Skip to content

Which Qb Goes Where?

The Browns Board
113 19 2.9k
  • The first fallacy of this entire thread is the statement: "There are three potential franchise QBs that may be available in this draft".

    I say that is true only if a bolt of lightning comes down and strikes the OP.

    Most honest pundits say that the best of these QBs is second round talent....but because they are QBs they will be overevaluated. Yo have your Christian Ponders, Blaine Gabberts, Brandon Weedens, Brady Quinns going for you here.....all of who were touted as first round talent....but were not.

    Cleveland - Carson Wentz...maybe with our #32 pick

    Philadelphia - Jared Goff

    Houston- Sam Bradford in FA, Paxton Lynch in draft

    Dallas - Robert Griffin III

    LA (That was weird to type) - EJ Manuel

    NYJ - Drew Brees

    San Francisco - Johnny Manziel (as backup)

    @the-gipper said:

    The first fallacy of this entire thread is the statement: "There are three potential franchise QBs that may be available in this draft".

    Most honest pundits say that the best of these QBs is second round talent...

    Now we're down to "honest" pundits... Pretty sure we know how honest is defined here...

    Still waiting on links to any three pundits... honest or not...

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think he will. He'll interview well, he'll probably be near perfect in his combine throwing, he'll have an average 40 time.

    Ryan Tannehill is Miami right now, for some reason. Despite his garbage performances, they keep him. He's on his third head coach and third GM, yet he's still there.

    What is average for QBs? Goff should clock around 4.8... actually looks a little faster on tape to my eye.

    Tannehill has shown flashes of getting it. Just enough to keep the Fins interested. Whether or not he is ultimately shown to be full-blown Fools' Gold is still TBD. Such is the issue when you reach so far for a promising QB with a thin resume.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Many, many people have said that these two guys are 2d rounders. You just want to argue with their analysis because of your love affair.

    It is not that I want to get into a picayune argument over these guys merits.

    Lance Zierlein (your second article) coins Goff as an early 1st round selection

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000613047/article/zierlein-is-qb-jared-goff-ready-for-what-awaits-him-in-nfl

    Mel Kiper (who your first and third article is referencing) mocks Goff as the #2 overall pick.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/14551791/mel-kiper-releases-first-mock-draft-2016-nfl

    There are not "many, many" people saying that these guys are 2nd rounders. Wentz is also rapidly rising in the mix as a first round worthy QB.

    @bbedward said:

    Lance Zierlein (your second article) coins Goff as an early 1st round selection

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000613047/article/zierlein-is-qb-jared-goff-ready-for-what-awaits-him-in-nfl

    Mel Kiper (who your first and third article is referencing) mocks Goff as the #2 overall pick.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/14551791/mel-kiper-releases-first-mock-draft-2016-nfl

    There are not "many, many" people saying that these guys are 2nd rounders. Wentz is also rapidly rising in the mix as a first round worthy QB.

    And when these guys turn out to be shit, like Ponder and Gabbert...which is what I see them as.....you will need to stick your head somewhere the sun don't shine.

    These QBs are being overvalued because they are QBs .....plain and simple.

    You know in your heart that is true....its just that you don't want it to be true because you are desperate for a franchise QB.

    Again....I hope if the Browns take one you turn out to be right.

    I will wager you a hot fudge sundae on the outcome.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Many, many people have said that these two guys are 2d rounders. You just want to argue with their analysis because of your love affair.

    It is not that I want to get into a picayune argument over these guys merits.

    But, the point is: enough people have questioned the quality of these guys such that there are indeed questions about them. Many of the top rated QBs of the past did NOT have this many people questioning them.

    Ergo, it is a fact: These guys ARE questionable.

    Someone may be right.....someone may be wrong. There were guys taken very high that were not questionable....yet they were busts. See Jamarcus Russell. Some may have been questionable first round picks that did great: See Aaron Rodgers. Went #24....not one team would have passed on him knowing now what we know about him.

    But if you think that there is a SURE Thing with either of these guys....you are just licking your cum mustache.

    If the Browns take one of them, I certainly hope you turn out correct and that we have the next Aaron Rodgers.

    Nobody has. You have yet to provide an article that claims any one of these guys is a second round prospect.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Nobody has. You have yet to provide an article that claims any one of these guys is a second round prospect.

