Skip to content

"That Is One Big Mofo"

The Browns Board
92 24 3.3k
  • HA!!

    that could go a couple of ways chris. money or drugs?

  • ‏Dan Kadar @MockingTheDraft

    Carson Wentz of North Dakota State officially measures 6'5 1/4, 233 pounds.

    Dan Kadar ‏@MockingTheDraft

    Again, 10-inch hands, 32 3/8-inch arm length, 78-inch wingspan. An NFL person by me "That is one big motherfucker."

    I'll take "Things No Woman Has Ever Said To Ghoolie In The Heat Of The Moment" for 1,000.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'll take "Things No Woman Has Ever Said To Ghoolie In The Heat Of The Moment" for 1,000.

    LOL LOL

  • Was definitely never concerned about his size, and the crazy thing about Wentz is he was something like 5'7 and 150 pounds as a freshman, LOL. (I could be a little off, but it was something like that).

    I've said for a while (as well as many people) that Wentz could skyrocket with a good combine and pro day. Not sure we could take him with the #2, but if he grades out high enough, we just might if Goff is higher. Or we might have Wentz rated higher...who knows. Kind of reminds me of the Bortles situation, ya know? The Jags ended up taking him pretty early, and they caught a bit of flack for that. I admire that they found their guy, took him no matter where they were, and developed him. Oh, and they gave him an excellent WR corp...what a concept.

  • Was definitely never concerned about his size, and the crazy thing about Wentz is he was something like 5'7 and 150 pounds as a freshman, LOL. (I could be a little off, but it was something like that).

    I've said for a while (as well as many people) that Wentz could skyrocket with a good combine and pro day. Not sure we could take him with the #2, but if he grades out high enough, we just might if Goff is higher. Or we might have Wentz rated higher...who knows. Kind of reminds me of the Bortles situation, ya know? The Jags ended up taking him pretty early, and they caught a bit of flack for that. I admire that they found their guy, took him no matter where they were, and developed him. Oh, and they gave him an excellent WR corp...what a concept.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Was definitely never concerned about his size, and the crazy thing about Wentz is he was something like 5'7 and 150 pounds as a freshman, LOL. (I could be a little off, but it was something like that).

    I've said for a while (as well as many people) that Wentz could skyrocket with a good combine and pro day. Not sure we could take him with the #2, but if he grades out high enough, we just might if Goff is higher. Or we might have Wentz rated higher...who knows. Kind of reminds me of the Bortles situation, ya know? The Jags ended up taking him pretty early, and they caught a bit of flack for that. I admire that they found their guy, took him no matter where they were, and developed him. Oh, and they gave him an excellent WR corp...what a concept.

    Yeah, what a concept. If only we'd drafted and developed a couple of receivers with thousand yards seasons and added a pro-bowl tight end for our QB to throw to next year. If only.

  • Was definitely never concerned about his size, and the crazy thing about Wentz is he was something like 5'7 and 150 pounds as a freshman, LOL. (I could be a little off, but it was something like that).

    I've said for a while (as well as many people) that Wentz could skyrocket with a good combine and pro day. Not sure we could take him with the #2, but if he grades out high enough, we just might if Goff is higher. Or we might have Wentz rated higher...who knows. Kind of reminds me of the Bortles situation, ya know? The Jags ended up taking him pretty early, and they caught a bit of flack for that. I admire that they found their guy, took him no matter where they were, and developed him. Oh, and they gave him an excellent WR corp...what a concept.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    and they gave him an excellent WR corp...what a concept.

    Heresy, heresy!! Everyone knows you make it to the SB with midgets, UDS failers and rainBowes. πŸ˜†

  • @miktoxic said:

    hasn't dropped a bottle yet!

    Or a dime.

    @gftchris said:

    Or a dime.

    $0.15 for overtime.

    WSS

  • Here's what I think about Wentz vs Goff:

    - Goff is better at making reads, better accuracy, better footwork, better awareness (he never looks at pressure but he always knows where it is), and is much quicker going through progressions (he is also always light on his feet and turning his body as he scans the field - similar to Rodgers). Wentz tends to lock on to his first read and predetermines a lot of throws. He leads guys too far sometimes, is more raw in all these categories.

    - Wentz has ideal size, more arm strength, and is more athletic.

    - Wentz played in a "pro-style" system except he did it against non-NFL talent, and only did it for 1 1/2 years worth of games.

