Skip to content

Farmer Gone?

The Browns Board
53 24 2.1k
  • 1/4/2016 we may know more! I'll wait for the official word.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    1/4 we may know more! I'll wait for the official word.

    Mike

    I honestly believe that. Ask these morons and they will tell you they broke the hiring of Mike Pettine story first when they first started up. I told them on their Facebook page I heard it from Brownsboard an hour before they posted anything and their was like 4 guys posting links from other credible sources as well as Twitter before them. Needless to say I was booted from that group 5 minutes later.

  • Ray Farmer getting pissy with DPN, he tweeted this afternoon . . .

    @RealRayFarmer

    @DawgPoundNation @hometowng eat my ass hack

    @canton-dawg said:

    Ray Farmer getting pissy with DPN, he tweeted this afternoon . . .

    @RealRayFarmer

    @DawgPoundNation @hometowng eat my ass hack

    Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out of town.

    VesnaKociper said:

    Dumbest fucking fans in ALL of the NFL.

    Farmer drafted quality players that all were good performers in their respective groups. That the team in general blows is his fault? SO, hist draft pics suck? Is it his fault that all the other players suck?

    You guys really are dickheads. Gullible dickheads.

    Give farmer's picks to Belichik and they would all be solid contributors. As if there is some fucking magic to picking the exact talent when your pick comes up. I am supposed to believe that he picked ALL losers?

    Pettine is the problem. His fucking guys don't tackle, block, catch, follow assignments or play with discipline. That shit has nothing to do with Farmer.

    i GUARANTEE YOU..............Farmer will have a more successful Football career than anyone currently on the Browns staff.

    I'm not saying Pettine is blameless for the dumpster fire that is currently the Cleveland Browns.

    BUT I guarantee you Ghoolie, Farmer's 2014 draft is a pile of s**t. He took a guy (Gilbert) who can't even get on the field, and passed on four guys that made the Pro Bowl their rookie year.

    Then took Johnny Juicer instead of Carr or Bridgewater.

    Should I mention he gifted his washed up pal Blowe from his Kansas City $9 million to sit on his ass and do nothing? Drafted an OL (Erving) in the first round that blocks about as well as you could do?

    Traded away, or let walk- guys that are starting for teams in the Playoff hunt?

  • Dawg Pound Nation is about as credible as John Manzeil telling everyone how his weekend go. I'd believe walter and Stockton before I'd put any faith in these bozos

    @cdl15 said:

    Dawg Pound Nation is about as credible as John Manzeil telling everyone how his weekend go. I'd believe walter and Stockton before I'd put any faith in these bozos

    As much as I agree and am no fan of the hacks at DPN - they aren't the original source.

  • The only one who should stay is the OC ....I would can the rest .....Pettine has made some criminal decisions during games and he has to go too .....

    New GM, HC and DC needed .......and I want an experienced HC not some poor co-ordinator like Shurmur.....my choice would be Gruden but there is little chance of getting him out of the ESPN booth ......

  • The only one who should stay is the OC ....I would can the rest .....Pettine has made some criminal decisions during games and he has to go too .....

    New GM, HC and DC needed .......and I want an experienced HC not some poor co-ordinator like Shurmur.....my choice would be Gruden but there is little chance of getting him out of the ESPN booth ......

    @darren15 said:

    ......and I want an experienced HC not some poor co-ordinator like Shurmur....

    Ha!....good luck with that......

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Ray Farmer getting pissy with DPN, he tweeted this afternoon . . .

    @RealRayFarmer

    @DawgPoundNation @hometowng eat my ass hack

    Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out of town.

    VesnaKociper said:

    Dumbest fucking fans in ALL of the NFL.

    Farmer drafted quality players that all were good performers in their respective groups. That the team in general blows is his fault? SO, hist draft pics suck? Is it his fault that all the other players suck?

    You guys really are dickheads. Gullible dickheads.

    Give farmer's picks to Belichik and they would all be solid contributors. As if there is some fucking magic to picking the exact talent when your pick comes up. I am supposed to believe that he picked ALL losers?

    Pettine is the problem. His fucking guys don't tackle, block, catch, follow assignments or play with discipline. That shit has nothing to do with Farmer.

    i GUARANTEE YOU..............Farmer will have a more successful Football career than anyone currently on the Browns staff.

    I'm not saying Pettine is blameless for the dumpster fire that is currently the Cleveland Browns.

    BUT I guarantee you Ghoolie, Farmer's 2014 draft is a pile of s**t. He took a guy (Gilbert) who can't even get on the field, and passed on four guys that made the Pro Bowl their rookie year.

    Then took Johnny Juicer instead of Carr or Bridgewater.

    Should I mention he gifted his washed up pal Blowe from his Kansas City $9 million to sit on his ass and do nothing? Drafted an OL (Erving) in the first round that blocks about as well as you could do?

    Traded away, or let walk- guys that are starting for teams in the Playoff hunt?

    @hoorta said:

    Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out of town.

    I'm not saying Pettine is blameless for the dumpster fire that is currently the Cleveland Browns.