    Bill Polian said it on ESPN.

    You just have to take my fucking word for that. And if you don't want to take my word....shove a football up your ass.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Many, many people have said that these two guys are 2d rounders. You just want to argue with their analysis because of your love affair.

    It is not that I want to get into a picayune argument over these guys merits.

    I will patiently wait as well for the "many, many" people who have said this. Saying a guy isn't elite talent and saying he's a 2nd round pick are two way different thing. Another classic example I'm sure of "this is what I think and others should to" opinion on the Browns Board.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I will patiently wait as well for the "many, many" people who have said this. Saying a guy isn't elite talent and saying he's a 2nd round pick are two way different thing. Another classic example I'm sure of "this is what I think and others should to" opinion on the Browns Board.

    These guys have been elevated in their prospect rankings since they declared. Prior to that, they weren't thought of as well.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The first fallacy of this entire thread is the statement: "There are three potential franchise QBs that may be available in this draft".

    Most honest pundits say that the best of these QBs is second round talent...

    Now we're down to "honest" pundits... Pretty sure we know how honest is defined here...

    Still waiting on links to any three pundits... honest or not...

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think he will. He'll interview well, he'll probably be near perfect in his combine throwing, he'll have an average 40 time.

    Ryan Tannehill is Miami right now, for some reason. Despite his garbage performances, they keep him. He's on his third head coach and third GM, yet he's still there.

    What is average for QBs? Goff should clock around 4.8... actually looks a little faster on tape to my eye.

    Tannehill has shown flashes of getting it. Just enough to keep the Fins interested. Whether or not he is ultimately shown to be full-blown Fools' Gold is still TBD. Such is the issue when you reach so far for a promising QB with a thin resume.

    @tour2ma said:

    Now we're down to "honest" pundits... Pretty sure we know how honest is defined here...

    Still waiting on links to any three pundits... honest or not...

    Larry, Curly and Moe....there are your three pundits.

    All I can say is that the guys that were on ESPN basically said this......and have since changed their minds, apparently.

    What is average for QBs? Goff should clock around 4.8... actually looks a little faster on tape to my eye.

    Tannehill has shown flashes of getting it. Just enough to keep the Fins interested. Whether or not he is ultimately shown to be full-blown Fools' Gold is still TBD. Such is the issue when you reach so far for a promising QB with a thin resume.

  • @bbedward said:

    Lance Zierlein (your second article) coins Goff as an early 1st round selection

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000613047/article/zierlein-is-qb-jared-goff-ready-for-what-awaits-him-in-nfl

    Mel Kiper (who your first and third article is referencing) mocks Goff as the #2 overall pick.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/14551791/mel-kiper-releases-first-mock-draft-2016-nfl

    There are not "many, many" people saying that these guys are 2nd rounders. Wentz is also rapidly rising in the mix as a first round worthy QB.

    And when these guys turn out to be shit, like Ponder and Gabbert...which is what I see them as.....you will need to stick your head somewhere the sun don't shine.

    These QBs are being overvalued because they are QBs .....plain and simple.

    You know in your heart that is true....its just that you don't want it to be true because you are desperate for a franchise QB.

    Again....I hope if the Browns take one you turn out to be right.

    I will wager you a hot fudge sundae on the outcome.

    @the-gipper said:

    And when these guys turn out to be shit, like Ponder and Gabbert...which is what I see them as.....you will need to stick your head somewhere the sun don't shine.

    Well I'm really only considering Goff as a sure thing at this point. Wentz/Lynch have some more questions surrounding them.

    These QBs are being overvalued because they are QBs .....plain and simple.

    Goff is valued higher than everybody who has come out since Luck by NFL.com anyway (I said it first, NFL.com just copied my opinion)

    You know in your heart that is true....its just that you don't want it to be true because you are desperate for a franchise QB.

    Nope - I've never been desperate. The desperation moves were drafting Manziel, Weeden, and Quinn. All 3 of which I was opposed to - which means I'm right 100% of the time (obviously).

    We also haven't taken a QB in the top 20 since 1999, interesting note.

    Again....I hope if the Browns take one you turn out to be right.

    I will wager you a hot fudge sundae on the outcome.