    - Wentz broke his throwing wrist in october 2015 - missed 2+ months of action after surgery. Also broke is forearm or something in high school IIRC

    - Wentz is almost 2 years older than Goff (23 versus 21). You can put Goff in a pro system for 1 1/2 years and he'd be younger than Wentz is today - with more experience than Wentz has today.

    The only reason anybody is rating Wentz so high is because of potential. Ok he could become Joe Flacco or he could become Blaine Gabbert.

    Enough of the ideal size arm strength bull shit. Take the damn guy who's younger and does everything else well enough to be much closer to a "sure thing"

    Wentz is the guy we should trade up to #22 for, Goff is the guy we should take at #2. Just sayin'

  • pick a QB at 2. 22 has become a curse for QBs in the brown's org.

    now if i were confident that the browns could trade down out of 2 and grab their #1 rated QB somewhere still in the top ten and garner another pick ........great!

    but we are talking the browns here.

  • Here's what I think about Wentz vs Goff:

    - Goff is better at making reads, better accuracy, better footwork, better awareness (he never looks at pressure but he always knows where it is), and is much quicker going through progressions (he is also always light on his feet and turning his body as he scans the field - similar to Rodgers). Wentz tends to lock on to his first read and predetermines a lot of throws. He leads guys too far sometimes, is more raw in all these categories.

    - Wentz has ideal size, more arm strength, and is more athletic.

    - Wentz played in a "pro-style" system except he did it against non-NFL talent, and only did it for 1 1/2 years worth of games.

    - Wentz broke his throwing wrist in october 2015 - missed 2+ months of action after surgery. Also broke is forearm or something in high school IIRC

    - Wentz is almost 2 years older than Goff (23 versus 21). You can put Goff in a pro system for 1 1/2 years and he'd be younger than Wentz is today - with more experience than Wentz has today.

    The only reason anybody is rating Wentz so high is because of potential. Ok he could become Joe Flacco or he could become Blaine Gabbert.

    Enough of the ideal size arm strength bull shit. Take the damn guy who's younger and does everything else well enough to be much closer to a "sure thing"

    Wentz is the guy we should trade up to #22 for, Goff is the guy we should take at #2. Just sayin'

    @bbedward said:

    Here's what I think about Wentz vs Goff:

    - Goff is better at making reads, better accuracy, better footwork, better awareness (he never looks at pressure but he always knows where it is), and is much quicker going through progressions (he is also always light on his feet and turning his body as he scans the field - similar to Rodgers). Wentz tends to lock on to his first read and predetermines a lot of throws. He leads guys too far sometimes, is more raw in all these categories.

    - Wentz has ideal size, more arm strength, and is more athletic.

    - Wentz played in a "pro-style" system except he did it against non-NFL talent, and only did it for 1 1/2 years worth of games.

    - Wentz broke his throwing wrist in october 2015 - missed 2+ months of action after surgery. Also broke is forearm or something in high school IIRC

    - Wentz is almost 2 years older than Goff (23 versus 21). You can put Goff in a pro system for 1 1/2 years and he'd be younger than Wentz is today - with more experience than Wentz has today.

    The only reason anybody is rating Wentz so high is because of potential. Ok he could become Joe Flacco or he could become Blaine Gabbert.

    Enough of the ideal size arm strength bull shit. Take the damn guy who's younger and does everything else well enough to be much closer to a "sure thing"

    Wentz is the guy we should trade up to #22 for, Goff is the guy we should take at #2. Just sayin'

    Wentz could be Flacco or Blaine Gabbert.....Goff IS Blaine Gabbert.

  • @bbedward said:

    Here's what I think about Wentz vs Goff:

    - Goff is better at making reads, better accuracy, better footwork, better awareness (he never looks at pressure but he always knows where it is), and is much quicker going through progressions (he is also always light on his feet and turning his body as he scans the field - similar to Rodgers). Wentz tends to lock on to his first read and predetermines a lot of throws. He leads guys too far sometimes, is more raw in all these categories.

    - Wentz has ideal size, more arm strength, and is more athletic.

    - Wentz played in a "pro-style" system except he did it against non-NFL talent, and only did it for 1 1/2 years worth of games.

    - Wentz broke his throwing wrist in october 2015 - missed 2+ months of action after surgery. Also broke is forearm or something in high school IIRC

    - Wentz is almost 2 years older than Goff (23 versus 21). You can put Goff in a pro system for 1 1/2 years and he'd be younger than Wentz is today - with more experience than Wentz has today.

    The only reason anybody is rating Wentz so high is because of potential. Ok he could become Joe Flacco or he could become Blaine Gabbert.

