Skip to content

Kruger Knows What You're Feeling Mario

The Browns Board
104 18 2.5k
  • @flugel said:

    Is it easy to sack people in coverage or did Mario Williams have a legit scheme-induced gripe? If you understand the point of the article - you understand the same exact drop off in sack volume.

    Flug, your typically one of the better posters on this board but this post leaves me scratching my head.

    What does Mario Williams have to do with Paul Kruger?

    What does Rex Ryan have to do with Pettine?

    What does the Buffalo Bills have to do with the Cleveland Browns?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #19

    @canton-dawg said:

    Flug, your typically one of the better posters on this board but this post leaves me scratching my head.

    What does Mario Williams have to do with Paul Kruger?

    What does Rex Ryan have to do with Pettine?

    What does the Buffalo Bills have to do with the Cleveland Browns?

    Just another effort to discredit Pettine....but without any stats or facts.....just the same innuendo weve been hearing for weeks, without any backing....

    Probably the reason he's using the Buffalo article to back his argument, because there are no facts, stats or articles relating to Cleveland that will support this Kruger coverage argument....

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Another thing I don't understand is why does Pettine get the blame for Kruger's poor performance on the field, yet he doesn't get any credit for Kruger's career season in 2014?

    Makes no sense.

  • Another thing I don't understand is why does Pettine get the blame for Kruger's poor performance on the field, yet he doesn't get any credit for Kruger's career season in 2014?

    Makes no sense.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @canton-dawg said:

    Another thing I don't understand is why does Pettine get the blame for Kruger's poor performance on the field, yet he doesn't get any credit for Kruger's career season in 2014?

    Makes no sense.

    Right.....and the same can be said for many other players......it's called "an agenda"......

    Lynch mob mentality is rarely rational....

  • RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by
    #22

    someone LOVES Paul Kruger thread 2014

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31036

    Paul Kruger signs 2013 thread. Miktoxic predicts Raven demise.

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25651

  • Another thing I don't understand is why does Pettine get the blame for Kruger's poor performance on the field, yet he doesn't get any credit for Kruger's career season in 2014?

    Makes no sense.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @canton-dawg said:

    Another thing I don't understand is why does Pettine get the blame for Kruger's poor performance on the field, yet he doesn't get any credit for Kruger's career season in 2014?

    Makes no sense.

    People read and see what they want to see. For example, Mud never wanted people to see Kruger's 4.5 sacks in the post season extract of best football against best/playoff competition so he made sure he sure he didn't share that with his facts interestingly enough.

  • someone LOVES Paul Kruger thread 2014

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31036

    Paul Kruger signs 2013 thread. Miktoxic predicts Raven demise.

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25651

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @richiswhere said:

    someone LOVES Paul Kruger thread 2014

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31036

    Paul Kruger signs 2013 thread. Miktoxic predicts Raven demise.

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25651

    wow, thanks rich for pulling that up.

    makes me feel bad for calling you a stooler's troll all these years. 😉

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #25

    You're still ignoring the numbers Fluges.....but I didnt expect anything different.....

    Show me where Kruger covers more.....or how the D changed this year to make him worse....or why Armonty and Orchard can get to the QB, while Kruger cant....

    And I didnt "not share" anything....I compared 16 game seasons so the numbers stacked fairly....

    Yeah...Kruger had 4 post season sacks....on a Super Bowl team where he was surrounded by TOP quality players.....he NEVER saw a double team, so life was good that particular year....(funny how Baltimore never thought he was good enough to start)

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Another thing I don't understand is why does Pettine get the blame for Kruger's poor performance on the field, yet he doesn't get any credit for Kruger's career season in 2014?

    Makes no sense.

    Right.....and the same can be said for many other players......it's called "an agenda"......

    Lynch mob mentality is rarely rational....

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @mudfly said:

    Right.....and the same can be said for many other players......it's called "an agenda"......

    Lynch mob mentality is rarely rational....

    But insinuating a head coach that has led us to 3-15 in our last 18 games where 5 of the last 6 games we gave up over 30 points is gotta keep material is rational? Good luck with that...

  • You're still ignoring the numbers Fluges.....but I didnt expect anything different.....

    Show me where Kruger covers more.....or how the D changed this year to make him worse....or why Armonty and Orchard can get to the QB, while Kruger cant....

    And I didnt "not share" anything....I compared 16 game seasons so the numbers stacked fairly....

    Yeah...Kruger had 4 post season sacks....on a Super Bowl team where he was surrounded by TOP quality players.....he NEVER saw a double team, so life was good that particular year....(funny how Baltimore never thought he was good enough to start)

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @mudfly said:

    You're still ignoring the numbers Fluges.....but I didnt expect anything different.....