    BUT I guarantee you Ghoolie, Farmer's 2014 draft is a pile of s**t. He took a guy (Gilbert) who can't even get on the field, and passed on four guys that made the Pro Bowl their rookie year.

    Then took Johnny Juicer instead of Carr or Bridgewater.

    Should I mention he gifted his washed up pal Blowe from his Kansas City $9 million to sit on his ass and do nothing? Drafted an OL (Erving) in the first round that blocks about as well as you could do?

    Traded away, or let walk- guys that are starting for teams in the Playoff hunt?

    And note: drafted Terence West and Vince Mayle with reasonably high picks and traded or cut them and got nothing in return.

    Now, perhaps BB can make chicken salad out of chicken shit. No one, I think, is comparing Pettine to BB.....or to anyone that resembles a quality HC. I agree that the coaching here sucks swamp water........but it doesn't help when 2 out of 3 of your high draft picks can't play the game hardly.

  • The only one who should stay is the OC ....I would can the rest .....Pettine has made some criminal decisions during games and he has to go too .....

    New GM, HC and DC needed .......and I want an experienced HC not some poor co-ordinator like Shurmur.....my choice would be Gruden but there is little chance of getting him out of the ESPN booth ......

    @darren15 said:

    The only one who should stay is the OC ....I would can the rest .....Pettine has made some criminal decisions during games and he has to go too .....

    New GM, HC and DC needed .......and I want an experienced HC not some poor co-ordinator like Shurmur.....my choice would be Gruden but there is little chance of getting him out of the ESPN booth ......

    Well, if a new GM and HC are hired....they are going to bring in their own OC. You could not require that these hirees retain anyone from the previous staff. They can do it if they want......I know some coaches have stayed through GM/HC transitions (Chris Tabor?)....but someone as important as the OC....no.

    By the way......How do you think Johnny would fair in the WCO?

  • @darren15 said:

    The only one who should stay is the OC ....I would can the rest .....Pettine has made some criminal decisions during games and he has to go too .....

    New GM, HC and DC needed .......and I want an experienced HC not some poor co-ordinator like Shurmur.....my choice would be Gruden but there is little chance of getting him out of the ESPN booth ......

    Well, if a new GM and HC are hired....they are going to bring in their own OC. You could not require that these hirees retain anyone from the previous staff. They can do it if they want......I know some coaches have stayed through GM/HC transitions (Chris Tabor?)....but someone as important as the OC....no.

    By the way......How do you think Johnny would fair in the WCO?

    @the-gipper said:

    By the way......How do you think Johnny would fair in the WCO?

    Well, tbh. His quick slant/underneath timing passes seem on the money and fast. Then he can do his thing when that breaks down and will be after less time than a normal system.

  • @the-gipper said:

    By the way......How do you think Johnny would fair in the WCO?

    Well, tbh. His quick slant/underneath timing passes seem on the money and fast. Then he can do his thing when that breaks down and will be after less time than a normal system.

    @gftchris said:

    Well, tbh. His quick slant/underneath timing passes seem on the money and fast. Then he can do his thing when that breaks down and will be after less time than a normal system.

    Well, the best in that system were Joe Montana and Steve Young....and they weren't huge each 6'2".

    The WCO that Shurmur tried here with McCoy certainly didn't work. Was that because the system was outdated? Because the coaching was piss poor (almost certainly a factor). Because McCoy was not good enough?

    Could JFF excel in it? Is he smart enough? I do believe it takes a very intelligent QB to master it.

    Who could the Browns even bring in to coach it?

    Here is a partial answer to my question that I found on Wiki:

    2014 present

    Baltimore Ravens John Harbaugh Gary Kubiak and Marc Trestman

    2014 present Cleveland Browns Mike Pettine Kyle Shanahan and John DeFilippo

    2014 present New York Giants Tom Coughlin Ben McAdoo

    2014 — Oakland Raiders Tony Sparano Greg Olson

    2014 present Washington Redskins Jay Gruden Sean McVay

    2015 present Atlanta Falcons Dan Quinn Kyle Shanahan

    2015 present Buffalo Bills Rex Ryan Greg Roman

    2015 present Denver Broncos Gary Kubiak Rick Dennison

    2015 present Oakland Raiders Jack Del Rio Bill Musgrave

    2015 present San Francisco 49ers Jim Tomsula Geep Chryst

    This says the Browns are using it now under Flip.

  • Yep, flip is a west coast guy if memory serves.

  • VesnaKociper said:

    Dumbest fucking fans in ALL of the NFL.

    Farmer drafted quality players that all were good performers in their respective groups. That the team in general blows is his fault? SO, hist draft pics suck? Is it his fault that all the other players suck?

    You guys really are dickheads. Gullible dickheads.

    Give farmer's picks to Belichik and they would all be solid contributors. As if there is some fucking magic to picking the exact talent when your pick comes up. I am supposed to believe that he picked ALL losers?

    Pettine is the problem. His fucking guys don't tackle, block, catch, follow assignments or play with discipline. That shit has nothing to do with Farmer.

    i GUARANTEE YOU..............Farmer will have a more successful Football career than anyone currently on the Browns staff.

