Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Petition seeks to ban Donald Trump from the UK

Petition seeks to ban Donald Trump from the UK

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
38 Posts 10 Posters 1.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
    • 28k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #1

    English, really?

    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/12/09/petition-seeks-to-ban-donald-trump-from-uk/

    "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • gftChris gftChrisG
      • 13k Posts
      • 428 Reputation
      gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I posted this on one of the other threads the other day. Yes, really. He won't be banned, of course, but it's a legitimate question. Other speakers have been banned for similar things.

      Amusingly, I expect this to be (briefly) debated in the house, as is customary when a petition gets over 100k signatures. I don't see this one slowing down any time soon.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
        • 39k Posts
        • 9k Reputation
        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I'm guessing you can find a common thread among that list of signatures.

        WSS

        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
        gftChrisG 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • W Westside Steve

          I'm guessing you can find a common thread among that list of signatures.

          WSS

          gftChris gftChrisG
          • 13k Posts
          • 428 Reputation
          gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @westside-steve said:

          I'm guessing you can find a common thread among that list of signatures.

          WSS

          A brain?

          W 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • gftChris gftChrisG
            • 13k Posts
            • 428 Reputation
            gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
            #5

            He got stripped of an honorary doctorate from a scottish university also. In response, he says the UK should be thanking him for building a golf course in scotland (which destroyed a valuable environmental habitat) - because presumably scotland was nothing in the gold world before he came along...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • gftChrisG gftChris

              @westside-steve said:

              I'm guessing you can find a common thread among that list of signatures.

              WSS

              A brain?

              Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
              • 39k Posts
              • 9k Reputation
              W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @gftchris said:

              A brain?

              Yes, but covered by a turban or burka.

              But if you think it's a mark of intelligence to sign a petition to keep someone like Donald Trump out of your country... I'm guessing a British version of the blaze is not far away.

              🙂

              WSS

              www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                • 39k Posts
                • 9k Reputation
                W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                #7

                And it's ironic, since you seem to blame the United States, that you take out your anger on Donald Trump and not the administration over the last 6 years or 14 or 22...

                Perhaps the Nobel people could strip President Obama of his Peace Prize?

                WSS

                www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                1 Reply Last reply
                👍
                Quote Reply
                • gftChris gftChrisG
                  • 13k Posts
                  • 428 Reputation
                  gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  What do I blame the US for?

                  W 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • gftChrisG gftChris

                    What do I blame the US for?

                    Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                    • 39k Posts
                    • 9k Reputation
                    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @gftchris said:

                    What do I blame the US for?

                    War in the Middle East? The refugee problem? Isis?

                    Have I misunderstood you?

                    WSS

                    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                    gftChrisG OsirisO C 3 Replies Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • W Westside Steve

                      @gftchris said:

                      What do I blame the US for?

                      War in the Middle East? The refugee problem? Isis?

                      Have I misunderstood you?

                      WSS

                      gftChris gftChrisG
                      • 13k Posts
                      • 428 Reputation
                      gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @westside-steve said:

                      War in the Middle East? The refugee problem? Isis?

                      Have I misunderstood you?

                      WSS

                      OK, with you now. Yes I blame the US, but not exclusively. We have had as much involvement as the US and are as much to blame.

                      I'm not taking anger out at Trump - I don't tend to get angry outside of sports - it's more sheer bewilderment that he thinks there are good things to say, and that people are actually agreeing with him.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • W Westside Steve

                        @gftchris said:

                        What do I blame the US for?

                        War in the Middle East? The refugee problem? Isis?

                        Have I misunderstood you?

                        WSS

                        Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 2k Posts
                        • 125 Reputation
                        OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @westside-steve said:

                        War in the Middle East? The refugee problem? Isis?

                        Have I misunderstood you?

                        WSS

                        I'm curious, do you believe the US bears no responsibility for any of these things?

                        "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
                        W T 2 Replies Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • StinkHole StinkHoleS One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 3k Posts
                          • 365 Reputation
                          StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by StinkHole
                          #12

                          Stuart

                          The Brits are appeasing idiots from the govt on down. As another idiot signs that petition another muslims laughs.

                          Meanwhile the police cant even wear uniforms in their own police cars.

                          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3352406/Scotland-Yard-mocks-Trump-s-claims-London-police-terrified-Muslim-areas-officers-claim-tycoon-RIGHT.html

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • gftChris gftChrisG
                            • 13k Posts
                            • 428 Reputation
                            gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Wait, I thought it was only muslims signing that petition? Now they're laughing at people signing the petition? Come on guys, at least be consistent in this.

                            I'd be intrigued to hear which areas of london specifically are no go zones. In fact, if you come up with any, I might (if it's not hours away) go there and take a picture of it for you.

                            W 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • StinkHole StinkHoleS One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 3k Posts
                              • 365 Reputation
                              StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Well, some Brits get it.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • gftChris gftChrisG
                                • 13k Posts
                                • 428 Reputation
                                gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                FWIW, Luton isn't London, however much it claims to be.

                                Luton is what you'd politely call a 'multicultural' town, with lots of people from all over the world. It's a bit of a shit hole generally, but I have never felt unsafe there. I grew up about 20 miles from there.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • OsirisO Osiris

                                  @westside-steve said:

                                  War in the Middle East? The refugee problem? Isis?

                                  Have I misunderstood you?

                                  WSS

                                  I'm curious, do you believe the US bears no responsibility for any of these things?

                                  Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                  • 39k Posts
                                  • 9k Reputation
                                  W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @osiris said:

                                  I'm curious, do you believe the US bears no responsibility for any of these things?

                                  I don't believe that at all.

                                  WSS

                                  www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • gftChrisG gftChris

                                    Wait, I thought it was only muslims signing that petition? Now they're laughing at people signing the petition? Come on guys, at least be consistent in this.

                                    I'd be intrigued to hear which areas of london specifically are no go zones. In fact, if you come up with any, I might (if it's not hours away) go there and take a picture of it for you.

                                    Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                    • 39k Posts
                                    • 9k Reputation
                                    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @gftchris said:

                                    Wait, I thought it was only muslims signing that petition? Now they're laughing at people signing the petition? Come on guys, at least be consistent in this.

                                    I'd be intrigued to hear which areas of london specifically are no go zones. In fact, if you come up with any, I might (if it's not hours away) go there and take a picture of it for you.

                                    Only? Come on woody.

                                    WSS

                                    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                      • 64k Posts
                                      • 8k Reputation
                                      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      oth, Carter banned immigration of Iranians back in the day. I think liberals agreed with that.

                                      But let a non-liberal knee jerk about banning the immigration of Muslims, well, that's "offensive".

                                      We can't let the whole world come here to live - there isn't room. Control it, and freaking VET

                                      every single one.

                                      I still say, all this wailing over what Trump said, that was dumb, and that German Christian family

                                      was refused to be allowed to stay in the U.S., and the obamao regime fought and fought

                                      to make them go back to Germany.

                                      I mean, seriously?

                                      http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/261062/carter-banned-iranians-coming-us-during-hostage-daniel-greenfield

                                      OsirisO 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                        • 64k Posts
                                        • 8k Reputation
                                        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        By the way, I heard a couple of Muslim leaders of groups... talk about how they

                                        agreed with Trump on that. They said we can't let the threat of violence just

                                        come here along with all those who truly wish to live here..

                                        my paraphrasing....

                                        StinkHoleS 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                          • 39k Posts
                                          • 9k Reputation
                                          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          What would anyone guess is the percentage of tainted and dangerous food by the time that a complete recall is ordered?

                                          WSS

                                          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate