Skip to content

Browns Receivers - 2016

The Browns Board
42 23 1.6k
  • @medinadawg said:

    I just think the year-long suspension will have him on the straight-and-narrow road. He's had plenty of time to reflect on it and knows he gone for good with one more screw-up. I think putting your faith in Gordon is the safer bet than those still clamoring for Manziel. I wonder if he had to go through any drug testing during his suspension?

    As a browns fan I pull for both. But one day JM pointed the finger at himself. That Josh cant do. Sure they both get tested.

    @gumby73 said:

    As a browns fan I pull for both. But one day JM pointed the finger at himself. That Josh cant do. Sure they both get tested.

    I think Josh absolutely pointed the finger at himself in the open letter he wrote.

    https://thecauldron.si.com/an-open-letter-to-charles-barkley-co-cb5c4e64cf3#.rg80dg8mb

  • I predict neither Pryor or Hartline will be on the team next year. I think Pryor struggles with the mental aspect of football and my guess is that his overall receiver skills are lacking. If the Pats couldn't find a use with him, then there is something wrong. Hartline has just been unimpressive frankly. I rather drop an older and slow WR for a young guy in the draft. If the last few years around the league have showed us anything, its that top level wrs in college can make an immediate impact.

  • I predict neither Pryor or Hartline will be on the team next year. I think Pryor struggles with the mental aspect of football and my guess is that his overall receiver skills are lacking. If the Pats couldn't find a use with him, then there is something wrong. Hartline has just been unimpressive frankly. I rather drop an older and slow WR for a young guy in the draft. If the last few years around the league have showed us anything, its that top level wrs in college can make an immediate impact.

    @kent said:

    If the last few years around the league have showed us anything, its that top level wrs in college can make an immediate impact.

    Our illustrious GM respectfully (or not) disagrees with everything in that statement- go figure huh?

    It's the main reason I want him gone. Plus Bowe whose greatest impact is on the gatoraide containers.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    He didn't exactly thrill me with his short performance last year.

    I'm not certain, but I think Hartline only signed a 1 yr deal.

    Agree with the thrill deficit, but two things hurt Gordon's 2014... the long delay between camp and playing, and limited QB arms.

    Eliminating the first factor is on him (assuming the NFL does not drag out his reinstatement as long as it did his hearing under the new CBA). Clearly we're in better shape with the latter factor.

    And Hart is ours through 2016...

    http://overthecap.com/player/brian-hartline/671/

    @tour2ma said:

    Agree with the thrill deficit, but two things hurt Gordon's 2014... the long delay between camp and playing, and limited QB arms.

    Eliminating the first factor is on him (assuming the NFL does not drag out his reinstatement as long as it did his hearing under the new CBA). Clearly we're in better shape with the latter factor.

    And Hart is ours through 2016...

    http://overthecap.com/player/brian-hartline/671/

    How much time do they have to get in sync with any of the quarterbacks? I think that was a big problem coming back in cold.

    If Pet, or whoever, can bring himself to choose one in the preseason...

    WSS

  • If Gordon gets hurt and/or Pryor doesn't pan out...

    of course you have to draft a WR. Maybe not the first round...who knows.

  • Look I'm not really an Ohio State fan but we as a fan base really seem to disproportionately like Pryor more than the rest of the nfl. I'm not sure I'm ready to call a spot filled with him, but I would love it to happen

  • I don't like Pryor! He was dishonest after the Orange bowl and said he was coming back for his final year. He ditched! Five players were suspended and a coach lost his job. Pryor is poison!

  • @tour2ma said:

    Agree with the thrill deficit, but two things hurt Gordon's 2014... the long delay between camp and playing, and limited QB arms.

    Eliminating the first factor is on him (assuming the NFL does not drag out his reinstatement as long as it did his hearing under the new CBA). Clearly we're in better shape with the latter factor.

    And Hart is ours through 2016...

    http://overthecap.com/player/brian-hartline/671/

    How much time do they have to get in sync with any of the quarterbacks? I think that was a big problem coming back in cold.

    If Pet, or whoever, can bring himself to choose one in the preseason...

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    How much time do they have to get in sync with any of the quarterbacks? I think that was a big problem coming back in cold.

    If Pet, or whoever, can bring himself to choose one in the preseason...

    Undoubtedly that was a factor for JG in 2014.

    Looking forward, I'd imagine McC would enter 2016 camp as #1. Mostly because 1's will get less work than 2's early Pre-season. If JM is here, I foresee another real QB battle. In any case I'd expect a game rusty JG to see more field time than most of the other 1st teamers.

  • I probably wouldn't draft one either. We have very little in the way of passing game issues. If we're going to spend a high pick on flash, I'd rather it be a RB.

  • @westside-steve said:

    How much time do they have to get in sync with any of the quarterbacks? I think that was a big problem coming back in cold.

    If Pet, or whoever, can bring himself to choose one in the preseason...

    Undoubtedly that was a factor for JG in 2014.

    Looking forward, I'd imagine McC would enter 2016 camp as #1. Mostly because 1's will get less work than 2's early Pre-season. If JM is here, I foresee another real QB battle. In any case I'd expect a game rusty JG to see more field time than most of the other 1st teamers.

    @tour2ma said:

    Undoubtedly that was a factor for JG in 2014.

    Looking forward, I'd imagine McC would enter 2016 camp as #1. Mostly because 1's will get less work than 2's early Pre-season. If JM is here, I foresee another real QB battle. In any case I'd expect a game rusty JG to see more field time than most of the other 1st teamers.

    Unless it's Gruden at HC.

    😉

    WSS

  • @canton-dawg said:

    He didn't exactly thrill me with his short performance last year.

    I'm not certain, but I think Hartline only signed a 1 yr deal.

    Agree with the thrill deficit, but two things hurt Gordon's 2014... the long delay between camp and playing, and limited QB arms.

    Eliminating the first factor is on him (assuming the NFL does not drag out his reinstatement as long as it did his hearing under the new CBA). Clearly we're in better shape with the latter factor.

    And Hart is ours through 2016...

    http://overthecap.com/player/brian-hartline/671/

    @tour2ma said:

    Agree with the thrill deficit, but two things hurt Gordon's 2014... the long delay between camp and playing, and limited QB arms.

    Eliminating the first factor is on him (assuming the NFL does not drag out his reinstatement as long as it did his hearing under the new CBA). Clearly we're in better shape with the latter factor.

    And Hart is ours through 2016...

    http://overthecap.com/player/brian-hartline/671/

    I'm a Gordon supporter, but last year was on him.

    Deandre Hopkins managing with that limited arm.

    Zombo

  • I've said it too many times on this board, but I'll say it again. I have hope for Gordon, and if/when he comes back, it would change the entire dynamic of our WR's. Defenses will absolutely have to double Gordon, or at the very least, shift help over his way. That creates opportunities for Benji and our emerging Barnidge, and whoever else we have next year. Gordon is the type of guy that can take a normal pass and take it to the house. I'm not saying he can do it every game, or that it will happen often, but he has that kind of ability, and that's what we're sorely lacking.

    Since I'm feeling in a ridiculously optimistic mood, I'll take it a step further. How about Pryor? I don't expect much from him during these four games, but what excites me is hearing that he reported last week in basically the best physical shape possible. He didn't get down on himself, he only worked harder. So if he's on our team, how hard is this guy going to work during the offseason? He's probably going to report to mini camp looking even better, and by the time camp comes around, who knows? Listen, I'm not saying Pryor is going to be great or anything, but anyone with his immense physical gifts has a chance, and that chance is augmented when the individual has tremendous work ethic.

    So we have Benji, Gordon, Pryor, and Hawkins. That's a combination of size, speed, and homerun talent (I hope). And yes, I understand how ridiculous I sound, but I don't feel like singing the blues right now. Eventually things will work out, and it will take a bit of luck for the pieces to come together.

  • Well said, jiggins.

  • If Gordon gets hurt and/or Pryor doesn't pan out...

    of course you have to draft a WR. Maybe not the first round...who knows.

    @calfoxwc said:

    If Gordon gets hurt and/or Pryor doesn't pan out...

    of course you have to draft a WR. Maybe not the first round...who knows.

    Well sure, drafting a WR somewhere in the draft makes sense, but not with your first pick. I think with Gordon, Benjamin and Barnidge out there, Pryor is going to have an easier time finding himself open. I like the thought of Gordon, Barnidge and Pryor in the red-zone, all together.

  • Bowe was signed to get Cleveland over the minimum roster cost for a team.. so that Lerner could keep banking the sweet profit from revenue-sharing. He was not ever going to catch passes on Sunday.

  • Bowe was signed to get Cleveland over the minimum roster cost for a team.. so that Lerner could keep banking the sweet profit from revenue-sharing. He was not ever going to catch passes on Sunday.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Bowe was signed to get Cleveland over the minimum roster cost for a team.. so that Lerner could keep banking the sweet profit from revenue-sharing. He was not ever going to catch passes on Sunday.

    Damn you Lerner!

    WSS

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Bowe was signed to get Cleveland over the minimum roster cost for a team.. so that Lerner could keep banking the sweet profit from revenue-sharing. He was not ever going to catch passes on Sunday.

    Damn you Lerner!

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Damn you Lerner!

    WSS

    We'll never lern.....er.......

  • Bowe is a genius. Getting paid millions of dollars to do nothing. Respect. lol

  • @westside-steve said:

    Damn you Lerner!

    WSS

    We'll never lern.....er.......

    @mudfly said:

    We'll never lern.....er.......

    Slow Learner.

  • I'd really like to see Pryor in some red zone looks. Dude looked huge out there compared to the rest of the group . . .