    I am not a farmer fan...however a good case in point that you make is how sheard is playing...he's playing like a man possessed and alot of the espn analysts are saying he is the main reason the defense has stepped it up...when sheard was here, he was invisible for the most part...good point...

  • When sheard played as well as he has played for the pats we ran a 4-3 defense and he was a DE in 2012.... the pats run a 4-3 and he is a DE so his numbers are about what you would think they should be.

  • I really hope that whomever the coach is next year puts us back on track with a simple aggressive 4-3 and a power running game with a focus on the play action... what a nice christmas present that would be 🙂

  • When sheard played as well as he has played for the pats we ran a 4-3 defense and he was a DE in 2012.... the pats run a 4-3 and he is a DE so his numbers are about what you would think they should be.

    @cainedesoulis said:

    When sheard played as well as he has played for the pats we ran a 4-3 defense and he was a DE in 2012.... the pats run a 4-3 and he is a DE so his numbers are about what you would think they should be.

    he's playing better now than he did with this shitass team...regardless of what scheme they use or we use....we just cannot figure out anything except how to fucking lose...

  • When sheard played as well as he has played for the pats we ran a 4-3 defense and he was a DE in 2012.... the pats run a 4-3 and he is a DE so his numbers are about what you would think they should be.

    @cainedesoulis said:

    When sheard played as well as he has played for the pats we ran a 4-3 defense and he was a DE in 2012.... the pats run a 4-3 and he is a DE so his numbers are about what you would think they should be.

    Agreed....think it was pretty much the consensus that he was out of position at OLB and would probably flourish once he was back at DE with NE.....(though I knew the whining would start, if he did well)

    Never liked that conversion when Horton did it.....

    Here's the old discussion from when he left.....

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32284&hl=sheard

  • Farmer is hopefully gone and his replacement is i hope Elliot Wolf from the packers 🙂 since chris wont be the next HC i may aswell throw my hat in for Patricia from NE runs a 4-3 defense and hopefully his offensive scheme is okay

  • Farmer is responsible for making the weekly gameplan for pettine aswell. was suspended early this year has drafted players that are are not even playing in the nfl currently. He has had 2 years as gm to acquire talent and improve this team and he has failed in that misson. Sorry your hero has let you down but farmer has likely set the franchise back 2 years or so. Not to absolve pettine of any blame but we have had 1 coach leave because of farmer already and pettine has done nothing but complain about his intrusion's since week 10...i mean come on guy where there is smoke there is fire...

    I know you're really busy with your appointment under farmer's desk right now but if you could keep the useless noise down that would great. The grown ups are talking 🙂

  • VesnaKociper said:

    Dumbest fucking fans in ALL of the NFL.

    Farmer drafted quality players that all were good performers in their respective groups. That the team in general blows is his fault? SO, hist draft pics suck? Is it his fault that all the other players suck?

    You guys really are dickheads. Gullible dickheads.

    Give farmer's picks to Belichik and they would all be solid contributors. As if there is some fucking magic to picking the exact talent when your pick comes up. I am supposed to believe that he picked ALL losers?

    Pettine is the problem. His fucking guys don't tackle, block, catch, follow assignments or play with discipline. That shit has nothing to do with Farmer.

    i GUARANTEE YOU..............Farmer will have a more successful Football career than anyone currently on the Browns staff.

    I agree with most of the above, simply because of what I call "the common denominator theory"......

    Farmer did NOT draft or sign all the players who have played poorly this year, but Pettine & his coaching staff HAVE coached EVERY SINGLE ONE of them!

    Bottom line is there are issues throughout the Browns' organization & time will tell what happens.

    Mike

  • VesnaKociper said:

    Dumbest fucking fans in ALL of the NFL.

    Farmer drafted quality players that all were good performers in their respective groups. That the team in general blows is his fault? SO, hist draft pics suck? Is it his fault that all the other players suck?

    You guys really are dickheads. Gullible dickheads.

    Give farmer's picks to Belichik and they would all be solid contributors. As if there is some fucking magic to picking the exact talent when your pick comes up. I am supposed to believe that he picked ALL losers?

    Pettine is the problem. His fucking guys don't tackle, block, catch, follow assignments or play with discipline. That shit has nothing to do with Farmer.

    i GUARANTEE YOU..............Farmer will have a more successful Football career than anyone currently on the Browns staff.

    I agree with most of the above, simply because of what I call "the common denominator theory"......

    Farmer did NOT draft or sign all the players who have played poorly this year, but Pettine & his coaching staff HAVE coached EVERY SINGLE ONE of them!

    Bottom line is there are issues throughout the Browns' organization & time will tell what happens.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I agree with most of the above, simply because of what I call "the common denominator theory"......

    Farmer did NOT draft or sign all the players who have played poorly this year, but Pettine & his coaching staff HAVE coached EVERY SINGLE ONE of them!

    Bottom line is there are issues throughout the Browns' organization & time will tell what happens.

    Mike

    Agree too, the issues are the homework we have been doing on players off the field.

    But Farmer came in very late to that 2013 draft, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.