Skip to content

Haslam Presser

The Browns Board
50 30 2.2k
  • No Zombo we need you. I love the weekly picks you give and makes me smile when we really have no reason to smile. I believe we do have the greatest fan base in the NFL and all though I do not agree with some of you at times I would rather be here with you guys over any Steeler fan. We do all want the same thing over all and that is for us to Win and Pisspuke to get slaughterd every week.

  • This is what you guys wanted. You scream every year for a new staff. The AFC north teams thank the Cleveland fan base for keeping 2 easy outs on their schedule every year. Good job guys. Now don't disappoint me this time next year, i wanna hear full violin play about why this next cunt we hire needs fired immediately before the season is even over. I wanna hear it.

    @clevfan4life said:

    This is what you guys wanted. You scream every year for a new staff. The AFC north teams thank the Cleveland fan base for keeping 2 easy outs on their schedule every year. Good job guys. Now don't disappoint me this time next year, i wanna hear full violin play about why this next cunt we hire needs fired immediately before the season is even over. I wanna hear it.

    Can't wait....It will happen by November of this year.

  • and Pettine is laughing and drinking right now.....

  • I'm fucking distraught. I've rooted for some bad teams before, but l refuse to be that guy who tries to dissuade people from going to games or buying merchandise or whatever because l always felt like someone at the top was really really trying.

    They might be stupid, or inept, or a fucking dumbass, but at least they're trying.

    What the hell is going on with their ownership? There are no dumbass millionaires. What the fuck is Haslam really up to?

  • A search committee of Brown, Haslam, Haslam's wife Dee and Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry will hire the next coach before bringing in a new GM who will report directly to Brown while lacking control of the 53-man roster.

    Holy Fuck!

    None of these guys are football people, one is a housewife, and the GM has no roster control.

    Please fucking shoot me.

    I having given 47 years to this franchise.

    I run a major Browns fan website, I am president of a 260 member Browns Backer fan club, with weekly Browns parties, charity donations and travels, I make at least two expensive trips to Cleveland each year to see the Browns and enjoy the city ... and I am BEGGING somebody to shoot me in the head right now.

    Jimmy , Sashi, Dee and "Jed" are going to pick a coach and THEN hire an emasculated GM with no roster power?

    Please ... fucking shoot me.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    A search committee of Brown, Haslam, Haslam's wife Dee and Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry will hire the next coach before bringing in a new GM who will report directly to Brown while lacking control of the 53-man roster.

    Holy Fuck!

    None of these guys are football people, one is a housewife, and the GM has no roster control.

    Please fucking shoot me.

    I having given 47 years to this franchise.

    I run a major Browns fan website, I am president of a 260 member Browns Backer fan club, with weekly Browns parties, charity donations and travels, I make at least two expensive trips to Cleveland each year to see the Browns and enjoy the city ... and I am BEGGING somebody to shoot me in the head right now.

    Sorry, brah... only got one bullet...

  • I agree with a lot of what Haslam had to say in his press conference about structuring a business.

    I'm not sure this is possible in today's world though, particularly the NFL.

    It does appear as if he's going to make the 'modern' mistake of letting the data analyst make the final decisions.

    Data analytics should be a tool for decision making - not the final authority.

  • Very disappointing season, We can only hope some of what he promised comes to fruition.

  • Im just happy Haslem didnt use the word candidly before every answer

  • Just when you had a GLIMMER of hope Haslam announces

    Dee Haslam is on the search committee??? Where's the

    Kool Aid???

  • Just when you had a GLIMMER of hope Haslam announces

    Dee Haslam is on the search committee??? Where's the

    Kool Aid???

    @darubes said:

    Just when you had a GLIMMER of hope Haslam announces

    Dee Haslam is on the search committee??? Where's the

    Kool Aid???

    No worries. I hear she raises chickens so the picks are in good .......................beaks? 😛

    And a New Years present for Z too, the newest Magic 8 Ball

    • 61pWUGpo7qL._SS40_.jpg
    • 81yFDu273wL._SX522_.jpg
  • A search committee of Brown, Haslam, Haslam's wife Dee and Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry will hire the next coach before bringing in a new GM who will report directly to Brown while lacking control of the 53-man roster.

    Holy Fuck!

    None of these guys are football people, one is a housewife, and the GM has no roster control.

    Please fucking shoot me.

    I having given 47 years to this franchise.

    I run a major Browns fan website, I am president of a 260 member Browns Backer fan club, with weekly Browns parties, charity donations and travels, I make at least two expensive trips to Cleveland each year to see the Browns and enjoy the city ... and I am BEGGING somebody to shoot me in the head right now.

