Camp Goff
-
That's what I don't see, personally.
I don't see any indications that would point to a deficiency in Wentz's ability to retain information, nor do I see a generational ability in Goff. Both can be very good, but neither are likely to be Tom Brady.
When Tom Brady was drafted nobody thought he was likely to be Tom Brady.
When Tom Brady was drafted nobody thought he was likely to be Tom Brady.
Right, and since Tom Brady has been drafted, there hasn't been another one. He changed the way teams value intangibles like competitive fire and leadership.
Goff doesn't possess those qualities, in my opinion. Not to the same extent as Brady. Nobody does.
-
It's a D1 list.
Sure, but if the point is 'Goff dominated the other QBs in this draft class' then it would be nice to see how it stacks up with Wentz, that's my point.
-
Insider Buzz: NFL GM Expects Goff to Go No. 1 Overall; 'Smartest QB Since Luck'
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2625494-insider-buzz-nfl-gm-expects-goff-to-go-no-1-overall-smartest-qb-since-luck?utm_source=teamstream&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=tsandroid -
Insider Buzz: NFL GM Expects Goff to Go No. 1 Overall; 'Smartest QB Since Luck'
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2625494-insider-buzz-nfl-gm-expects-goff-to-go-no-1-overall-smartest-qb-since-luck?utm_source=teamstream&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=tsandroidInsider Buzz: NFL GM Expects Goff to Go No. 1 Overall; 'Smartest QB Since Luck'
Wew Lad.
Let's hope he falls to #2

-
I still don't see anyone the Titans would be willing to drop for unless the cowgirls go for it. Depends whether they believe this is the best shot they will ever have to find Romo's heir apparent.
-
I still don't see anyone the Titans would be willing to drop for unless the cowgirls go for it. Depends whether they believe this is the best shot they will ever have to find Romo's heir apparent.
I still don't see anyone the Titans would be willing to drop for unless the cowgirls go for it. Depends whether they believe this is the best shot they will ever have to find Romo's heir apparent.
I agree, unless the pokes or someone else offers up a king's ransom (ref. RGIII type deal).
-
Insider Buzz: NFL GM Expects Goff to Go No. 1 Overall; 'Smartest QB Since Luck'
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2625494-insider-buzz-nfl-gm-expects-goff-to-go-no-1-overall-smartest-qb-since-luck?utm_source=teamstream&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=tsandroidInsider Buzz: NFL GM Expects Goff to Go No. 1 Overall; 'Smartest QB Since Luck'
Then I guess we can presume that some team will be willing to trade up to #1? Tits ain't taking him. Who makes that trade? Cowboys? Rams? 49ers?
-
Insider Buzz: NFL GM Expects Goff to Go No. 1 Overall; 'Smartest QB Since Luck'
Then I guess we can presume that some team will be willing to trade up to #1? Tits ain't taking him. Who makes that trade? Cowboys? Rams? 49ers?
Then I guess we can presume that some team will be willing to trade up to #1? Tits ain't taking him. Who makes that trade? Cowboys? Rams? 49ers?
I'd think the 49ers would be the most likely to do it, but I don't see a trade happening at all - Tits likely will want way too much, #1 overalls don't get traded too often.
-
as far as just smart, Goff is not smarter than Wentz. I suppose he meant "football qb smart"...
...Goff is more NFL ready to start. But Wentz is the better pick. I don't see leadership
in Goff's personality in interviews. Don't know why, he doesn't smile much, or get
intrigued by much.
Wentz shows confidence, smiles a lot, has a sense of humor, and a fierce competitiveness about
football.
As far as trading up to #1... the price a team would have to pay isn't worth the difference
between these two excellent qb prospects.
-
as far as just smart, Goff is not smarter than Wentz. I suppose he meant "football qb smart"...
...Goff is more NFL ready to start. But Wentz is the better pick. I don't see leadership
in Goff's personality in interviews. Don't know why, he doesn't smile much, or get
intrigued by much.
Wentz shows confidence, smiles a lot, has a sense of humor, and a fierce competitiveness about
football.
As far as trading up to #1... the price a team would have to pay isn't worth the difference
between these two excellent qb prospects.
The price is set hy the seller. If the 49ers want to trade up to #1 the Titans may decide its worth their 2017 1st and #7. The price is really set by the market for the pick, not some goofy points system someone made up, if the Titans are determined to sell.as far as just smart, Goff is not smarter than Wentz. I suppose he meant "football qb smart"...
...Goff is more NFL ready to start. But Wentz is the better pick. I don't see leadership
in Goff's personality in interviews. Don't know why, he doesn't smile much, or get
intrigued by much.
Wentz shows confidence, smiles a lot, has a sense of humor, and a fierce competitiveness about
football.
As far as trading up to #1... the price a team would have to pay isn't worth the difference
between these two excellent qb prospects.
-
The price is set by the seller
The price is really set by the market
These two things don't go together.