    I'm not really crazy about chocolate...or ice cream. But I'll get a pink Goff jersey and wear it to a game if I'm wrong. When I'm not wrong, a 6 pack would suffice 😉

  • @the-gipper said:

    https://clesportstalk.net/why-in-the-world-do-people-think-drafting-jared-goff-or-paxton-lynch-is-a-good-idea/

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000578322/article/is-hype-about-memphis-qb-paxton-lynch-warranted

    http://www.ibabuzz.com/beartalk/2015/12/02/football-espns-todd-mcshay-says-jared-goff-stay/

    Here even Kiper and McShay back off these guys.

    From your first link:

    "Now let’s switch over to Mr. Jared Goff. We can start with Todd McShay’s and Mel Kiper’s projection for him since we just talked about them with Paxton’s overall rating. Well, Goff is rated even LOWER than Paxton Lynch on both analysts’ draft boards. Goff is rated as the tenth best player on Kiper’s board while he is all the way down at fifteenth on McShay’s. "

    From Link #2 which is an article about Lynch, not Goff:

    "Lynch appears to lack some of the polish I'm seeing with Goff, for example, but draft decisions aren't made based on how a player is performing right now. They are made based on the long-term projection of ceiling vs. floor."

    In Link #3 at its core McShay really argues that both Goff and Lynch would benefit from another year of development. I agree... and Goff can do that in Berea behind McCown until he is ready. Kiper on the other hand says no such thing.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And when these guys turn out to be shit, like Ponder and Gabbert...which is what I see them as.....you will need to stick your head somewhere the sun don't shine.

    Well I'm really only considering Goff as a sure thing at this point. Wentz/Lynch have some more questions surrounding them.

    These QBs are being overvalued because they are QBs .....plain and simple.

    Goff is valued higher than everybody who has come out since Luck by NFL.com anyway (I said it first, NFL.com just copied my opinion)

    You know in your heart that is true....its just that you don't want it to be true because you are desperate for a franchise QB.

    Nope - I've never been desperate. The desperation moves were drafting Manziel, Weeden, and Quinn. All 3 of which I was opposed to - which means I'm right 100% of the time (obviously).

    We also haven't taken a QB in the top 20 since 1999, interesting note.

    Again....I hope if the Browns take one you turn out to be right.

    I will wager you a hot fudge sundae on the outcome.

    I'm not really crazy about chocolate...or ice cream. But I'll get a pink Goff jersey and wear it to a game if I'm wrong. When I'm not wrong, a 6 pack would suffice 😉

    @bbedward said:

    Nope - I've never been desperate. The desperation moves were drafting Manziel, Weeden, and Quinn. All 3 of which I was opposed to - which means I'm right 100% of the time (obviously).

    lol... Did you mutter, "Oh, no...," all three times when the fact that we had traded up was announced?

  • @the-gipper said:

    And when these guys turn out to be shit, like Ponder and Gabbert...which is what I see them as.....you will need to stick your head somewhere the sun don't shine.

    Well I'm really only considering Goff as a sure thing at this point. Wentz/Lynch have some more questions surrounding them.

    These QBs are being overvalued because they are QBs .....plain and simple.

    Goff is valued higher than everybody who has come out since Luck by NFL.com anyway (I said it first, NFL.com just copied my opinion)

    You know in your heart that is true....its just that you don't want it to be true because you are desperate for a franchise QB.

    Nope - I've never been desperate. The desperation moves were drafting Manziel, Weeden, and Quinn. All 3 of which I was opposed to - which means I'm right 100% of the time (obviously).

    We also haven't taken a QB in the top 20 since 1999, interesting note.

    Again....I hope if the Browns take one you turn out to be right.

    I will wager you a hot fudge sundae on the outcome.

    I'm not really crazy about chocolate...or ice cream. But I'll get a pink Goff jersey and wear it to a game if I'm wrong. When I'm not wrong, a 6 pack would suffice 😉

    @bbedward said:

    @the-gipper said:

    And when these guys turn out to be shit, like Ponder and Gabbert...which is what I see them as.....you will need to stick your head somewhere the sun don't shine.

    Well I'm really only considering Goff as a sure thing at this point. Wentz/Lynch have some more questions surrounding them.

