Which Qb Goes Where?
-
I could actually see Philadelphia mortgaging the future and moving up to #1 for Goff.
It would take three first rounders, but I could see them doing it. Partially because I think Philadelphia is a organization of idiots, and partly because I think Pederson would endorse this move.
Eh, I don't see it unless Goff just blows people away in pre-draft stuff. He's a top tier prospect but not the once every 10 years type.
Eh, I don't see it unless Goff just blows people away in pre-draft stuff. He's a top tier prospect but not the once every 10 years type.
I think he will. He'll interview well, he'll probably be near perfect in his combine throwing, he'll have an average 40 time.
I don't see it either - teams desperate for talent aren't as dumb as they used to be, it's pretty widely accepted you don't give up the farm for 1 prospect anymore (well, since the Redskins at least)
Philadelphia is a dumb team who missed out on their top head coaching choices and the only QB they have under contract is Mark Sanchez, who becomes a free agent next year. They are desperate to erase the Chip Kelly fiasco from history and in order to do that, Howie Roseman is likely looking to give the team a figurehead to support. Lord knows its not Doug Pederson.
If Goff impresses at the combine, I feel very confident that we can convince them we're taking Goff at #2.
It's laughable at who you put in the 'doesn't need qb' category. About half the teams in the nfl 'need' a qb in the sense that if a truly good guy were there they would want him badly.
San francisco? Miami? They are *not* happy with what they have, and if the right guy was available they would definately try jumping up. They may not think any of these are the right guys though.
Do you think Miami hired Adam Gase because they wanted to retool their QB position? You think they went out and got a guy who was heralded as a "QB guru" because they're giving up on their first round QB project? Ryan Tannehill is Miami right now, for some reason. Despite his garbage performances, they keep him. He's on his third head coach and third GM, yet he's still there. Stephen Ross loves him and I'm sure the hiring of Gase had a lot to do with his supposed QB development potential (despite the fact he's just had the luck to work with two talented QB's).
Chip Kelly tried to get Kaep to Philly, I think it's safe to say he's comfortable going into this season with him at QB.
But I'd love to see evidence to the contrary.
-
The first fallacy of this entire thread is the statement: "There are three potential franchise QBs that may be available in this draft".
I say that is true only if a bolt of lightning comes down and strikes the OP.
Most honest pundits say that the best of these QBs is second round talent....but because they are QBs they will be overevaluated. Yo have your Christian Ponders, Blaine Gabberts, Brandon Weedens, Brady Quinns going for you here.....all of who were touted as first round talent....but were not.
Cleveland - Carson Wentz...maybe with our #32 pick
Philadelphia - Jared Goff
Houston- Sam Bradford in FA, Paxton Lynch in draft
Dallas - Robert Griffin III
LA (That was weird to type) - EJ Manuel
NYJ - Drew Brees
San Francisco - Johnny Manziel (as backup)
Most honest pundits say that the best of these QBs is second round talent....
I still refute this claim.
Most have Goff as a top 5 overall prospect, and the #1 prospect among QBs.
They have Wentz/Lynch in the 15-40 range as overall prospects, #2-3 among QBs.
-
The first fallacy of this entire thread is the statement: "There are three potential franchise QBs that may be available in this draft".
I say that is true only if a bolt of lightning comes down and strikes the OP.
Most honest pundits say that the best of these QBs is second round talent....but because they are QBs they will be overevaluated. Yo have your Christian Ponders, Blaine Gabberts, Brandon Weedens, Brady Quinns going for you here.....all of who were touted as first round talent....but were not.
Cleveland - Carson Wentz...maybe with our #32 pick
Philadelphia - Jared Goff
Houston- Sam Bradford in FA, Paxton Lynch in draft
Dallas - Robert Griffin III
LA (That was weird to type) - EJ Manuel
NYJ - Drew Brees
San Francisco - Johnny Manziel (as backup)
The first fallacy of this entire thread is the statement: "There are three potential franchise QBs that may be available in this draft".
I say that is true only if a bolt of lightning comes down and strikes the OP.
Most honest pundits say that the best of these QBs is second round talent....but because they are QBs they will be overevaluated. Yo have your Christian Ponders, Blaine Gabberts, Brandon Weedens, Brady Quinns going for you here.....all of who were touted as first round talent....but were not.
