Skip to content

Camp Wentz- Starts here.

The Browns Board
375 48 14.5k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Dedication or Dr's orders?

    I keep trying to like Wentz more as it'd make draft day so much easier if I did not have a strong preference between two QBs... but so far I can't get there.

    The former of the two. The off-season becomes my 'in season'.

    Now that I have Wentz fresh in my mind and a short checklist of things I want to compare, I'll head over to watch Goff and get some input from their 'camp' thread.

    @tiamat63 said:

    The former of the two. The off-season becomes my 'in season'.

    Now that I have Wentz fresh in my mind and a short checklist of things I want to compare, I'll head over to watch Goff and get some input from their 'camp' thread.

    Good to see you back and ready to go for an exciting off season ahead Tia!

  • @tiamat63 said:

    The former of the two. The off-season becomes my 'in season'.

    Now that I have Wentz fresh in my mind and a short checklist of things I want to compare, I'll head over to watch Goff and get some input from their 'camp' thread.

    Good to see you back and ready to go for an exciting off season ahead Tia!

    @flugel said:

    Good to see you back and ready to go for an exciting off season ahead Tia!

    Thanks, bud. I am excited to have Hue on board plus our new staff additions.

    This past season took quite a bit out of me. By week 13 I was hardly tuning in. I have a feeling once the combine rolls around I'll have the draft fever again.

    As for my tape on Wentz - I'm searching for full games on Goff and found one against ASU. Going to watch that tonight as most of what I've seen has been cut ups of the two.

  • Www.draftbreakdown.com has several Goff videos including Stanford and USC.

  • @flugel said:

    Good to see you back and ready to go for an exciting off season ahead Tia!

    Thanks, bud. I am excited to have Hue on board plus our new staff additions.

    This past season took quite a bit out of me. By week 13 I was hardly tuning in. I have a feeling once the combine rolls around I'll have the draft fever again.

    As for my tape on Wentz - I'm searching for full games on Goff and found one against ASU. Going to watch that tonight as most of what I've seen has been cut ups of the two.

    @tiamat63 said:

    As for my tape on Wentz - I'm searching for full games on Goff and found one against ASU. Going to watch that tonight as most of what I've seen has been cut ups of the two.

    ???????????? Studying their hand off technique?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    As for my tape on Wentz - I'm searching for full games on Goff and found one against ASU. Going to watch that tonight as most of what I've seen has been cut ups of the two.

    ???????????? Studying their hand off technique?

    @tour2ma said:

    ???????????? Studying their hand off technique?

    Hey, its more important than you know.

    I just wanted to see a full version, out of curiosity really. Also wanted to break down what Cal's running game looks like, what kind of calls a defense likes to throw at Goff over the course of a game, etc etc.

    That said.... I think I'm coming around on Goff and his accuracy.

  • So.... Who is going volunteering to take my place as president of camp Wentz?

    I've decided I might be switching parties.

  • So.... Who is going volunteering to take my place as president of camp Wentz?

    I've decided I might be switching parties.

    @tiamat63 said:

    So.... Who is going volunteering to take my place as president of camp Wentz?

    FieldCricket.png

  • So.... Who is going volunteering to take my place as president of camp Wentz?

    I've decided I might be switching parties.

    @tiamat63 said:

    So.... Who is going volunteering to take my place as president of camp Wentz?

    I've decided I might be switching parties.

    lol... going to go out on a limb here and guess you are considering a shorter prospect.

  • So.... Who is going volunteering to take my place as president of camp Wentz?

    I've decided I might be switching parties.

    @tiamat63 said:

    So.... Who is going volunteering to take my place as president of camp Wentz?

    I've decided I might be switching parties.

    I will, what the hell.

  • I was reading where Goff has more zip to his intermediate and short range passes,

    which would be better playing in the weather in Cleveland.

    Then I read where Wentz has the bigger arm...

    so confusing.

  • Another 4th round grade?

    Verbal comments do not seem to jive with the written slides between video segments.

  • I also remember there being some analysts that weren't high on Bortles either, and he's an excellent example of what a guy can do when a team is patient and provides him with weapons. The Jags went from a truly awful WR corp, to one of the best in the damn league. Once they get a defense...watch out. Yes...the Jags...watch out. They lost their first round pick Fowler in the damn preseason (or OTA's...I don't remember). It's possible they can draft Bosa or Ramsey with their first rounder this year, so they could get basically two elite players on their defense in 2016. That's pretty insane.

    Wentz has some similarities to Bortles IMO, and I also think he'll require a bit of patience. The stark contrast of the college game to the pros is ridiculous, but playing at a small school would exacerbate the difference. I really wish that there was a consensus on who the best QB was in the draft, as that sure would make me feel a helluva lot better, but we have to play the hand we're dealt, right? We need to trust our talent gurus and essentially pray to get it right. Wentz also makes sense for us because he won't have to play right away. Sure, it'd be great if Wentz somehow beat out McCown, but I don't see that happening.

  • Wentz, Wentz, Wentz, Wentz, Wentz!!!!!

  • Someone on NFL Network mocked Carson to us today. Actually had Goff sliding all the way to SF at 7.

  • I am starting to read more mocks that have Wentz going to Cleveland.

  • I am starting to read more mocks that have Wentz going to Cleveland.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I am starting to read more mocks that have Wentz going to Cleveland.

    And I have seen many that have us taking Goff. If we are good with either one then we should trade down a little and get extra value out of whichever one goes 2nd to us. Take a chance. We need all the extra help we can get.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I am starting to read more mocks that have Wentz going to Cleveland.

    And I have seen many that have us taking Goff. If we are good with either one then we should trade down a little and get extra value out of whichever one goes 2nd to us. Take a chance. We need all the extra help we can get.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And I have seen many that have us taking Goff. If we are good with either one then we should trade down a little and get extra value out of whichever one goes 2nd to us. Take a chance. We need all the extra help we can get.

    again, which team would trade for which prospect?
  • @texasag1969 said:

    And I have seen many that have us taking Goff. If we are good with either one then we should trade down a little and get extra value out of whichever one goes 2nd to us. Take a chance. We need all the extra help we can get.

    again, which team would trade for which prospect?

    @mike-h said:

    again, which team would trade for which prospect?

    Too early to tell yet Mike, but the closer we get the more likely it will be someone has an eye on a player they are sure someone before them wants as well. We just need to be open to the possibility if we do indeed have 2 QBs we would be equally happy with.