-
Then I guess we can presume that some team will be willing to trade up to #1? Tits ain't taking him. Who makes that trade? Cowboys? Rams? 49ers?
I'd think the 49ers would be the most likely to do it, but I don't see a trade happening at all - Tits likely will want way too much, #1 overalls don't get traded too often.
I'd think the 49ers would be the most likely to do it, but I don't see a trade happening at all - Tits likely will want way too much, #1 overalls don't get traded too often.
Actually, the thing that should happen is that Kaepernick should stay with the Niners....and play under Chip Kelly's system for which I believe he would be supremely suited to play.
But I also really believe that Kaepernik is deploying a certain amount of indirect racial prejudice in his attitude toward Kelly. He perceives that there were certain issues with race on the Eagles....and then prejudges Kelly because of that.
Anyone deny that possibility?
-
The price is set hy the seller. If the 49ers want to trade up to #1 the Titans may decide its worth their 2017 1st and #7. The price is really set by the market for the pick, not some goofy points system someone made up, if the Titans are determined to sell.as far as just smart, Goff is not smarter than Wentz. I suppose he meant "football qb smart"...
...Goff is more NFL ready to start. But Wentz is the better pick. I don't see leadership
in Goff's personality in interviews. Don't know why, he doesn't smile much, or get
intrigued by much.
Wentz shows confidence, smiles a lot, has a sense of humor, and a fierce competitiveness about
football.
As far as trading up to #1... the price a team would have to pay isn't worth the difference
between these two excellent qb prospects.
The price is set hy the seller. If the 49ers want to trade up to #1 the Titans may decide its worth their 2017 1st and #7. The price is really set by the market for the pick, not some goofy points system someone made up, if the Titans are determined to sell.
Quite true... WSH only was raped because they had to have RG3...
Redskins receive: 2012 first-rounder
Rams receive: 2012 first-rounder, 2012 second-round selection, 2013 first-rounder, 2014 first-rounder
... and because the Rams "liked" WSH better than they did us...
With friends like them...
-
The price is set hy the seller. If the 49ers want to trade up to #1 the Titans may decide its worth their 2017 1st and #7. The price is really set by the market for the pick, not some goofy points system someone made up, if the Titans are determined to sell.
Quite true... WSH only was raped because they had to have RG3...
Redskins receive: 2012 first-rounder
Rams receive: 2012 first-rounder, 2012 second-round selection, 2013 first-rounder, 2014 first-rounder
... and because the Rams "liked" WSH better than they did us...
With friends like them...
Quite true... WSH only was raped because they had to have RG3...
Redskins receive: 2012 first-rounder
Rams receive: 2012 first-rounder, 2012 second-round selection, 2013 first-rounder, 2014 first-rounder
... and because the Rams "liked" WSH better than they did us...
With friends like them...
And what good did all those first round picks do for the Rams. Their track record at drafting in round one is about as bad as the Browns.
-
Quite true... WSH only was raped because they had to have RG3...
Redskins receive: 2012 first-rounder
Rams receive: 2012 first-rounder, 2012 second-round selection, 2013 first-rounder, 2014 first-rounder
... and because the Rams "liked" WSH better than they did us...
With friends like them...
And what good did all those first round picks do for the Rams. Their track record at drafting in round one is about as bad as the Browns.
Well, they do have 4 first round picks on their DL.And what good did all those first round picks do for the Rams. Their track record at drafting in round one is about as bad as the Browns.
They also have a pretty good HC and running game with Gurley.
Ironically, the only missing ingredient seems to be lack of a franchise QB.
-
Well, they do have 4 first round picks on their DL.And what good did all those first round picks do for the Rams. Their track record at drafting in round one is about as bad as the Browns.
They also have a pretty good HC and running game with Gurley.
Ironically, the only missing ingredient seems to be lack of a franchise QB.
Well, they do have 4 first round picks on their DL.
They also have a pretty good HC and running game with Gurley.
Ironically, the only missing ingredient seems to be lack of a franchise QB.
Do they now? I used to think so. But,
With all that talent....maybe his is overrated.
And we know that in LA-LA-Land, if that team does not win in like the first 4 weeks, the city will just ignore the team altogether.
-
Well, they do have 4 first round picks on their DL.
They also have a pretty good HC and running game with Gurley.
Ironically, the only missing ingredient seems to be lack of a franchise QB.
Do they now? I used to think so. But,
With all that talent....maybe his is overrated.
And we know that in LA-LA-Land, if that team does not win in like the first 4 weeks, the city will just ignore the team altogether.
Fisher will never be mentioned in the same breath as Paul Brown or Lombardi, but I would take him as the Browns HC over anyone we've had since '99.Do they now? I used to think so. But,
With all that talent....maybe his is overrated.
And we know that in LA-LA-Land, if that team does not win in like the first 4 weeks, the city will just ignore the team altogether.
Look at what the Tits have accomplished since he left.
-
Goff's hand grew to 9.25" at pro day (nevermind, guess it was 9 1/8)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login