Cleveland - Carson Wentz...maybe with our #32 pick
Philadelphia - Jared Goff
Houston- Sam Bradford in FA, Paxton Lynch in draft
Dallas - Robert Griffin III
LA (That was weird to type) - EJ Manuel
NYJ - Drew Brees
San Francisco - Johnny Manziel (as backup)
Both Paxton Lynch (6.71) and Jared Goff (6.73) so far have higher draft profile grades than any QB taken in the last two years - including Winston (6.7), Mariota (6.27) and Bortles (6.22). Wentz (6.13) has the almost the same grade as Bridgewater (6.15), Carr (6.14) and Manziel (6.12). These grades aren't given on a curve compared to the rest of this year's crop, it's a 10 point scale that the NFL has used for the past two-three years.
Whatever "honest pundits" you've been reading are far from correct. I'd love to see examples of this "honest" evaluation.
Wentz won't make it past #22. All three of these QB's will be gone before the first round is over. Houston, Cleveland, and Philadelphia will all take a QB this year.
Your Weeden, Quinn, Ponder, Gabbert comparisons aren't even close to being apt, I'm not sure where you pulled those names from. Not one single QB in this draft compares favorably to any of those players.
-
Twatwater didn't set the world on fire. Even Christian Ponder took Minn. to the playoffs behind AP. Get a grip on something besides his cock.
-
Most honest pundits say that the best of these QBs is second round talent....
I still refute this claim.
Most have Goff as a top 5 overall prospect, and the #1 prospect among QBs.
They have Wentz/Lynch in the 15-40 range as overall prospects, #2-3 among QBs.
I still refute this claim.
Most have Goff as a top 5 overall prospect, and the #1 prospect among QBs.
They have Wentz/Lynch in the 15-40 range as overall prospects, #2-3 among QBs.
That is because you are fucking in love with Goff. Sorry, but just because he is the subject of your ejaculata does not mean that I am going to take your opinion over the likes of Bill Polian etc.
-
The first fallacy of this entire thread is the statement: "There are three potential franchise QBs that may be available in this draft".
I say that is true only if a bolt of lightning comes down and strikes the OP.
Most honest pundits say that the best of these QBs is second round talent....but because they are QBs they will be overevaluated. Yo have your Christian Ponders, Blaine Gabberts, Brandon Weedens, Brady Quinns going for you here.....all of who were touted as first round talent....but were not.
Cleveland - Carson Wentz...maybe with our #32 pick
Philadelphia - Jared Goff
Houston- Sam Bradford in FA, Paxton Lynch in draft
Dallas - Robert Griffin III
LA (That was weird to type) - EJ Manuel
NYJ - Drew Brees
San Francisco - Johnny Manziel (as backup)
Both Paxton Lynch (6.71) and Jared Goff (6.73) so far have higher draft profile grades than any QB taken in the last two years - including Winston (6.7), Mariota (6.27) and Bortles (6.22). Wentz (6.13) has the almost the same grade as Bridgewater (6.15), Carr (6.14) and Manziel (6.12). These grades aren't given on a curve compared to the rest of this year's crop, it's a 10 point scale that the NFL has used for the past two-three years.
Whatever "honest pundits" you've been reading are far from correct. I'd love to see examples of this "honest" evaluation.
Wentz won't make it past #22. All three of these QB's will be gone before the first round is over. Houston, Cleveland, and Philadelphia will all take a QB this year.
Your Weeden, Quinn, Ponder, Gabbert comparisons aren't even close to being apt, I'm not sure where you pulled those names from. Not one single QB in this draft compares favorably to any of those players.
Both Paxton Lynch (6.71) and Jared Goff (6.73) so far have higher draft profile grades than any QB taken in the last two years - including Winston (6.7), Mariota (6.27) and Bortles (6.22). Wentz (6.13) has the almost the same grade as Bridgewater (6.15), Carr (6.14) and Manziel (6.12). These grades aren't given on a curve compared to the rest of this year's crop, it's a 10 point scale that the NFL has used for the past two-three years.
Whatever "honest pundits" you've been reading are far from correct. I'd love to see examples of this "honest" evaluation.
