Skip to content

Camp Goff

The Browns Board
515 46 16.1k
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Hormel Chili-no beans? 😉

    I just went to a restaurant for lunch today. The diner had TVs going and Michael Simon was on ABC with some other chefs and they were having a Chili Cookoff associated with the Super Bowl. They had some NFL players in their as judges. I know Nick Mangold was one...not sure who the others were.

    Simon had on a Browns #55 jersey. I guess that is Alex Mack's jersey. Anyway, he won...and the chili looked good so that is what I ordered for lunch......and The Magic City Diner has some pretty good Chili!. ( but it did have beans)

  • @bbedward said:

    d6087433714266.56b4c3328c827.jpg

    He looks skinny.

    Like Paul McDonald.

    Z

  • @bbedward said:

    d6087433714266.56b4c3328c827.jpg

    He looks skinny.

    Like Paul McDonald.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    He looks skinny.

    Like Paul McDonald.

    Z

    Just freeking great. Just what we need, another Paul McDonald. You are one depression inducing mother fucker Zombo.

    red-angry-smiley-face.png

    Could you not at least have said "he looks skinny....like Brian Sipe".

  • He looks kind of like a young Josh McCown.

    @bbedward said:

    d6087433714266.56b4c3328c827.jpg

    2d8mfix.jpg

  • Browns QBs to wear #16?

    Plum and Nelson come to mind...

  • Browns QBs to wear #16?

    Plum and Nelson come to mind...

    @tour2ma said:

    Browns QBs to wear #16?

    Plum and Nelson come to mind...

    We'll be retiring #16 in 20 years give or take 😉

  • I forgot Hawkins is 16, so Goff may be something different.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Browns QBs to wear #16?

    Plum and Nelson come to mind...

    We'll be retiring #16 in 20 years give or take 😉

    @bbedward said:

    We'll be retiring #16 in 20 years give or take 😉

    Here's part of a revised nursery rhyme on behalf of the 1 former QB here that tarnished #16:

    Paul McDonald took the field

    E-I-E-I Ouch.

    After the snap - he closed his eyes

    E-I-E-I Ouch

    So during the play - he threw the pic

    E-I-E-I Ouch

  • He played this season at 210

    He's already up to 220lbs, been focusing on bulking up since the season ended

  • I'm thinking Goff is going to be a lot like Aaron Rodgers and I hope he drops in the draft like Rodgers did if we do not take him at number two or what ever we get if we can trade back. I think Rodgers and Goff had the same position coaches in college didn't they?.

  • I'm thinking Goff is going to be a lot like Aaron Rodgers and I hope he drops in the draft like Rodgers did if we do not take him at number two or what ever we get if we can trade back. I think Rodgers and Goff had the same position coaches in college didn't they?.

    @joedawg69 said:

    I'm thinking Goff is going to be a lot like Aaron Rodgers and I hope he drops in the draft like Rodgers did if we do not take him at number two or what ever we get if we can trade back. I think Rodgers and Goff had the same position coaches in college didn't they?.

    I don't think so - same colleges, different staff.

    I don't see him falling too far in the draft though - it's probably at #2 or not at all.

  • Well, even with the different staffs, Goff has a lot of the same pro traits that I noticed with Rodgers. They both had strong accurate arms, they both looked good at quick release and reading the defense at the college level, and they both were great field generals while playing for Cal. Of course this does not mean that Goff will turn out like Rodgers but he has the best chance out of the options in my opinion.

  • Well, even with the different staffs, Goff has a lot of the same pro traits that I noticed with Rodgers. They both had strong accurate arms, they both looked good at quick release and reading the defense at the college level, and they both were great field generals while playing for Cal. Of course this does not mean that Goff will turn out like Rodgers but he has the best chance out of the options in my opinion.

    @joedawg69 said:

    Well, even with the different staffs, Goff has a lot of the same pro traits that I noticed with Rodgers. They both had strong accurate arms, they both looked good at quick release and reading the defense at the college level, and they both were great field generals while playing for Cal. Of course this does not mean that Goff will turn out like Rodgers but he has the best chance out of the options in my opinion.