    Ponder/Gabbert

    These QBs are being overvalued because they are QBs .....plain and simple.

    Goff is valued higher than everybody who has come out since Luck by NFL.com anyway (I said it first, NFL.com just copied my opinion)

    So? Jamarcus was rated practically as high.

    You know in your heart that is true....its just that you don't want it to be true because you are desperate for a franchise QB.

    Nope - I've never been desperate. The desperation moves were drafting Manziel, Weeden, and Quinn. All 3 of which I was opposed to - which means I'm right 100% of the time (obviously).

    We also haven't taken a QB in the top 20 since 1999, interesting note.

    Does that mean we should now take a guy in the top 20? Again...desperation.

    Again....I hope if the Browns take one you turn out to be right.

    I will wager you a hot fudge sundae on the outcome.

    I'm not really crazy about chocolate...or ice cream. But I'll get a pink Goff jersey and wear it to a game if I'm wrong. When I'm not wrong, a 6 pack would suffice 😉

    You want to change the bet? When you lose, you have to wear a pair of pink hot pants to a game. I would allow that to be in September so you don't freeze your pink tushy off.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Nobody has. You have yet to provide an article that claims any one of these guys is a second round prospect.

    Bill Polian said it on ESPN.

    You just have to take my fucking word for that. And if you don't want to take my word....shove a football up your ass.

    @the-gipper said:

    Bill Polian said it on ESPN.

    You just have to take my fucking word for that. And if you don't want to take my word....shove a football up your ass.

    Got it. So it's not true.

  • @bbedward said:

    Nope - I've never been desperate. The desperation moves were drafting Manziel, Weeden, and Quinn. All 3 of which I was opposed to - which means I'm right 100% of the time (obviously).

    lol... Did you mutter, "Oh, no...," all three times when the fact that we had traded up was announced?

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... Did you mutter, "Oh, no...," all three times when the fact that we had traded up was announced?

    Pretty much.

    Quinn I never liked when he was at ND and thought we gave up way too much to move up.

    Weeden I mean, who the hell is that old man getting drafted in the first round. This hurts especially because we had the opportunity to get the likes of JJ Watt, Von Miller, Julio Jones, and Patrick Pederson but instead we traded for F***ing Phil Taylor, Greg Little, and Brandon Weeden

    And Manziel I never saw any NFL potential. Aside from not wanting the attention, he's a midget with a ton of problems (not surprisingly, he continued to see phantoms in the pocket, never step up in the pocket, and suck balls in the pocket in general at the NFL level. Not to mention the fact he never read the entire field in college and was surrounded with NFL caliber talent at A&M)

    Of the 3, I had the highest hopes for Quinn - but they weren't that high.

    I don't recall being high on any of the QBs in 2007. Ryan was my favorite in 2008 (and everybody's favorite), didn't really care about anybody in 09, 10' - I was fine with McCoy because it was only a 3rd rounder.

    Basically I'm always right, and we need to get Goff to end the debacle once and for all.

  • There ain't no Nicolette Sheridan's in this QB draft.

    @the-gipper said:

    There ain't no Nicolette Sheridan's in this QB draft.

    I think the Colts got the only two Nicolette Sheridan's in the past 20 years ... Manning and Luck.

    Zombo

  • @the-gipper said:

    The first fallacy of this entire thread is the statement: "There are three potential franchise QBs that may be available in this draft".

    Most honest pundits say that the best of these QBs is second round talent...

    Now we're down to "honest" pundits... Pretty sure we know how honest is defined here...

    Still waiting on links to any three pundits... honest or not...

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think he will. He'll interview well, he'll probably be near perfect in his combine throwing, he'll have an average 40 time.

    Ryan Tannehill is Miami right now, for some reason. Despite his garbage performances, they keep him. He's on his third head coach and third GM, yet he's still there.

    What is average for QBs? Goff should clock around 4.8... actually looks a little faster on tape to my eye.

    Tannehill has shown flashes of getting it. Just enough to keep the Fins interested. Whether or not he is ultimately shown to be full-blown Fools' Gold is still TBD. Such is the issue when you reach so far for a promising QB with a thin resume.

    @tour2ma said:

    Now we're down to "honest" pundits... Pretty sure we know how honest is defined here...