    Show me where Kruger covers more.....or how the D changed this year to make him worse....or why Armonty and Orchard can get to the QB, while Kruger cant....

    And I didnt "not share" anything....I compared 16 game seasons so the numbers stacked fairly....

    Yeah...Kruger had 4 post season sacks....on a Super Bowl team where he was surrounded by TOP quality players.....he NEVER saw a double team, so life was good that particular year....(funny how Baltimore never thought he was good enough to start)

    As much as I love what I feel Nate can be as a player, there is little truth to this statement aside from the San Fran game.

    Monty and Orchard have been up and down at applying pressure this season. Which, is to be expected.

  • @mudfly said:

    Right.....and the same can be said for many other players......it's called "an agenda"......

    Lynch mob mentality is rarely rational....

    But insinuating a head coach that has led us to 3-15 in our last 18 games where 5 of the last 6 games we gave up over 30 points is gotta keep material is rational? Good luck with that...

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @flugel said:

    But insinuating a head coach that has led us to 3-15 in our last 18 games where 5 of the last 6 games we gave up over 30 points is gotta keep material is rational? Good luck with that...

    Never said he was "gotta keep"......stop trying to twist and, for once, try to actually consider what is said....

    But....for like the 50th time, you still haven't backed or answered one single question, stat or point....

    Just blah blah blah, with zero actual fact or content....Kruger sucks, case closed.

  • @mudfly said:

    You're still ignoring the numbers Fluges.....but I didnt expect anything different.....

    Show me where Kruger covers more.....or how the D changed this year to make him worse....or why Armonty and Orchard can get to the QB, while Kruger cant....

    And I didnt "not share" anything....I compared 16 game seasons so the numbers stacked fairly....

    Yeah...Kruger had 4 post season sacks....on a Super Bowl team where he was surrounded by TOP quality players.....he NEVER saw a double team, so life was good that particular year....(funny how Baltimore never thought he was good enough to start)

    As much as I love what I feel Nate can be as a player, there is little truth to this statement aside from the San Fran game.

    Monty and Orchard have been up and down at applying pressure this season. Which, is to be expected.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #29

    @tiamat63 said:

    As much as I love what I feel Nate can be as a player, there is little truth to this statement aside from the San Fran game.

    Monty and Orchard have been up and down at applying pressure this season. Which, is to be expected.

    Up or down?.....sure.......while Kruger has been down the whole time....

    No matter how you slice it, Armonty and Orchard get home more than twice as often as Kruger does....

    In the same system.....with the same coaches.....etc

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #30

    flugs there is no doubt the record sucks and pettine has to assume accountability BUT does that mean clean house? i mean look at our record with coaches. hire/fire. 1 year, 2 years? really??

    so we clean house rinse and repeat how many times until you give a guy a chance through how many drafts, through injuries, through young player's growth, through finding a friggin QB, through dealing with busts and bad FA signings......... hell what 'acclaimed' coach would even set foot in cleveland with their record of hiring/firing? that's right, none.

    that's why i'm thinking haslam is going to deflect and debunk all the naysayers and let pettine ride out his contract and decide then, NOT now, whether to keep him or let him go. i mean what's another year of riding through turbulence when that's all we've been doing for over 2 decades?

    and as usual be careful what you wish for you holmgren lovers.

  • flugs there is no doubt the record sucks and pettine has to assume accountability BUT does that mean clean house? i mean look at our record with coaches. hire/fire. 1 year, 2 years? really??

    so we clean house rinse and repeat how many times until you give a guy a chance through how many drafts, through injuries, through young player's growth, through finding a friggin QB, through dealing with busts and bad FA signings......... hell what 'acclaimed' coach would even set foot in cleveland with their record of hiring/firing? that's right, none.

    that's why i'm thinking haslam is going to deflect and debunk all the naysayers and let pettine ride out his contract and decide then, NOT now, whether to keep him or let him go. i mean what's another year of riding through turbulence when that's all we've been doing for over 2 decades?

    and as usual be careful what you wish for you holmgren lovers.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #31

    @miktoxic said:

    .... hell what 'acclaimed' coach would even set foot in cleveland with their record of hiring/firing? that's right, none.

    If they fire Pettine, there is not a single coach worth his salt that would come here and accept a 2 year deal to make this team a winner.....not a single one.....

    So....fire away and then get ready for 5 more years of shit.......(along with another 2.5 HC's)

  • @miktoxic said:

    .... hell what 'acclaimed' coach would even set foot in cleveland with their record of hiring/firing? that's right, none.