    Enough of the ideal size arm strength bull shit. Take the damn guy who's younger and does everything else well enough to be much closer to a "sure thing"

    Wentz is the guy we should trade up to #22 for, Goff is the guy we should take at #2. Just sayin'

    Wentz could be Flacco or Blaine Gabbert.....Goff IS Blaine Gabbert.

    @the-gipper said:

    Wentz could be Flacco or Blaine Gabbert.....Goff IS Blaine Gabbert.

    I don't see how you come to that conclusion when nobody else does - I don't think you've even seen Goff play tbh πŸ˜›

  • @the-gipper said:

    Wentz could be Flacco or Blaine Gabbert.....Goff IS Blaine Gabbert.

    I don't see how you come to that conclusion when nobody else does - I don't think you've even seen Goff play tbh πŸ˜›

    @bbedward said:

    I don't see how you come to that conclusion when nobody else does - I don't think you've even seen Goff play tbh πŸ˜›

    Similar size, similar arm strength....similar inconsistency. And I have seen him play....against Utah where he was bad.....and another game.....can't recall which......very mediocre there as well.

    Have I watched every single game he has played? No. But the samplings I have seen have not impressed me at all.

    Are you telling me that the only times I have seen him have been his only bad games?

    Well, to quote Bill Belichick: I can only go by what I see.

  • @bbedward said:

    I don't see how you come to that conclusion when nobody else does - I don't think you've even seen Goff play tbh πŸ˜›

    Similar size, similar arm strength....similar inconsistency. And I have seen him play....against Utah where he was bad.....and another game.....can't recall which......very mediocre there as well.

    Have I watched every single game he has played? No. But the samplings I have seen have not impressed me at all.

    Are you telling me that the only times I have seen him have been his only bad games?

    Well, to quote Bill Belichick: I can only go by what I see.

    @the-gipper said:

    Similar size, similar arm strength....similar inconsistency.

    Actually Blaine Gabbert was more like Wentz

    6'5, 235, 10" hands. Was regarded as more athletic and was known for having exceptional arm strength.

    I think you're the only one saying Goff is like Gabbert πŸ˜‰

  • Was definitely never concerned about his size, and the crazy thing about Wentz is he was something like 5'7 and 150 pounds as a freshman, LOL. (I could be a little off, but it was something like that).

    I've said for a while (as well as many people) that Wentz could skyrocket with a good combine and pro day. Not sure we could take him with the #2, but if he grades out high enough, we just might if Goff is higher. Or we might have Wentz rated higher...who knows. Kind of reminds me of the Bortles situation, ya know? The Jags ended up taking him pretty early, and they caught a bit of flack for that. I admire that they found their guy, took him no matter where they were, and developed him. Oh, and they gave him an excellent WR corp...what a concept.

    .. and heels dug in...

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Was definitely never concerned about his size, and the crazy thing about Wentz is he was something like 5'7 and 150 pounds as a freshman, LOL. (I could be a little off, but it was something like that).

    Slightly off as that is a HS story..

    @bbedward said:

    - Goff is better at making reads, better accuracy, better footwork, better awareness (he never looks at pressure but he always knows where it is), and is much quicker going through progressions (he is also always light on his feet and turning his body as he scans the field - similar to Rodgers). Wentz tends to lock on to his first read and predetermines a lot of throws. He leads guys too far sometimes, is more raw in all these categories.

    This^... while I agree with the rest of the statement, the key factor needed a slight tweak IMO.

    When one QB is already clearing the highest career hurdle a FBS QB can face while another has not showed the ability to clear a lower, Division I hurdle, there is no competition.

    Someone above mentioned Bortles... given Wentz's very limited experience at QB, I think the better comp is Tannehill.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Similar size, similar arm strength....similar inconsistency.

    Actually Blaine Gabbert was more like Wentz

    6'5, 235, 10" hands. Was regarded as more athletic and was known for having exceptional arm strength.

    I think you're the only one saying Goff is like Gabbert πŸ˜‰

    @bbedward said:

    Actually Blaine Gabbert was more like Wentz

    6'5, 235, 10" hands. Was regarded as more athletic and was known for having exceptional arm strength.

    I think you're the only one saying Goff is like Gabbert πŸ˜‰

    Slight Variations. An inch, a couple of pounds. For all I know they are both about like Gabbert.....from that standpoint that they should be viewed as potential NFL backup QBs.