Bill Polian comes immediately to mind. Do you think he has any talent evaluation skills? There are a number of others....but off the top of my head I don't have their names.
Wentz won't make it past #22. All three of these QB's will be gone before the first round is over. Houston, Cleveland, and Philadelphia will all take a QB this year.
Your Weeden, Quinn, Ponder, Gabbert comparisons aren't even close to being apt, I'm not sure where you pulled those names from. Not one single QB in this draft compares favorably to any of those players.
Those guys were all 1st round draft picks.....do you not recall that? And they were all massively overevaluated....do you recall that?
I hope you are all right.....that if the Browns take Goff that he is the next coming of Aaron Rodgers (fellow Cal grad who we should have taken back when). But....until I see them perform in the NFL.....I still think they may be the Ponders/Gabberts of this world.
-
I still refute this claim.
Most have Goff as a top 5 overall prospect, and the #1 prospect among QBs.
They have Wentz/Lynch in the 15-40 range as overall prospects, #2-3 among QBs.
That is because you are fucking in love with Goff. Sorry, but just because he is the subject of your ejaculata does not mean that I am going to take your opinion over the likes of Bill Polian etc.
That is because you are fucking in love with Goff. Sorry, but just because he is the subject of your ejaculata does not mean that I am going to take your opinion over the likes of Bill Polian etc.
I'm just saying the pundits don't agree with you, you're disagreeing with them.
I haven't seen anything from Polian regarding Goff/Lynch/Wentz - unless you're referencing the fact he thinks that college QBs are more and more woefully unprepared for the NFL because of the prevalence of spread type systems, which is probably a pretty true statement. It's also a fact pundits are talking about when they evaluate these guys - and why it doesn't matter a lot for some of them.
---
And also I like Goff but I have provided substance as to why
-
http://www.ibabuzz.com/beartalk/2015/12/02/football-espns-todd-mcshay-says-jared-goff-stay/
Here even Kiper and McShay back off these guys.
-
That is because you are fucking in love with Goff. Sorry, but just because he is the subject of your ejaculata does not mean that I am going to take your opinion over the likes of Bill Polian etc.
I'm just saying the pundits don't agree with you, you're disagreeing with them.
I haven't seen anything from Polian regarding Goff/Lynch/Wentz - unless you're referencing the fact he thinks that college QBs are more and more woefully unprepared for the NFL because of the prevalence of spread type systems, which is probably a pretty true statement. It's also a fact pundits are talking about when they evaluate these guys - and why it doesn't matter a lot for some of them.
---
And also I like Goff but I have provided substance as to why
I'm just saying the pundits don't agree with you, you're disagreeing with them.
But...the pundits do agree with me.
I haven't seen anything from Polian regarding Goff/Lynch/Wentz - unless you're referencing the fact he thinks that college QBs are more and more woefully unprepared for the NFL because of the prevalence of spread type systems, which is probably a pretty true statement. It's also a fact pundits are talking about when they evaluate these guys - and why it doesn't matter a lot for some of them.
I am referencing the fact that on TV....I have seen him say that no QB coming out in this draft is 1st round quality.
Yes, he said what you said.....but he has given more that one opinion on TV.
-
http://www.ibabuzz.com/beartalk/2015/12/02/football-espns-todd-mcshay-says-jared-goff-stay/
Here even Kiper and McShay back off these guys.
Lynch not a good prospect because he's too tall?
Overall this sounds like an angry fan made piece - using outdated information and he discredits the information/scouting reports that he disagrees with.
Over 2 months old, and I don't really disagree with some of the things he says.
http://www.ibabuzz.com/beartalk/2015/12/02/football-espns-todd-mcshay-says-jared-goff-stay/
Here even Kiper and McShay back off these guys.
Over a month old, and their opinions seem to have changed...
Kiper has Goff going at #2 in his first mock draft (released a few days ago), not sure what McShay's current opinion is.
But still, none of those guys were saying in December or November that they weren't worth first round picks. Today the opinion is solidified that they are indeed worth first round picks, top 5, top 10, top 20 maybe is in the debate - but 1st round worthy is not in the debate
NFL.com, CBS, and a few other smaller outlets have released early draft profiles for Goff/Wentz/Lynch. They have them all (mostly) in the top 30 of overall prospects (top 20 for all 3, in a lot of cases)
Bucky Brooks has Goff gone at #2.