    If they fire Pettine, there is not a single coach worth his salt that would come here and accept a 2 year deal to make this team a winner.....not a single one.....

    So....fire away and then get ready for 5 more years of shit.......(along with another 2.5 HC's)

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @mudfly said:

    If they fire Pettine, there is not a single coach worth his salt that would come here and accept a 2 year deal to make this team a winner.....not a single one.....

    So....fire away and then get ready for 5 more years of shit.......(along with another 2.5 HC's)

    Cowher, Gruden and Dungy are all buying houses in Cleveland. For the Dungy lovers.....he was quoted this week as saying he wouldn't have drafted Manziel and he wouldn't want that distraction in his locker room. So for the Dungy lovers, say goodbye to JFF should that rumor come true.

  • someone LOVES Paul Kruger thread 2014

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31036

    Paul Kruger signs 2013 thread. Miktoxic predicts Raven demise.

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25651

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @richiswhere said:

    someone LOVES Paul Kruger thread 2014

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31036

    Paul Kruger signs 2013 thread. Miktoxic predicts Raven demise.

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25651

    yup, I was very high on Kruger based off what I saw him do going around the corner for Blt. I saw some of that dropoff in 13 but I though nah he's just getting used to being a legit full time 3-4 OLB'er. He'll get it together. Next year same thing, he's adjusting to a new scheme under Pettine..he's starting to show some signs of life but not what we expect out of 8m in salary blah blah blah.

    I'm done now. I'm seeing the EXACT same technique out of him as I did in 13. He hasn't refined his pass rushing skillset even ONE iota. That to me is a red flag about a player. He's counting the days he can go back to Utah with a fat retirement stash and have fun with his stock blonde wife. Can't hate on him for that but I don't want that in Cleveland anymore.

    This is also why I've gotten off the Bosa bandwagon to an extent even though he seems to be more serious about his craft. I'm just worried he'll be another coasting player collecting a paycheck from us.

  • @mudfly said:

    If they fire Pettine, there is not a single coach worth his salt that would come here and accept a 2 year deal to make this team a winner.....not a single one.....

    So....fire away and then get ready for 5 more years of shit.......(along with another 2.5 HC's)

    Cowher, Gruden and Dungy are all buying houses in Cleveland. For the Dungy lovers.....he was quoted this week as saying he wouldn't have drafted Manziel and he wouldn't want that distraction in his locker room. So for the Dungy lovers, say goodbye to JFF should that rumor come true.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #34

    @mark-o said:

    So for the Dungy lovers, say goodbye to JFF should that rumor come true.

    i think jerry jones just raised his stakes in the manziel to dallas trade rumours considering their pathetic backup QB play and their ouster from the playoffs...........again.

    it will get very interesting come the end of the year if manziel lights it up.

  • You're still ignoring the numbers Fluges.....but I didnt expect anything different.....

    Show me where Kruger covers more.....or how the D changed this year to make him worse....or why Armonty and Orchard can get to the QB, while Kruger cant....

    And I didnt "not share" anything....I compared 16 game seasons so the numbers stacked fairly....

    Yeah...Kruger had 4 post season sacks....on a Super Bowl team where he was surrounded by TOP quality players.....he NEVER saw a double team, so life was good that particular year....(funny how Baltimore never thought he was good enough to start)

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @mudfly said:

    Yeah...Kruger had 4 post season sacks....on a Super Bowl team where he was surrounded by TOP quality players.....he NEVER saw a double team, so life was good that particular year....(funny how Baltimore never thought he was good enough to start)

    He's never seen one single double team here in Cleveland either, so what changed? My opinion is that he was bigger and stronger in Blt and that made up to some extent for his deficit in passrushing skills.

  • You're still ignoring the numbers Fluges.....but I didnt expect anything different.....

    Show me where Kruger covers more.....or how the D changed this year to make him worse....or why Armonty and Orchard can get to the QB, while Kruger cant....

    And I didnt "not share" anything....I compared 16 game seasons so the numbers stacked fairly....

    Yeah...Kruger had 4 post season sacks....on a Super Bowl team where he was surrounded by TOP quality players.....he NEVER saw a double team, so life was good that particular year....(funny how Baltimore never thought he was good enough to start)

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @mudfly said:

    You're still ignoring the numbers Fluges.....but I didnt expect anything different.....

    Show me where Kruger covers more.....or how the D changed this year to make him worse....or why Armonty and Orchard can get to the QB, while Kruger cant....

    And I didnt "not share" anything....I compared 16 game seasons so the numbers stacked fairly....