    Though, sure....maybe put on like 10 pounds and Wentz could become like Roethlisberger. Tall strong QB from smaller school. He would only need about 10 pounds.

    Maybe Wentz is the guy. He has AFCN size.

    But then, what about Lynch's size?

    6'6" 225......he is an even bigger MOFO than Wentz.

  • I like how all season long we talk about this QB or that QB not having it between the ears, or his mechanics aren't great, crumbles under pressure, can't read defenses, then draft time comes around and people are obsessed with size and arm strength.

  • .. and heels dug in...

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Was definitely never concerned about his size, and the crazy thing about Wentz is he was something like 5'7 and 150 pounds as a freshman, LOL. (I could be a little off, but it was something like that).

    Slightly off as that is a HS story..

    @bbedward said:

    - Goff is better at making reads, better accuracy, better footwork, better awareness (he never looks at pressure but he always knows where it is), and is much quicker going through progressions (he is also always light on his feet and turning his body as he scans the field - similar to Rodgers). Wentz tends to lock on to his first read and predetermines a lot of throws. He leads guys too far sometimes, is more raw in all these categories.

    This^... while I agree with the rest of the statement, the key factor needed a slight tweak IMO.

    When one QB is already clearing the highest career hurdle a FBS QB can face while another has not showed the ability to clear a lower, Division I hurdle, there is no competition.

    Someone above mentioned Bortles... given Wentz's very limited experience at QB, I think the better comp is Tannehill.

    @tour2ma said:

    .. and heels dug in...

    Slightly off as that is a HS story..

    This^... while I agree with the rest of the statement, the key factor needed a slight tweak IMO.

    When one QB is already clearing the highest career hurdle a FBS QB can face while another has not showed the ability to clear a lower, Division I hurdle, there is no competition.

    Someone above mentioned Bortles... given Wentz's very limited experience at QB, I think the better comp is Tannehill.

    Well.....see above. You don't have to play in a P5 conference to become a good NFL QB.....See BR, Flacco, Fitzgerald, Bortles, Romo, Kaepernick (still some potential), Carr

  • @bbedward said:

    Actually Blaine Gabbert was more like Wentz

    6'5, 235, 10" hands. Was regarded as more athletic and was known for having exceptional arm strength.

    I think you're the only one saying Goff is like Gabbert πŸ˜‰

    Slight Variations. An inch, a couple of pounds. For all I know they are both about like Gabbert.....from that standpoint that they should be viewed as potential NFL backup QBs.

    Though, sure....maybe put on like 10 pounds and Wentz could become like Roethlisberger. Tall strong QB from smaller school. He would only need about 10 pounds.

    Maybe Wentz is the guy. He has AFCN size.

    But then, what about Lynch's size?

    6'6" 225......he is an even bigger MOFO than Wentz.

    @the-gipper said:

    Maybe Wentz is the guy. He has AFCN size.

    But then, what about Lynch's size?

    6'6" 225......he is an even bigger MOFO than Wentz.

    It's not about the size, it's how you use it πŸ˜‰

    I'm just sick of getting boners over ideal size and arm strength.

    We have a guy with the right mechanics, dime accuracy, reading defenses (usually is correct pre-snap at identifying where the blitz is coming and coverage) available in 2016 - who is younger than the other 2 prospects no less. I don't see how we pass that up for 2", 20 pounds, and a stronger arm (though I don't think our FO will, only some fans seem to want to).

  • @tour2ma said:

    .. and heels dug in...

    Slightly off as that is a HS story..

    This^... while I agree with the rest of the statement, the key factor needed a slight tweak IMO.

    When one QB is already clearing the highest career hurdle a FBS QB can face while another has not showed the ability to clear a lower, Division I hurdle, there is no competition.

    Someone above mentioned Bortles... given Wentz's very limited experience at QB, I think the better comp is Tannehill.

    Well.....see above. You don't have to play in a P5 conference to become a good NFL QB.....See BR, Flacco, Fitzgerald, Bortles, Romo, Kaepernick (still some potential), Carr

    @the-gipper said:

    Well.....see above. You don't have to play in a P5 conference to become a good NFL QB.....See BR, Flacco, Fitzgerald, Bortles, Romo, Kaepernick (still some potential), Carr

    Who wants a "good" QB?

