If Goff Is Gone...
-
they had a Strohs night in Germany? I didn't even know they still brewed that toilet water.
-
Lol, won't argue that BUT there are more heat accessible micros like Belgian wheats for example. You know what my ass is drinking after a hot ass day of cutting the grass? Ice cold water or iced tea. Beer just dehydrates and I don't like fucking headaches

love belgian whites. but there is a limit of how much i can drink of any craft beer.....i guess any beer nowadays. agree on the dehydration. but be around a sand pit volleyball pit playing playing all in with sand in your face and then try and pick up a hot blonde out of a gaggle of 10 in the tempe sun who is drinking a coors and you have iced tea.
just sayin. you might live to tell the tale but if they're drinkin they want you to be drinkin too.
man those were the days!
Get your old ass in the gym, you're never too old. It's a state of mindlove belgian whites. but there is a limit of how much i can drink of any craft beer.....i guess any beer nowadays. agree on the dehydration. but be around a sand pit volleyball pit playing playing all in with sand in your face and then try and pick up a hot blonde out of a gaggle of 10 in the tempe sun who is drinking a coors and you have iced tea.
just sayin. you might live to tell the tale but if they're drinkin they want you to be drinkin too.
man those were the days!
-
If you are after a buzz you drink a whole hell of a lot less micro than domestic. It's all a matter of preference. I don't look down on people that throw back the piss water. If its what you like you've certainly earned the money to spend it as you please. I do encourage people to try new stuff though as people really are missing out. The beer I linked in here for example is so fucking good. Great winter beer too and it's not outrageous expensive or maybe my micro brew place is just reasonable in good ol Delaware Ohio. Speaking of Delaware where the hell has slowburn been?
Are you operating a microbrew?
They are about to open one up here in Wadsworth.....come June I believe.
Are you operating a microbrew?
They are about to open one up here in Wadsworth.....come June I believe.
No, we have a food business but its not a microbrew joint. We have one that I always go to which is why I said "my micro brew place". It's called barley hopsters, located on the corner of sandusky and William Street in Delaware. (Ohio)
-
what are those, $10 ea. at a retail store?
GTFO. for 3 of those beers you could buy a nice bottle of booze and be happy the whole weekend, or in a lot of your cases, a month.
craft beer, imported beer? sure it's fine for a taste changer but you aren't drinking those all day unless you want to walk around look like a balloon AND be broke......
As they say Mik- "wine is fine, but liquor is quicker." If you're talking buzz for the buck- shit, you can get a 1.75 of Kamchatka (maybe two) for the same price as 3 of those beers. Liver failure is not far off.
The liquor equivalents of those beers are Patron, VSOP cognac, and single malt scotches.One Post From the Truth said:
Micro brews
Pussy brews
Depends on your POV. Pussy brews are any American "Lite" beer. I still am amazed guys will shell out $8 bucks at the stadium for a bottle of that watered down crap. Try this stuff if you can find it- it's the closest thing you're going to find to a babbling brook in a can.

Throw one of those down and you are prob done, very high alcohol content most of the time. They are also most certainly more than 10 per. I'd say around 12-15. I only drink micro brews unless it's scotch or jack and coke.
Exactly Vag. I'm not beneath tossing down a Labatts or Coors after I've just gotten done cutting the grass on a 95 degree day, but that's the difference. Craft beers are meant to be savored, not just casually tossed back. I'd bet even Mik would have a royal buzz on if he drank a six pack of my St. Bernardus Abbot 12. Fact: our local Tap room will cut you off after you've had 3 of them.

Original Stroh's was pretty damn good, then they diluted their brand when they bought Schlitz trying to become a big boy brand.

lol... Pearl Light... the only beer I have ever had freeze in my fridge.
mik, Gipper, come to London and I'll give you some proper beer.
Around 2000-2001 when I was doing a year and a half of course work at Warwick, there was a Budweiser invasion... could not believe what I was seeing.
When I was in Austria and Germany they all made fun of American beer and joked about how great it must be for me to be having a real beer.
Drank Stiegl with some locals in a Salzburg bar once. They loved telling me repeatedly that their brewery was older than my country.
-
Original Stroh's was pretty damn good, then they diluted their brand when they bought Schlitz trying to become a big boy brand.

