Skip to content

Farmer Gone?

The Browns Board
53 24 2.1k
  • This is what I want. Get rid of this arrogant asshat, and keep SOME of our other pieces. O'Neil can take a hike, but I want to keep the others. Oh, and a new OL coach. Pettine is a first time coach, I'm on board for a 3rd year. He's a notoriously hard worker, and I want to see if he can improve. But he simply MUST sever the umbilical cord with O'Neil.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    This is what I want. Get rid of this arrogant asshat, and keep SOME of our other pieces. O'Neil can take a hike, but I want to keep the others. Oh, and a new OL coach. Pettine is a first time coach, I'm on board for a 3rd year. He's a notoriously hard worker, and I want to see if he can improve. But he simply MUST sever the umbilical cord with O'Neil.

    I think this may be the right formula. Dump the OL coach and the DC.....as these were our biggest problem areas. Get a GM that can recognize talent above the 4th round.

    I could have drafted as well as Farmer just by looking at CBS sports or Walter Football.....or even Kiper...and choosing from there lists.

    Giving Pettine another year would be OK.....as long as, yes, he brings in a professional DC....not the bum they have now.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    This is what I want. Get rid of this arrogant asshat, and keep SOME of our other pieces. O'Neil can take a hike, but I want to keep the others. Oh, and a new OL coach. Pettine is a first time coach, I'm on board for a 3rd year. He's a notoriously hard worker, and I want to see if he can improve. But he simply MUST sever the umbilical cord with O'Neil.

    I think this may be the right formula. Dump the OL coach and the DC.....as these were our biggest problem areas. Get a GM that can recognize talent above the 4th round.

    I could have drafted as well as Farmer just by looking at CBS sports or Walter Football.....or even Kiper...and choosing from there lists.

    Giving Pettine another year would be OK.....as long as, yes, he brings in a professional DC....not the bum they have now.

    @the-gipper said:

    I think this may be the right formula. Dump the OL coach and the DC.....as these were our biggest problem areas. Get a GM that can recognize talent above the 4th round.

    I could have drafted as well as Farmer just by looking at CBS sports or Walter Football.....or even Kiper...and choosing from there lists.

    Giving Pettine another year would be OK.....as long as, yes, he brings in a professional DC....not the bum they have now.

    Gipper, we have no OL coach. He got dumped for his 'snafu' early in the season. We've had an interim assistant guy doing the job, but frankly we should just have had Joe Thomas coaching the guys.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think this may be the right formula. Dump the OL coach and the DC.....as these were our biggest problem areas. Get a GM that can recognize talent above the 4th round.

    I could have drafted as well as Farmer just by looking at CBS sports or Walter Football.....or even Kiper...and choosing from there lists.

    Giving Pettine another year would be OK.....as long as, yes, he brings in a professional DC....not the bum they have now.

    Gipper, we have no OL coach. He got dumped for his 'snafu' early in the season. We've had an interim assistant guy doing the job, but frankly we should just have had Joe Thomas coaching the guys.

    @gftchris said:

    Gipper, we have no OL coach. He got dumped for his 'snafu' early in the season. We've had an interim assistant guy doing the job, but frankly we should just have had Joe Thomas coaching the guys.

    Right....when Andy Moeller got fired it has been a bandaid applied as far as OL coaching.

    JT could very well go into coaching when his playing days are done.

  • They better not fire him unless they have a true plan in place (as much as I hate to write that). Firing him and hoping to lure someone will just continue the stupid inept cycle the Browns have perfected.

    Yeah, he has totally screwed up 2 drafts. If there is a strike 3 with him, then I'd can him.

  • I wish the source was more credible...

    Omar Kelly is Wrong @OmarsMistakes

    The purpose of this account is to point out the many mistakes, or embarrassing moments, that come from South Florida's most obnoxious sports writer, Omar Kelly.

  • I wish the source was more credible...

    Omar Kelly is Wrong @OmarsMistakes

    The purpose of this account is to point out the many mistakes, or embarrassing moments, that come from South Florida's most obnoxious sports writer, Omar Kelly.

    @tour2ma said:

    I wish the source was more credible...

    Omar Kelly is Wrong @OmarsMistakes

    The purpose of this account is to point out the many mistakes, or embarrassing moments, that come from South Florida's most obnoxious sports writer, Omar Kelly.

    Yea, I don't put any credence in this just because this guy says it.....I put credence in it because many, many people have said it and have speculated about it...and because of his record.

    And it is not just the first rounders:

    Terence West....traded up for and taken in 3rd round.......busted out

    Vince Mayle...4th round.....cut before season started

    Plus Gilbert/Johnny/Erving/Shelton......all with suspect futures and suspect production to date

    (but I do expect Erving/Shelton/Cooper/Orchard/Johnson/Campbell to come around)

    Bito was best pick so far. Kirksey OK.

  • Ray Farmer getting pissy with DPN, he tweeted this afternoon . . .

