Camp Goff
-
The only person who is giving him a 3rd round grade.....
-
#5 QB in the draft...wow, ok.
-
-
EM where do you post your top 5 quarterbacks? Where can we see that?
I'm a little puzzled if you rate Goff as the most NFL ready but not worth a first or second round. Mind you I'm not a Goff #2 pimp
WSS
-
Goff #5 & Cardale #1? I adamantly disagree, but then I'm not an expert.
http://footballgameplan.com/fbgp-scouting-report-cardale-jones/
Mike
-
Come on Mike a guy that can't start for his team after winning the national championship has to have some red flags.
WSS
-
EM where do you post your top 5 quarterbacks? Where can we see that?
I'm a little puzzled if you rate Goff as the most NFL ready but not worth a first or second round. Mind you I'm not a Goff #2 pimp
WSS
EM where do you post your top 5 quarterbacks? Where can we see that?
I'm a little puzzled if you rate Goff as the most NFL ready but not worth a first or second round. Mind you I'm not a Goff #2 pimp
WSS
www.footballgameplan.com/FBGPScouting
Keep checking that link b/c it'll constantly be getting updated. Rankings 16-32 will be out today and rolled into 1 video
-
Thanks E!
WSS
-
EM where do you post your top 5 quarterbacks? Where can we see that?
I'm a little puzzled if you rate Goff as the most NFL ready but not worth a first or second round. Mind you I'm not a Goff #2 pimp
WSS
www.footballgameplan.com/FBGPScouting
Keep checking that link b/c it'll constantly be getting updated. Rankings 16-32 will be out today and rolled into 1 video
Wow, maybe you should have waited till after the combine and pro days to go out on a limb like that. I think youre forgetting how much size, and especially hand size will determine whether or not these guys make it. Theres a reason the biggest guys are on the top of most boards. For every Wilson theres 50 guys who couldnt translate their games to the NFL. Theres a reasonable chance your top 3 guys dont start 16 games in the NFL combined.www.footballgameplan.com/FBGPScouting
Keep checking that link b/c it'll constantly be getting updated. Rankings 16-32 will be out today and rolled into 1 video
-
EM where do you post your top 5 quarterbacks? Where can we see that?
I'm a little puzzled if you rate Goff as the most NFL ready but not worth a first or second round. Mind you I'm not a Goff #2 pimp
WSS
www.footballgameplan.com/FBGPScouting
Keep checking that link b/c it'll constantly be getting updated. Rankings 16-32 will be out today and rolled into 1 video
www.footballgameplan.com/FBGPScouting
Keep checking that link b/c it'll constantly be getting updated. Rankings 16-32 will be out today and rolled into 1 video
Sometimes I think you just like to be contrarian! Goff #5 is a headscratcher but Wentz at 12 and Lynch at 13 are certainly way, way outside the 'groupthink' on QBs. Not that that's a bad thing, but usually if one person out of 20 is completely off-centre, they're wrong.
-
www.footballgameplan.com/FBGPScouting
Keep checking that link b/c it'll constantly be getting updated. Rankings 16-32 will be out today and rolled into 1 video
Sometimes I think you just like to be contrarian! Goff #5 is a headscratcher but Wentz at 12 and Lynch at 13 are certainly way, way outside the 'groupthink' on QBs. Not that that's a bad thing, but usually if one person out of 20 is completely off-centre, they're wrong.
Sometimes I think you just like to be contrarian! Goff #5 is a headscratcher but Wentz at 12 and Lynch at 13 are certainly way, way outside the 'groupthink' on QBs. Not that that's a bad thing, but usually if one person out of 20 is completely off-centre, they're wrong.
We'll see as they'll have to play it out on the field
-
Sometimes I think you just like to be contrarian! Goff #5 is a headscratcher but Wentz at 12 and Lynch at 13 are certainly way, way outside the 'groupthink' on QBs. Not that that's a bad thing, but usually if one person out of 20 is completely off-centre, they're wrong.
We'll see as they'll have to play it out on the field
We'll see as they'll have to play it out on the field
For sure, as much as we can try to prognosticate on every prospect, nobody will get the rankings perfect, and there'd never even be consensus on the final rankings, so it's difficult to come close to getting it right.
I'm just not seeing the likes of Jones and Boykin ahead of Goff and even Cook, for example.
-
Sometimes I think you just like to be contrarian! Goff #5 is a headscratcher but Wentz at 12 and Lynch at 13 are certainly way, way outside the 'groupthink' on QBs. Not that that's a bad thing, but usually if one person out of 20 is completely off-centre, they're wrong.
We'll see as they'll have to play it out on the field
-
I'm actually one of the few people that probably doesn't care which direction we go. I'm putting my entire faith in our talent people, and trusting them to make the right call. I'll be happy with whomever we pick at QB, assuming we DO draft one at number two. I wouldn't put it past our people to take another position, or draft down. I don't think we're going to draft a QB JUST to draft one. That being said, if one or both of these guys (or Lynch) fits the bill, we must pull the trigger, and not get cute by trying to trade down.
-
Well.. we got Kiper in a close one... at least for this week.
Headline says "coin-flip", Mel's mock sent Wentz to us, but in the article...
"Goff's the better passer,'' he said. "Wentz has mobility but Goff can move around in the pocket. Certainly for Goff, if he was a little bigger right now than he is in terms of the weight, I don't think there'd be any question he'd be the first quarterback taken. And I still have Goff rating-wise ahead of Carson Wentz.''
-
Well.. we got Kiper in a close one... at least for this week.
