Skip to content

Goff Or Lynch @2?

The Browns Board
156 37 4.4k
  • Mccown is still not a good quarterback. He's still a stopgap solution.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Mccown is still not a good quarterback. He's still a stopgap solution.

    He's good enough to play if our new rookie isn't ready. But the point was someone saying that we have 4 QBs on the roster better than anyone we could draft this year and that's just a stupid thing to post.

  • We currently have 4 QBs on the roster that are better than anyone in the draft for the 2016 season. If we draft another Qb in the first round this year it's gonna be business as usual, another miserable season. We need defense and WRs.

    @darkside5 said:

    We currently have 4 QBs on the roster that are better than anyone in the draft for the 2016 season. If we draft another Qb in the first round this year it's gonna be business as usual, another miserable season. We need defense and WRs.

    Stupidest post I've read all week!!

    REALLY!!!!!

    Even adding Cardale in round 3 or 4 would be an upgrade at the lower end!

  • @texasag1969 said:

    OK-but no way Dallas gives the Browns a 5th unless they pass it on to JM. 😛

    But what if I'm assuming that Chip Kelly wants Johnny Manziel - thus creating a bidding war? Now, its likely Kelly wouldn't be able to offer a fifth for him - but he may offer Kaepernick and a sixth, which we could then run to Jerrah and say "hey look, this is what's on the table - beat it or we take it."

    I also wouldn't mind seeing a Manziel / Kaepernick trade and then we go into 2016 evaluating Kaep - as long as the Watson plan is still in effect for when Kaep proves he's garbage.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    But what if I'm assuming that Chip Kelly wants Johnny Manziel...

    Chip: John-boy, we need you out here.

    JM: Really? No concerns about... you know... the off-field stuff? None of which by the way was my fault.

    Chip: Nah... Look even have a new contract waiting for you. Nice extension and includes housing.

    JM: Really? Cool... I heard SF is a really expensive place to live. Where is the place?

    Chip: A really sweet, little island out in the middle of the bay...

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    But what if I'm assuming that Chip Kelly wants Johnny Manziel...

    Chip: John-boy, we need you out here.

    JM: Really? No concerns about... you know... the off-field stuff? None of which by the way was my fault.

    Chip: Nah... Look even have a new contract waiting for you. Nice extension and includes housing.

    JM: Really? Cool... I heard SF is a really expensive place to live. Where is the place?

    Chip: A really sweet, little island out in the middle of the bay...

    @tour2ma said:

    Chip: John-boy, we need you out here.

    JM: Really? No concerns about... you know... the off-field stuff? None of which by the way was my fault.

    Chip: Nah... Look even have a new contract waiting for you. Nice extension and includes housing.

    JM: Really? Cool... I heard SF is a really expensive place to live. Where is the place?

    Chip: A really sweet, little island out in the middle of the bay...

    Well if he tells him alcy traz JM might bite. 😛

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Mccown is still not a good quarterback. He's still a stopgap solution.

    He's good enough to play if our new rookie isn't ready. But the point was someone saying that we have 4 QBs on the roster better than anyone we could draft this year and that's just a stupid thing to post.

    @mark-o said:

    He's good enough to play if our new rookie isn't ready. But the point was someone saying that we have 4 QBs on the roster better than anyone we could draft this year and that's just a stupid thing to post.

    If we draft a qb #2(or #1 if we have to trade up because someone else wants him), he *WILL* play most of year 1. There is NO FUCKING WAY that Josh Fucking Mcnown(a sucky journeyman) is going to start over a 1-2 first overall draft pick. That's simply not the way the nfl works in 2015. The last time such a thing happened was when carson palmer sat over Kitna, and that was 15 or so years ago and pretty controversial at the time. The nature of the nfl has changed a lot since then and you simply dont see first overall type qbs sit for a year or two. Doesn't happen. And if it did, thats a CONCERNING sign.....especially if the guy starting is a career journeyman who loses just about every damn game he has ever started.

  • Its January, and a lot of shit will go down before the Browns are on the Clock with the #2 pick. That being said, if the Browns have the opportunity to take a Franchise QB, it has to happen. I believe Goff's floor is a top 20 NFL QB while his ceiling is top 5 (elite).

    Having said all that, maybe the Browns will disagree with my take on Goff, and that's fine (even though I've been beating their ass in QB scouting since I started paying attention to the draft). Maybe they can find value if a guy like Cook takes a Brett-Hundley like header into the 5th round, hell, maybe they can trade for Hundley. Whatever happens, All I want out of next season is a coaching staff that has the players ready to play their best football and a QB of the future. It's not too much to ask for, and there's a possibility we see it in 2016.

  • I'll puke if they trade up.

    WSS

  • @texasag1969 said:

    That's all anyone needs to know. The Browns will buy it from there and waste another pick on an "ok" QB who gets us hyped up to take him instead of BPA.

    "Hide behind the chainsaws" fools us every f'n time. "If you're in a horror movie (and we are) that's what you do."

    Yeah they definitely screwed the pooch when they drafted the drunk brat from A&M.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Yeah they definitely screwed the pooch when they drafted the drunk brat from A&M.

    C'mon man. How can you pass on a guy who declares, "I'm gonna wreck this team".,.... I mean league !

  • When I read up on Bosa, sure, he's a top name, but he sounds like Kruger, and we already

    have Kruger.

    It's Goff. He doesn't have to play immediately, and he has serious skills to become a top qb in the

    league... and he loves the game, and already does his own reads etc at the los.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2604748-why-jared-goff-is-the-next-franchise-quarterback?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-top-459?is_shared=true

  • Its January, and a lot of shit will go down before the Browns are on the Clock with the #2 pick. That being said, if the Browns have the opportunity to take a Franchise QB, it has to happen. I believe Goff's floor is a top 20 NFL QB while his ceiling is top 5 (elite).

    Having said all that, maybe the Browns will disagree with my take on Goff, and that's fine (even though I've been beating their ass in QB scouting since I started paying attention to the draft). Maybe they can find value if a guy like Cook takes a Brett-Hundley like header into the 5th round, hell, maybe they can trade for Hundley. Whatever happens, All I want out of next season is a coaching staff that has the players ready to play their best football and a QB of the future. It's not too much to ask for, and there's a possibility we see it in 2016.

    Agree, cal... start him/sit him... whatever the circumstances of his readiness and the team's immediate need combine to dictate.

    @roycerolls said:

    Its January, and a lot of shit will go down before the Browns are on the Clock with the #2 pick. That being said, if the Browns have the opportunity to take a Franchise QB, it has to happen. I believe Goff's floor is a top 20 NFL QB while his ceiling is top 5 (elite).

    Agree with this summary... very close to my assessment of Goff.