Skip to content

If Goff Is Gone...

The Browns Board
196 34 5.4k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    My wife loves that chocolate stout...

    My fav stout is still Beamish Black. I've still only found one place in the states that carries it, Flying Saucers in Little Rock, AR. Supposedly since then the brewery was bought by Heinekens and they have limited its export.

    Beamish+Irish+Stout.jpeg

  • THE BEST BEER YOU WILL EVER DRINK ......... YOU CAN GET IT IN USA 🙂

    088458d5c698a04dc1f9aaaa8d34d0fb.jpg

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @darren15 said:

    THE BEST BEER YOU WILL EVER DRINK ......... YOU CAN GET IT IN USA 🙂

    088458d5c698a04dc1f9aaaa8d34d0fb.jpg

    They also make an excellent Oatmeal Stout. I like them both. Picked me up some of my fav Trappistes Rochefort 10 today to spoil my son-in-law at dinner tonight.

    samuel-smith-oatmeal-stout1.jpg
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Retitle the Thread: Goff sent out for Beer.

    (It may be what he will best at)

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    I'm not crazy about stouts but I grabbed a bottle of the speedway stout last week and it was delicious (never had it before).

    AleSmith-Speedway-Stout.jpg

  • @gftchris said:

    I think the bud we get here is closer to the czech original. It's still marketed as american though, so I'm not sure. Either way, it's piss water. Fizzy flavourless piss.

    I was told it was good old USA Bud... and, Gip, it was being served ice cold.

    I am incapable of drinking An-Busch beers. Headache blooms before half of it is down. Perhaps it's beechwood induced.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    I was told it was good old USA Bud... and, Gip, it was being served ice cold.

    I am incapable of drinking An-Busch beers. Headache blooms before half of it is down. Perhaps it's beechwood induced.

    Tour was that Europe, or over here? The original stuff from the Czech Republic isn't even close to American Budweiser. Czechvar- what they have to call it in the USA- is closer in taste to Pilsner Urquell. I suppose I should be proud of my Czech ancestry- because they invented pilsners. 🙂

    AB claimed they owned the American rights to the name. Here's a history of the dispute if you're interested- there's another on Wiki

    http://business.time.com/2014/01/27/where-a-budweiser-isnt-allowed-to-be-a-budweiser/

    250px-Budweiser_Budvar_Logo.svg.png

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    I see a lot of stouts. Bring on the IPAs.

    WSS

  • I see a lot of stouts. Bring on the IPAs.

    WSS

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @westside-steve said:

    I see a lot of stouts. Bring on the IPAs.

    WSS

    Bah- humbug Steve. I'm the anti-hop. Remember the Keystone Lite "Bitter Beer Face" ads? As in anything else, you can overdo it. I'm waiting for some brew pervert to stuff a hop cluster in each bottle for added kick, just like they put a worm in a Mescal bottle. Give me a Great Lakes Dortmunder for everyday swill. 🙂

    OH- when I'm in a mood for some heavy stuff, Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald, Blackout Stout, Sam Smith's Oatmeal or Taddy Porter. I can't get into Howie's Guinness kick though.

  • @darren15 said:

    THE BEST BEER YOU WILL EVER DRINK ......... YOU CAN GET IT IN USA 🙂

    088458d5c698a04dc1f9aaaa8d34d0fb.jpg

    They also make an excellent Oatmeal Stout. I like them both. Picked me up some of my fav Trappistes Rochefort 10 today to spoil my son-in-law at dinner tonight.

    samuel-smith-oatmeal-stout1.jpg
    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    samuel-smith-oatmeal-stout1.jpg

    one of my faves. but as i've said before, to me those are like a one and done.

    then time to clear the palette with a nice beefeater gin and tonic(s). pint size please!!

  • @tour2ma said:

    I was told it was good old USA Bud... and, Gip, it was being served ice cold.

    I am incapable of drinking An-Busch beers. Headache blooms before half of it is down. Perhaps it's beechwood induced.

    Tour was that Europe, or over here? The original stuff from the Czech Republic isn't even close to American Budweiser. Czechvar- what they have to call it in the USA- is closer in taste to Pilsner Urquell. I suppose I should be proud of my Czech ancestry- because they invented pilsners. 🙂

    AB claimed they owned the American rights to the name. Here's a history of the dispute if you're interested- there's another on Wiki

    http://business.time.com/2014/01/27/where-a-budweiser-isnt-allowed-to-be-a-budweiser/

    250px-Budweiser_Budvar_Logo.svg.png

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Tour was that Europe, or over here? The original stuff from the Czech Republic isn't even close to American Budweiser.

    Over here... been that way forever. I did try the Czech Bud once over there. No issues that I can recall.

  • @westside-steve said:

    I see a lot of stouts. Bring on the IPAs.

    WSS

    Bah- humbug Steve. I'm the anti-hop. Remember the Keystone Lite "Bitter Beer Face" ads? As in anything else, you can overdo it. I'm waiting for some brew pervert to stuff a hop cluster in each bottle for added kick, just like they put a worm in a Mescal bottle. Give me a Great Lakes Dortmunder for everyday swill. 🙂

    OH- when I'm in a mood for some heavy stuff, Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald, Blackout Stout, Sam Smith's Oatmeal or Taddy Porter. I can't get into Howie's Guinness kick though.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Bah- humbug Steve. I'm the anti-hop. Remember the Keystone Lite "Bitter Beer Face" ads? As in anything else, you can overdo it. I'm waiting for some brew pervert to stuff a hop cluster in each bottle for added kick, just like they put a worm in a Mescal bottle. Give me a Great Lakes Dortmunder for everyday swill. 🙂

    OH- when I'm in a mood for some heavy stuff, Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald, Blackout Stout, Sam Smith's Oatmeal or Taddy Porter. I can't get into Howie's Guinness kick though.

