Skip to content

Camp Goff

The Browns Board
515 46 16.1k
  • If we have a new OL starter [draft a new C, resign the Schwartz], please don't start Goff game1. Unless something magical happens in the offseason, it's going to be a long year if Erving starts..

  • I'm a little concerned about the lack of progressions and not looking off defenders. That would keep him off the field until he improves those areas greatly in practice. Some learn quick and others have a hard time developing those habits, or revert to old ways under pressure.

  • I'm a little concerned about the lack of progressions and not looking off defenders. That would keep him off the field until he improves those areas greatly in practice. Some learn quick and others have a hard time developing those habits, or revert to old ways under pressure.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm a little concerned about the lack of progressions and not looking off defenders.

    I'm not because I've seen him do both... repeatedly.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'm a little concerned about the lack of progressions and not looking off defenders.

    I'm not because I've seen him do both... repeatedly.

    @tour2ma said:

    I'm not because I've seen him do both... repeatedly.

    Interesting. I wonder why the evaluator you cited had that as a problem.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I'm not because I've seen him do both... repeatedly.

    Interesting. I wonder why the evaluator you cited had that as a problem.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Interesting. I wonder why the evaluator you cited had that as a problem.

    Dunno... maybe a Manziel fan? 😉

    Seriously... I had in my notes "good eye discipline". And as he slide in the pocket he can be seen surveying the field.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Interesting. I wonder why the evaluator you cited had that as a problem.

    Dunno... maybe a Manziel fan? 😉

    Seriously... I had in my notes "good eye discipline". And as he slide in the pocket he can be seen surveying the field.

    @tour2ma said:

    Dunno... maybe a Manziel fan? 😉

    Seriously... I had in my notes "good eye discipline". And as he slide in the pocket he can be seen surveying the field.

    Criticizing Goff has nothing to do with being a Manziel fan.

    Manziel is gone, so how can having liked him have any affect on evaluating the potential future QB of the team?

    That said, Wentz has a slight edge on Goff for me right now. More arm, more mobility.

  • @hoorta said:

    Just keepin' it real Mike. The 26? name qb jersey has taught me to be cautious. That said, Wentz is obviously superior physically, but Goff having a relatively small frame & lesser arm shouldn't be a non-starter. I suppose the same could be said about Lynch being a system quarterback. Shades of Dave Klingler.

    I like to think Hue knows what a potential upper level NFL quarterback looks like, & I'm sure the analytics guys will watch every snap Goff, Wentz, and Lynch took. As well as work them out. I do like Goff's comment he's going to do everything- including throw- at the combine.

    I don't care who they pick, just pick the right guy for a change. Haven't heard about off field red flags about any of the top 3 qbs. Heard Wentz is a huntin' & fishin' kind of guy. (Just don't shoot yourself in the leg like Plaxico) Goff's Cal coach praised him as being super high character.

    There was a report somewhere after the senior bowl that said Goff is the only prospect with 0 off field concerns.

    The main things I like about him are the mental aspects - brain, vision, pocket awareness. The physical tools are good enough though. They were also saying Wentz had less velocity than Goff despite having a bigger arm.

    @bbedward said:

    There was a report somewhere after the senior bowl that said Goff is the only prospect with 0 off field concerns.

    The main things I like about him are the mental aspects - brain, vision, pocket awareness. The physical tools are good enough though. They were also saying Wentz had less velocity than Goff despite having a bigger arm.

    i like the 0 off field concerns...the physical tools right now are not great enough though...playing in the nfc north in the cold will wear you down...he needs to put on more weight which in my opinion won't be tooooo difficult...should be fun. lots of pizza shakes fries pancakes etc...shoud not be difficult at all..

  • @bbedward said:

    There was a report somewhere after the senior bowl that said Goff is the only prospect with 0 off field concerns.

    The main things I like about him are the mental aspects - brain, vision, pocket awareness. The physical tools are good enough though. They were also saying Wentz had less velocity than Goff despite having a bigger arm.

    i like the 0 off field concerns...the physical tools right now are not great enough though...playing in the nfc north in the cold will wear you down...he needs to put on more weight which in my opinion won't be tooooo difficult...should be fun. lots of pizza shakes fries pancakes etc...shoud not be difficult at all..

    @browns52 said:

    i like the 0 off field concerns...the physical tools right now are not great enough though...playing in the nfc north in the cold will wear you down...he needs to put on more weight which in my opinion won't be tooooo difficult...should be fun. lots of pizza shakes fries pancakes etc...shoud not be difficult at all..

    He needs to add functional and core strength. His arm needs work.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Dunno... maybe a Manziel fan? 😉

    Seriously... I had in my notes "good eye discipline". And as he slide in the pocket he can be seen surveying the field.

    Criticizing Goff has nothing to do with being a Manziel fan.

    Manziel is gone, so how can having liked him have any affect on evaluating the potential future QB of the team?

    That said, Wentz has a slight edge on Goff for me right now. More arm, more mobility.

    @mike-h said:

    Criticizing Goff has nothing to do with being a Manziel fan.

    Manziel is gone, so how can having liked him have any affect on evaluating the potential future QB of the team?

    That said, Wentz has a slight edge on Goff for me right now. More arm, more mobility.

    ... but less head...

    Lighten up, Mike... just joking about JM. The winky face was a clue.

  • @mike-h said:

    Criticizing Goff has nothing to do with being a Manziel fan.

    Manziel is gone, so how can having liked him have any affect on evaluating the potential future QB of the team?

    That said, Wentz has a slight edge on Goff for me right now. More arm, more mobility.

    ... but less head...

    Lighten up, Mike... just joking about JM. The winky face was a clue.

    @tour2ma said:

    ... but less head...

    Lighten up, Mike... just joking about JM. The winky face was a clue.

    I see no difference between Goff and Wentz's cerebral ability to play the position.

  • 5th rated and 3rd round grade? You are your own man, Em... I'll give you that.

  • Okay... just wondering, Emdig.

    Where would you have put rapistbooger ?

    oh well, maybe the Browns won't draft their qb at #2 now.

    So confusing, more confused because Emdig knows his stuff.

    dammit.

  • The only person who is giving him a 3rd round grade.....

  • #5 QB in the draft...wow, ok.

  • #5 QB in the draft...wow, ok.

    @gftchris said:

    #5 QB in the draft...wow, ok.

    Yeah I hope these videos are just an elaborate troll job.

  • EM where do you post your top 5 quarterbacks? Where can we see that?

    I'm a little puzzled if you rate Goff as the most NFL ready but not worth a first or second round. Mind you I'm not a Goff #2 pimp

    WSS

  • Goff #5 & Cardale #1? I adamantly disagree, but then I'm not an expert.

    http://footballgameplan.com/fbgp-scouting-report-cardale-jones/

    Mike

  • Come on Mike a guy that can't start for his team after winning the national championship has to have some red flags.

    WSS

  • EM where do you post your top 5 quarterbacks? Where can we see that?

    I'm a little puzzled if you rate Goff as the most NFL ready but not worth a first or second round. Mind you I'm not a Goff #2 pimp

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    EM where do you post your top 5 quarterbacks? Where can we see that?

    I'm a little puzzled if you rate Goff as the most NFL ready but not worth a first or second round. Mind you I'm not a Goff #2 pimp

    WSS

    www.footballgameplan.com/FBGPScouting

    Keep checking that link b/c it'll constantly be getting updated. Rankings 16-32 will be out today and rolled into 1 video