    Still waiting on links to any three pundits... honest or not...

    What is average for QBs? Goff should clock around 4.8... actually looks a little faster on tape to my eye.

    Tannehill has shown flashes of getting it. Just enough to keep the Fins interested. Whether or not he is ultimately shown to be full-blown Fools' Gold is still TBD. Such is the issue when you reach so far for a promising QB with a thin resume.

    I'd clock Goff around mid 4.7's at his best.

    Some 40 yard times to keep in mind:

    Aaron Rodgers - 4.71

    Johnny Manziel - 4.68

    Andrew Luck - 4.65

    Cam Newton - 4.58

    Marcus Mariota - 4.52

    If I had to guess, I'd throw the Big 3 this year in here like this:

    Paxton Lynch - 4. 81

    Carson Wentz - 4.75

    Jared Goff- 4.74

    Aaron Rodgers - 4.71

    Johnny Manziel - 4.68

    Andrew Luck - 4.65

    Cam Newton - 4.58

    Marcus Mariota - 4.52

    But I would say that, of the three, Lynch is probably the biggest threat with his legs - he has a Cam Newton-esque elusiveness and stride, coupled with his long frame.

  • @hoorta said:

    Here ya go argumentative one- every freaking mock draft out there. http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

    Kiper is a ESPN talking head that's right around 50% of the time. He's changed his tune in the last couple months. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14569169

    FWIW, If guys like Polian or Kiper were so great at evaluating talent, they'd be working in an NFL scouting department.

    It's early- the draft is still months away, and some of the stuff you posted is contrarian garbage, just to get hits.

    I think Polian is pretty good and could probably still be working in the NFL, but to call him some QB guru is completely misleading. Many of his drafts were butt, but he drafted Peyton Manning and Jim Kelly - not hard decisions by any means, but still good ones regardless.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here ya go argumentative one- every freaking mock draft out there. http://walterfootbal...m/draftdata.php

    Kiper is a ESPN talking head that's right around 50% of the time. He's changed his tune in the last couple months. http://espn.go.com/v...d=espn:14569169

    FWIW, If guys like Polian or Kiper were so great at evaluating talent, they'd be working in an NFL scouting department.

    It's early- the draft is still months away, and some of the stuff you posted is contrarian garbage, just to get hits. Prospects, especially top prospects get picked apart pre-draft.

  • @the-gipper said:

    https://clesportstalk.net/why-in-the-world-do-people-think-drafting-jared-goff-or-paxton-lynch-is-a-good-idea/

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000578322/article/is-hype-about-memphis-qb-paxton-lynch-warranted

    http://www.ibabuzz.com/beartalk/2015/12/02/football-espns-todd-mcshay-says-jared-goff-stay/

    Here even Kiper and McShay back off these guys.

    From your first link:

    "Now let’s switch over to Mr. Jared Goff. We can start with Todd McShay’s and Mel Kiper’s projection for him since we just talked about them with Paxton’s overall rating. Well, Goff is rated even LOWER than Paxton Lynch on both analysts’ draft boards. Goff is rated as the tenth best player on Kiper’s board while he is all the way down at fifteenth on McShay’s. "

    From Link #2 which is an article about Lynch, not Goff:

    "Lynch appears to lack some of the polish I'm seeing with Goff, for example, but draft decisions aren't made based on how a player is performing right now. They are made based on the long-term projection of ceiling vs. floor."

    In Link #3 at its core McShay really argues that both Goff and Lynch would benefit from another year of development. I agree... and Goff can do that in Berea behind McCown until he is ready. Kiper on the other hand says no such thing.

    @tour2ma said:

    From your first link:

    "Now let’s switch over to Mr. Jared Goff. We can start with Todd McShay’s and Mel Kiper’s projection for him since we just talked about them with Paxton’s overall rating. Well, Goff is rated even LOWER than Paxton Lynch on both analysts’ draft boards. Goff is rated as the tenth best player on Kiper’s board while he is all the way down at fifteenth on McShay’s. "

    From Link #2 which is an article about Lynch, not Goff:

    "Lynch appears to lack some of the polish I'm seeing with Goff, for example, but draft decisions aren't made based on how a player is performing right now. They are made based on the long-term projection of ceiling vs. floor."