Headline says "coin-flip", Mel's mock sent Wentz to us, but in the article...
"Goff's the better passer,'' he said. "Wentz has mobility but Goff can move around in the pocket. Certainly for Goff, if he was a little bigger right now than he is in terms of the weight, I don't think there'd be any question he'd be the first quarterback taken. And I still have Goff rating-wise ahead of Carson Wentz.''
Well.. we got Kiper in a close one... at least for this week.
Headline says "coin-flip", Mel's mock sent Wentz to us, but in the article...
"Goff's the better passer,'' he said. "Wentz has mobility but Goff can move around in the pocket. Certainly for Goff, if he was a little bigger right now than he is in terms of the weight, I don't think there'd be any question he'd be the first quarterback taken. And I still have Goff rating-wise ahead of Carson Wentz.''
Interesting quotes at the end of that article Tour.
Kiper raised the possibility that the Browns pick another position at No. 2 and take a quarterback with their No. 32 overall pick.
"Do they even pass on both of them and take say (Florida State cornerback) Jalen Ramsey to help that secondary and then look to the quarterback in the early second round?'' he said. "It happened in Cincinnati with A.J. Green and Andy Dalton. Happened in Oakland with Khalil Mack and then Derek Carr. Happened in San Diego with LaDainain Tomlinson and Drew Brees. So teams have worked that formula effectively on three different occasions. So maybe they could take another player like Ramsey and then get the quarterback early second, gamble that Lynch would be there.
"Maybe they like Connor Cook from Michigan State. Maybe they like (Penn State's Christian) Hackenberg. Maybe they like (Mississippi State's Dak) Prescott. (Maybe there's) somebody else that Hue Jackson feels 'hey I can get one of those three guys in the second round, I don't need to take a quarterback at two,' So we'll see.''
-
And now Mayock agrees that Goff is the QB for us?
Mike Mayock: Browns Should Draft Jared Goff
By Joe Ginley @JoeGinley on Feb 23, 2016, 12:01p
Two camps have emerged among NFL Draft junkies and team executives: Team Jared and Team Wentz.
Count NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock firmly in Team Wentz.
However, the draft analyst believes Jared Goff would be the better fit for the Cleveland Browns.
Mayock talked quarterbacks during an appearance on the Rich EisenShow on Monday. The former CBS and NBC analyst focused on the choice between Jared Goff and Carson Wentz.
Mayock began his interview by speaking about discussing the differences between Wentz and Goff, both talented, but very different quarterbacks.
"The first piece of it is some people are Wentz guys, some people are Goff guys around the league. If you're a Goff guy, it's because he's more polished and ready to go day one. He's got beautiful pocket awareness, really good feet, the ball comes out quickly with a quick release, he's accurate with good arm strength."If you're Cleveland at No. 2, and you're looking for a quarterback ready to go on day one, he's the more logical guy today."http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/2/23/11099382/mike-mayock-browns-should-draft-jared-goff
Personally I think his rationale sucks. For one, it ignores the existence of McCown. For another, he makes a significant leap when he assumes Wentz can ascend to the heights Goff has already achieved let alone those Luck has. Lastly, he does not allow for the further development of the guy he knows has shown the capability to develop.
I like Mayock, but this smacks of CYA... and I'm not used to getting that from Mayock. Very disappointing...
-
And now Mayock agrees that Goff is the QB for us?
Mike Mayock: Browns Should Draft Jared Goff
By Joe Ginley @JoeGinley on Feb 23, 2016, 12:01p
Two camps have emerged among NFL Draft junkies and team executives: Team Jared and Team Wentz.
Count NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock firmly in Team Wentz.
However, the draft analyst believes Jared Goff would be the better fit for the Cleveland Browns.
Mayock talked quarterbacks during an appearance on the Rich EisenShow on Monday. The former CBS and NBC analyst focused on the choice between Jared Goff and Carson Wentz.
Mayock began his interview by speaking about discussing the differences between Wentz and Goff, both talented, but very different quarterbacks.
"The first piece of it is some people are Wentz guys, some people are Goff guys around the league. If you're a Goff guy, it's because he's more polished and ready to go day one. He's got beautiful pocket awareness, really good feet, the ball comes out quickly with a quick release, he's accurate with good arm strength."If you're Cleveland at No. 2, and you're looking for a quarterback ready to go on day one, he's the more logical guy today."http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/2/23/11099382/mike-mayock-browns-should-draft-jared-goff
Personally I think his rationale sucks. For one, it ignores the existence of McCown. For another, he makes a significant leap when he assumes Wentz can ascend to the heights Goff has already achieved let alone those Luck has. Lastly, he does not allow for the further development of the guy he knows has shown the capability to develop.
I like Mayock, but this smacks of CYA... and I'm not used to getting that from Mayock. Very disappointing...
Personally I think his rationale sucks. For one, it ignores the existence of McCown. For another, he makes a significant leap when he assumes Wentz can ascend to the heights Goff has already achieved let alone those Luck has. Lastly, he does not allow for the further development of the guy he knows has shown the capability to develop.
I like Mayock, but this smacks of CYA... and I'm not used to getting that from Mayock. Very disappointing...
I don't follow all of this as close as a lot of you but I heard another NFL network guy last week talking draft and he basically ignored McCown as well essentially saying the Browns need a QB who can start from day 1 and I don't quite understand that. McCown played just fine last year. No he's not a long term answer and he's not Tom Brady but he doesn't suck. Hell, he'd probably rank in the top 5 easy of QB's we've had since 1999.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login