I'm just saying they aren't being overvalued because they're QBs, and nobody views them as 2nd round talent. (Maybe Polian does? Nobody else does)
-
Lynch not a good prospect because he's too tall?
Overall this sounds like an angry fan made piece - using outdated information and he discredits the information/scouting reports that he disagrees with.
Over 2 months old, and I don't really disagree with some of the things he says.
http://www.ibabuzz.com/beartalk/2015/12/02/football-espns-todd-mcshay-says-jared-goff-stay/
Here even Kiper and McShay back off these guys.
Over a month old, and their opinions seem to have changed...
Kiper has Goff going at #2 in his first mock draft (released a few days ago), not sure what McShay's current opinion is.
But still, none of those guys were saying in December or November that they weren't worth first round picks. Today the opinion is solidified that they are indeed worth first round picks, top 5, top 10, top 20 maybe is in the debate - but 1st round worthy is not in the debate
NFL.com, CBS, and a few other smaller outlets have released early draft profiles for Goff/Wentz/Lynch. They have them all (mostly) in the top 30 of overall prospects (top 20 for all 3, in a lot of cases)
Bucky Brooks has Goff gone at #2.
I'm just saying they aren't being overvalued because they're QBs, and nobody views them as 2nd round talent. (Maybe Polian does? Nobody else does)
Kiper has Goff going at #2 in his first mock draft (released a few days ago), not sure what McShay's current opinion is.
But still, none of those guys were saying in December or November that they weren't worth first round picks. Today the opinion is solidified that they are indeed worth first round picks, top 5, top 10, top 20 maybe is in the debate - but 1st round worthy is not in the debate
NFL.com, CBS, and a few other smaller outlets have released early draft profiles for Goff/Wentz/Lynch. They have them all (mostly) in the top 30 of overall prospects (top 20 for all 3, in a lot of cases)
Bucky Brooks has Goff gone at #2.
I'm just saying they aren't being overvalued because they're QBs, and nobody views them as 2nd round talent. (Maybe Polian does? Nobody else does)
Many, many people have said that these two guys are 2d rounders. You just want to argue with their analysis because of your love affair.
It is not that I want to get into a picayune argument over these guys merits.
But, the point is: enough people have questioned the quality of these guys such that there are indeed questions about them. Many of the top rated QBs of the past did NOT have this many people questioning them.
Ergo, it is a fact: These guys ARE questionable.
Someone may be right.....someone may be wrong. There were guys taken very high that were not questionable....yet they were busts. See Jamarcus Russell. Some may have been questionable first round picks that did great: See Aaron Rodgers. Went #24....not one team would have passed on him knowing now what we know about him.
But if you think that there is a SURE Thing with either of these guys....you are just licking your cum mustache.
If the Browns take one of them, I certainly hope you turn out correct and that we have the next Aaron Rodgers.
-
There ain't no Nicolette Sheridan's in this QB draft.
-
Kiper has Goff going at #2 in his first mock draft (released a few days ago), not sure what McShay's current opinion is.
But still, none of those guys were saying in December or November that they weren't worth first round picks. Today the opinion is solidified that they are indeed worth first round picks, top 5, top 10, top 20 maybe is in the debate - but 1st round worthy is not in the debate
NFL.com, CBS, and a few other smaller outlets have released early draft profiles for Goff/Wentz/Lynch. They have them all (mostly) in the top 30 of overall prospects (top 20 for all 3, in a lot of cases)
Bucky Brooks has Goff gone at #2.
I'm just saying they aren't being overvalued because they're QBs, and nobody views them as 2nd round talent. (Maybe Polian does? Nobody else does)
Many, many people have said that these two guys are 2d rounders. You just want to argue with their analysis because of your love affair.
It is not that I want to get into a picayune argument over these guys merits.
But, the point is: enough people have questioned the quality of these guys such that there are indeed questions about them. Many of the top rated QBs of the past did NOT have this many people questioning them.
Ergo, it is a fact: These guys ARE questionable.
Someone may be right.....someone may be wrong. There were guys taken very high that were not questionable....yet they were busts. See Jamarcus Russell. Some may have been questionable first round picks that did great: See Aaron Rodgers. Went #24....not one team would have passed on him knowing now what we know about him.