    Yeah...Kruger had 4 post season sacks....on a Super Bowl team where he was surrounded by TOP quality players.....he NEVER saw a double team, so life was good that particular year....(funny how Baltimore never thought he was good enough to start)

    He complained about it. you read everything but you magically missed that? Just last week, there's a replay of Armonty Bryant covering Anquan Boldin while we're thanking our lucky stars the QB was only Blaine Gabbert.

    Mud, the parallels of drop off in sack volumes for both Mario and Kruger by 10 sacks in season #2 of Ryan/Pett final install have both edge rushers fielding similar complaints.I know you tried to tell me Buffalo played 4-3 but I corrected that by naming all 4 LBers and who the 3 who began the year up front.

    If things are as flawless as you think here - why so many 2nd year slumps in the system starting with Haden week 1 (and not getting any better vrs Oakland's rookie a few weeks later before getting injured), Gipson, Whitner, K'Wuan Williams, Craig Robertson (who enjoyed his best year at the end of 2014), even our best 2 gap linemen John Hughes, while Kirksey still looks to be on a learning curve. Hopefuls to grow into positions like Carder and Bademosi and even Solomon - just didn't develop. Is it the teachers or just a bunch of really bad students?

    Offensively, Benjamin, Barnidge and all the QBs enjoyed massive improvements so their position coaches deserve my praise.I never thought Schwartz was a bad football player or run blocker in particular when we never had as much trouble running outside of tackle as we did inside of tackle prior to 2014. Not only that, but the zbs at Cal was what made him a 2nd round prospect so returning to that comfort zone should have brought out the best in him in 2014 and he's played very well again in 2015. One is only surprised about that if they sucked in the past. Greco came off his best season in 2014 but 2015 doesn't look nearly as good to me outside of last week. Bitonio, who you and I agreed was a great pick had a noticeable soph slump while I've seen Joe Thomas play much better football than I have in 2015 - same with Mack even though I get the injury excuse to an extent. Crow averaged 5.4 yards a carry for about 6-8 weeks in 2014 and he's had a big slump until last week's measuring stick. Gabriel had a gigantic soph slump prior to the post traumatic stress collisions caused by St Louis' secondary.

    Our Special Teams continuity of flags during the returns and/or kicks getting blocked at the worst of times or roughing a punter after we held Oakland to a rare 3 and out - haven't really given me the silver linings from this staff to cling to. I'm trying to give you examples of what I think about what Pettine's hand selected teachers for progress in Cleveland. We're not 3-15 in our last 18 games simply by accident. Way too many 2nd year slumps on the defense and in our running game coupled with a STs unit that remains frustrating to watch in Tabor's 3rd year here.

    What's not rational about thinking we deserve so much better - especially someone as loyal and devoted as you are? You deserve better Mud and that doesn't make you a bad fan or bad guy for raising your expectation above 1999 for 2015 and 2016. When I'm not feeling good about a part of this team - I go find me some Mudfly to read and so does a lot of people in here. I never wanted to be feeling this frustrated but I can't get myself to pretend we're all set with the trend at hand right now my man.

  • @miktoxic said:

    .... hell what 'acclaimed' coach would even set foot in cleveland with their record of hiring/firing? that's right, none.

    If they fire Pettine, there is not a single coach worth his salt that would come here and accept a 2 year deal to make this team a winner.....not a single one.....

    So....fire away and then get ready for 5 more years of shit.......(along with another 2.5 HC's)

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @mudfly said:

    If they fire Pettine, there is not a single coach worth his salt that would come here and accept a 2 year deal to make this team a winner.....not a single one.....

    So....fire away and then get ready for 5 more years of shit.......(along with another 2.5 HC's)

    I don't know why people don't understand this. If we fire Pettine this franchise goes into the black hole of shit football play cause not only will we not get good coaches, the only players we're gonna get are lower tier players trying to make a name or older players no one else wants to give that last contract to. This will be shit. Yes, more shit than it already is if that's conceivable. That comment from Bosa the other week is imo the beginning of a list of talented players that will not just salt the org but also the city so that it makes 100% sure no one here will want anything to do with them. Does the word pariah cover this?

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #38

    And....for those who refuse to look at the real #s about what Kruger is asked to do....lets go one further/....

    As Ive mentioned in my previous posts, the Coaching staff HAS made adjustments(which folks seem to ignore as well).....and following week #4(10 weeks ago)....they completely changed what they were doing with him....

    So....weeks 1 thru 4, Kruger covered 40 times or 10 times per game...

    And, weeks 5 thru 13, he has covered a total of 18 times or 2 times per game....

    So, they basically moved him from strong side back to weak side, and cut him loose to go after the passer.....

    Only problem is that it hasn't worked.....still cant get there....and he's NOT covering crap.....