    In Link #3 at its core McShay really argues that both Goff and Lynch would benefit from another year of development. I agree... and Goff can do that in Berea behind McCown until he is ready. Kiper on the other hand says no such thing.

    If we do end up taking Goff #2, he sure as hell won't sit a year. If you are drafted #2 overall, you play....period.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here ya go argumentative one- every freaking mock draft out there. http://walterfootbal...m/draftdata.php

    Kiper is a ESPN talking head that's right around 50% of the time. He's changed his tune in the last couple months. http://espn.go.com/v...d=espn:14569169

    FWIW, If guys like Polian or Kiper were so great at evaluating talent, they'd be working in an NFL scouting department.

    It's early- the draft is still months away, and some of the stuff you posted is contrarian garbage, just to get hits. Prospects, especially top prospects get picked apart pre-draft.

    @hoorta said:

    Here ya go argumentative one- every freaking mock draft out there. http://walterfootbal...m/draftdata.php

    Kiper is a ESPN talking head that's right around 50% of the time. He's changed his tune in the last couple months. http://espn.go.com/v...d=espn:14569169

    FWIW, If guys like Polian or Kiper were so great at evaluating talent, they'd be working in an NFL scouting department.

    It's early- the draft is still months away, and some of the stuff you posted is contrarian garbage, just to get hits. Prospects, especially top prospects get picked apart pre-draft.

    Eh, it's not perfect, but it will do. These are mostly just random Joe Blow mocks, not any real mocks affiliated with any of the big analysts. But it at least shows a trend.

    There are 120 mocks listed on that website. 59 from 2015, 61 from 2016 so far. Goff is listed 60 times in that entire list - with 40 of those listings in mocks done this year. That means 40 of 61 mocks in 2016 have Goff as a top-five pick. Further, of the 21 mocks that don't have Goff in the top-five, 14 of them have Paxton Lynch instead.

    That means there are only seven mock drafts of 2016 so far that don't have a top-five QB at all. Only 11% of mock drafts since the end of the college football regular season don't have a top-five QB.

    Forgive me, but it's hard to believe that a majority of analysts figure these guys to be second-round prospects when an overwhelming majority of mock drafts are saying the opposite.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here ya go argumentative one- every freaking mock draft out there. http://walterfootbal...m/draftdata.php

    Kiper is a ESPN talking head that's right around 50% of the time. He's changed his tune in the last couple months. http://espn.go.com/v...d=espn:14569169

    FWIW, If guys like Polian or Kiper were so great at evaluating talent, they'd be working in an NFL scouting department.

    It's early- the draft is still months away, and some of the stuff you posted is contrarian garbage, just to get hits. Prospects, especially top prospects get picked apart pre-draft.

    @hoorta said:

    Here ya go argumentative one- every freaking mock draft out there. http://walterfootbal...m/draftdata.php

    Kiper is a ESPN talking head that's right around 50% of the time. He's changed his tune in the last couple months. http://espn.go.com/v...d=espn:14569169

    FWIW, If guys like Polian or Kiper were so great at evaluating talent, they'd be working in an NFL scouting department.

    It's early- the draft is still months away, and some of the stuff you posted is contrarian garbage, just to get hits. Prospects, especially top prospects get picked apart pre-draft.

    The point is, the first impressions of these guys were: "average". Now that it is draft time the QBs are getting ranked higher.

    I mean, Brandon Weeden was ranked a 2=3....but he became a 1st rounder. Happens all the time.

  • @hoorta said:

    Here ya go argumentative one- every freaking mock draft out there. http://walterfootbal...m/draftdata.php

    Kiper is a ESPN talking head that's right around 50% of the time. He's changed his tune in the last couple months. http://espn.go.com/v...d=espn:14569169

    FWIW, If guys like Polian or Kiper were so great at evaluating talent, they'd be working in an NFL scouting department.

    It's early- the draft is still months away, and some of the stuff you posted is contrarian garbage, just to get hits. Prospects, especially top prospects get picked apart pre-draft.

    Eh, it's not perfect, but it will do. These are mostly just random Joe Blow mocks, not any real mocks affiliated with any of the big analysts. But it at least shows a trend.