But if you think that there is a SURE Thing with either of these guys....you are just licking your cum mustache.
If the Browns take one of them, I certainly hope you turn out correct and that we have the next Aaron Rodgers.
Many, many people have said that these two guys are 2d rounders. You just want to argue with their analysis because of your love affair.
It is not that I want to get into a picayune argument over these guys merits.
Lance Zierlein (your second article) coins Goff as an early 1st round selection
Mel Kiper (who your first and third article is referencing) mocks Goff as the #2 overall pick.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/14551791/mel-kiper-releases-first-mock-draft-2016-nfl
There are not "many, many" people saying that these guys are 2nd rounders. Wentz is also rapidly rising in the mix as a first round worthy QB.
-
Both Paxton Lynch (6.71) and Jared Goff (6.73) so far have higher draft profile grades than any QB taken in the last two years - including Winston (6.7), Mariota (6.27) and Bortles (6.22). Wentz (6.13) has the almost the same grade as Bridgewater (6.15), Carr (6.14) and Manziel (6.12). These grades aren't given on a curve compared to the rest of this year's crop, it's a 10 point scale that the NFL has used for the past two-three years.
Whatever "honest pundits" you've been reading are far from correct. I'd love to see examples of this "honest" evaluation.
Bill Polian comes immediately to mind. Do you think he has any talent evaluation skills? There are a number of others....but off the top of my head I don't have their names.
Wentz won't make it past #22. All three of these QB's will be gone before the first round is over. Houston, Cleveland, and Philadelphia will all take a QB this year.
Your Weeden, Quinn, Ponder, Gabbert comparisons aren't even close to being apt, I'm not sure where you pulled those names from. Not one single QB in this draft compares favorably to any of those players.
Those guys were all 1st round draft picks.....do you not recall that? And they were all massively overevaluated....do you recall that?
I hope you are all right.....that if the Browns take Goff that he is the next coming of Aaron Rodgers (fellow Cal grad who we should have taken back when). But....until I see them perform in the NFL.....I still think they may be the Ponders/Gabberts of this world.
Both Paxton Lynch (6.71) and Jared Goff (6.73) so far have higher draft profile grades than any QB taken in the last two years - including Winston (6.7), Mariota (6.27) and Bortles (6.22). Wentz (6.13) has the almost the same grade as Bridgewater (6.15), Carr (6.14) and Manziel (6.12). These grades aren't given on a curve compared to the rest of this year's crop, it's a 10 point scale that the NFL has used for the past two-three years.
Whatever "honest pundits" you've been reading are far from correct. I'd love to see examples of this "honest" evaluation.
Bill Polian comes immediately to mind. Do you think he has any talent evaluation skills? There are a number of others....but off the top of my head I don't have their names.
Wentz won't make it past #22. All three of these QB's will be gone before the first round is over. Houston, Cleveland, and Philadelphia will all take a QB this year.
Your Weeden, Quinn, Ponder, Gabbert comparisons aren't even close to being apt, I'm not sure where you pulled those names from. Not one single QB in this draft compares favorably to any of those players.
Those guys were all 1st round draft picks.....do you not recall that? And they were all massively overevaluated....do you recall that?
I hope you are all right.....that if the Browns take Goff that he is the next coming of Aaron Rodgers (fellow Cal grad who we should have taken back when). But....until I see them perform in the NFL.....I still think they may be the Ponders/Gabberts of this world.
Polian was a great evaluator in his day, but his claims to fame as a QB evaluator are Jim Kelly and Peyton Manning. Manning/Leaf was 50/50 - Jim Kelly was the best QB on the board when they picked at 14...not exactly like he discovered hidden great talent.
Bill Polian has made his buck recently on saying "I wish we took this guy when we did". He said they had a first round grade on Tom Brady...but didn't take him? He said he had a first round grade on Andy Dalton...but didn't take him? I respect him and his accomplishments, but Bill Polian today is not Bill Polian the talent evaluator. He's Bill Polian the hindsight master.
I've also searched and yet to find any mention of Polian calling Goff a second round talent. And since you weren't able to provide anyone else, I'm just gonna chalk that up to exaggeration.