    Jimmy , Sashi, Dee and "Jed" are going to pick a coach and THEN hire an emasculated GM with no roster power?

    Please ... fucking shoot me.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    A search committee of Brown, Haslam, Haslam's wife Dee and Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry will hire the next coach before bringing in a new GM who will report directly to Brown while lacking control of the 53-man roster.

    Holy Fuck!

    None of these guys are football people, one is a housewife, and the GM has no roster control.

    Please fucking shoot me.

    I having given 47 years to this franchise.

    I run a major Browns fan website, I am president of a 260 member Browns Backer fan club, with weekly Browns parties, charity donations and travels, I make at least two expensive trips to Cleveland each year to see the Browns and enjoy the city ... and I am BEGGING somebody to shoot me in the head right now.

    Jimmy , Sashi, Dee and "Jed" are going to pick a coach and THEN hire an emasculated GM with no roster power?

    Please ... fucking shoot me.

    Zombo

    As I noted elsewhere....this is essentially the same setup they have in New England. Seems to have worked there.

  • Zombo said:

    A search committee of Brown, Haslam, Haslam's wife Dee and Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry will hire the next coach before bringing in a new GM who will report directly to Brown while lacking control of the 53-man roster.

    Holy Fuck!

    None of these guys are football people, one is a housewife, and the GM has no roster control.

    Please fucking shoot me.

    I having given 47 years to this franchise.

    I run a major Browns fan website, I am president of a 260 member Browns Backer fan club, with weekly Browns parties, charity donations and travels, I make at least two expensive trips to Cleveland each year to see the Browns and enjoy the city ... and I am BEGGING somebody to shoot me in the head right now.

    Jimmy , Sashi, Dee and "Jed" are going to pick a coach and THEN hire an emasculated GM with no roster power?

    Please ... fucking shoot me.

    Zombo

    As I noted elsewhere....this is essentially the same setup they have in New England. Seems to have worked there.

    @the-gipper said:

    As I noted elsewhere....this is essentially the same setup they have in New England. Seems to have worked there.

    If you think Bill Belichick doesn't run every single aspect of that football club you're sorely mistaken.

  • @the-gipper said:

    As I noted elsewhere....this is essentially the same setup they have in New England. Seems to have worked there.

    If you think Bill Belichick doesn't run every single aspect of that football club you're sorely mistaken.

    @gftchris said:

    If you think Bill Belichick doesn't run every single aspect of that football club you're sorely mistaken.

    Yes, I know he does.....that is my point. The GM answers to him. And here, football wise, it appears that the GM/DOPP will answer to the HC. So...honestly...I expect a fairly "big" name to be hired. One that has been there, done that with an NFL team.....or a guy like Saban.

  • I tell you something, I don't expect a big name GM. You may be right about HC, but I'll file that one under 'believe it when I see it'

  • They're interviewing Gase and Marrone, that doesn't sound like a big name coach to me

  • They're interviewing Gase and Marrone, that doesn't sound like a big name coach to me

    @londonbrown said:

    They're interviewing Gase and Marrone, that doesn't sound like a big name coach to me

    Gase is a big name HC candidate.

  • @londonbrown said:

    They're interviewing Gase and Marrone, that doesn't sound like a big name coach to me

    Gase is a big name HC candidate.

    @bbedward said:

    Gase is a big name HC candidate.

    True......but of course, those are just the first two names to come out of the woodwork. Who knows who else will show up.

  • @londonbrown said:

    They're interviewing Gase and Marrone, that doesn't sound like a big name coach to me

    Gase is a big name HC candidate.

    @bbedward said:

    Gase is a big name HC candidate.

    Why?

    @brownpile said:

    It does appear as if he's going to make the 'modern' mistake of letting the data analyst make the final decisions. Data analytics should be a tool for decision making - not the final authority.

    Did I miss a mention of sabermetrics by Haslam?

    @manzier said:

    Im just happy Haslem didnt use the word candidly before every answer

    lol... I'd forgotten about that... good catch.

    I will say Jimmah looked tanned and trim... must be spending a lot of time in Bratenahl.

  • I guess it depends on how you classify big name candidate. I was never particularly impressed with his Gase because like many, I attributed almost all of his success to the high level of talent the Broncos had and Peyton Manning.

    But Gase has been a buzzing name for an HC-gig for awhile, and lined up 3 interviews this week already - so I'd consider it a big name candidate.

  • P. Manning was exactly where I was coming from bb....