Hue Jackson Hired
-
After hearing of the 2nd interview, and no offer, I can only assume a couple possibilities. Either he is not serious, and was using the Browns for leverage with the Giants, or he wants a little too much control, and Haslam isn't going to go for that. It may not be a done deal, but I have to think that ship has sailed. Time to move on....hope we don't end up with another good high school coach.
-
If the Jackson ship has sailed, I would presume the next option would be Marrone or Patricia?
-
If the Jackson ship has sailed, I would presume the next option would be Marrone or Patricia?
If the Jackson ship has sailed, I would presume the next option would be Marrone or Patricia?
Or McDermott
-
If the Jackson ship has sailed, I would presume the next option would be Marrone or Patricia?
Or McDermott
-
Before people get too caught up the Occam's Razor approach would suggest he simply is exploring all his options even though he likes what Cleveland presented.
With that being said though, I'm probably wrong cause it's the Browns. I really hope Hue is the guy though.
-
Jackson, Flip, and Jim Schwartz. I can hope, right?
-
That is a decent combo
-
-
Has Lovie Smith been snatched up?
-
Has Lovie Smith been snatched up?
Has Lovie Smith been snatched up?
IMHO, Smith got the shaft in TB and did a pretty good job in Chicago. Don't know enough to say, but I suspect part of his exit in Chicago had to do with his inability to either control or improve the QB.
I believe Lovie is a good, solid coach. Not a rah rah guy but somebody who knows the NFL.
I'm a bit lukewarm about Smith in Cleveland but there are far worse candidates that have already been interviewed.
-
I'd rather Smith than Marrone.
-
why no on Marrone? He ran a very good D in Buffalo didn't he?
-
http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/1/12/10758230/recapping-where-the-browns-stand-with-hue-jackson
Sounds like we actually might have a plan. I think we'll make an offer after he meets with the Giants, and it'll be a very nice one.
-
If...IF...we do, than I guess the question is...who the heck does he bring in as DC? To me, that's just as important as anything else.
-
why no on Marrone? He ran a very good D in Buffalo didn't he?
why no on Marrone? He ran a very good D in Buffalo didn't he?
Seems like a total douchebag. Apparently word got around from people who used to play for him in Buffalo about his douche-ness, and a lot of players will want out.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/01/cleveland_browns_interview_dou.html
-
I'm more concerned with the scheme's he'd run rather than these players, most of whom I want out anyway...like or don't like him.
-
why no on Marrone? He ran a very good D in Buffalo didn't he?
Marrone is more like Mangina 2.0, maybe a Greg Schiano type. Tough hard ass mantra-repeating coach, but remarkably average.
why no on Marrone? He ran a very good D in Buffalo didn't he?
Pretty good talent in Buffalo, and the best defensive year under Marrone in Buffalo was when Schwartz was DC.
Schwartz has ancient Cleveland ties so maybe getting him in Cleveland would be possible.
I don't have any major problems with Marrone, I just think it would be a hugely average hire.
-
-
"Offensively, Marrone led an offense that finished first in the AFC and second in the NFL in rushing (144.2 avg.). It also led the NFL with 95.5 percent efficiency in the red zone. Rookie quarterback E.J. Manuel started 10 games and set team rookie records for passing touchdowns (11) and completions (180).
The Bills had three different players with 60 receptions in 2014 for the first time in team history (Fred Jackson, 65; Sammy Watkins, 62; Robert Woods, 61) and the club produced six individual 100-yard receiving games. The Bills ranked sixth in the NFL in 2014 with a plus-seven turnover differential."
It doesn't sound like he did too bad. Pettine was beloved by the players and lost. Bringing in a hard nosed coach might piss in the Cheerios of some of the players but they played like shit this season. No one will have much sympathy.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