lol... Pearl Light... the only beer I have ever had freeze in my fridge.
mik, Gipper, come to London and I'll give you some proper beer.
Around 2000-2001 when I was doing a year and a half of course work at Warwick, there was a Budweiser invasion... could not believe what I was seeing.
When I was in Austria and Germany they all made fun of American beer and joked about how great it must be for me to be having a real beer.
Drank Stiegl with some locals in a Salzburg bar once. They loved telling me repeatedly that their brewery was older than my country.
Around 2000-2001 when I was doing a year and a half of course work at Warwick, there was a Budweiser invasion... could not believe what I was seeing.
I think the bud we get here is closer to the czech original. It's still marketed as american though, so I'm not sure. Either way, it's piss water. Fizzy flavourless piss.
-
-
I'm pretty sure I've seen a Coronado tap handle in ohio at least once. I can't recall where it was, but I'm a draft beer tech so the next time I see it I'll grab a sample.
-
Victory at Sea is quite possibly the best porter I've had.
Yep, plus Fullers London porter. They are both phenomenal.
-
Are you operating a microbrew?
They are about to open one up here in Wadsworth.....come June I believe.
No, we have a food business but its not a microbrew joint. We have one that I always go to which is why I said "my micro brew place". It's called barley hopsters, located on the corner of sandusky and William Street in Delaware. (Ohio)
No, we have a food business but its not a microbrew joint. We have one that I always go to which is why I said "my micro brew place". It's called barley hopsters, located on the corner of sandusky and William Street in Delaware. (Ohio)
Is your place a restaurant or coffee shop....or some other kind of food service?
-
Around 2000-2001 when I was doing a year and a half of course work at Warwick, there was a Budweiser invasion... could not believe what I was seeing.
I think the bud we get here is closer to the czech original. It's still marketed as american though, so I'm not sure. Either way, it's piss water. Fizzy flavourless piss.
-
I remember when this was a football board.
-
I remember when this was a football board.
I remember when this was a football board.
We didn't play football this season.

Drink up.

-
I remember when this was a football board.
-
yeah, lot's to talk about football right now.
especially in cleveland.
don't worry though, we'll throw up a dungeons and dragons thread for ya TCPO.
-
I'm not afraid to say that within its own category there's no more consistent American beer any better than Budweiser.So? You think that Budweiser and PBR and Coors are the best brews around?
Even I, a non beer lover know better than that.
I don't particularly like that genre of beer but it is what it is.
WSS
I'm not afraid to say that within its own category there's no more consistent American beer any better than Budweiser.
I don't particularly like that genre of beer but it is what it is.
WSS
You got it Steve- it's amazing Bud can churn out millions of gallons of the stuff, and every one is exactly like the last one.
Ha, you definitely haven't drank many micro brews if that's the case and I'm not talking about the random one or two on tap at Buffalo wild wings. I much prefer a micro brew but will still drink a bud or similar if I'm at a party. I won't drink that piss water everyone is happy to throw down tho. Bud light, Miller lite etc. It's not fucking hipster to enjoy better tasting beer and some of it is just a matter of adjusting your palate. Micro brews most of the time have so much more flavor than the watered down piss most drink its a shock to the mouth and you must adjust. Is someone a steak snob if they would rather eat filet mignon? Lol
& some people really don't like all that extra flavor. To each their own. I don't expect Bud or Coors to go out of business any time soon.
It figures you would be that "Guy" Hey roll up your skinny jeans and tell me a good craft beer story.
Well, based on those videos, you apparently have an axe to grind with beer snobs. Got an inferiority complex because all you like is a mass market American beer? Yeah some people take their beer appreciation over the top. & if all you like is Bud, Miller, or Coors- that's fine. The beer snob is just taking their que from the wine snob crowd. I don't see anything wrong if you want to discuss the difference in the types of hops used in your beer. I can't tell the difference. But I will say- the only people that should be drinking Lite beers are the folks who are fanatic about watching their weight. You can only take the calories out of beer by taking the alcohol out.
Oh, and get ready for the next snob attack- the Bourbon Snob. http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/bourbon-snobbery/
I think the bud we get here is closer to the czech original. It's still marketed as american though, so I'm not sure. Either way, it's piss water. Fizzy flavourless piss.
Well, your fellow Brits Howie and G-Man are partial to Guinness. Yeah- they wanted to sell the real, original Budjovice here in the US, but Budweiser got upset about it, and made them brand it as Czechvar, even though the original Czech brewery has Anheuser-Busch beat by centuries. I'd hazard a guess Erie Dawg didn't know that.
I remember when this was a football board.
LOL, it's the slow season TCPO. You should have been here in "The Dark Years" the three seasons post the betrayal- when we really didn't have much to talk about.

-
Around 2000-2001 when I was doing a year and a half of course work at Warwick, there was a Budweiser invasion... could not believe what I was seeing.
I think the bud we get here is closer to the czech original. It's still marketed as american though, so I'm not sure. Either way, it's piss water. Fizzy flavourless piss.
I think the bud we get here is closer to the czech original. It's still marketed as american though, so I'm not sure. Either way, it's piss water. Fizzy flavourless piss.
I was told it was good old USA Bud... and, Gip, it was being served ice cold.
I am incapable of drinking An-Busch beers. Headache blooms before half of it is down. Perhaps it's beechwood induced.
-
I think the bud we get here is closer to the czech original. It's still marketed as american though, so I'm not sure. Either way, it's piss water. Fizzy flavourless piss.
I was told it was good old USA Bud... and, Gip, it was being served ice cold.
I am incapable of drinking An-Busch beers. Headache blooms before half of it is down. Perhaps it's beechwood induced.
-
Victory at Sea is quite possibly the best porter I've had.
If you ever come over to Blighty you need to try Larkins Porter. It's delicious.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login