Texans
-
Why would the Texans trade for Manziel when they could give the Titans and offer they couldn't refuse for the number 1 pick and take God err Goff
Because they would have to pull an RGIII + deal to move up enough to take him. As was said- they'll probably sit pat and take Hackenberg.
Because one is going to cost you three first round picks, while Manziel could be had for almost nothing?
O'Brien is going to draft Hackenberg anyways...
What I worry about in the draft is some qb needy team that DOES have enough ammo to jump the Browns will move up to #1. (the only teams that realistically can are the Cowboys @ #4, and the 49ers @ #7.)
Because they would have to pull an RGIII + deal to move up enough to take him. As was said- they'll probably sit pat and take Hackenberg.
What I worry about in the draft is some qb needy team that DOES have enough ammo to jump the Browns will move up to #1. (the only teams that realistically can are the Cowboys @ #4, and the 49ers @ #7.)
I would take the Cowboys out of that list, they might take a QB at #4 if they really like one, but with the few years left of Romo they are in no position to give away draft picks.
The 49ers definitely have the ammunition - 2 4th rounders, 3 5th rounders and possibly 4 6th rounders...
-
Doesn't look like it's served him very well so far but...My sense, Steve, is the Texans will go QB hunting in the Draft. Otherwise in the Veteran and / or FA derby.
Honestly, I don't see Houston (or anybody else) giving up more than a 6-pack of Blatz for JFF.
Houston is coming on strong and taking a chance on Manziel would be foolhardy, IMHO.
O'Brien is a no-nonsense guy.
Not to mention that if Hackenberg is the answer why waste your resources on Goff?
WSS
Doesn't look like it's served him very well so far but...
Not to mention that if Hackenberg is the answer why waste your resources on Goff?
WSS
Good points. Who was the genius with the Tom Savage idea down there before they had to look to Ryan Mallett and Brian Hoyer and Case Keenum and Yates?
I've only seen Hackenberg a couple times; but he looked about as slow at processing what was in front of him as Brady Quinn did. If the NFL has a Evelyn Woodhead Speed reading class/clinic for QBs this kid needs it or he's going to need a lot more than back brace to hold him together, Can you believe there's a sale on duck tape ad next to me while I'm typing this jibberish about what's going to hold an ackey-breaky Hackenberg together?
-
But Hackensack is big and has a strong arm, Flugs...

Ag... I've diassembled the "not our starter" thing a few times already... not inclined to do it again.
Steve... just was throwing back what you threw at me a couple days ago.
I'm so fucking tired of debating Manziel. Just want him gone so we can move on...
-
But Hackensack is big and has a strong arm, Flugs...

Ag... I've diassembled the "not our starter" thing a few times already... not inclined to do it again.
Steve... just was throwing back what you threw at me a couple days ago.
I'm so fucking tired of debating Manziel. Just want him gone so we can move on...
-
But Hackensack is big and has a strong arm, Flugs...

Ag... I've diassembled the "not our starter" thing a few times already... not inclined to do it again.
Steve... just was throwing back what you threw at me a couple days ago.
I'm so fucking tired of debating Manziel. Just want him gone so we can move on...
-
Because they would have to pull an RGIII + deal to move up enough to take him. As was said- they'll probably sit pat and take Hackenberg.
What I worry about in the draft is some qb needy team that DOES have enough ammo to jump the Browns will move up to #1. (the only teams that realistically can are the Cowboys @ #4, and the 49ers @ #7.)
I would take the Cowboys out of that list, they might take a QB at #4 if they really like one, but with the few years left of Romo they are in no position to give away draft picks.
The 49ers definitely have the ammunition - 2 4th rounders, 3 5th rounders and possibly 4 6th rounders...
I would take the Cowboys out of that list, they might take a QB at #4 if they really like one, but with the few years left of Romo they are in no position to give away draft picks.
The 49ers definitely have the ammunition - 2 4th rounders, 3 5th rounders and possibly 4 6th rounders...
good point. 49ers 1st, 2nd, 4th, and a second next year might do it.
-
Why would the Texans trade for Manziel when they could give the Titans and offer they couldn't refuse for the number 1 pick and take God err Goff
Because one is going to cost you three first round picks, while Manziel could be had for almost nothing?
O'Brien is going to draft Hackenberg anyways...
Because one is going to cost you three first round picks, while Manziel could be had for almost nothing?
O'Brien is going to draft Hackenberg anyways...
Good point.....Was Hackenberg an O'Brien recruit? Or was that Joe Paterno? Either way, O'Brien coached him at Penn St. And Hack did better under O'Brien.
-
I'm not even a texans fan but after the 3rd int i couldn't even look at Hoyers face. I felt so bad for Watt.
I'm not even a texans fan but after the 3rd int i couldn't even look at Hoyers face. I felt so bad for Watt.
I was looking for Weeden's face....but it never showed up.
-
Why would the Texans trade for Manziel when they could give the Titans and offer they couldn't refuse for the number 1 pick and take God err Goff
Because they would have to pull an RGIII + deal to move up enough to take him. As was said- they'll probably sit pat and take Hackenberg.
Because one is going to cost you three first round picks, while Manziel could be had for almost nothing?
O'Brien is going to draft Hackenberg anyways...
What I worry about in the draft is some qb needy team that DOES have enough ammo to jump the Browns will move up to #1. (the only teams that realistically can are the Cowboys @ #4, and the 49ers @ #7.)
Because they would have to pull an RGIII + deal to move up enough to take him. As was said- they'll probably sit pat and take Hackenberg.
Texas maybe able to get RGIII himself.....and maybe should do so.
What I worry about in the draft is some qb needy team that DOES have enough ammo to jump the Browns will move up to #1. (the only teams that realistically can are the Cowboys @ #4, and the 49ers @ #7.)
Let them.....none of these QBs are #1 quality. Let someone trade for Goff/Lynch....and the Browns get Bosa.
That is what the analytics would say, No?
-
RG3 played it cool. I have respect for him now. He showed professionalism a la Alex Smith.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login