    @RealRayFarmer

    @DawgPoundNation @hometowng eat my ass hack

  • Ray Farmer getting pissy with DPN, he tweeted this afternoon . . .

    @RealRayFarmer

    @DawgPoundNation @hometowng eat my ass hack

    @canton-dawg said:

    Ray Farmer getting pissy with DPN, he tweeted this afternoon . . .

    @RealRayFarmer

    @DawgPoundNation @hometowng eat my ass hack

    No way......seriously??.....no way.....gotta be a fake account or something....seriously?......

  • Mud, I can't vouch for the validity of who tweeted that (so take that with a grain of salt).

    Here's the screenshot. . .

    post-28000-0-94854900-1450903791_thumb.jpg

  • Mud, I can't vouch for the validity of who tweeted that (so take that with a grain of salt).

    Here's the screenshot. . .

    post-28000-0-94854900-1450903791_thumb.jpg

    @canton-dawg said:

    Mud, I can't vouch for the validity of who tweeted that (so take that with a grain of salt).

    Here's the screenshot. . .

    attachicon.gifRRF.JPG

    the fact that the guy tweeting had to put "Real Ray Farmer" on the account leads me to believe it is certainly not the real Ray Farmer.

  • Grain of salt.

  • Ray Farmer is not on twitter.

    Z

  • Meteoric rise to fame?

    WSS

  • Considering some of our pro bowlers have played like rookies under these coaches, I'm loathe to say the Farmer drafts have been busts already, Gilbert aside.

  • This is what I want. Get rid of this arrogant asshat, and keep SOME of our other pieces. O'Neil can take a hike, but I want to keep the others. Oh, and a new OL coach. Pettine is a first time coach, I'm on board for a 3rd year. He's a notoriously hard worker, and I want to see if he can improve. But he simply MUST sever the umbilical cord with O'Neil.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    This is what I want. Get rid of this arrogant asshat, and keep SOME of our other pieces. O'Neil can take a hike, but I want to keep the others. Oh, and a new OL coach. Pettine is a first time coach, I'm on board for a 3rd year. He's a notoriously hard worker, and I want to see if he can improve. But he simply MUST sever the umbilical cord with O'Neil.

    I am not totally opposed to this. The issue however is the D that Oneil is running is Pettines defense. He's even said he wouldn't make the calls any differently. He'd have to be willing to bring in a new D coordinator who runs a different defense. Not sure he would do well with that.
  • Ray Farmer is not on twitter.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Ray Farmer is not on twitter.

    Z

    He sure is on Twitter! He just never tweets anything. He's @RayFarmerGm

  • Dawg Pound Nation is about as credible as John Manzeil telling everyone how his weekend go. I'd believe walter and Stockton before I'd put any faith in these bozos

  • 1/4/2016 we may know more! I'll wait for the official word.

    Mike

  • 1/4/2016 we may know more! I'll wait for the official word.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    1/4 we may know more! I'll wait for the official word.

    Mike

    I honestly believe that. Ask these morons and they will tell you they broke the hiring of Mike Pettine story first when they first started up. I told them on their Facebook page I heard it from Brownsboard an hour before they posted anything and their was like 4 guys posting links from other credible sources as well as Twitter before them. Needless to say I was booted from that group 5 minutes later.

  • Ray Farmer getting pissy with DPN, he tweeted this afternoon . . .

    @RealRayFarmer

    @DawgPoundNation @hometowng eat my ass hack

    @canton-dawg said:

    Ray Farmer getting pissy with DPN, he tweeted this afternoon . . .

    @RealRayFarmer

    @DawgPoundNation @hometowng eat my ass hack

    Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out of town.

    VesnaKociper said:

    Dumbest fucking fans in ALL of the NFL.

    Farmer drafted quality players that all were good performers in their respective groups. That the team in general blows is his fault? SO, hist draft pics suck? Is it his fault that all the other players suck?

    You guys really are dickheads. Gullible dickheads.

    Give farmer's picks to Belichik and they would all be solid contributors. As if there is some fucking magic to picking the exact talent when your pick comes up. I am supposed to believe that he picked ALL losers?

    Pettine is the problem. His fucking guys don't tackle, block, catch, follow assignments or play with discipline. That shit has nothing to do with Farmer.

    i GUARANTEE YOU..............Farmer will have a more successful Football career than anyone currently on the Browns staff.

    I'm not saying Pettine is blameless for the dumpster fire that is currently the Cleveland Browns.

    BUT I guarantee you Ghoolie, Farmer's 2014 draft is a pile of s**t. He took a guy (Gilbert) who can't even get on the field, and passed on four guys that made the Pro Bowl their rookie year.

    Then took Johnny Juicer instead of Carr or Bridgewater.

    Should I mention he gifted his washed up pal Blowe from his Kansas City $9 million to sit on his ass and do nothing? Drafted an OL (Erving) in the first round that blocks about as well as you could do?

    Traded away, or let walk- guys that are starting for teams in the Playoff hunt?