6'4" 210lbs., I don't think he can take the hits he will absorb in the NFL. He certainly is no "cold-weather QB" either.

    Aaron Rogers says 'hello'.

  • B beare wrote on last edited by
    #87

    An NFC regional scout said Michigan State senior QB Connor Cook is a third-round prospect.



    "The most polarizing guy in the draft is going to be Connor Cook," he said. "Watch. Scouts argue about him all the time. We've seen him long enough that everyone's mind is made up already. He's a third-rounder to me and an average starter at best." Similar to Brady Quinn several years ago, Cook is a long-time starter who folks still can't quite get their finger on despite ample tape to watch. "Cook has been a productive starter who has shown improvement each year, but there are still questions about his accuracy on the NFL level and whether or not he can be a team leader in the locker room and on the field," noted NFL.com. "While Cook might be polarizing, he's also a quality quarterback, and quality quarterbacks rarely fall very far outside of the second round."



    for those who think cooks the answer

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I think anyone clamoring for Paxton #1 overall is taking the word of Kiper or McShay too much.

    Best to watch some tape for yourself.

    I've watched tape of every game he played last year and this year. I don't get where you assume that just because someone's clamoring for Lynch, they're just listening to Kiper or McShay I doubt you have watched all of the tapes, or even one of them. You can do it in an hour or so. Your willingness to bash someone just because they think Lynch shoiuld be our #1 pick is both baffling and revealing of your nature,

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #88

    @medinadawg said:

    I've watched tape of every game he played last year and this year. I don't get where you assume that just because someone's clamoring for Lynch, they're just listening to Kiper or McShay I doubt you have watched all of the tapes, or even one of them. You can do it in an hour or so. Your willingness to bash someone just because they think Lynch shoiuld be our #1 pick is both baffling and revealing of your nature,

    I'm not bashing anyone directly, sweetheart... I've watched him. Didn't take me too long to realize it's going to take a couple years alone just to fix his throwing motion. His delivery is slow. Very slow. DB's will absolutely break on the ball if he's your starter as a rookie.

    Fact is, #1 overall QB's come in and start right away. It's not a position you're benched for a few years when being drafted that high by an organization with these needs. Also, you can ask damn near anyone on this board - I watch tape. If you're asking for Lynch to be taken that high, you're either a Memphis fan or you haven't watched him at all. I see no attributes that jump off the screen. In fact I liked Garrett Grayson more last year than I like Paxton this year.

    I see a QB whom get's favorable looks off of his first read, comes off of it slow coupled with a slow delivery. Since I've yet to be wrong about any QB the Browns have drafted (save for McCoy, I thought he'd be decent to a slightly above average starter) I like my track record in this matter.

  • B Babernakle wrote on last edited by
    #89

    Here's and ideal that draft some body that will contribute like zeke or a wr and then get some d. Let's not waste another first round on a fucking qb that will suck a d dipshits will chant his name to be put In and even if he had talent would not be ready. Pick the qb first or second round and develop him or just bring McCown back or Hoyer they are both atleast good enough. Or turn Austin lose

  • @medinadawg said:

    Goff, IMHO, has regressed this year. He is far too light, especially for our division. CAL's been trying to bulk him up for years and they just couldn't add much weight to his frame. At 6'4" 210lbs., I don't think he can take the hits he will absorb in the NFL. He certainly is no "cold-weather QB" either.

    Aaron Rogers says 'hello'.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @tiamat63 said:

    Aaron Rogers says 'hello'.

    So does Kyle Boller.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Aaron Rogers says 'hello'.

    So does Kyle Boller.

    WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #91

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So does Kyle Boller.

    I want Bosa's bitch ass coming hot off the end