    There are 120 mocks listed on that website. 59 from 2015, 61 from 2016 so far. Goff is listed 60 times in that entire list - with 40 of those listings in mocks done this year. That means 40 of 61 mocks in 2016 have Goff as a top-five pick. Further, of the 21 mocks that don't have Goff in the top-five, 14 of them have Paxton Lynch instead.

    That means there are only seven mock drafts of 2016 so far that don't have a top-five QB at all. Only 11% of mock drafts since the end of the college football regular season don't have a top-five QB.

    Forgive me, but it's hard to believe that a majority of analysts figure these guys to be second-round prospects when an overwhelming majority of mock drafts are saying the opposite.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Eh, it's not perfect, but it will do. These are mostly just random Joe Blow mocks, not any real mocks affiliated with any of the big analysts. But it at least shows a trend.

    There are 120 mocks listed on that website. 59 from 2015, 61 from 2016 so far. Goff is listed 60 times in that entire list - with 40 of those listings in mocks done this year. That means 40 of 61 mocks in 2016 have Goff as a top-five pick. Further, of the 21 mocks that don't have Goff in the top-five, 14 of them have Paxton Lynch instead.

    That means there are only seven mock drafts of 2016 so far that don't have a top-five QB at all. Only 11% of mock drafts since the end of the college football regular season don't have a top-five QB.

    Forgive me, but it's hard to believe that a majority of analysts figure these guys to be second-round prospects when an overwhelming majority of mock drafts are saying the opposite.

    You also have to realize this about those mocks: They are NOT listing who they think the best potential prospects are....they are listing what they think each team should or would do:

    They see the Browns as needing a QB. Sure, OK.....so they mock the Browns into taking a QB out of need.

    They are NOT saying that Goff is the second best talent available in this draft....they are saying this is what they think the Browns should do......even if these QBs are Christian Ponder quality talent.

    Hue Jackson said it right: If there is a guy that is quality enough to take at #2, then we might take him.....But if he is not good enough, then we have to pass.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Eh, it's not perfect, but it will do. These are mostly just random Joe Blow mocks, not any real mocks affiliated with any of the big analysts. But it at least shows a trend.

    There are 120 mocks listed on that website. 59 from 2015, 61 from 2016 so far. Goff is listed 60 times in that entire list - with 40 of those listings in mocks done this year. That means 40 of 61 mocks in 2016 have Goff as a top-five pick. Further, of the 21 mocks that don't have Goff in the top-five, 14 of them have Paxton Lynch instead.

    That means there are only seven mock drafts of 2016 so far that don't have a top-five QB at all. Only 11% of mock drafts since the end of the college football regular season don't have a top-five QB.

    Forgive me, but it's hard to believe that a majority of analysts figure these guys to be second-round prospects when an overwhelming majority of mock drafts are saying the opposite.

    You also have to realize this about those mocks: They are NOT listing who they think the best potential prospects are....they are listing what they think each team should or would do:

    They see the Browns as needing a QB. Sure, OK.....so they mock the Browns into taking a QB out of need.

    They are NOT saying that Goff is the second best talent available in this draft....they are saying this is what they think the Browns should do......even if these QBs are Christian Ponder quality talent.

    Hue Jackson said it right: If there is a guy that is quality enough to take at #2, then we might take him.....But if he is not good enough, then we have to pass.

    @the-gipper said:

    You also have to realize this about those mocks: They are NOT listing who they think the best potential prospects are....they are listing what they think each team should or would do:

    They see the Browns as needing a QB. Sure, OK.....so they mock the Browns into taking a QB out of need.

    They are NOT saying that Goff is the second best talent available in this draft....they are saying this is what they think the Browns should do......even if these QBs are Christian Ponder quality talent.

    Hue Jackson said it right: If there is a guy that is quality enough to take at #2, then we might take him.....But if he is not good enough, then we have to pass.

    See, that's funny...because I seem to recall Hue Jackson saying this:

    "If there is a QB at #2 that is a best fit for our team, we need to go get him. It's my opinion we need a QB."

    Misremembering information on accident is one thing, but changing quotes? C'mon Gip.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000624126/article/hue-jackson-browns-need-to-go-get-qb-with-no-2-pick-in-draft