    I think White Rajah and Headhunter are the two best IPA you can buy. Don't really like Dortmunder. You live in Texas? Or someplace fucked up right? Or are you here in God's country? If you are here you should treat yourself to a visit to the Hopping Frog in South Akron.

    Fred is a great brewer but he really leans heavily to the high octane stouts.

    WSS

  • @hoorta said:

    Bah- humbug Steve. I'm the anti-hop. Remember the Keystone Lite "Bitter Beer Face" ads? As in anything else, you can overdo it. I'm waiting for some brew pervert to stuff a hop cluster in each bottle for added kick, just like they put a worm in a Mescal bottle. Give me a Great Lakes Dortmunder for everyday swill. 🙂

    OH- when I'm in a mood for some heavy stuff, Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald, Blackout Stout, Sam Smith's Oatmeal or Taddy Porter. I can't get into Howie's Guinness kick though.

    I think White Rajah and Headhunter are the two best IPA you can buy. Don't really like Dortmunder. You live in Texas? Or someplace fucked up right? Or are you here in God's country? If you are here you should treat yourself to a visit to the Hopping Frog in South Akron.

    Fred is a great brewer but he really leans heavily to the high octane stouts.

    WSS

    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    I think White Rajah and Headhunter are the two best IPA you can buy. Don't really like Dortmunder. You live in Texas? Or someplace fucked up right? Or are you here in God's country? If you are here you should treat yourself to a visit to the Hopping Frog in South Akron.

    Fred is a great brewer but he really leans heavily to the high octane stouts.

    WSS

    Hate to do it again, but Ballast Point Sculpin is my favorite IPA.

    Stone RuinTen Triple IPA is pretty excellent too, unless you have to walk any time in the near future after imbibing.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    I'm with hoorta-can't stand those bitter hoppy IPA's'. Gimme a good dark stout anytime, the heavier the better.

  • @westside-steve said:

    I think White Rajah and Headhunter are the two best IPA you can buy. Don't really like Dortmunder. You live in Texas? Or someplace fucked up right? Or are you here in God's country? If you are here you should treat yourself to a visit to the Hopping Frog in South Akron.

    Fred is a great brewer but he really leans heavily to the high octane stouts.

    WSS

    Hate to do it again, but Ballast Point Sculpin is my favorite IPA.

    Stone RuinTen Triple IPA is pretty excellent too, unless you have to walk any time in the near future after imbibing.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    @mike-h said:

    Hate to do it again, but Ballast Point Sculpin is my favorite IPA.

    Stone RuinTen Triple IPA is pretty excellent too, unless you have to walk any time in the near future after imbibing.

    I love the grapefruit sculpin too.

    The lagunitas sucks and pretty much everything they offer is really good stuff too that's available all the time.

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by

    Grapefruit is amazing. Picking some up within the hour

  • @westside-steve said:

    I think White Rajah and Headhunter are the two best IPA you can buy. Don't really like Dortmunder. You live in Texas? Or someplace fucked up right? Or are you here in God's country? If you are here you should treat yourself to a visit to the Hopping Frog in South Akron.

    Fred is a great brewer but he really leans heavily to the high octane stouts.

    WSS

    Hate to do it again, but Ballast Point Sculpin is my favorite IPA.

    Stone RuinTen Triple IPA is pretty excellent too, unless you have to walk any time in the near future after imbibing.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    @mike-h said:

    Hate to do it again, but Ballast Point Sculpin is my favorite IPA.

    Stone RuinTen Triple IPA is pretty excellent too, unless you have to walk any time in the near future after imbibing.

    Don't misunderstand, I love Ballast Point.

    Sculpting Grapefruit and grunyon too.

    And Sucks!

    WSS

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    Keep your eyes open for the Alpine brewing company, hoppy birthday, Nelson and a couple others whose names escape me at this moment.

    And Rogue Yellow Snow

    WSS

  • I see a lot of stouts. Bring on the IPAs.

    WSS

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    I see a lot of stouts. Bring on the IPAs.

    WSS

    Bell's is releasing their hopslam soon. I was talking with the beer guy at heinens today and he said he's getting a lot of it in, in cans and mini kegs (he might get some for the growler station as well) which is great news. %10 DIPA that balances 6 types of hops perfectly. This one is in the beer hall of fame. If you like IPAs and haven't tried hopslam, keep your eyes peeled for it.

    Also pretty excited for Great Lakes chillwave season. Long trail has a great IPA called Limbo and of course Southern Teir has a very deep roster of kick ass IPAs. I'm hitting up the southern Teir brewery in Lakewood New York this spring and I'm gonna get pants-shitting, pirate drunk on them dank brews.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    I think this discussion should be in the Johnny Manziel thread 🥷

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Shhhh... it's as close as we have to a "Camp Goff" thread... and it has beer....

  • Shhhh... it's as close as we have to a "Camp Goff" thread... and it has beer....

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Shhhh... it's as close as we have to a "Camp Goff" thread... and it has beer....

    LOL in the 1999 camp wars, I sort of remember some of the camps were offering dancing girls, and drinks.