And no, I don't recall Weeden, Ponder, Gabbert or Quinn being overvalued whatsoever. I remember them having second round or later grades, and teams taking them well ahead of where they were predicted to go. I think your memory is starting to slip.
-
Kiper has Goff going at #2 in his first mock draft (released a few days ago), not sure what McShay's current opinion is.
But still, none of those guys were saying in December or November that they weren't worth first round picks. Today the opinion is solidified that they are indeed worth first round picks, top 5, top 10, top 20 maybe is in the debate - but 1st round worthy is not in the debate
NFL.com, CBS, and a few other smaller outlets have released early draft profiles for Goff/Wentz/Lynch. They have them all (mostly) in the top 30 of overall prospects (top 20 for all 3, in a lot of cases)
Bucky Brooks has Goff gone at #2.
I'm just saying they aren't being overvalued because they're QBs, and nobody views them as 2nd round talent. (Maybe Polian does? Nobody else does)
Many, many people have said that these two guys are 2d rounders. You just want to argue with their analysis because of your love affair.
It is not that I want to get into a picayune argument over these guys merits.
But, the point is: enough people have questioned the quality of these guys such that there are indeed questions about them. Many of the top rated QBs of the past did NOT have this many people questioning them.
Ergo, it is a fact: These guys ARE questionable.
Someone may be right.....someone may be wrong. There were guys taken very high that were not questionable....yet they were busts. See Jamarcus Russell. Some may have been questionable first round picks that did great: See Aaron Rodgers. Went #24....not one team would have passed on him knowing now what we know about him.
But if you think that there is a SURE Thing with either of these guys....you are just licking your cum mustache.
If the Browns take one of them, I certainly hope you turn out correct and that we have the next Aaron Rodgers.
Many, many people have said that these two guys are 2d rounders. You just want to argue with their analysis because of your love affair.
It is not that I want to get into a picayune argument over these guys merits.
But, the point is: enough people have questioned the quality of these guys such that there are indeed questions about them. Many of the top rated QBs of the past did NOT have this many people questioning them.
Ergo, it is a fact: These guys ARE questionable.
Someone may be right.....someone may be wrong. There were guys taken very high that were not questionable....yet they were busts. See Jamarcus Russell. Some may have been questionable first round picks that did great: See Aaron Rodgers. Went #24....not one team would have passed on him knowing now what we know about him.
But if you think that there is a SURE Thing with either of these guys....you are just licking your cum mustache.
If the Browns take one of them, I certainly hope you turn out correct and that we have the next Aaron Rodgers.
Nobody has. You have yet to provide an article that claims any one of these guys is a second round prospect.
-
The latest mock on the NFL channel I've seen... "JT's ?" ...
has the Browns picking Goff, and Wentz to Dallas a few picks later.
Lynch is a project, more than he has been said to be in come circles.
Wentz has the cannon arm, and if he can show he isn't all that far behind
Goff in the reading defenses/quicker decisions category...
It could be Wentz. Goff is more polished, and still a strong arm, but some scouts
have said he needs to show he has the arm and durability for the pros.
Going to be a fascinating draft with Hue as HC. I hope Mr. Flugels makes it up to Ohio
for it....
-
Kiper has Goff going at #2 in his first mock draft (released a few days ago), not sure what McShay's current opinion is.
But still, none of those guys were saying in December or November that they weren't worth first round picks. Today the opinion is solidified that they are indeed worth first round picks, top 5, top 10, top 20 maybe is in the debate - but 1st round worthy is not in the debate
NFL.com, CBS, and a few other smaller outlets have released early draft profiles for Goff/Wentz/Lynch. They have them all (mostly) in the top 30 of overall prospects (top 20 for all 3, in a lot of cases)
Bucky Brooks has Goff gone at #2.
I'm just saying they aren't being overvalued because they're QBs, and nobody views them as 2nd round talent. (Maybe Polian does? Nobody else does)
Many, many people have said that these two guys are 2d rounders. You just want to argue with their analysis because of your love affair.
It is not that I want to get into a picayune argument over these guys merits.
But, the point is: enough people have questioned the quality of these guys such that there are indeed questions about them. Many of the top rated QBs of the past did NOT have this many people questioning them.
Ergo, it is a fact: These guys ARE questionable.