    He's the best mechanically, best mentally, the youngest, the most accurate.

    I agree with you - I really wanna see him here, we really have a great environment for a young quarterback now with Hue+Staff and McCown

  • I'm thinking Goff is going to be a lot like Aaron Rodgers and I hope he drops in the draft like Rodgers did if we do not take him at number two or what ever we get if we can trade back. I think Rodgers and Goff had the same position coaches in college didn't they?.

    @joedawg69 said:

    I'm thinking Goff is going to be a lot like Aaron Rodgers and I hope he drops in the draft like Rodgers did if we do not take him at number two or what ever we get if we can trade back. I think Rodgers and Goff had the same position coaches in college didn't they?.

    One of the things Rodgers put on his college resume that prior QBs like Elway, Montana, and Kosar once did was beat a more talented opponent he wasn't supposed/expected to. When Cal upset a much more talented USC team because of Rogers - it showed at least 1 NFL team in the first round this might be a good horse to bet on. If you're going to join a bad football team that plays a lot of teams you aren't supposed to beat - this is a pretty cool quality to possess. Obviously, a lot of other important intangibles are required too.

    Kosar took the U to a level Jim Kelly couldn't. He had them in a National Championship Game before their roster was loaded with NFL talent on both sides of the ball. They upset Nebraska before he came and led this team to 3 AFC Championship game appearances. What were we accomplishing before and after Kosar here? Montana ruined an undefeated season for Texas in a game Notre Dame wasn't favored to win. I began hating Elway as early as his second half where Stanford erased a huge halftime deficit to tie a much more talent Ohio State team.

    I would love to a QB that can come here and elevate the play of everyone around him again. It's been a long time.

  • @joedawg69 said:

    Well, even with the different staffs, Goff has a lot of the same pro traits that I noticed with Rodgers. They both had strong accurate arms, they both looked good at quick release and reading the defense at the college level, and they both were great field generals while playing for Cal. Of course this does not mean that Goff will turn out like Rodgers but he has the best chance out of the options in my opinion.

    He's the best mechanically, best mentally, the youngest, the most accurate.

    I agree with you - I really wanna see him here, we really have a great environment for a young quarterback now with Hue+Staff and McCown

    @bbedward said:

    He's the best mechanically, best mentally, the youngest, the most accurate.

    I agree with you - I really wanna see him here, we really have a great environment for a young quarterback now with Hue+Staff and McCown

    This!

  • I forgot Hawkins is 16, so Goff may be something different.

    @bbedward said:

    I forgot Hawkins is 16, so Goff may be something different.

    Financial arrangements have been known to happen...

  • Goff doesn't have a rocket arm, but that's fine by me. As long as he can make progressions, deliver the ball accurately and avoid pressure in the pocket, I'm good. Rocket arms fail far more often than rocket minds.

    @roycerolls said:

    Goff doesn't have a rocket arm, but that's fine by me. As long as he can make progressions, deliver the ball accurately and avoid pressure in the pocket, I'm good. Rocket arms fail far more often than rocket minds.

    True words.,,,,QB is the one position where the physical aspects are far outweighed by the mental and instinctive aspects. Ive seen lots and lots of average sized non athletic QB's succeed at a high level....but have seen very few premier athletes with the perfect size succeed without the smarts and instincts.....

    And only a select few that have both.....

  • @joedawg69 said:

    Well, even with the different staffs, Goff has a lot of the same pro traits that I noticed with Rodgers. They both had strong accurate arms, they both looked good at quick release and reading the defense at the college level, and they both were great field generals while playing for Cal. Of course this does not mean that Goff will turn out like Rodgers but he has the best chance out of the options in my opinion.

    He's the best mechanically, best mentally, the youngest, the most accurate.

    I agree with you - I really wanna see him here, we really have a great environment for a young quarterback now with Hue+Staff and McCown

    @bbedward said:

    He's the best mechanically, best mentally, the youngest, the most accurate.

    I agree with you - I really wanna see him here, we really have a great environment for a young quarterback now with Hue+Staff and McCown

    How does his pecker taste? Like Chicken....or greasy like duck?