  • I love hearing about the measurables, but I also think it can be somewhat overrated. At the same time, having ideal size and strength certainly isn't a BAD thing. What I really like about Wentz receiving so much buzz is that it makes me think we don't have to trade up to get Goff. Now, I realize a lot has to happen in order for Wentz to be considered the same caliber as Goff, but if our talent evaluators have Wentz (or Lynch for that matter) graded out about the same as Goff, then I have no problem with taking him at #2. Would it be nice to move back a few slots and still get our guy while acquiring more picks? Sure it would, but I don't want to get screwed either. I'm not sure you take a chance when it comes to getting your QB, and if we trade back, even just a couple slots, that would leave room for another team to make a crazy trade proposal and leap frog us. THAT, I'm not cool with.

    By just about all accounts, we need a young QB, and using the draft to get our guy seems the best way to handle this matter. Trading for a viable starter is rare, and we'd either get a guy at the end of his rope, or somebody with too many question marks. No, I think the draft is the way to go, and I think that's what we do. Just look at the four teams that competed in the championship games. Brady is the only guy that wasn't drafted in the first round, and I think it's safe to say he's simply a freak of nature and NFL statistics. The other three teams not only had first round QB's, they were #1 OVERALL picks I believe. I'm certainly not saying that Goff, Wentz, or Lynch is rated anywhere near as high as the likes of Palmer, Newton, or Manning, but the point is they were picked in the first round, and I think that's the way we have to go. Would I like to draft a Bosa, Ramsey, or Tunsil and grab a starting QB in the second? Hell yes I would, but we don't have that luxury in my opinion.

    We've had one day of senior bowl practice, and this is the just the beginning of a long process in which hundreds of talent scouts will pick the new QB candidates apart. Wentz has jaw dropping physical stats, and I also read that the guy has something like a 4.0 GPA in college. So he appears to be gifted both mentally and physically. I'm very interested in seeing how this develops, and the more I read, the more I think we could be drafting this guy.

  • Here's what I think about Wentz vs Goff:

    - Goff is better at making reads, better accuracy, better footwork, better awareness (he never looks at pressure but he always knows where it is), and is much quicker going through progressions (he is also always light on his feet and turning his body as he scans the field - similar to Rodgers). Wentz tends to lock on to his first read and predetermines a lot of throws. He leads guys too far sometimes, is more raw in all these categories.

    - Wentz has ideal size, more arm strength, and is more athletic.

    - Wentz played in a "pro-style" system except he did it against non-NFL talent, and only did it for 1 1/2 years worth of games.

    - Wentz broke his throwing wrist in october 2015 - missed 2+ months of action after surgery. Also broke is forearm or something in high school IIRC

    - Wentz is almost 2 years older than Goff (23 versus 21). You can put Goff in a pro system for 1 1/2 years and he'd be younger than Wentz is today - with more experience than Wentz has today.

    The only reason anybody is rating Wentz so high is because of potential. Ok he could become Joe Flacco or he could become Blaine Gabbert.

    Enough of the ideal size arm strength bull shit. Take the damn guy who's younger and does everything else well enough to be much closer to a "sure thing"

    Wentz is the guy we should trade up to #22 for, Goff is the guy we should take at #2. Just sayin'

    @bbedward said:

    Here's what I think about Wentz vs Goff:

    - Goff is better at making reads, better accuracy, better footwork, better awareness (he never looks at pressure but he always knows where it is), and is much quicker going through progressions (he is also always light on his feet and turning his body as he scans the field - similar to Rodgers). Wentz tends to lock on to his first read and predetermines a lot of throws. He leads guys too far sometimes, is more raw in all these categories.

    - Wentz has ideal size, more arm strength, and is more athletic.

    - Wentz played in a "pro-style" system except he did it against non-NFL talent, and only did it for 1 1/2 years worth of games.

    - Wentz broke his throwing wrist in october 2015 - missed 2+ months of action after surgery. Also broke is forearm or something in high school IIRC

    - Wentz is almost 2 years older than Goff (23 versus 21). You can put Goff in a pro system for 1 1/2 years and he'd be younger than Wentz is today - with more experience than Wentz has today.

    The only reason anybody is rating Wentz so high is because of potential. Ok he could become Joe Flacco or he could become Blaine Gabbert.

    Enough of the ideal size arm strength bull shit. Take the damn guy who's younger and does everything else well enough to be much closer to a "sure thing"

    Wentz is the guy we should trade up to #22 for, Goff is the guy we should take at #2. Just sayin'

    If wentz is second qb off the board, no way he's still there at 22, doubt he'd still be there at 22 even if 3rd qb picked, if we pass on Goff best we can hope for with #32 pick is Connor cook without trading back into top half of first round. Even then wed probably trading up for lynch over cook.