Skip to content

The newest rumor ...Jim Schwartz

The Browns Board
37 19 1.9k

  • Ex-Lions coach Jim Schwartz is reportedly "on the Browns' list" of head-coaching candidates.



    Schwartz recently made his desire to return to the sideline public, while he remained on the league's radar during his year away from coaching, drawing some interest from the Dolphins when they fired DC Kevin Coyle in October. Schwartz would have to be signed off on by new VP of Football Operations Sashi Brown, who previously served as the Browns' team lawyer.




    I HOPE NOT whats your opinion

  • I think we need to keep all the rumors in 1 thread.

    Gase, Marrone, Teryl Austin, Josh McDaniels, Chip Kelley, Jim Schwartz...

    I wouldn't mind Schwartz, I'd love it a lot more if he became the DC though. Maybe a Marrone/Schwartz reunion

  • Hue Jackson would be my number one choice, weakens the Bengals at the same time

  • A couple of 'left field' names for you - Marc Trestman (and a Josh McCown reunion) or Tom Coughlin? Trestman got some production out of scrubs this year, their O was reasonably solid despite most of their good players being injured. Coughlin has loads of experience and recently won a superbowl of course.

    Crazy thoughts?

  • Fuck Schwartz. Hes an asshole and too conservative on O

  • Coughlin is definitely looking at retirement. He'll be 70 by next year - no way he'd wanna spend 3 years in Cleveland at this point.

    Trestman I think is pretty meh. Still don't think he's HC material.

    I could get behind Hue Jackson, but we have to wait until the Bengals first round exit in a couple weeks.

  • Tressel Is The MAN!

  • Wouldnt mind Schwartz as the DC but as head coach NO THANKS. WE need a coacvh with offensive mindset im tired of watching settle for the field goal offense then a strong dc.like the idea of gase or jackson.

  • Schwartz as a DC would be a home run considering how bad this franchise looks right now.

  • I wouldn't mind Schwartz for HC, if we kept Flip as OC

  • I don't want to start a thread to ask this question. What happens to our offense and defensive coordinators? Do they hire all new people?

  • I think we need to keep all the rumors in 1 thread.

    Gase, Marrone, Teryl Austin, Josh McDaniels, Chip Kelley, Jim Schwartz...

    I wouldn't mind Schwartz, I'd love it a lot more if he became the DC though. Maybe a Marrone/Schwartz reunion

    @bbedward said:

    I wouldn't mind Schwartz, I'd love it a lot more if he became the DC though. Maybe a Marrone/Schwartz reunion

    I'd mind him more, but my first thought as well was about him as DC.

  • I don't want to start a thread to ask this question. What happens to our offense and defensive coordinators? Do they hire all new people?

    @opal312 said:

    I don't want to start a thread to ask this question. What happens to our offense and defensive coordinators? Do they hire all new people?

    All staff gets at least a perfunctory interview "for their job", but more often than not they are changed.

  • I don't want to start a thread to ask this question. What happens to our offense and defensive coordinators? Do they hire all new people?

    @opal312 said:

    I don't want to start a thread to ask this question. What happens to our offense and defensive coordinators? Do they hire all new people?

    Usually HC picks his coordinators. Coordinators pick the position coaches. Some of the ones we have now may stay, but usually in these scenarios a large majority of them leave.

    HC would get the final say on everybody of course - including the position coaches.

  • I wouldn't mind Schwartz for HC, if we kept Flip as OC

    @jbluhm86 said:

    I wouldn't mind Schwartz for HC, if we kept Flip as OC

    Could be decent I guess.

  • Herm Edwards just said Mevin Lewis might be interested

  • yeah on Schwartz

  • LIquid Schwartz!

  • I don't think Shwartz would settle for DC. Hope I'm wrong. He ran the defense better than Marrone or Pettine. It would be nice to have an offensive minded head coach with Shwartz as DC. Let's put that in the "suggestion box" maybe Haslam will listen to the fans instead of the Homeless Guy!

  • I think we need to keep all the rumors in 1 thread.

    Gase, Marrone, Teryl Austin, Josh McDaniels, Chip Kelley, Jim Schwartz...

    I wouldn't mind Schwartz, I'd love it a lot more if he became the DC though. Maybe a Marrone/Schwartz reunion

    @bbedward said:

    I think we need to keep all the rumors in 1 thread.

    Gase, Marrone, Teryl Austin, Josh McDaniels, Chip Kelley, Jim Schwartz...

    I wouldn't mind Schwartz, I'd love it a lot more if he became the DC though. Maybe a Marrone/Schwartz reunion

    What about Shula?