Another defensive scheme question?
-
Guess I'm just a glass half-full kinda guy...
I remember at least a half dozen plays when we rushed 3 or 4 and:
- Wilson had no one to throw to...
- we racked up a couple sacks...
- Wilson had to run for what he could get...
- Wilson had to chuck the ball OB...
... or maybe I need a new glass...
Na your glass is fine.Guess I'm just a glass half-full kinda guy...
I remember at least a half dozen plays when we rushed 3 or 4 and:
- Wilson had no one to throw to...
- we racked up a couple sacks...
- Wilson had to run for what he could get...
- Wilson had to chuck the ball OB...
... or maybe I need a new glass...
-
Guess I'm just a glass half-full kinda guy...
I remember at least a half dozen plays when we rushed 3 or 4 and:
- Wilson had no one to throw to...
- we racked up a couple sacks...
- Wilson had to run for what he could get...
- Wilson had to chuck the ball OB...
... or maybe I need a new glass...
-
Buddy Ryan is rolling in his grave. Rob out of football. Rex with a suppose to be better personal line up than us, has now lost his Defensive personal, now talking. This system now does not work due to coaches that understand what the tape shows. The Wild Cat will never work for the same reasons Flipo, Pryor not fooling anyone till he throws the ball.
-
The biggest problem with our defense is the lack of lb'ers... this has been the bane of this team and will continue to be so until the dolts in charge get a clue on how to win football games from within our division. The fucking blockheads we got trying to run this shit show think drafting 1 lb and getting some old fa just fixed it for us... complete fools is what they are. They will never ever be a really good team until they actually invest in defense and start drafting 2 or three lb'ers every year until the unit is actually feared on the field.
-
no, the secondary depth reached it's limits of capability against
good wr's.
Josh Cribbs said again on the radio today...that the offense needs PLAYMAKERS desperately...
but the defense's problems were mostly coaching.
I'll go with Cribbs.
-
Even when the secondary was healthy, they sucked.
Joe Haden is an average CB, and well paid, Whitner is old and well paid, Gibson has looked like garbage all year.
-
Buddy Ryan is rolling in his grave. Rob out of football. Rex with a suppose to be better personal line up than us, has now lost his Defensive personal, now talking. This system now does not work due to coaches that understand what the tape shows. The Wild Cat will never work for the same reasons Flipo, Pryor not fooling anyone till he throws the ball.
Buddy Ryan is rolling in his grave. Rob out of football. Rex with a suppose to be better personal line up than us, has now lost his Defensive personal, now talking. This system now does not work due to coaches that understand what the tape shows. The Wild Cat will never work for the same reasons Flipo, Pryor not fooling anyone till he throws the ball.
I think you mean IF Buddy Ryan were dead, he would be rolling in his grave.
-
We are all rolling over in our graves watching this defense
And we are all still alive
-
Even when the secondary was healthy, they sucked.
149
*****************************
Not last year. Ask A. J. Green and Antonio Brown.
Haden is all pro for a reason. He is having a tough year this year.
I hope he comes back to form next year.
-
How good was he when he got burned for a late Td against Jax last year or when he got beat all day by the Jets this year....
He is no great shut down CB
never was
He is like Johnny, fools gold.....Looks good sometimes, and then looks like crap
Joe Haden is one of the most overrated CB in the NFL. Always has been.
-
Buddy Ryan is rolling in his grave. Rob out of football. Rex with a suppose to be better personal line up than us, has now lost his Defensive personal, now talking. This system now does not work due to coaches that understand what the tape shows. The Wild Cat will never work for the same reasons Flipo, Pryor not fooling anyone till he throws the ball.
I think you mean IF Buddy Ryan were dead, he would be rolling in his grave.
I think you mean IF Buddy Ryan were dead, he would be rolling in his grave.
I apologize to all Ryan's in the world. Buddy is just fine at the age of 84 but he did lose his wife to Alzheimer per Wicko. Send no Bounty Thugs
Needs to retrain his Ryan Tree (part 6). -
Watching the Saints tonight. I'm guessing they run the same defense as the Browns......
The Ryan family defense has been figured out.
-
well then, name one cb in NFL history that never made a mistake,
never gave up a touchdown.
Go ahead, make my haysies.
-
They all give up big plays
Joe Haden gives them up every week
Just watch the games
When the other team needs a big play, they TARGET Haden
-
only because he was playing hurt.
look at his stats against the leagues best wr's last year.
I'm correct here:
yes, that's from 2013. He struggled this year. I hope he's okay for next year.
Ipo is coming....
-
This is 2015. What happened in 2014?
-
You can claim Haden is all that
watch him play. He gets beat all the time.
He gets beat way more then he makes a play
Almost anyone can make the pro-bowl
Look at Whitner, or Gibson
-
I truly believe our corners are told to play that far off the ball because the coaches know they would get beat over the top on every play if they started at the line if scrimmage.. Our strategy against Seattle looked like it was solely concerned with avoiding the big play. The defense did this effectively. The problem is Seattle dinked and dunked across the field for long scoring drives and made us pay anyway..
-
I think you mean IF Buddy Ryan were dead, he would be rolling in his grave.
I apologize to all Ryan's in the world. Buddy is just fine at the age of 84 but he did lose his wife to Alzheimer per Wicko. Send no Bounty Thugs
Needs to retrain his Ryan Tree (part 6).
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login