Someone may be right.....someone may be wrong. There were guys taken very high that were not questionable....yet they were busts. See Jamarcus Russell. Some may have been questionable first round picks that did great: See Aaron Rodgers. Went #24....not one team would have passed on him knowing now what we know about him.
But if you think that there is a SURE Thing with either of these guys....you are just licking your cum mustache.
If the Browns take one of them, I certainly hope you turn out correct and that we have the next Aaron Rodgers.
Many, many people have said that these two guys are 2d rounders. You just want to argue with their analysis because of your love affair.
It is not that I want to get into a picayune argument over these guys merits.
I will patiently wait as well for the "many, many" people who have said this. Saying a guy isn't elite talent and saying he's a 2nd round pick are two way different thing. Another classic example I'm sure of "this is what I think and others should to" opinion on the Browns Board.
-
Ughh, I'm colour (sorry i'm from the UK
) blind and I can't see any difference between the definitely needs and doesn't need options!Ughh, I'm colour (sorry i'm from the UK
) blind and I can't see any difference between the definitely needs and doesn't need options!Bingo... looks to us like either 90% of the league definitely need a QB or 90% definitely does not...
-
Ughh, I'm colour (sorry i'm from the UK
) blind and I can't see any difference between the definitely needs and doesn't need options!Ughh, I'm colour (sorry i'm from the UK
) blind and I can't see any difference between the definitely needs and doesn't need options!Oh crap. My bad.
Bingo... looks to us like either 90% of the league definitely need a QB or 90% definitely does not...
Key:
Definitely needs a QB
Maybe could take a QB in draft or FA, but doesn't necessarily NEED one
Doesn't need a QB
1.Tennessee Titans
2. Cleveland Browns
3. San Diego Chargers
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Jacksonville Jaguars
6. Baltimore Ravens
7. San Francisco 49ers
8. Miami Dolphins
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
10. New York Giants
11. Chicago Bears
12. New Orleans Saints
13. Philadelphia Eagles
14. Oakland Raiders
15. LA Rams
16. Detroit Lions
17. Atlanta Falcons
18. Indianapolis Colts
19. Buffalo Bills
20. New York Jets
21. Washington Redskins
22. Houston Texans
23. Minnesota Vikings
24. Cincinnati Bengals
25. Green Bay Packers
26. Pittsburgh Steelers
27. Seattle Seahawks
28. Kansas City Chiefs
29. Denver Broncos
30. Arizona Cardinals
31. Carolina Panthers
I would also venture to add that I didn't include teams like Buffalo, San Fran, Miami or Washington as teams that need QB's because of varying reasons mostly having to do with young talent performing well and coaching changes that point to maintaining the status quo at QB.
-
The first fallacy of this entire thread is the statement: "There are three potential franchise QBs that may be available in this draft".
I say that is true only if a bolt of lightning comes down and strikes the OP.
Most honest pundits say that the best of these QBs is second round talent....but because they are QBs they will be overevaluated. Yo have your Christian Ponders, Blaine Gabberts, Brandon Weedens, Brady Quinns going for you here.....all of who were touted as first round talent....but were not.
Cleveland - Carson Wentz...maybe with our #32 pick
Philadelphia - Jared Goff
Houston- Sam Bradford in FA, Paxton Lynch in draft
Dallas - Robert Griffin III
LA (That was weird to type) - EJ Manuel
NYJ - Drew Brees
San Francisco - Johnny Manziel (as backup)
The first fallacy of this entire thread is the statement: "There are three potential franchise QBs that may be available in this draft".
Most honest pundits say that the best of these QBs is second round talent...
Now we're down to "honest" pundits... Pretty sure we know how honest is defined here...
Still waiting on links to any three pundits... honest or not...
I think he will. He'll interview well, he'll probably be near perfect in his combine throwing, he'll have an average 40 time.
Ryan Tannehill is Miami right now, for some reason. Despite his garbage performances, they keep him. He's on his third head coach and third GM, yet he's still there.
What is average for QBs? Goff should clock around 4.8... actually looks a little faster on tape to my eye.
Tannehill has shown flashes of getting it. Just enough to keep the Fins interested. Whether or not he is ultimately shown to be full-blown Fools' Gold is still TBD. Such is the issue when you reach so far for a promising QB with a thin resume.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login